TESTERS WANTED! ×

LoganT WITB

I'll add some more photos of my bag in a few days if I get the chance but here we go...

Driver: Honma g1x red with stock stiff shaft 10.5 degree 45.5 inches

3wood: Nike vapor fly Mitsubishi tensei blue stiff 65grams

Irons: Cleveland 588 forged combo irons 3-6cb and 7-pw mb dynamic gold s300 shafts

Wedges: Snake Eyes forged 50,54,58 bent to 51,55,59 stock wedge shafts

Putter: Cleveland tfi 2135 satin elevado 34”

IMG_2337.JPG

Honma g1x red stock stiff shaft 45.5 in Nike vapor fly 3 wood stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue shaft Cleveland 588 combo cb/mb irons 3-pw dynamic gold s300 Snake Eyes 51,55,59 forged wedges stock wedge shafts Cleveland 2135 TFI satin elevado 34”

Darn good set up. That Cleveland combo set is one heck of a set of irons. LOL I am playing the same driver you are. That is one hot driver. Glad you left the stock cover on because I wanted to see what it looked like. I bought mine sorta used and it did not have the cover. That weight kit and wrench for the concentric bushing adjuster is something else. You are the only other person that I have seen on here or WRX that is playing that driver.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Thanks STU I love my irons and they feel just as good as anything else I've ever hit. I agree that the driver is something else I just think it gets overshadowed by some of the bigger brand names. More people should give honma a try, they make some great equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Thanks STU I love my irons and they feel just as good as anything else I've ever hit. I agree that the driver is something else I just think it gets overshadowed by some of the bigger brand names. More people should give honma a try, they make some great equipment.

Main thing is that most people do not know or understand how to adjust it even after reading the instructions, My buddy Bear bought that thing used at the PGASS. It had been returned 3 times. He told me the salesman told him good luck in adjusting it. Bear told them if he could not adjust it he knew someone who could as in me. It is not as easy as say a Cally Titleist or TM to adjust. I understand how the concentric bushing in the bottom works from messing with big truck suspensions and trailer tandems. For some reason he did not like that driver and I could pound it so he gave it to me. If you read on Homna's website you will learn a lot about their graphite shafts. Their engineering and QC is second to none. They design engineer and build their own shafts

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• 9 months later...

IMG_3388.thumb.JPG.59cf67b23bb75402d7c33306ee76691f.JPG

Made a few changes to the bag.

Irons are JPX 919 tour 3-PW with project x 6.5s and wedges are mizuno s18 50.07 54.12 and 58.08 also thinking of swapping out the stock stiff shaft in the honma driver for an Aldila rogue silver 70x. Almost forgot too that I’ve changed putters. I now have the Cleveland smart square at 34” in the bag. It’s stupid easy to align.

Beautiful. Nuff said.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Those 919 Tours are becoming a modern classic--- Nice sticks!!!---- I see the Honma driver ain't left the bag--- The only time mine leaves the bag is when I play Persimmon golf

Edited by BIG STU

G

13 hours ago, LoganT said:

STU the honma isn’t going anywhere. I may change the shaft in it but that’s it. Haven’t hit another driver with a hotter face.

Darn Skippy on that it is one hot faced SOB which can get me into trouble sometimes. I ain't changing one thing on mine. I have really been hitting mine good lately part of it due to me practicing and playing my persimmon drivers some. If I can hit the persimmon square then the Honma is a no brainer for me. As you know when you hit that thing square it goes hot

G

Nice setup there! I was going to ask you about the putter. Pretty smooth?

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Nice setup there! I was going to ask you about the putter. Pretty smooth?

I love the putter. I struggle with alignment while putting and the smart square is one of the easiest putters to align that I’ve found. I put a superstroke slim 3.0 on it and it feels very balanced. The face insert has a firmer feel than some others I’ve used before but I actually prefer the firmer feel over a softer insert.

On 6/14/2019 at 7:36 PM, LoganT said:

IMG_3388.thumb.JPG.59cf67b23bb75402d7c33306ee76691f.JPG

Made a few changes to the bag.

Irons are JPX 919 tour 3-PW with project x 6.5s and wedges are mizuno s18 50.07 54.12 and 58.08 also thinking of swapping out the stock stiff shaft in the honma driver for an Aldila rogue silver 70x. Almost forgot too that I’ve changed putters. I now have the Cleveland smart square at 34” in the bag. It’s stupid easy to align.

Repeating myself, but dayum, those look nice!  I hit the PING i500's and absolutely loved their look... but could not hit them consistently. I wonder if I could hit these? Enjoy them.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 6/16/2019 at 10:22 AM, LoganT said:

I love the putter. I struggle with alignment while putting and the smart square is one of the easiest putters to align that I’ve found. I put a superstroke slim 3.0 on it and it feels very balanced. The face insert has a firmer feel than some others I’ve used before but I actually prefer the firmer feel over a softer insert.

That is a major step if it feels balanced to you. Putting IMHO is all about feel and instinct. I also agree with you 110% on inserts. One of the reasons I do not use an insert putter. I am all the time finding clubs at work and now have several insert putters and all of them feel squishy to me especially with softer golf balls. I think from what you say overall you have found a great putter for you and another positive is that it is easy to align for you

G