Our Sponsors

So doing some minimal research:  Yoga probably qualifies as static. According to Google:

One of the benefits to static stretching is improved flexibilityFlexibility refers to the range of motion around a joint. Different types of stretching, including static, can increase the flexibility of your knee, hip, shoulder, and ankle joints. Enhancing your flexibility will allow you to move more freely and efficiently.

On dynamic stretching according to Google: Dynamic stretching is ideal prior to exercise to prepare the joints for movement and muscles for optimal activation.Examples including lunging. 

According to this link - dynamic is a must before exercising such as running to warm up the muscles.    http://www.headwatersphysio.ca/benefits-of-dynamic-static-stretching/

While I'm not a fitness expert - I think I'll stay with the yoga as I'm looking for increased flexibility before I play golf.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

On 12/10/2018 at 6:13 PM, tony@CIC said:

Do what's best for you. Only you know your body best and what it's limitations are.

👏👏

• Like 1

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

On 12/10/2018 at 6:13 PM, tony@CIC said:

Har, so yoga is considered static or dynamic? Not being an expert my initial response would be static.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Hey all. Wanted to clear up a few things since this post seemed to have a few misconceptions in it.

Static stretching is what you would typically think of what stretching is (i.e reaching down to touch your toes & holding that position). Doing these types of stretches before golfing WILL NOT increase your risk of injury. However, if you do a very long session of static stretching, you might decrease your force production due to the muscle being overlenghtened and not in an optimal position for muscle corssbridging to occur (actin & myosin filaments). Dynamic stretching is basically moving while stretching, like arm circles for instance. My recommendation would be to do this type of stretching before golfing, specifically with trunk rotation and shoulder mobility as these are the prime movers in a golf swing. 

In reference to yoga, keep doing it! A lot of the types of movements in yoga are great for increasing your total body mobility. Nothing wrong with doing this before golfing. Hope this helps guys!