TESTERS WANTED! ×

Hello from North Carolina

Hello to all.

I'm just getting back to golf after a multi-year medical break.  I was playing 4-5 times week from 2005-2010, and started doing ladies Long Drive in 2009.  My profile photo is my tee shot on Hole #4 at Tidewater Golf & Country Club in Myrtle Beach, SC in November, 2008, 255 yards from the red tees.  (Yes, I made the putt! LOL)  Unfortunately, by 2012 I was having trouble with my lower back, and have barely played since 2013.  In October, 2016, I had major back surgery, and was finally cleared to play again  3 months ago.  

I'm a very different golfer now than I was then:  I'm a half an inch taller, my flexibility is completely different, and of course, I'm older now, too. (duh!!)  I've been working with a swing coach since late spring, and 2 weeks ago we decided it was time for a major overhaul of my clubs.  Currently in the bag: Ping G400MAX driver, 5wood and 4i hybrid, Titleist 775 CB's just re-shafted with UST recoil shafts, Cleveland SmartSole S + C wedges, and my trusty Rife putter.  I've played about 6 or 8 times this summer, but many hours on the range.  My best handicap was about a 10, but currently breaking 100 is not a given.  I have not played at all with the newly reconfigured clubs yet....just too hot here. 

Outside of golf, I'm a nurse...program manager for the Advanced Liver Disease clinic at a major hospital, and also go to school full-time for a Master's in Nursing Informatics.  I have a wonderful significant other, Jake, who also golfs but had knee surgery 2 months ago and is out until next spring.  I like to read, cook...Italian especially, and I'm finally able to slowly get back into horseback riding. 

I found this site when doing some research on the new shafts for my irons.  I enjoyed the ladies golf review, and look forward to spending more time here!

May the course be with you.....

Welcome to the group. We don't have many ladies here but I think you'll find this is a good place for everyone. Glad to hear you're back in the game.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Greetings from northwest Ohio. Great intro!

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Welcome to MGS forums your Majesty- Hope you stick around, good bunch in here.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Welcome from Georgia!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I echo everyone else's sentiments--- welcome--- I knew that was Tidewater when I saw the pic. And yes you are 100% correct it is as hot and humid as Hades here but I played at least 18 every day the last 9 days since I was on vacation. I always carry my cooler with plenty of ice and water since I am on Diuretics and have to drink plenty of water 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest!  Glad you joined us.  Nice intro!!  My wife had back surgery 10 years ago, and it made a big difference in her golf game.  Now she gets upset if she doesn't break 90.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Welcome, glad you're able to make a full recovery and enjoy golf again. Enjoy the ride and stay safe during hurricane florence

#PowerToThePlayer

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Thanks for the warm welcome!  I laughed out loud at "Your Majesty...."  :blush:

Huntington...uhhh...Garden City, SC?  Please make sure you take appropriate precautions during the storm!!  I'm further inland now, although I just moved here (just south of Winston-Salem area) a year ago from Wilmington, NC.  We're watching it, and expect some rain and wind, but nothing like what it will be closer to the coast. 

In a strange stroke of luck, the swing coach I was working with moved to a course that is just a few minutes from where I work when I go into the office.  They have a very nice practice facility there, and we plan to spend most of the rest of the fall fine tuning short game stuff, and probably not a whole lot of full swing just yet.  I did play a few weeks ago in Pinehurst with my regular golf buddies.....a group I go back to the old days with.  They were very patient with my unpredictability, and a great time was had by all.

Super fun course:   The Cradle, Pinehurst short course.  Anyone played there??  789 yards, shortest hole is 51 yards, longest 127.  They give you a Sunday bag, and you walk the course.  Golf Digest wasn't kidding when they said it was the "Most Fun 10 acres in golf!!!!"

May the course be with you.....

Greetings from Idaho! Always great (but rare unfortunately) to welcome in a new lady golfer to the forums. Great intro and can't wait to see/hear you around-cheers!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Welcome to MyGolfSpy!

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Welcome to My Golf Spy!

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to MGS from the PNW

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Archived