TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 Wedges

hckymeyer

Yes, the C shape. If you look at your set irons the sole is pretty flat. Then take a look at the pictures of the soles on these from my Stage 1. The grind is what makes it able to open and close the clubface as needed without having the leading edge a mile off the ground.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Everyone likes butter....

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Butter-nut squashed next to a pin

IMG_4456.JPG

Knock down from 120 into some wind. 50 degree knocked it dead straight l. I leaned I can't put for sh$@! Lol. Hit all but two fairways. Hit all but 5 greens. Two putt everything for 5 over. I had 10-5 feet all day and couldn't make a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter: Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Driver: Ping G – Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 73 X (10.5 Degree)
3 Wood : Callaway Epic Flash – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 S (15.5 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Tour Edge CBX 119 – Project X EvenFlow Black 85 S (18 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Ping G – Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue HY 86 S (19 Degree)
4 – GW: Ping i210 - Oban CT-115 X (22.5 - 50 Degrees)
SW: Titleist SM7 S Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (54 Degree)
LW: Titleist SM7 D Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (58 Degree)
All Grips:  Winn Dri-Tec Midsize - Gray/Blue w/ 2 extra wraps low hand
Customizing:
Lime Green/Hot Pink Custom Paintfill - all clubs
White ferrules with Blue Stripes from Cell-Parts.net
Irons fitted & built by True Spec Golf
Custom Headcovers from Sunfish Golf
PING White DLX Cart Bag

Butter-nut squashed next to a pin

IMG_4456.JPG

Knock down from 120 into some wind. 50 degree knocked it dead straight l. I leaned I can't put for sh$@! Lol. Hit all but two fairways. Hit all but 5 greens. Two putt everything for 5 over. I had 10-5 feet all day and couldn't make a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm time for a new putter to go with the awesome wedges 🤔😁😎

Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Nice write-ups guys!!  These wedges sure seems like a good deal price-wise.  I have Bridgestone irons and I thought these might be a good addition, but I don't know if I could get past the "Stop Sign".

Not many pics of the club face, but it seems to me that the 1st groove is a little higher up the face than competitors.  I play on very firm turf, and I'm not a digger, so most shots are hit low on the face and come into the green on a fairly low trajectory.  So generally, how does a ball react on low approach shots with the 60º?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Nice write-ups guys!! These wedges sure seems like a good deal price-wise. I have Bridgestone irons and I thought these might be a good addition, but I don't know if I could get past the "Stop Sign".

Not many pics of the club face, but it seems to me that the 1st groove is a little higher up the face than competitors. I play on very firm turf, and I'm not a digger, so most shots are hit low on the face and come into the green on a fairly low trajectory. So generally, how does a ball react on low approach shots with the 60º?

I didn't like the “stop sign” at all either, was a departure from the very good looking J-15 wedges, I still think the J-15's are my favorite looking wedge so far. The stop sign is more like a gas pedal.

I've played on some firm stuff this year earlier in the season with the 60°, and I could flight the ball lower than I've ever been able to with any of my other wedges, I will get you a picture of the face later today. But there isn't any lack of spin or anything, the microgrooves go all the way to the floor.

I'd call my self a picker for the type of shot you are describing, just set the ball back a touch, a bit of forward press and you are hitting that low spinner like JS, BW... fun shot with these clubs.file-72033F5A-388F-4D5A-8C90-29E90AE3F84F-2534-00000095D8D75DDB.jpg

Edit: picture added.

Does the addition of the "stop sign" help you hit deadened shots off the toe? Does the less mass at the toe slow those down even more?

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Does the addition of the "stop sign" help you hit deadened shots off the toe? Does the less mass at the toe slow those down even more?

I don't use the dead toe chip shots, but the mass adds to the solidness of the club. The face within the scoring lines is quite responsive and forgiving really. I've hit a few high on the face, out at the toe (not on purpose) and you don't get the stinging hands, but thinned shots aren't so good as you'd expect just like with every other club.

I believe the “stop sign” raises the COG a bit, I have no data to prove this, but I don't get any balloons. A very nice penetrating ball flight. It is impressive really, nice and flat. I could stand there all day and hit 75 yard shots and never care if I ever hit another club.

The higher COG is what is bringing the ball flight down I believe. The shaft combo with the higher COG is something I could have only dreamed up.

I bet we see more and more wedges with the COG not in the bottom of the sole, that just sends balloons. (ie TM Hi-Toe, cally PM grind, Vokeys, BStones...)

The higher the better if you ask me, and these seem to be somewhere in the middle.

Nice write-ups guys!!  These wedges sure seems like a good deal price-wise.  I have Bridgestone irons and I thought these might be a good addition, but I don't know if I could get past the "Stop Sign".

Not many pics of the club face, but it seems to me that the 1st groove is a little higher up the face than competitors.  I play on very firm turf, and I'm not a digger, so most shots are hit low on the face and come into the green on a fairly low trajectory.  So generally, how does a ball react on low approach shots with the 60º?

yeah I play the 60* anywhere from behind my back foot to front of my stance with the face wide open. This club can really handle anything that your imagination and body are capable of throwing at it. Same with the 56*. I think the microgrooves help on the lower face. This club does appear to have 1 or 2 fewer total grooves than Vokey or Cleveland but I also think that the face profile may be a tad smaller. Grooves schmooves though because these things just perform period. As for tight lies and picking or sweeping, the slightly flatter leading edge does an excellent job of giving the turf a clean shave without digging in. If digging is your thing though, still not a problem as the weight mass helps move the club through the turf and dirt like a pick axe. I'm primarily a picker on anything 75 yds on in.. but when I need to get down under the ball to.. let's say.. clear a 75' pine tree or create some altitude to land soft on a rock hard green, I've had no issues whatsoever. 

The "stop sign" on the back really goes away after about the first round. I think we've all agreed that it much more discreet in person than it appears in photos. It plays a notable part though so I think mentally it just fits right in. 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I don't intentionally do this, but when I mishit and hit the toe, Its actually pretty forgiving. I'm spoiling my Stage 2 a bit, but the flight is basically the same, just less yardage and slightly offline, maybe 5-15 yards depending on which club. 

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

I don't intentionally do this, but when I mishit and hit the toe, Its actually pretty forgiving. I'm spoiling my Stage 2 a bit, but the flight is basically the same, just less yardage and slightly offline, maybe 5-15 yards depending on which club. 

I agree completely. My mishit is also usually off the toe and with these, at most I might just lose 10 yds distance but almost never direction unless it's just a blatant pull and that is a club path (me) issue. This is where we need the Bridgestone engineers to chime in and give yays and nays.. but I think the mass plate also helps with MOI (moment of inertia) or in other words the club face moving forward with weighted mass pushing behind it (stop sign) is less likely to have an abrupt change in its course when disrupted by off-center hits. For the most part the club path stays true and doesn't twist much it at all. 

I've used my brain way too much already today.. I need a nap. 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I agree completely. My mishit is also usually off the toe and with these, at most I might just lose 10 yds distance but almost never direction unless it's just a blatant pull and that is a club path (me) issue. This is where we need the Bridgestone engineers to chime in give yays and nays.. but I think the mass plate also helps with MOI (moment of inertia) or in other words the club face moving forward with weighted mass pushing behind it (stop sign) is less likely to have an abrupt change in its course when disrupted by off-center hits. For the most part the club path stays true and doesn't twist much it at all.

I've used my brain way too much already today.. I need a nap.

I'm glad you guys are experiencing the same. I felt insane writing that down in my stage 2...I really don't understand the engineering behind it or how it's possible..

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

RH:

#cobraconnect19

I'm like Alan a wedge junkie lol.... I want to know how well these compare for my hogans now

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Only one way to find out....

On sale for $79.99

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I'm glad you guys are experiencing the same. I felt insane writing that down in my stage 2...I really don't understand the engineering behind it or how it's possible..

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

It's a proper forged golf club. Everything should have that feel. I'll take this over hitting a 6 iron 230 yards super hot face...

No junk.

Traditional club, traditional feel, great end result.

I will say I was having an issue with my swing last round out and caught 2 in a row right off the (insert my name here)... most forgiving (insert my name here) I've run across...

So, is that why you are lusting after the Hi-Toe?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Only one way to find out....

On sale for $79.99

Yea I it's not easy lol.... and deejaid sent me other forged wedges when I bought KZG irons from him I don't know how many wedges I need lol... but I might have to give it a try.

I believe someone mentioned sand...Not too shabby for a 27 capper.  ;)

MVIMG_20180920_185028.jpgMVIMG_20180920_185151.jpg

RH:

#cobraconnect19

I believe someone mentioned sand...Not too shabby for a 27 capper. ;)

attachicon.gif MVIMG_20180920_185028.jpgattachicon.gif MVIMG_20180920_185151.jpg

nice shot!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

I will say I was having an issue with my swing last round out and caught 2 in a row right off the (insert my name here)... most forgiving (insert my name here) I've run across...

There's nothing like a "Sherman Tank" that flies high and straight but almost at 45 degrees away from your target 😂😂😎

I believe someone mentioned sand...Not too shabby for a 27 capper. ;)

attachicon.gif MVIMG_20180920_185028.jpgattachicon.gif MVIMG_20180920_185151.jpg

Sand like that is like big foot Or the boogie man here in AZ.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MyGolfSpy mobile app

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Stage 2 Posted!  Not sure why all videos don't show the preview window.

Cheers.

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter: Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Driver: Ping G – Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 73 X (10.5 Degree)
3 Wood : Callaway Epic Flash – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 S (15.5 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Tour Edge CBX 119 – Project X EvenFlow Black 85 S (18 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Ping G – Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue HY 86 S (19 Degree)
4 – GW: Ping i210 - Oban CT-115 X (22.5 - 50 Degrees)
SW: Titleist SM7 S Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (54 Degree)
LW: Titleist SM7 D Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (58 Degree)
All Grips:  Winn Dri-Tec Midsize - Gray/Blue w/ 2 extra wraps low hand
Customizing:
Lime Green/Hot Pink Custom Paintfill - all clubs
White ferrules with Blue Stripes from Cell-Parts.net
Irons fitted & built by True Spec Golf
Custom Headcovers from Sunfish Golf
PING White DLX Cart Bag

Stage 2 Posted! Not sure why all videos don't show the preview window.

Cheers.

Nice stage 2. I know the feeling of gaming 6 wedges to compare then taking the old ones out to game and test the new ones. It isn't easy to do but it is fun to do.

Stage 2 Posted! Not sure why all videos don't show the preview window.

Cheers.

Great stage two 😁😎