Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Titleist TS-OMG

LankyGolf

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw that Speith has temporarily ditched the TS driver and fairway wood for his older setup (917? 915?). I know players revert back to older, more comfortable equipment to get the mind right but this kind of gives me a double take to see Speith switch back after only two- three weeks playing the TS setup. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

10 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Just saw that Speith has temporarily ditched the TS driver and fairway wood for his older setup (917? 915?). I know players revert back to older, more comfortable equipment to get the mind right but this kind of gives me a double take to see Speith switch back after only two- three weeks playing the TS setup. 

Speith is super resistant to change.  If he did go back to his previous setup, it's the the 915 stuff. 

1 hour ago, txgolfjunkie said:

He said he’s not gettin enough spin. He is going back to his 915 in driver and wood. He tried 917 a couple times but didn’t like it. He said he would put TS back in once they can find a more optimized setup

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I may or may not have booked a fitting this Saturday with a friend of my coworker who is now a Titleist rep. I was swingin the TS2 while I was killing time at the pro shop the other day and was putting some out there around 260 carry 280 total. It was on GC2 without HMT and not sure if it was juiced, but I was also hitting some 230 carry on mishits so maybe it's legit?

We'll see what Trackman says on Saturday. I want to get my numbers so I can also see what truefit says and support the boys 😎

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Archived