TESTERS WANTED! ×

Khalil Mack to the Bears!

chisag

Mack didn't play the full second a half and I mostly saw him on the sidelines. Bigger problem in my opinion was that once Rodgers stated the quick pass to minimize the effectiveness of the pass rush, the bears coaching staff didn't change strategies to stop that approach.

... The defense was on the field far too long and too much in the 2nd half and that will always wear down a defense, and especially the opening game. Fangio did adjust and started both blitzing and using nickel backs on almost every down in the second half. But Rodgers is the highest paid player in the NFL for a reason and he showed why last night. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm shocked he came back to play. One wrong move there goes the season didn't seem worth it to me but what a comeback indeed

Obviously, you should never question AR. He wears that constant mischievous smirk for a reason.

But I'm with you... I was surprised to see him play and tore out my hair whenever the pocket looked a little threatened. 

Pack did an amazing job adjusting on both sides of the ball. Oline looked so much sharper and didn't get beat as much. LB's also looked really good in coverage. Our CB's are all rooks and 2nd year guys so I am hoping they will get up to speed quickly. 

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

• 2 weeks later...

Mack is a game changer, a one of a kind talent! He already has made a good defense that much better! The price to get him was high but in the end I think it will be worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Put a few more pieces around him and win a Superbowl. If that happens, it was worth it. If not, he was just a very expensive acquisition.

No sour grapes here.... I would have loved to keep him. I'm just sayin'.

... Silver and Black you might be under estimating Bears fans. They are very passionate about their team and even more so about defense. And taking it one step further they are crazy about their linebackers. Granted there are a plethora of ignorant fans that only know big plays and winning, but this is a Bears city first and foremost and they have already welcomed Mack into the fold. I still can't believe Gruden let him go without at least putting up a fight. I do think he is the piece that can win a SB on defense so now it is up to the offense and Trubiskey. I feel bad for him since he is still in the infant of learning a new offense and too many are comparing him to Mahomes, but they have certainly surrounded him with talent, especially at receiver, something we have not seen in Chicago for many, many years now. 

I agree. After watching the first 2 Bears games, he is a STAR player. He is absolutely worth the 2 picks if he keeps up this produtcion. Put a few pieces together on Offense and they have an SB chance. (Even this year)

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

The Bears need a guy like Forte now. He would have been good enough in this offense to make the Bears decent on offense, and take a lot of pressure off the young quarterback.

... Forte was the whole package. But it would be easy to make the argument that the combination of Howard and Cohen is Forte in 2 players with Howard more powerful and Cohen more elusive. When both are on the field at the same time it really causes problems for defenses. I will keep stating the obvious, but all of these guys are implementing a new offense that they do not fully grasp yet. This offense should continue to improve as they play more games and get more familiar with Nagy and what he wants to do as he has not implemented his full offense yet, allowing the players to get comfortable with what they already have before adding more complex formations and plays. The fact that they only have one illegal formation and one motion call has been pretty impressive. I was expecting more of both. 

Trading Mack was the only option. They couldn't pay Carr $25 million a year and Mack $23.5 million a year... and give him $90 million guaranteed with almost no cap space. Like I said... I hope he gives you a Superbowl, and I wish him the best. He's a once in a lifetime talent.

... Thanks S&B. Yup, tough situation and the Bears went thru that with Julius Peppers in his prime. They had him restructure his contract to back load it so they could sign other players and then in his last year they released him instead of paying him. A really sh!tty thing to do imo. I just think for the sake of Raiders fans as well as the players, Gruden should have jumped thru hoops before declaring signing Mack was just not economically feasible after meeting with him and his agent several times to try and make it work. Then it at least looks like he really tried to keep him and regretted letting him go. As an outside observer it looked like Grudens ego was too big to admit letting Mack go would be detrimental to his defense, even if he could not eventually sign him. If I were fan, like you I would understand not being able to resign him, but I would be furious Gruden treated him with so little respect. 

... Forte was the whole package. But it would be easy to make the argument that the combination of Howard and Cohen is Forte in 2 players with Howard more powerful and Cohen more elusive. When both are on the field at the same time it really causes problems for defenses. I will keep stating the obvious, but all of these guys are implementing a new offense that they do not fully grasp yet. This offense should continue to improve as they play more games and get more familiar with Nagy and what he wants to do as he has not implemented his full offense yet, allowing the players to get comfortable with what they already have before adding more complex formations and plays. The fact that they only have one illegal formation and one motion call has been pretty impressive. I was expecting more of both.

Yep, the new offense scheme. New defensive players, it all takes time.

Detroit is in the same boat particularly on defense, it's an entirely new system, and we are missing key players within the system. We don't have guys that are needed for this system to run properly, we are going to need more time to bring in the right personnel. We have to be Patient and give it time as difficult as it will be.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

... I hear ya. When the Bears switched form a 4-3 to a base 3-4 defense, they didn't have the right personal either and it took a couple years for it to come together. Thankfully Fox is gone and Fangio is free to run his defense the way he thinks will maximize the talent. Or more precisely, he is now free to blitz more, something the conservative Fox fought him on his entire time in Chicago. 

are you bears fans glad that Cutler is gone?

he was an expensive failure.

And my BRoncos also suffered in that trade deal for Orton.

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

are you bears fans glad that Cutler is gone?

he was an expensive failure.

And my BRoncos also suffered in that trade deal for Orton.

... Again, I played QB from 2nd grade thru college so my view of Cutler will be different than a typical Bears fan, especially those that listen to Talk Sports radio. The short answer? Yes, and no. Cutler was by far the best QB we have ever seen in Chicago. If he had this defense, he would have won a SB or two. But as a Denver fan you know he could be very stubborn, especially in his first few years in Chicago and that cost the Bears several games. But learning 5 new offensive schemes in 5 years and never having a 2nd year to implement all the growing pains from year 1 is just insane. It is a credit to how smart Cutler was that he was able to function at a high level learning a new offense every year. Fwiw Rodgers and Brady have run the same system from the time they started til now. 

... The Bears had sooooooo many years where on 3rd and 10 we knew they had about a 1% chance of getting a first down. Cutler changed that and could not only get the 1st, but could score from any down and yardage. Fans were screaming for Jimmy Clausen and when he started it was abysmal and some fans finally understood what Cutler was working with. I played golf with Desmond Clark and picked his brain about playing with Cutler and he had some interesting comments. Said Cutler was one if not the best athlete on the team. Toughest player he ever shared the field with and if he was in a bar fight, he would chose Cutler to have his back. That one shocked me. Said he was positive and supportive of not only his offense, but the entire team but TV slanted views concerning Cutler, especially facial expressions. The one big comment that probably sums up Cutler is, Clark said he was just not an inspirational leader. While he gave high fives and complemented team mates on a good play, he never lifted anyone up. He did not inspire anyone and stayed silent most of the time. No motivational speeches in the huddle or on the sideline. If someone screwed up Cutler was never there to give him some confidence. Imo that was his biggest downfall as inspiring team mates is one the biggest QB requirements in high school let alone the NFL. 

... If anyone is interested, these are some really good reads about Cutler:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-main-bears-spt-0805-20150804-story.html

http://sportsmockery.com/2016/03/incredible-stat-reveals-amazing-jay-cutler-2015/

http://nfcnbarroom.com/jay-cutler-an-american-story/

http://chicago.suntimes.com/bears-football/7/71/1088210/jay-cutlers-12-game-winning-fourth-quarter-touchdown-drives-nfl-since-2009

I think Mack eats people. Hannibal type guy but like a snake just swallows them whole

... I watched Mack play a bunch of games at Buffalo as my son was a hybrid DE/LB at that time in college and Mack really dominated The Mac Conference. We would break down film together so I was very familiar with him. But I thought he would not be as dominant in the NFL as his competition was Bowling Green, Akron, Toledo and Kent State not Alabama, USC or Texas Tech. I was wrong and it was pretty apparent his rookie year. It still seems like a dream that he is playing in Chicago. 

... Again, I played QB from 2nd grade thru college so my view of Cutler will be different than a typical Bears fan, especially those that listen to Talk Sports radio. The short answer? Yes, and no. Cutler was by far the best QB we have ever seen in Chicago. If he had this defense, he would have win a SB or two. But as a Denver fan you know he could be very stubborn, especially in his first few years in Chicago and that cost the Bears several games. But learning 5 new offensive schemes in 5 years and never having a 2nd year to implement all the growing pains from year 1 is just insane. It is a credit to how smart Cutler was that he was able to function at a high level learning a new offense every year. Fwiw Rodgers and Brady had run the same system from the time they started til now.

... The Bears had sooooooo many years where on 3rd and 10 we knew they had about a 1% chance of getting a first down. Cutler changed that and could not only get the 1st but could score from any down and yardage. Fans were screaming for Jimmy Clausen and when he started it was abysmal and some fans finally understood what Cutler was working with. I played golf with Desmond Clark and pciked his brain about playing with Cutler and he had some interesting comments. Said Cutler was one if not the athlete on the team. Toughest player he ever shared the field with and if he was in a bar fight, he would chose Cutler to have his back. That one shocked me. Said he was positive and supportive of not only his offense, but the entire team and TV slanted views concerning Cutler, especially facial expressions. The one big comment that probably sums up Cutler is Clark said he was just not an inspirational leader. While he gave high fives and complemented team mates in a good play, he never lifted anyone up. He did not inspire anyone and stayed silent most of the time. No motivational speeches in the huddle or on the sideline. If someone screed up Cutler as never there to give him some confidence. Imo that was his biggest downfall as inspiring team mates is one the biggest QB requirements in high school let alone the NFL.

... If anyone is interested, these are some really good reads about Cutler:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-main-bears-spt-0805-20150804-story.html

http://sportsmockery.com/2016/03/incredible-stat-reveals-amazing-jay-cutler-2015/

http://nfcnbarroom.com/jay-cutler-an-american-story/

http://chicago.suntimes.com/bears-football/7/71/1088210/jay-cutlers-12-game-winning-fourth-quarter-touchdown-drives-nfl-since-2009

Chisag

very well written.

I enjoy reading your posts quite a bit.

I find you are an extremely well rounded individual.

thank you for the reply.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Chisag you don't really believe with a good defense cutler would have won a Super Bowl do you?

The 1985 Chicago Bears team that won Super Bowl XX is still considered one of the best ever and was supposed to be the start of a dynasty. While the Bears failed to win more titles during that era, Hall of Fame defensive lineman Dan Hampton says they could have used one key ingredient to repeat: quarterback Jay Cutler.

"If my team had Jay Cutler at QB we would have won 4 Super Bowls," Hampton said, according to a tweet by the Pro Football Hall of Fame, where the former player was attending an event Saturday.

... I have never seen a player more unfairly maligned than Cutler. My son and I went to a Halloween game at Solder Field against the Vikings in 2015. Cutler played great, he was on the field slapping 5 with all teams coming off the field including kick off and receiving, FG team, punts and especially the defense. We were a little shocked as we never saw any of that on TV. When we came home and watched the game on DVR, they only showed him on the bench alone and made quite a few comments about how aloof he was, didn't seem to care about the rest of the team which you could ell by his facial expressions and was basically "being Cutler". That was an eye opener for both of us. My sion played for a very charismatic QB in college and he was not so much a Cutler fan, until that game seeing him live. While he didn't actually become a fan, he admitted Cutler was better than he thought and liked him going forward and thought was unfairly characterized in the media. 

... But performance wise Cutler is the best QB Chicago has ever seen. He lead the NFL in 4th qt comebacks and if he had a decent defense, that number would have more than doubled as he led the Bears to a lead  late in the 4th, only to have the defense give up a score to lose. There is no question he had his faults. He could be stubborn throwing multiple picks in a given game and he forced too many throws, but it was interesting to hear Jeremy Bates the QB coach say Cutler had to take chances because the defense was so bad and they felt like Cutler had to take chances. He just took too many. 

... Obviously I am a big fan because I watched over 40 QB's star for the Bears since '78 that sucked, and I mean sucked. Cutler was such a breath of fresh air and holds virtually every Bears passing record. What is interesting here in Chicago is the media has already turned against Trubisky. Seems he is no Mahomes, he should have mastered this offense after playing 13 college games and learning a new offense for the second year in a row and of course the Bears made a mistake drafting him #2. They have not completely thrown him under the bus but he has to improve immediately and take the Bears to the playoffs or he is a bust. Idiots...  but many fans believe what they hear on Sports Talk radio and read in the media. I am very happy with Trubisky and expect him to break all of Cutlers records but don't expect excellence until next season and his second year in this offense. As long as he continues to improve this season game by game, even if they are baby steps, the future looks very good. 

20 hours ago, Kor.A.Door said:

I think what he is saying is, if the bears had Cutler in the 80's they would have won more than just 1 championship. The same could probably be said about the for Dilfers team as well.

... But they didn't win more than 1 championship and that was Hampton's point. They needed more than a game manager and he thinks they could have won multiple championships with Cutler. 

On 9/1/2018 at 12:35 PM, blackngold_blood said:

I am not sure the pick will be 15+ this year. Mitchell Trubisky is still an unknown at QB. Plus I don't see a guaranteed 14 teams worse than the Bears. 1 first rounder I could see but I think two is pushing it.

Edit: I think the Raiders got the better deal on this one.

... Changed your mind yet?  😉

... Changed your mind yet?  

Not yet but if Trubisky keeps playing well you will be enjoying some new golf balls!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

... While the offense was always going to start rolling it was just a question of whether it would be sooner or later. But Mack really jump started an already very good defense with it's only glaring weakness was an outside pass rush. Of all the trades I have seen the Bears make since moving here in '78, I think the Mack trade is the best one I have seen. He fits perfectly with what Fangio wants in a defensive player and scheme and allows him to be as creative as he wants and unpredictable as he likes. LB's are a key to his defense and he now has the best LB in the NFL.

... I like your style though, as it is still early in the season and a lot can happen. But as a Bears fan, it is really nice to have the arrow pointing up for a change. 

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

... While the offense was always going to start rolling it was just a question of whether it would be sooner or later. But Mack really jump started an already very good defense with it's only glaring weakness was an outside pass rush. Of all the trades I have seen the Bears make since moving here in '78, I think the Mack trade is the best one I have seen. He fits perfectly with what Fangio wants in a defensive player and scheme and allows him to be as creative as he wants and unpredictable as he likes. LB's are a key to his defense and he now has the best LB in the NFL.

... I like your style though, as it is still early in the season and a lot can happen. But as a Bears fan, it is really nice to have the arrow pointing up for a change. 

I know where you are coming from.  My father is a die hard Bears fan, so I grew up watching them.  

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

• 1 month later...

... Nice to have Mack back after sitting 2 games and letting his ankle heal. Didn't know what to expect but 2 sacks is a good start! 💥

Archived