TESTERS WANTED! ×

Wilson Staff FG Tour V6 Irons

cwojtowicz

When I found out that I won the contest that MGS and Wilson threw for the PGA Championship, I was pumped! I quickly realized that I hadn't hit a Wilson club in years, so, I was very curious to go try out their offerings at the PGA Superstore. I was a little skeptical, mostly because I hadn't heard much about their irons. After scoping out a few of their offerings, I narrowed it down to the Forged C300s and the FG Tour V6s. Both were great offerings, and I was seriously considering the Forged C300s but I ultimately went with the F6 Tour V6s because they were closer to the clubs I was currently playing (Callaway Apex Pros w/ Project X PXi shafts).

I was instantly impressed with how the FGs felt. They provided instant feedback on the shots you hit and performed great. They have a smaller profile then some of the other clubs you might come across, but, that is to be expected of an iron in this class. I tried out a few of the stock shaft offerings and found the KBS Tours and the Dynamic Golf AMTs to be the best fit. I ended up going with the Dynamic Golds because they had a slightly higher ball speed, were more consistent, and had a better feel than the KBS Tours. 

I've played a few rounds with the FGs now and I'm really impressed. They are consistent and allow you to flight the ball up, down, left, and right. The AMT shafts are kind of interesting because they are weighted heavier at the bottom of the set (i.e. the Pitching Wedge has a beefier shaft than the 5-iron). I'm still getting used to the progressively weighted shafts and haven't quite nailed down my distances yet, but I'm getting there. Some of the differences I've noticed between these and my Callaway Apex Pros are that the FGs tend to be a few yards shorter but have a higher ball flight with significantly more spin. That difference could easily be attributed to the different shafts, as the PXis are lighter and designed to flight the ball a little bit lower. I would probably have to throw the same shafts into both sets to get a better idea on any differences between the heads. 

So far, I'm a big fan of the FGs and I would highly recommend that you give them a try the next time you are in the market for irons. If you aren't a fan of the FGs and are looking for a little bit more distance, give the Forged C300s a shot, they seemed like a fantastic option too. 

Now for a few pics... Unfortunately, it's been cloudy every time I've taken these clubs out to play. I'll try to snap some better pictures next time the sun is out so that you can really see these shine!

20180831_180711.jpg

20180831_180721.jpg

Thanks again to Wilson and MGS for providing this contest and sending me a new set of clubs! I'll add more comments after I get a few more rounds in and get a better feel for the pros and cons.

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 9° w/ GD Tour AD DI-6X

3wd: TaylorMade SIM 15° w/ GD Tour AD DI-7S

2h: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 17° w/ Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

4h: Callaway XR Pro 23 w/ Project X LZ 6.0

5i - PW: Callaway Apex Pro

Wedges: Callaway MD3 50°, Titleist SM8 54° and 58°

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

Thanks for being a gracious winner and taking the time to do a write up on the clubs you got. Well done.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Great write up, you did almost exactly what I would have done if I'd won the contest 😁😎.

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Good stuff CW. I have the V6 as well. While they aren't my full time gamer set, not a person comes into my office without picking one out of the bag and proceeds to whistle and drool over them.

I need to play them a bit more, they are the best feeling clubs I've hit when struck pure.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

When I found out that I won the contest that MGS and Wilson threw for the PGA Championship, I was pumped! I quickly realized that I hadn't hit a Wilson club in years, so, I was very curious to go try out their offerings at the PGA Superstore. I was a little skeptical, mostly because I hadn't heard much about their irons. After scoping out a few of their offerings, I narrowed it down to the Forged C300s and the FG Tour V6s. Both were great offerings, and I was seriously considering the Forged C300s but I ultimately went with the F6 Tour V6s because they were closer to the clubs I was currently playing (Callaway Apex Pros w/ Project X PXi shafts).

I was instantly impressed with how the FGs felt. They provided instant feedback on the shots you hit and performed great. They have a smaller profile then some of the other clubs you might come across, but, that is to be expected of an iron in this class. I tried out a few of the stock shaft offerings and found the KBS Tours and the Dynamic Golf AMTs to be the best fit. I ended up going with the Dynamic Golds because they had a slightly higher ball speed, were more consistent, and had a better feel than the KBS Tours.

I've played a few rounds with the FGs now and I'm really impressed. They are consistent and allow you to flight the ball up, down, left, and right. The AMT shafts are kind of interesting because they are weighted heavier at the bottom of the set (i.e. the Pitching Wedge has a beefier shaft than the 5-iron). I'm still getting used to the progressively weighted shafts and haven't quite nailed down my distances yet, but I'm getting there. Some of the differences I've noticed between these and my Callaway Apex Pros are that the FGs tend to be a few yards shorter but have a higher ball flight with significantly more spin. That difference could easily be attributed to the different shafts, as the PXis are lighter and designed to flight the ball a little bit lower. I would probably have to throw the same shafts into both sets to get a better idea on any differences between the heads.

So far, I'm a big fan of the FGs and I would highly recommend that you give them a try the next time you are in the market for irons. If you aren't a fan of the FGs and are looking for a little bit more distance, give the Forged C300s a shot, they seemed like a fantastic option too.

Now for a few pics... Unfortunately, it's been cloudy every time I've taken these clubs out to play. I'll try to snap some better pictures next time the sun is out so that you can really see these shine!

attachicon.gif 20180831_180711.jpg

attachicon.gif 20180831_180721.jpg

Thanks again to Wilson and MGS for providing this contest and sending me a new set of clubs! I'll add more comments after I get a few more rounds in and get a better feel for the pros and cons.

Thank you for sharing that. they look gorgeous. Enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Those are some great looking sticks. Thanks for taking the time to share your initial impressions. Can't wait to hear what else you have to say about them.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Watch Rick Shiels video, as he drools all over them, actually I think he even games them he likes em so much. I think you made a great choice.

they are a shorter club due to the very traditional lofts, so don't worry bout that.

I love seeing a winner post up on the set they won, great job!

And congrats on a flame throwing serious set of stix.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

nice write up :)

nice clubs :)

Do you know Wilson irons have won more Majors than any other manufacturer? :)

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Watch Rick Shiels video, as he drools all over them, actually I think he even games them he likes em so much. I think you made a great choice.

they are a shorter club due to the very traditional lofts, so don't worry bout that.

I love seeing a winner post up on the set they won, great job!

And congrats on a flame throwing serious set of stix.

Also I found out when I ordered mine they are 1/4 inch shorter stock shafts than most other OEM's

They really are beautiful clubs and yes Rick is still gaming them. Rob why doesn't it surprise me that you have a set😁😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

They really are beautiful clubs and yes Rick is still gaming them. Rob why doesn't it surprise me that you have a set

Lol. What can I say. I love beautiful things.

Yeah, seriously nice-looking set of irons! And Congrats! on your .. "Major" ;-) .. win!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Lol. What can I say. I love beautiful things.

Just curios how many set's of Beautiful "things" do you have???   

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.