Sign in to follow this  
chemclub

Midwest golf trip suggestions

Trying to organize a golf trip for next summer and look for suggestions in any state that borders Iowa. 

Wisconsin - whistling straights / erin hills might be an option

Missouri - big cedar lodge and surrounding ozark area has been getting huge press lately with a lot of big name design courses.

Of course, also not trying to break the bank with this trip either so if you can recommend some hidden gems that would be welcome too.

• Like 1

Trying to organize a golf trip for next summer and look for suggestions in any state that borders Iowa.

Missouri - big cedar lodge and surrounding ozark area has been getting huge press lately with a lot of big name design courses.

Of course, also not trying to break the bank with this trip either so if you can recommend some hidden gems that would be welcome too.

Grand View Lodge in Bemidji MN is a great hidden gem.

Giants Ridge is great too.

• Like 3

Wee bit limiting, even though six states (I believe) border Iowa? Based on my limited knowledge, I would also say N MN. Should be able to find a deal, esp if you're willing to do Sun/Thurs or something similar. Send a PM to Barbajo. He lived in the Twin Cities for 15ish yrs, knows the MN golf scene as well as anyone.

I've played a bit around Kansas City. I know that doesn't meet your exact criteria, but may be worth a look see for packages and deals. I know there is some excellent golf to be had in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I would suggest a few...

Eagle Ridge and Woodbine in Galena Illinois are good options.

Lake Geneva Wisconsin has Geneva National, Grand Geneva and Hawk's View all in close proximity and a GREAT downtown to hang out and enjoy! Depending on how you're driving in, Glen Erin in Janesville, Wi is fantastic and worth a stop.

Sand Valley would be my other choice. Amazing!

None of these will break the bank like a trip to Erin Hills or Kohler might. Those are expensive weekends.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Grand View Lodge in Bemidji MN is a great hidden gem.

Giants Ridge is great too.

The 2 giants ridge courses look great. Might work out if we could find a nice course to play in the Minneapolis area on the drive up.

• Like 2

The 2 giants ridge courses look great. Might work out if we could find a nice course to play in the Minneapolis area on the drive up.

The Meadows at Mystic Lake 100%. My favorite course in the metro by far.
  • Like 1

Wee bit limiting, even though six states (I believe) border Iowa? Based on my limited knowledge, I would also say N MN. Should be able to find a deal, esp if you're willing to do Sun/Thurs or something similar. Send a PM to Barbajo. He lived in the Twin Cities for 15ish yrs, knows the MN golf scene as well as anyone.

I've played a bit around Kansas City. I know that doesn't meet your exact criteria, but may be worth a look see for packages and deals. I know there is some excellent golf to be had in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

KC is easy to get to from central IA (much shorter drive than N MN). Any suggestions?

• Like 1

Assuming we couldn't get into Interlachen or Hazeltine, I always liked Chaska Town Course in the Twin Cities.

For WI you have Sand Valley and SentryWorld within an hour of each other in central WI, and Erin Hills and the Kohler courses near Milwaukee.

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1