Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

S300 to project x 6.0?

LoganT

Have any of you gone from dg s300 to project x 6.0? If so what are the differences?

Honma g1x red stock stiff shaft 45.5 in Nike vapor fly 3 wood stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue shaft Cleveland 588 combo cb/mb irons 3-pw dynamic gold s300 Snake Eyes 51,55,59 forged wedges stock wedge shafts Cleveland 2135 TFI satin elevado 34”

To me the 6.0 is smoother but I'm not a dg fan only because they hurt my elbows but that new dg white is pretty smooth, i could go 5.5 as well being i setting right at 100 in driver or a little less, I'm what they call atweener lol

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Have any of you gone from dg s300 to project x 6.0? If so what are the differences?

Honma g1x red stock stiff shaft 45.5 in Nike vapor fly 3 wood stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue shaft Cleveland 588 combo cb/mb irons 3-pw dynamic gold s300 Snake Eyes 51,55,59 forged wedges stock wedge shafts Cleveland 2135 TFI satin elevado 34”

Did I read you right? Are you playing a Homna G1-X driver? Geez Louise I thought I was the only one playing one of those things-- One hot SOB of a driver--- Check out my signature.

On your original question I used to play both shafts when I could actually swing a club. Liked both. Depends on how the shafts are tipped or tuned. If I remember correctly the 6.0 is a little lighter gram wise but stiffer on the bottom end. Now this is from going off a stock new out of the box shaft. I am having to drag that from the cobwebs of my memory

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I've taken the long road from s300 to px 6.0. I've had the AM s300 and s400 in a couple sets as well as Nippon modus 120 afb kbs tour and $ taper. In my pxg and the 718 cb/mb I was fit to 6.0(718 was also s300 amt which is what I ended up choosing)

I will say the px 6.0 feel smoother but they are a shaft if you don't load right can be a little beastly. In my short time with it in the pxg I'm happy with the setup

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Did I read you right? Are you playing a Homna G1-X driver? Geez Louise I thought I was the only one playing one of those things-- One hot SOB of a driver--- Check out my signature.

On your original question I used to play both shafts when I could actually swing a club. Liked both. Depends on how the shafts are tipped or tuned. If I remember correctly the 6.0 is a little lighter gram wise but stiffer on the bottom end. Now this is from going off a stock new out of the box shaft. I am having to drag that from the cobwebs of my memory

Yes you read right. I love the honma. It's the hottest driver face I've ever hit.

IMG_2337.JPG

There it is

I went from S300 to PX LZ 6.0 when I went from MP4s to MP18 MMC. They're pretty similar. I'm not really noticing much difference. Still pretty low launching. Spin seems to be the same. Nice dispersion. Both are good. Still have S300 in my wedges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: TM M1 9.5*

4W: Wishon bent FLAT

Irons: Mizuno MP20MB

Wedges: 50/55/60 Mizuno

Putter: Evnroll ER2

• 5 months later...

I have recently switched from s300 to px 6.0, I have played s300 all my life except for one set of 1996 962's that were the ultimate setup. The set I just got came with s300 and I just switched them outto the 6.0's. The px i feel are much smoother. I feel because they are more butt stiff and lighter. The FCM of the px are quite a bit more than the s300. If you really want to find something close to the s300 then go with the 5.5's. Most people think that the 5.5 is more of a regular shaft but if you look at the FCM rating, the 5.5's are actually stiffer than the s300's. 

Driver- Cobra LTD (Matrix Ozik Black-tie 65M4 stiff tipped 1/2")

3wood - Cobra Fly-Z+ (Fujikura Vista Pro 70 series- stiff tipped 1/2")

Hybrid - Cobra Bio Cell (Stock ProjectX- stiff)

Irons - Cobra Pro CB's (Project X 5.5 Hardstepped)

Wedges - Vokey (50/54/58)

Putter - Oddysey O-Works 1w Red

Ball - Nike RZN Tour Platinum(Til my stash is gone)

Handicap - 4.2

Archived