Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
Shankster

New Wilson 2018/2019 MBs

The FG Tour 100's aren't being produced anymore. I follow Wilson golf on instagram and they replied to a comment about some old ones “Stay Tuned�...

New Wilson FG Tour “Gooseneck� on the way....???!!!IMG_3989.JPG

• Like 4

Those are purty! Classic MB design. They look less forgiving than the FG Tour 100's. They appear to be more of a butterknife blade than the FGs.

• Like 1

Those are purty! Classic MB design. They look less forgiving than the FG Tour 100's. They appear to be more of a butterknife blade than the FGs.

If they are anything like the original Goose Necks they ain't going to be forgiving at all. IMHO one funky club with the funkiest hosel since some of the 60s 70s era Hogan Blades. Now they may be cooking with gas if they go back to a remake of the FG-17s with a modern twist or even FG-59s

• Like 4

Yeah, those are ancient. I'm guessing they'd take some subtle design ideas from them. Nice blade though.

• Like 2

If they are anything like the original Goose Necks they ain't going to be forgiving at all. IMHO one funky club with the funkiest hosel since some of the 60s 70s era Hogan Blades. Now they may be cooking with gas if they go back to a remake of the FG-17s with a modern twist or even FG-59s

Stu's damn right- 59's please!

• Like 1

... Ahhhh Stu I think you know better. MB's account for 1% of OEM sales and I doubt Wilson will bring back an old design, regardless of how loved they were. Contrary to what the Argument Forum members promote, MB's will continue to be phased out by all but a few OEMs. Nothing more beautiful than a classic MB. But with Forged CB's, multi material players irons providing the best of all worlds and distance irons coming on strong I think if you love MB's, you better hang on to the ones you own or score some off Ebay like these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Titleist-RH-716-MB-Iron-set-3-PW-Dynamic-Gold-S300-Stiff-irons-Discontinued/401598763631?hash=item5d8126d26f:g:7mEAAOSwrvRbUlhK 

• Like 3

Brendan Steele posted these today on IG. All I’ll say is they’re easy on the eyes.

IMG_1132.PNGIMG_1133.PNGIMG_1134.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I guess someone posted this 8 minutes ago

Please delete thread.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

All Steele needs now Is a set of knickers made from the most advanced moisture wicking material and a golf cap that get WiFi and he would match up to the clubs. old meets new.

All I can think about is how I would reshaft them with 90 gram shaft or Recoils hahahaha then not hit them any better.

John Barba wrote up an article about upcoming new Wilson Blades. Very beautiful irons. Simple and classy.
Wilson-Staff-Proto-Blade-1.jpg.18ac53c234d37b65537cb3002c260177.jpg
There is one or two threads on these already. I'll post a link when I get to the office.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jlukes said:
15 hours ago, Har in the Hat said:
John Barba wrote up an article about upcoming new Wilson Blades. Very beautiful irons. Simple and classy.
Wilson-Staff-Proto-Blade-1.jpg.18ac53c234d37b65537cb3002c260177.jpg

There is one or two threads on these already. I'll post a link when I get to the office.

Didn't see it.  Thank you for that

Damn, those are some sexy irons! I really like Wilson irons in general, but I always felt that the FG100 blades were a bit gimmicky with the bit of Wilson Staff writing on the back. I understand the reason why they did that, but I think they would've looked better without it - which is why I prefer the look of the "cleaner" blades such as the MP18, Titleist MBs, Apex MBs, and TM P730s.