Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Went to Golf Headquarters today

sirchunksalot

And walked out discouraged. After reading a lot of the excellent reviews on the site, I had a list in mind of the ones I wanted to test. Cobra F8, Ping G400, Callaway Steelhead XR, Wilson D300, and Cleveland Launcher HB.

So I was talking to the sales rep and all he was wanting to do was push the Callaway Rogue X. It's our bestseller, he said. To him the Cobras were meh, the Wilson's were junk, yada, yada, yada. The Rogue x were the way to go.

I've done my research, but everything I brought up, he shot down. He said that he knew all the arguments, and could disprove them. Listen, I have been looking for a while and thanks to the community here at MGS, I have read thoughtful, data filled, unbiased reviews.

I walked out.

Went to Dicks, hit the Rouge X, didn't like the feel.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

And walked out discouraged. After reading a lot of the excellent reviews on the site, I had a list in mind of the ones I wanted to test. Cobra F8, Ping G400, Callaway Steelhead XR, Wilson D300, and Cleveland Launcher HB.

So I was talking to the sales rep and all he was wanting to do was push the Callaway Rogue X. It's our bestseller, he said. To him the Cobras were meh, the Wilson's were junk, yada, yada, yada. The Rogue x were the way to go.

I've done my research, but everything I brought up, he shot down. He said that he knew all the arguments, and could disprove them. Listen, I have been looking for a while and thanks to the community here at MGS, I have read thoughtful, data filled, unbiased reviews.

I walked out.

Went to Dicks, hit the Rouge X, didn't like the feel.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Yeah, nothing like a biased salesman, trying to push you towards something he's probably getting incentives on to sell.   Nothing wrong with Rouge at all, they are great irons, but to discount and trash about the other brands, tells me, that store would never get another penny of mine. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Yeah, nothing like a biased salesman, trying to push you towards something he's probably getting incentives on to sell. Nothing wrong with Rouge at all, they are great irons, but to discount and trash about the other brands, tells me, that store would never get another penny of mine.

I'll not go back, there's a PGA Superstore that is probably an extra hour drive that I'll go to when I purchase.

Interesting how they continue to push a particular club or brand to the point of getting you to leave with no sale and not letting you try something else that might generate a sale. And we wonder why businesses fail.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

It would be nice if they sold golf clubs like cars. It would never work but it would be nice to go to the Mizuno dealer, listen to their pitch, hit a few then go next door to the Srixon dealer for the same. At least that way everyone is biased.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Interesting how they continue to push a particular club or brand to the point of getting you to leave with no sale and not letting you try something else that might generate a sale. And we wonder why businesses fail.

That's so true, a sale is a sale. I have nothing against Callaway, I hit the steelheads and was impressed. In this kind of business, there is such a variety of clubs and players that there's no one size fits all.

The worst! I would be contacting their management and giving them your experience.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

That's so true, a sale is a sale. I have nothing against Callaway, I hit the steelheads and was impressed. In this kind of business, there is such a variety of clubs and players that there's no one size fits all.

That last sentence 110% correct. And I will go on record saying that the guy you dealt with was more than likely the product of one of those "Professional Golf Management Schools" Really I have never been brand loyal (look at my tournament bag in signature) but I will say I am very Macgregor biased in the vintage/classic department. When we ran the golf shop I would rather sell you a used $100 driver than a used $150 driver if you hit that cheaper one better. I am making money either way but if you are satisfied I have a repeat customer. That is the way my old man did business in his pro shop and I took that from him. When a friend of mine and I had the golf shop we tried a couple of those young bucks from the local PGM schools they did not work out. Thought they knew everything

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

The worst! I would be contacting their management and giving them your experience.

I would do the same thing trouble is most management people no matter the business don't give 2 rips anyhow this day and time------- I know I am an old fart curmudgeon 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Yeah but corporate headquarters certainly may care.... Especially if you tell them you purchased something else somewhere else.

I would do the same thing trouble is most management people no matter the business don't give 2 rips anyhow this day and time------- I know I am an old fart curmudgeon

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Yeah but corporate headquarters certainly may care.... Especially if you tell them you purchased something else somewhere else.

That's what I'm thinking about doing, once I purchase a set I might just email them. I hate to be like that, but I also imagine if someone new to the game went in there and received the same treatment it might turn them off.

Who knows? I might have purchased their suggestion, but I didn't like the feeling that my ideas and research were invalidated.

...When we ran the golf shop I would rather sell you a used $100 driver than a used $150 driver if you hit that cheaper one better. I am making money either way but if you are satisfied I have a repeat customer. That is the way my old man did business in his pro shop and I took that from him...

Honestly, in this day and age when you can get on Twitter and rip a business a new one in a matter of minutes, it astounds me that so many places are willing to offer such crappy customer service.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Honestly, in this day and age when you can get on Twitter and rip a business a new one in a matter of minutes, it astounds me that so many places are willing to offer such crappy customer service.

Goes back to what I said earlier. This day and age no one gives 2 rips no matter the business. I see it all the time especially with any chain store. One of the reasons I flat refuse to mess with the PGASS stores here. I had quit messing with Golfsmith long before they closed. I do business with a local golf store here and buy most of my supplies on line from Maltby Hireko or Diamond Tour. 

Go look on the computer at some of the big chain businesses and see complaints. I can give you an example Applebees--- The store here in Murrells Inlet had over 1000 complaints in about 3 months time. Which they ended up shutting that restaurant down. Another one was Chilis up towards where Wicked Stick Golf Course was. It had a lot of complaints too and they shut it down. Both of those locations newer Independent restaurants have opened up and are doing good. But in the long run it has not seemed to effect the big scope ( corporate) any with those 2 outfits.  The only big restaurant chain I have seen affected was the one that had several food poisoning scares nationwide. Can't seem to remember the name right now. Did research their stock and it had fell bad. I do know they closed both of their restaurants on the Grand Strand.

Any business the driving force is employees and it seems to me now days again no matter the business you can not seem to find help that gives 2 rips

G

Archived