TESTERS WANTED! ×

What is your pre-game warm-up routine?

So fellow Spies, what are your routines to get yourself ready to play?

For me if given enough time, I'll grab either a small (usually) or medium bucket and hit the driving range to start. After some light stretching, I have gotten into the habit of beginning at the bottom of my bag (58*) and then working my way up to driver while skipping every other club. Then I work my way back down by hitting all of the clubs I skipped.

Next Ill grab 3 or 4 of my game balls and go to the chipping green and chip 3-4 rounds and then start putting practice after my last chip exercise. Then off we go.

I'd love to hear how you get warmed up and if you have any tips for things to try out next time. Do you deviate from your routines? Work on new skills? Or just go out cold? Tell us and thanks for posting.  

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I like to try and get to the course about a hour to a hour and a half before. Do some stretching get my shoes on etc. Then I'll hit the range and hit thru the bag. No particular order or anything but I try to hit clubs that I think I'll use a lot during the round. Especially for tee shots. Near the end I'll hit 3-5 balls with the club I plan to use for my first tee shot.

Next is the putting or short game area. I'll spend the rest of my time there until I tee off. Mostly watching how the ball rolls to try and get a feel for the green speed.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

So fellow Spies, what are your routines to get yourself ready to play?

I have two.

1) Arrive early, stretching, short game and long game at the range, finished with more short game and 20 minutes of putting. Usually I start bogie bogie, double, OB, thin then a par round about the 5th.

2) Rush to course, get glove and ball ready as playing partners have teed off. Start with par, par, birdie, par, bogie and usually finish round about my handicap.

GO FIGURE!  :unsure:

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I like to get to the course half an hour before my time. I will stretch for about 10-15 minutes and take 30 or so practice swings with my driver as hard as I can to get warmed up.

Then I head to the putting green and get the speed down and chip for a few minutes to get a feel for the grass.

After which I head to the tee, hit one practice shot off the tee to get warmed up and then I start my round.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Get to the course, pay for my round, grab a cart and put my crap in it, head to the first tee. I like to KISS. :lol:

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Get to the course, pay for my round, grab a cart and put my crap in it, head to the first tee. I like to KISS. :lol:

I try to get you to hit a few when we play lol

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I have two.

1) Arrive early, stretching, short game and long game at the range, finished with more short game and 20 minutes of putting. Usually I start bogie bogie, double, OB, thin then a par round about the 5th.

2) Rush to course, get glove and ball ready as playing partners have teed off. Start with par, par, birdie, par, bogie and usually finish round about my handicap.

GO FIGURE!  :unsure:

LMAO! Too true!!!

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

Get to the course, pay for my round, grab a cart and put my crap in it, head to the first tee. I like to KISS.

This is me 100%. My first drive usually comes without a practice swing.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Start with some short chips (wedge of choice varies), then 5-7 balls with a short iron, another 5-7 with medium iron then another 5-7 with either long iron or hybrid. 3 balls with fw as I don't hit it much on the course but it gives me a few swings before the driver. 7-10 balls with driver to get a feel for what swing is showing up that day and be ready for the course. Will get some putts in to work on speed if greens that day

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Stretches before I leave the house, 30 chip shots and 30 putts. Take about 5 very hard swings with 3 clubs from each tier (woods, irons, wedges) then I'm ready. I don't like to hit range balls because I find I tire quicker. If I played more I would hit a bucket.

Sent from my VS988 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Ping G410 LST 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F3 60X

Callaway X2 Hot 2 Deep 12.5* 

Adams XTD LSP 23* hybrid Aldila rogue black 85X

Nike VR Pro II Blades 5-PW w/ Modus 120X

Nike Wedges

PXG Putter

Planned round with a group for skins and such:

- Arrive 45 mins early

- eat breakfast continental breakfast

- range work starting with wedges working up to driver. Just two or three balls per club.

- chipping green for 5 minutes

- putting green for 5 minutes.

Practice Round Twilight:

Bag on back no warm up just a couple practice swings then bang. Usually the first drive is the best of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Flight about 15 wedges, then a few with 8, 6, 4 then about 5 drivers usually. Then hit the chipping green for 15 min then putt for 10.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max / Fujikura Motore Speeder X-Stiff

Irons:  :ping-small: iBlade 3-PW / DG X100 Soft Stepped once

Wedges:  :vokey-small:  Vokey sm6 52, 56, 60 / DG S400

Putter:  :scotty-small: 2018 Newport 2

Ball:  :titelist-small: AVX

Arrive about an hour early. Start at range with a few pitches then full shots with the same wedge. A 3 or 4 each 7i, 4h, 3w and driver. Finish bucket with wedges. Move to practice green for 10-15 minutes each of chipping and putting.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: PXG 0811XF 10.5 Regular flex

3W Cleveland HiBore XLS

3-5H: Callaway Steelhead XR

6I-AW Srixon ZX4 MKII

SW and LW Kirkland Signature (V2)

Putter: TaylorMade Rosa Monte Carlo

Ball: OnCore Elixer

Stretch, stretch, stretch.

Orange whip.

Shag 16?or so balls back to the driving range tee line with a 58 degree wedge - this is about 6:30 so the clubhouse is closed and no one else is around...

Hit my Tour Stryker PW and then 7I to make sure I'm hitting down. Then five drivers.

Lag putt my way around the practice green while waiting for the mowers to head down the first fairway.

Takes about thirty minutes

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

Coffee in the morning.

Stout in the afternoon.

LOL!!! :lol:

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Almost the same everytime and everywhere. Arrive 1 hour early. Check-in and grab a cart. Over on the practice tee I start with short pitches with a 56* working up to full shots. Then on to a 7i for perhaps 8-10 shots finishing with driver for 5-6 shots. I move over to the putting chipping area and chip for a few minutes then putt for a few minutes.

I start my morning early at home and move into my game at my pace and on my time schedule.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Depends on the course. If there's a range I want to hit a small bucket to see what swing has shown up before I chip and putt. If there's no range, then just short game work.

Always stretching. Always. At least 10 mins of it with my back being what it is.

If it's a twilight round after work I'm stretching for 10-15 mins then heading right out.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

So after reading the responses here so far, it seems I've fallen into a similar pattern to many of you by working my way up the bag for warm-ups. The coolest thing I'm going to try is a more "round-related" finish to the warm-up by ending up hitting my "club-of-choice" for the first tee ala @MR_THEO... I've heard of the pros using this technique and it just seems very logical. Actually tried it today by pulling the 5w back out and hitting 3 final shots with it to deplete the bucket. It "sort-of" payed off with a missed FW right just into the fringe that left me with a 120-yd shot to the green. We shall not speak of the next 6 shots... :huh:

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Gin and juice... J/k!

I usually get to the course 45 min or so before tee time.

I will do some joint mobility exercises, then a few minutes of dynamic stretching. I usually only got 25 balls or so. 5 wedges, 5 five irons or hybrids, 5 seven irons, and 5 drivers. I will sometimes hit some putts, but I find often the practice and course greens are 2 separate animals.

I seldom go into a pre round range session working on anything, mostly trying to see what I am working with that day.

Ping G400 12' Sft stock Alta shaft

Callaway xr 3 and 4 hybrids

Callaway xr 4 wood

Adams CB3 irons. kbs tour 90 r flex

Taylor Made ef wedge atv grind 54'

Titleist 50' vokey sm6

Titleist 58' vokey sm6 K grind

So after reading the responses here so far, it seems I've fallen into a similar pattern to many of you by working my way up the bag for warm-ups. The coolest thing I'm going to try is a more "round-related" finish to the warm-up by ending up hitting my "club-of-choice" for the first tee ala @MR_THEO... I've heard of the pros using this technique and it just seems very logical. Actually tried it today by pulling the 5w back out and hitting 3 final shots with it to deplete the bucket. It "sort-of" payed off with a missed FW right just into the fringe that left me with a 120-yd shot to the green. We shall not speak of the next 6 shots... :huh:

I have done this before, but can't really say I saw any difference. Doesn't mean it won't work for others though!

Ping G400 12' Sft stock Alta shaft

Callaway xr 3 and 4 hybrids

Callaway xr 4 wood

Adams CB3 irons. kbs tour 90 r flex

Taylor Made ef wedge atv grind 54'

Titleist 50' vokey sm6

Titleist 58' vokey sm6 K grind

Arriving 45 minutes early. Drop the bag, park far away and walk to the pro shop, pay, apply sunscreen if I didn't at home, go to the range and stretch, hit 5 wedges, 5 9 irons, 2 or 3 hybrids, 2 or 3 drivers, hit a wedge, hit driver hybrid, driver 9 iron, go to the practice green, hit a couple of chips, 3 long putts in different directions, hole a couple of short putts and go tee off.

I rarely vary it unless something odd happens. I do start about every fourth range session with stretches and driver just to be prepared should I arrive late at the course.

I've found that a proper warm up or no warm up has absolutely no bearing on my score. It does however impact how I feel the next day. I'm getting old enough that I will have aches and pains if I don't warm up properly.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

If I had done that Rev, I'd have followed it up by going home.  I'd have nothing left to play the game.

Remember those stories about Walter Hagen showing up at the first tee in evening clothes, slipping off the patent leathers and putting on the spikes right there?

Every linkster needs a role model.

If I'm not starting my round before the range opens:

-Start on the putting green, try to get some touch going

-Move to the range. A few half swings and slowly work into full range of motion. Not swinging hard at all, just moving through the motion.

-10-15 minutes of stretching

-a small bucket, starting with wedges. Moving through my bag to the 3 wood and then back down.

-5-10 drives

-3 shots with the club I'm using on the 1st tee

Early morning or racing the little ones nap:

-10-15 minutes of stretching

-Straight into the round.

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day

i play enough during the season all I do is stretch a bit and a few practice swings. if range or net is avaiailable I might hit 10 balls. colder weather im more likely to find a rage and hit a small bucket and stretch more.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Depends

Sometimes it's just 2-3 warm up air swings and go

Sometimes I'll putt for 5 min, chip for 5 min and go

But winter gets the yellow whip for a minute and a little stretching, then go.

I rarely hit balls before a round

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Archived