2 Weeks Remaining: MODERATOR WANTED Join the MyGolfSpy Staff! Read more... ×

For many years, the Titleist blade model was called "the Titleist Tour Model."

Wilson Staff.

MacGregor Tourney.

Spalding Top Flite.

PowerBilt Citation

Titleist Tour Model.

Then the marketing people who did serious hallucinogens in college all got hired.

• Like 3

Lol - have they got something against vowels?

To be honest, if you took away the script on the hosel, I would have guessed it was something from Nike (when they were still making weird clubs) or our wacky friends at Tmag

For many years, the Titleist blade model was called "the Titleist Tour Model."

Wilson Staff.

MacGregor Tourney.

Spalding Top Flite.

PowerBilt Citation

Titleist Tour Model.

Then the marketing people who did serious hallucinogens in college all got hired.

Is it bad that I read all of your posts in the voice of Grandpa Simpson?

We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones... 

• Like 5

Lol - have they got something against vowels?

To be honest, if you took away the script on the hosel, I would have guessed it was something from Nike (when they were still making weird clubs) or our wacky friends at Tmag

Was definitely going to say the same thing - if it didn't say Titleist I would have thought it was an old nike Prototype 

I actually like the look. Kind of futuristic. Will be keeping an eye out for more info on where it would slot in its current lineup.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Really like the look of it. Has to be some kind of hollow iron with some tech on the inside right?

Seems a shame if it is just a new style of blade/MB. Not sure you should call it a new concept if it us just a new design on the back of a blade.

New T-MB design?

• Like 1

Really like the look of it. Has to be some kind of hollow iron with some tech on the inside right?

Seems a shame if it is just a new style of blade/MB. Not sure you should call it a new concept if it us just a new design on the back of a blade.

New T-MB design?

I was thinking this too. It was not so long ago they had the C4 concept made from multi-materials which was a bit more ground breaking. Fast forward to now and this "concept" looks like a mixture of AP1, AP2,  AP3 & T-MB - or everything in their current range. It looks like a hollow cavity design as well, which seems to be de rigeur at the moment - only the tech goo inside gets a name change between each OEM. "Power Gel" anyone?

• Like 1

Is it bad that I read all of your posts in the voice of Grandpa Simpson?

You're not my target audience, jlukes.

I am.  That's what venting is all about.

See the beagle, skip the post..

That should give Grandpa Simpson a rest

Looks cool. The “Cncpt” font is a bit too futurist for me but the head shape and milling look cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the look. Ping's clean irons lately have me really liking the minimalist designs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

Interesting! Very interesting!

Probably going to be like $225 per club.

I like the look. Ping's clean irons lately have me really liking the minimalist designs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Exactly my thoughts.

• Like 1

If they ain't a solid forged piece of metal they are stupid.

This is a perfect “modern” blade looking club. Ditch the CNCPT, just leave Titleist on the hosel, no offset, thin top line... perfect club.

• Like 4

Something about the Titleist writing and hosel leading into the head throws me. Maybe it is as though it goes from traditional Titleist writing to the very futuristic cncpt, but looks a bit off to me.

All that being said can't see that at setup so I'll reserve complete judgment. But not sold at first sight.

• Like 1

That is pretty out of the box for Titleist. Does look like a Nike design, especially the name. I am sure they perform though. I do not see Titleist sacrificing performance for looks.

• Like 1

I actually like the look. Kind of futuristic. Will be keeping an eye out for more info on where it would slot in its current lineup.

I like the look too, but Titleist isn't normally the company that goes for futuristic. When I hear Titleist, I think classic. This most likely won't appeal to Titleist's fandom. Most people who are Titleist loyalists have more traditional tastes not futuristic taste.

Futuristic is more of a market share that TM, Callaway, or Nike would hold.

They look sweet though, I hope they perform well.