Sweet lookin club curious to see how it plays

Callaway razr x tour 5-pw

titleist 585h 24 &21 hybrid

Heavy wedge 52 gap wedge

Nike sv sand and lob wedge

Callaway Diablo Octane tour Driver

Adams F 11 3 wood

Seemore ci2 or Bettinardi studio stock 2

I've had a chance to DEMO this driver and I can say this will be the BEST driver to date for Taylor Made. The sole plate adjusts into the sole of the club with each setting. When the plate is moved in the "O" (open) position, the plate sinks into the head and the face angle opens up. When the plate is put in the "C" (closed) position, the plate raises up and the face angle closes. This driver also has a VERY different sound than any of their previous heads. More deeper sound with a faint metallic click.

I've had a chance to DEMO this driver and I can say this will be the BEST driver to date for Taylor Made. The sole plate adjusts into the sole of the club with each setting. When the plate is moved in the "O" (open) position, the plate sinks into the head and the face angle opens up. When the plate is put in the "C" (closed) position, the plate raises up and the face angle closes. This driver also has a VERY different sound than any of their previous heads. More deeper sound with a faint metallic click.

Good information! Wouldn't the shaft change the face angle as in the R9 models?

Now I'm really confused...if the plate in the sole changes the face angle what does the FCT do? Is the FCT going to be more for loft and lie adjustment in the R11 model?

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I like the white. It grabs my attention (hopefully it will help me keep it when addressing too).

I can't wait to see it in person and to try it out.

Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key... - Carl Spackler

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my R11's for a few weeks now tinkering with the options & shafts. I've been hitting my 8.5° R9 SuperTri TP against my 9° R11 TP as I figured this would be the closest in specs to compare as I don't have any R9 SuperTri or SuperDeep over 8.5° in loft to compare to my 10.5° R11. I haven't been able to get on a launch monitor yet to compare numbers but I haven't found too big of a difference. As far as feel I found they are both the same, the R9 SuperTri feels a tad softer but for the most part IMO they feel the same. I've found that the R11 is not as easy to work the ball than the R9 SuperTri but it's straighter off the tee. The R11 is a bit longer than the R9 SuperTri (not sure if it's due to a different shaft), I'm getting a great high, flat penetrating ball flight with the R11 which is a tad bit higher flight than how my R9 SuperTri is but again it could be due to the fact my R11 has a Aldila RIP 70 TP shaft & the R9 SuperTri has got a Fujikura Motore F1 85-X, when I fly home for the holidays I'm going to see my instructor & jump on his launch monitor to compare numbers. I'm going to try & test the two using the same shaft in the same specs or as close as I can get them to test the same so I can see the real difference between the two drivers. All in all the white head is taking some getting used to at address but other than that it's the sexiest driver I've seen, the looks at address ,the feel, & distance are all great but we all know that TaylorMade has always been making great drivers. It should be interesting this year as Cobra, Ping, Callaway, & Titleist all have some sweet drivers out now & I wonder who will compete with TM. I really like the FT Tour & Cobra ZL drivers but I'll always be a TaylorMade driver guy, just love the look & feel of them!

HOM BOMB

Touring Golf Professional

WITB-TaylorMade Tour Staff

DRIVER: TaylorMade R11 TP 9° w/Aldila RIP 70 TP x-flex - TaylorMade R11 TP 10.5° w/Graphite Design Tour AD DI-8 TP x-flex

3-WOOD: TaylorMade 200 Series Tour 15° w/Fujikura Motore F1 TP-95 x-flex

HYBRID: Adams IDEA PRO Tour Prototype 19° w/Fujikura Speeder 904HB x-flex

IRONS: TaylorMade Tour Preferred Forged CB 3iron, CM 4-6iron, MB 7-PW w/True Temper Tour Concept x1

WEDGES: TaylorMade TP black 54° & 58° w/True Temper DG s400

PUTTER: Taylormade Rossa Maranello by Kia Ma

Archived