So fellow Spies, what are your routines to get yourself ready to play?

For me if given enough time, I'll grab either a small (usually) or medium bucket and hit the driving range to start. After some light stretching, I have gotten into the habit of beginning at the bottom of my bag (58*) and then working my way up to driver while skipping every other club. Then I work my way back down by hitting all of the clubs I skipped.

Next Ill grab 3 or 4 of my game balls and go to the chipping green and chip 3-4 rounds and then start putting practice after my last chip exercise. Then off we go.

I'd love to hear how you get warmed up and if you have any tips for things to try out next time. Do you deviate from your routines? Work on new skills? Or just go out cold? Tell us and thanks for posting.  

• Like 3

I like to try and get to the course about a hour to a hour and a half before. Do some stretching get my shoes on etc. Then I'll hit the range and hit thru the bag. No particular order or anything but I try to hit clubs that I think I'll use a lot during the round. Especially for tee shots. Near the end I'll hit 3-5 balls with the club I plan to use for my first tee shot.

Next is the putting or short game area. I'll spend the rest of my time there until I tee off. Mostly watching how the ball rolls to try and get a feel for the green speed.

• Like 3

So fellow Spies, what are your routines to get yourself ready to play?

I have two.

1) Arrive early, stretching, short game and long game at the range, finished with more short game and 20 minutes of putting. Usually I start bogie bogie, double, OB, thin then a par round about the 5th.

2) Rush to course, get glove and ball ready as playing partners have teed off. Start with par, par, birdie, par, bogie and usually finish round about my handicap.

GO FIGURE!  :unsure:

• Like 5

I like to get to the course half an hour before my time. I will stretch for about 10-15 minutes and take 30 or so practice swings with my driver as hard as I can to get warmed up.

Then I head to the putting green and get the speed down and chip for a few minutes to get a feel for the grass.

After which I head to the tee, hit one practice shot off the tee to get warmed up and then I start my round.

• Like 2

Get to the course, pay for my round, grab a cart and put my crap in it, head to the first tee. I like to KISS. :lol:

• Like 7

Get to the course, pay for my round, grab a cart and put my crap in it, head to the first tee. I like to KISS. :lol:

I try to get you to hit a few when we play lol

• Like 1

I have two.

1) Arrive early, stretching, short game and long game at the range, finished with more short game and 20 minutes of putting. Usually I start bogie bogie, double, OB, thin then a par round about the 5th.

2) Rush to course, get glove and ball ready as playing partners have teed off. Start with par, par, birdie, par, bogie and usually finish round about my handicap.

GO FIGURE!  :unsure:

LMAO! Too true!!!

• Like 1

Get to the course, pay for my round, grab a cart and put my crap in it, head to the first tee. I like to KISS.

This is me 100%. My first drive usually comes without a practice swing.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Start with some short chips (wedge of choice varies), then 5-7 balls with a short iron, another 5-7 with medium iron then another 5-7 with either long iron or hybrid. 3 balls with fw as I don't hit it much on the course but it gives me a few swings before the driver. 7-10 balls with driver to get a feel for what swing is showing up that day and be ready for the course. Will get some putts in to work on speed if greens that day

• Like 1

Stretches before I leave the house, 30 chip shots and 30 putts. Take about 5 very hard swings with 3 clubs from each tier (woods, irons, wedges) then I'm ready. I don't like to hit range balls because I find I tire quicker. If I played more I would hit a bucket.

Sent from my VS988 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Planned round with a group for skins and such:

- Arrive 45 mins early

- eat breakfast continental breakfast

- range work starting with wedges working up to driver. Just two or three balls per club.

- chipping green for 5 minutes

- putting green for 5 minutes.

Practice Round Twilight:

Bag on back no warm up just a couple practice swings then bang. Usually the first drive is the best of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Flight about 15 wedges, then a few with 8, 6, 4 then about 5 drivers usually. Then hit the chipping green for 15 min then putt for 10.

• Like 1

Arrive about an hour early. Start at range with a few pitches then full shots with the same wedge. A 3 or 4 each 7i, 4h, 3w and driver. Finish bucket with wedges. Move to practice green for 10-15 minutes each of chipping and putting.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Stretch, stretch, stretch.

Orange whip.

Shag 16?or so balls back to the driving range tee line with a 58 degree wedge - this is about 6:30 so the clubhouse is closed and no one else is around...

Hit my Tour Stryker PW and then 7I to make sure I'm hitting down. Then five drivers.

Lag putt my way around the practice green while waiting for the mowers to head down the first fairway.

Takes about thirty minutes

• Like 2

Almost the same everytime and everywhere. Arrive 1 hour early. Check-in and grab a cart. Over on the practice tee I start with short pitches with a 56* working up to full shots. Then on to a 7i for perhaps 8-10 shots finishing with driver for 5-6 shots. I move over to the putting chipping area and chip for a few minutes then putt for a few minutes.

I start my morning early at home and move into my game at my pace and on my time schedule.

• Like 1

Depends on the course. If there's a range I want to hit a small bucket to see what swing has shown up before I chip and putt. If there's no range, then just short game work.

Always stretching. Always. At least 10 mins of it with my back being what it is.

If it's a twilight round after work I'm stretching for 10-15 mins then heading right out.

• Like 1

So after reading the responses here so far, it seems I've fallen into a similar pattern to many of you by working my way up the bag for warm-ups. The coolest thing I'm going to try is a more "round-related" finish to the warm-up by ending up hitting my "club-of-choice" for the first tee ala @MR_THEO... I've heard of the pros using this technique and it just seems very logical. Actually tried it today by pulling the 5w back out and hitting 3 final shots with it to deplete the bucket. It "sort-of" payed off with a missed FW right just into the fringe that left me with a 120-yd shot to the green. We shall not speak of the next 6 shots... :huh:

• Like 1

Gin and juice... J/k!

I usually get to the course 45 min or so before tee time.

I will do some joint mobility exercises, then a few minutes of dynamic stretching. I usually only got 25 balls or so. 5 wedges, 5 five irons or hybrids, 5 seven irons, and 5 drivers. I will sometimes hit some putts, but I find often the practice and course greens are 2 separate animals.

I seldom go into a pre round range session working on anything, mostly trying to see what I am working with that day.

• Like 1