Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

So... my Breakfast Ball� is actually legal?!?

MGoBlue100

Best answer I've seen. We all know it's not legal and outside the spirit of the rules, end of meaningful discussion. When I see a touring pro do it, we can all do it...

I don't really follow pro golf.

Not much opportunity, then, to emulate a touring pro.

I didn't pay for my golf by the round.

So much for that, then, too.

I didn't get arrested if I took a mulligan.

So much for it being "illegal."

And the USGA didn't pay my golf bets or my golf expenses.

The guy I was playing and I decided the rules.

I guess the point, Middler, is that you, I or anybody can "do it"

if we and whom we're playing with both feel like it.

I would have to say that is brilliant. Pure genius.

In reality this could go on and on but I would be careful ( as Foz states) the golf course might now have one repay the green fee to play again. I wonder if they could do that?

Sent from my iPod touch using MyGolfSpy

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2018 at 3:26 PM, MGoBlue100 said:

Reading my email this morning from one of those “other” sites, and this caught my attention and imagination. Curious of the thoughts of some of the rules aficionados here:

“A mulligan is allowed at the first hole. That is a fact…at least according to a participant at a recent rules evening I conducted. Let me tell you what happened, because, shockingly, he might be right.

As always, I explained to the participants what a mulligan is. I have done this for many years, and it is probably the one “rule” most people tend to know. This is surprising, since it is the only rule we talk about that is not found in the rule book!

When I told the participants that evening that a mulligan is never allowed, a person raised his hand. I think there were around 100 of us. He told me very calmly about a recent episode he was involved in.

Person: “Brian, that was not what I did.”

Me: “What do you mean?”

Person: “I did not take a free ‘reload.”‘

Me (with a smile): “OK. So then what did you do?”

Person: “Brian this is what happened. Listen carefully. I played a very poor shot from the teeing ground on the first tee. It made me really sad. I therefore decided to stop the round. I didn't want to play anymore. But you know what? 10 seconds later I realized I wanted to play again! I love golf! So therefore I placed a ball on a tee, and I started a new round of golf . I then played my first stroke in that new round of golf. Therefore, it was not a mulligan, rather it was a completely new round of golf!”

How would you answer this person? Any idea? Well let me tell you what my answer was:

“Well…ehh…you cannot…I mean…it is not fair…eeeeh…if you really want to play…eeh…“

Not really a great answer! Of course, I desperately began to read the rules book to find out what it says about when you are allowed to stop a round. But it does not say. So, as far as I've seen in the rules book, there is no answer.

The only help seems to be in Rule 1-4, that states

“If any point a dispute is not covered by the Rules, the decision should be made in accordance with equity”.

Well that does not give you much help. Maybe you could argue, that under Rule 1-4 it would be most fair, that — in the situation mentioned above — the player was playing under stroke and distance, and therefore was playing his third stroke from the teeing ground.

But I don't know for sure.

What do you think?”

Entire article lifted from that site which shall remain nameless, but I think the discussion is thought provoking, at least... emoji6.png

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I know what site and article because I read it and commented on it too. There are several of us that are over there and on here too. I have the same name and avatar over there too.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 9/6/2018 at 3:57 PM, dcole said:

It is a mulligan. In my Sunday morning money game each player has the opportunity to hit a second tee ball if he would like to at no penalty to the player. That is just a local club rule for our game only.

There are a couple of groups that I play with that do the exact same thing exactly as you stated---- No one in those groups keeps an  official handicap or plays stipulated events

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• 3 months later...

If I'm playing with a buddy we play by the rules less, stroke and distance for lost ball/OB. If by myself or Father in law I might take one.. I do not care if you do or don't it is YOUR game.. Enjoy it how you want to.. Just as long as you enjoy it.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

I keep seeing this topic surface and keep saying to myself.... Breakfast ball? WTH?
As most of you know I've been playing golf for a couple years and have never in my life heard that term used.
In fact I don't even like the sound of it. "hey Joe... you hitting a breakfast ball?" LOL  Is there also a Lunch ball? How bout a Brunch ball?
How about we just stick with mulligan.
default_smile.png

And get off my lawn and keep the music down

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Archived