kardboard.kid

If I weren't who I am, I'd be.....

So I thought it might be a fun to explore the other side of who we are.  Even though I am a design engineer that is in the area of creativity, my real passion was art.  Mostly charcoal, pastels, and watercolor.  So if I weren't who I am, I'd have been another Andy Warhol.

Your turn....

• Like 3

If I weren't an electronics technician, I'd probably be an auto mechanic...

My Dad ran a foreign car repair shop as our family business and I was totally immersed in it with him all during high school as his helper and apprentice. I even self-funded and rebuilt the engine for my own car (on my own time) when I was just 16. I was a sure bet to be assigned to a motor pool for the Marines, but apparently my ASVAB scores dictated otherwise...So the "Green Machine" in her infinite wisdom decided that I shall go to school to become a 2800 electronics communications technician which I ultimately did (2841), and did well. That has always struck me as weird because while working at the shop on cars that had an electrical bug, I couldn't read a freakin' schematic and always deferred those issues immediately to my Dad... ;)

Now I've basically been in some form of electronics communications for over 32 years! At age 50, that's really all I know how to do...

• Like 3

If I weren't a married HVAC Technician I'd be better at golf!

But being serious I would have stayed away from the college girls and booze and continued with the original plan of being an athletic trainer.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

I'd rather be myself! :D

Oh man... my account must have been hacked...

If I weren't a mechanic I'd be in he luxury yacht business. Suit and tie job of some sort.

• Like 4

If I weren't a chemical technician I would probably work somewhere like Georgia Power or Norfolk Southern. I had plans of being a school teacher right after graduating high school but I realized I couldn't put up with a class full of teenagers for 8 hours a day.

• Like 4

If I weren't a teacher, I'd love to be a photographer.

If I weren't a Cabinetmaker, I would be a musician. I love music. Unfortunately, I have no talent to play an instrument or sing........ just appreciate those that do.

• Like 3

I'm like Fonda in “Easy Rider” when he has that moment of clarity. He asks, “Have you ever wanted to be someone else?” Hippy commune guy answers “I'd like to try Porky Pig.” Fonda-“I've never wanted to be anyone else.”

I'm not rich, my kids drive me crazy and my wife sometimes gives me hell, but I never wanted to be anything else than who I am.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

...but I never wanted to be anything else than who I am.

I think that my childhood idols--Rocky Marciano, Ray Robinson, Ted Williams, and Frank Sinatra--may have led lives worth trying, at least for a while.

But overall, I see deejais's point...the devil you know and all that.

• Like 1

I'm actually perfectly fine with who I am. I love my work (hands on, creative and a special bond with the tools and material)  and the interests I have.

It is nice to think about what you might have been/become if you were pushed in a different direction at a certain time of your life, though.

• Like 3

I'm actually perfectly fine with who I am. I love my work (hands on, creative and a special bond with the tools and material) and the interests I have.

It is nice to think about what you might have been/become if you were pushed in a different direction at a certain time of your life, though.

In that case, I'd like to be a holistic healer or Shaman. Help people with their TOTAL wellbeing, Spiritual, Mental, Emotional, and Physical.

Comforting the entire being of someone that is struggling with illness would be a worthwhile endeavor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

A better person.

Be careful what you ask for.....................

You might be a better person, but you may not like the price you had to pay to become a better person. I know, because I prayed a lot to become a better person. Maybe not in all cases, but I paid a hefty price to become  a better person.

Having said that... it's worked out for the best after a few years of struggling and coming to terms.

Okay.... sorry for the derail of the thread. Mods, please take it down if you feel you need to.

• Like 1

Be careful what you ask for.....................

You might be a better person, but you may not like the price you had to pay to become a better person. I know, because I prayed a lot to become a better person. Maybe not in all cases, but I paid a hefty price to become a better person.

Having said that... it's worked out for the best after a few years of struggling and coming to terms.

Okay.... sorry for the derail of the thread. Mods, please take it down if you feel you need to.

I know where you were going with the comments. It's all good on my end. This was just a fun thread, no harm no foul. I think the majority of us really are happy with whom we are.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Matt Bernardo

• By zombini316
      I was laid off/let go/terminated/downsized/whatever you wanna call it for the first time in my life one month ago today. It's been a weird month. They gave me several months of severance as I had been with the company for over 7 years, so that's nice. But I was doing something that may be going the way of the dodo. I had already planned a second career and this is helping to jumpstart that a little more, but I do need a real job for a bit longer before I can fully support myself on the side hustle. Unfortunately I haven't made it to the course here as I've either been trying to keep busy with the side hustle, keeping an ear out for a new job, or just being busy with the family. I think I'll go to the driving range here in a bit though. 
      If you've been laid off/let go/terminated/downsized/whatever, how did you cope? Did playing a few rounds help? Did ignoring your clubs help? Did something that has nothing to do with golf help? I know I'm not alone out there. 
    • By Golf Jobs
      NonProfit Opportunities at PGA Championship/Valhalla

Make a Difference One dollar at a time!

Levy Restaurants at PGA Championship at Valhalla is looking for enthusiastic, hard working people like you to join us for this exciting event!!

This is a great opportunity to earn $$ for your non-profit while taking part in this premier PGA Championship!

Become a part of an exciting team, have fun & raise money for your great cause when you team up with Levy Restaurants at the PGA Golf Tournament at the Valhalla Golf Club in Louisville!

We currently provide NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS the opportunity to raise money for their cause as we train them to run concession stands.
      Proof of IRS 501C3 compliance required.

For more information on this amazing opportunity please respond to this post!

No one else in this business thinks quite like we do. By seamlessly blending our sense of family, genuine passion and unique mindset as restaurateurs, we continue to set ourselves apart for our guests and from our competitors, and create an amazing home for all of our hardworking, fun-spirited team members countrywide. The reason we have so many amazing people is best summed up by founder Larry Levy, "If you find a job you enjoy, you'll never work another day in your life."

www.levyrestaurants.com

We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.

• By Golf Jobs
      PGA Championship-Valhalla JOB FAIR - Hiring Concessions & Food Prep
      Levy Restaurants at PGA Championship at Valhalla is looking for enthusiastic, hard working people like you to join us for this exciting event!!

This is a great opportunity to earn extra $$ while taking part in this premier PGA Championship!

JOIN US FOR OUR JOB FAIR!

PAID HOURLY POSITIONS:
      Concessions Cashiers, Concessions Counter Workers, Hot Food Prep & Cold Food Prep

To apply in person for Levy Restaurants at the PGA Championship
      Attend our Job Fair
      Monday to Wednesday - 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
      Churchill Downs
      700 Central Avenue
      Louisville

*please note the location of our job fair is at our Churchill Downs location!
      Applicants can enter and park at Churchill Downs gate 1 (main entrance)
      Inform security you are applying for a position with Levy Restaurants
      Cross the paddock area - take service elevators to the basement

or apply online at www.workatlevy.com - select location and desired positions

No one else in this business thinks quite like we do. By seamlessly blending our sense of family, genuine passion and unique mindset as restaurateurs, we continue to set ourselves apart for our guests and from our competitors, and create an amazing home for all of our hardworking, fun-spirited team members countrywide. The reason we have so many amazing people is best summed up by founder Larry Levy, "If you find a job you enjoy, you'll never work another day in your life."

www.levyrestaurants.com

We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.

• By Golf Jobs
      NonProfit Opportunities at PGA Championship/Valhalla

Make a Difference One dollar at a time!

This is a great opportunity to earn $$ for your non-profit while taking part in this premier PGA Championship!

Become a part of an exciting team, have fun & raise money for your great cause when you team up with Levy Restaurants at the PGA Golf Tournament at the Valhalla Golf Club in Louisville!

We currently provide NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS the opportunity to raise money for their cause as we train them to run concession stands.
      Proof of IRS 501C3 compliance required.

For more information on this amazing opportunity please respond to this post!

www.levyrestaurants.com

• By Golf Jobs
      PGA Championship-Valhalla JOB FAIR - Hiring Concessions & Food Prep

This is a great opportunity to earn extra $$ while taking part in this premier PGA Championship!

JOIN US FOR OUR JOB FAIR!

PAID HOURLY POSITIONS:
      Concessions Cashiers, Concessions Counter Workers, Hot Food Prep & Cold Food Prep

To apply in person for Levy Restaurants at the PGA Championship
      Attend our Job Fair
      Monday to Wednesday - 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
      Churchill Downs
      700 Central Avenue
      Louisville

*please note the location of our job fair is at our Churchill Downs location!
      Applicants can enter and park at Churchill Downs gate 1 (main entrance)
      Inform security you are applying for a position with Levy Restaurants
      Cross the paddock area - take service elevators to the basement

or apply online at www.workatlevy.com - select location and desired positions

www.levyrestaurants.com

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!