hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 Wedges

Excellent, I look forward to seeing your GIR go through the roof 😁😎

• Like 1

Updated!! Added a little BStone Wedge/ball combo video....

YES those are black socks!

• Like 1

Excellent stage one guys, looks like each of you is ready to put the Bridgestone wedges through their paces.

Azstu, you're a mortgage underwriter? Man from the grilling forum, I think you might have been a chef.

Have fun guys! I'm looking forward to seeing your reviews.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

Excellent stage one guys, looks like each of you is ready to put the Bridgestone wedges through their paces.

Azstu, you're a mortgage underwriter? Man from the grilling forum, I think you might have been a chef.

Have fun guys! I'm looking forward to seeing your reviews.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Ha! yeah I was seriously thinking about it at one time in my life.. like very very pre-famiy.. If I ever had a windfall of some sort, I'd probably open a BBQ food truck service and just roam the land feeding people delicious meat. Until then.. Underwriting pays the bills. 

• Like 6

Great start guys!!  I've actually tested these wedges at a local pro shop and LOVED them!!  Just curious though, how do you guys feel about the bounce options with these wedges?  I'm a digger by nature so the low bounce on the 60 and 52 would scare me.  Do you think you'd be able to get out of a bunker with that 60* with such low bounce?

• Like 2

Great start guys!! I've actually tested these wedges at a local pro shop and LOVED them!! Just curious though, how do you guys feel about the bounce options with these wedges? I'm a digger by nature so the low bounce on the 60 and 52 would scare me. Do you think you'd be able to get out of a bunker with that 60* with such low bounce?

I'll leave that question to the experts like shanks to answer who have used a bunch of wedges but I'll add my own twist.

I liked not having a choice, it removes the doubt and possibility that I could've made a mistake when I purchased the club. It removes that mental hurdle for me.

That being said I only use the 56 from bunkers and I just open the face up if I need more loft on it. It helps me if I just use one club for chipping and sand shots.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Great start guys!! I've actually tested these wedges at a local pro shop and LOVED them!! Just curious though, how do you guys feel about the bounce options with these wedges? I'm a digger by nature so the low bounce on the 60 and 52 would scare me. Do you think you'd be able to get out of a bunker with that 60* with such low bounce?

Surprisingly well out of bunkers, the 60's sole is nice a wide, very versatile from all sorts of lies. And yes I've gotten up and down out of a loose sand bunker with the 60.

The 52 plays with more bounce than advertised.

And the 56 plays like 14° of bounce, but mine seems to have a different hosel transition than the other two, looks like a tad more offset, but unless you're really looking you'd never see it.

• Like 2

Amazing start so far fellas!  Can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts on these.  I haven't had a chance to hold these bad boys in my hands yet but from the pics I think they are some of the sexiest wedges every made.  I haven't really found a wedge that felt just right since the original Mack Daddy Jaws wedge.  i will be following along closely to this thread for sure.

Just curious.  Do any of you think that these wedges feel more solid with the mass behind where you hit the ball?  

• Like 2

Amazing start so far fellas! Can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts on these. I haven't had a chance to hold these bad boys in my hands yet but from the pics I think they are some of the sexiest wedges every made. I haven't really found a wedge that felt just right since the original Mack Daddy Jaws wedge. i will be following along closely to this thread for sure.

Just curious. Do any of you think that these wedges feel more solid with the mass behind where you hit the ball?

Without giving you the full review.

Yes.

These are mighty fine in the feel department.

• Like 3

Without giving you the full review.

Yes.

These are mighty fine in the feel department.

Yeah. What he said. ^^^

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

Great start guys!!  I've actually tested these wedges at a local pro shop and LOVED them!!  Just curious though, how do you guys feel about the bounce options with these wedges?  I'm a digger by nature so the low bounce on the 60 and 52 would scare me.  Do you think you'd be able to get out of a bunker with that 60* with such low bounce?

I'll chime in on this one too.. So without divulging too much goodness prior to Stage 2, I really think that Bridgestone did an excellent job covering the bases with these. Keep in mind that these were designed solely to give the tour level player maximum shot making capabilities and as mere mortals, we can only do our best to crack those codes. While the bounce and grind options appear to be 1 dimensional and perhaps good for some and not for others, I think that they made some really smart design choices to counter for each player's preference.. I'll just go ahead and coin it as the "Swiss Army approach" which they've done very effectively. I think that the mass plate at the back helps to move the club for different styles of play. While the bounce options appear low on all but the 56*, I wouldn't be concerned about not being able to get "down under" if that's your style. So far I've had no issues getting under or picking it clean. I'm also a digger on full shots but very much a sweeper and picker on shorter play. And 60* bunker shots.. not a problem. I think in my video the 1st bunker shot is a 60 and the 2nd is the 56. 

One of my initial concerns was in fact the opposite with the 56/14. I've always had trouble with high bounce clubs and tighter lies on anything but full shots. I've always used my 56/12 out of fluffy lies only and never from the sand as the sand here is more like dirt or gravel and is usually pretty shallow. This 56 is absolutely magical. The bounce plays true but the leading edge seems to sit pretty flush whether square or wide open. I'm not sure how they did it but it works beautifully. I'm now falling in love with a club that I've never much cared for. 

• Like 9

Nice start gents! I hope Mr Smith chimes in with his stage one soon.

• Like 2

If what I am reading about the new model that hit the market in Japan there are a few more bounce options and possibly a few grinds, but I can't read Japanese.

and that doesn't necessarily mean they'll come to the US market.

So if you're turned off by the few bounce options with the current model they might have an option in the future.

You should definitely keep these high on the radar though.

• Like 4

Making good progress on my Stage 2, I plan on playing a few rounds this week. Let me know if you have any specific questions, or anything you'd like me to try.

• Like 4

Making good progress on my Stage 2, I plan on playing a few rounds this week. Let me know if you have any specific questions, or anything you'd like me to try.

Hopefully you all will get more traffic/interest than our Cleveland thread did.  :(

• Like 5

I wish they had more. That was one thing I worried about since I'm a digger driver which means I take large divots. I hit down sharply on the ball. I've been trying to shallow out my motion but dang it's hard do to lol. I wish they had a lot more bounce and grind options but I'm really starting to like these clubs. I would even use the term love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hopefully you all will get more traffic/interest than our Cleveland thread did. :(

I think now that the cobra challenge is over it may help, that thing got a lot of attention...

• Like 6