TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver, Fairway Woods and Hybrids

hckymeyer

September 12 From GolfSpy_Rob

When a company that a few years ago had one of the best club lineups in the industry from top to bottom with the J15 iron lineup and the J715 and J815 drivers, just disappears from the club market it gets people talking. And boy have they been talking, golf forum abound have been discussing, “What happened to Bridgestone� for the better part of the last 12 to 18 months. And rightfully so when it comes to clubs.

Bridgestone made a big PR splash by announcing the signing of Tiger Woods almost two years ago to play its ball. It was an interesting signing at the time that has been much discussed over the past 22 months. And judging on this years results, it appears to have been great forward thinking move.

But back to the clubs, after the J15 lineup ran its course, the company mysteriously and without ever fulling saying stopped producing a full lineup of clubs. Bridgestone has offered on a limited basis its Tour B X line of drivers, fairway woods, irons and wedges. But they were not widely promoted or widely available without making a real effort to search them out.

That all ends today, with the introduction of the new Tour B JGR lineup. It features the following:

• Tour B JGR Driver
  • Tour B JGR Fairway Woods
  • Tour B JGR Hybrids
  • Tour B JGR HF1 irons
  • Tour B JGR HF2 irons

This review will focus on the driver, fairway woods and hybids thoughts from each of us, reviews of the iron can be found here..https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/25613-bridgestone-announces-new-tour-b-jgr-lineup/

Bridgestone reached out to MY Golf Spy last month and asked for a select few members of the forum to receive a full set of these clubs to put in play and review for the forum on launch day. However the caveat was it was pre-release so there could be no general announcement or discusion on the forum until the media embargo date was up.    So the MGS Staff team met and came up with three members,  we felt have proven over their time on the site to be trustworthy---NDA's had to be signed to not discuss the irons with anyone on the forum—and active and have proven their selves in previous reviews.

MaxEntropy
MattF
MGoBlue100

I joined these members as the lead of the test team, and for the past month we've been playing them and compiling our thoughts and pictures to be shared with everyone today.

So today we reveal our—modified versions of Stage 1's with some Stage 2 also included as to provide as much as we can about our experiences over the past three weeks. We will add more thoughts  right around October 8th when they become available to the public.

Below are our thoughts to date. As always feel free to jump in the conversation and ask all the questions you'd like, we're getting tired of talking to each other about these, and I know we all have a lot of thoughts on each part of the lineup.

Complete Wood Set Pic.jpg

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver/3 Wood/Hybrids – Official MGS Forum Review by MaxEntropy

IMG_2856_Small.JPG

Damn I wish I could hit a driver! Over the past few years, I have gone through phases where I hit it well for a while and then it abandons me and gets put in timeout until I have a chance to get to the range and re-establish a level of comfort with it. Understanding this has more to do with me than the club, I still want some consistency and if a club can help with that, I'm all for it. The JGR has the promise of technology designed to help mitigate issues when the contact is anything but pure. Power Mill Technology is the pattern milled into the face to help reduce spin, regardless of where on the face it was struck. It also has a built-in draw bias to limit what so many of us weekend warriors possess – the dreaded slice. Ribs on the sole are intended to keep the sole from flexing for increased ball speed and the crown is designed with internal and externals features to aid in flexing for a high launch.

IMG_2863_Small.JPG

This review is not just about the driver, though. We were also asked to review at 15 degree 3 wood, and 19 and 22 degree hybrids.

IMG_2867_Small.JPG

Here are my current games for this review:

Driver: Adams Speedline Fast 10 with a Prolaunch Blue 55 g shaft

3W: Callaway Razr Fit with a Tour AD YSQ-ST 75 g shaft

3H: TaylorMade RBZ with stock 65 g shaft.

The 3W and 3H will be pretty difficult for the JGR's to displace as they have been the closest thing I have to "go-to" clubs.

So far, I do not feel as though I have had enough time with the woods to make many definitive statements about their performance, so that section will be a work in progress.

Looks (9 out of 10)

In general, I am a very big fan of the appearance of these (except for the JGR design and branding as I pointed out in the iron thread). The crown is not terribly busy and is glossy black with midnight blue undertones that can be difficult to perceive. Overall, it makes for a nice effect. I have not noticed any issues related to glare from the glossy surface. The following pictures do not really do the clubs justice, but take a look...

IMG_2843_Small.JPG

IMG_2842_Small.JPG

IMG_2852_Small.JPG

IMG_2857_Small.JPG

One of the things I have always loved about my RBZ is that the head shape appears to be closer to a "traditional" metal wood shape which is more pleasing to my eye, so I had concerns about the visual aspects of the JGR hybrids, but this became a non-issue really fast - like as soon as I started hitting them.

IMG_2871_Small.JPG

Sound and Feel (10 out of 10)

I love the sound produced by these woods on a solid strike. For the driver, it is almost a little loud, but also an extremely satisfying, solid sound. The 3W and hybrids just sound solid, almost reminding me of the sound of a persimmon wood. Again, I really like it. On the few occasions I have put a good swing on the ball and hit it in the center of the club face, it almost feels as if there was not a ball there - it just feels good!

Range Performance (17 out of 20)

At this point, I have much more experience on the range than I do the course and feel comfortable scoring this area, especially for the driver and 3W. The first time I had these clubs there, I was shocked at how it seemed almost difficult to do much of anything besides hit a small draw or a fade with the driver, if the ball did not fly perfectly straight. As advertised, all these clubs launch higher compared to my current gamers and appear to be every bit as long as my current clubs and very likely longer. Of course, that swing didn't stay with me and I ultimately figured out how to hit some pretty bad shots with them. During the last trip to the range, I took the Driver, 3W, 7 iron, and PW. After a few balls to attempt to groove the driver or 3W, I would hit one shot with the 7i or PW to sort of simulate playing. For the most part, I believe I have sorted out what is required of me to get the most out of these clubs, if only I had a more repeatable swing.

I reduced the score a few points mostly as a result of not really needing the high launch characteristics built in to these clubs - I've never really had a problem getting the ball in the air and have always wanted more roll.

On-Course Performance (XX out of 40)

I do not have much in the way of definite observations to offer on the driver or 3W - I need more time with them. There have been some successes, but ultimately I have not developed the level of comfort I need just yet, especially given my general inability to hit a driver.

The hybrids? That's another story. I love these hybrids! They are longer than expected (when the ground was dry, I had a couple 4H tee shots approaching 220 yards) and I do not have much trouble hitting them straight. I posted a screenshot in the "How did you play thread" about an experience I had last week. Our league was done, but we keep playing until there is not enough light. One of the par 4's is a very short dogleg right and the smart play is an iron past the biggest tree on the right (getting far enough so the tree does not interfere with the second shot can be a pain, because long is not good, either). I decided to take a risk and see if I could get the ball high enough, fast enough to get up and over the trees. I used the JGR 4H. The ground was damp and the green soft, so the ball rolled about three feet after landing. I missed the eagle putt, but will take a tap-in birdie all day.

Screenshot_20180904-204330_Small.jpg

The tees were closer to the front of the tee box, so the required carry was more like 190 to get past the bunker guarding the front. I currently have no club in my bag that would have allowed for me to successfully pull off this shot - nothing gets up fast enough to get over the trees, so I have never considered it as an option.

Play it or Trade it (XX out of 20)

Thus far, I am still up in the air on this. The driver will stay - it seems less "wild" than my old Adams. It has yet to "wow" me like it has Rob, but that is a "me" problem, not a club problem. The hybrids will definitely stay, especially the 4H. The JGR 3H is very close to the RBZ, but a little longer, so it will stay to maintain better gapping. That leaves the 3W.... I understand why Henrik Stenson has reportedly asked Callaway to scour the earth collecting all the heads he currently uses. I have loved this 3W since I got it for $10 off the used rack at a golf shop. I'm not saying the Razr Fit will stay in the bag, necessarily, but the JGR will have it's work cut out for it. To give it a fair chance, I need to hit it a LOT more. I think I'll use it exclusively off the tee for a few weeks and see what happens.

This thread will be updated frequently so please make a point of visiting again. Ask questions, too! If there is something we have not addressed that you would like to hear, let us know.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I think many of you here "know" me from my previous reviews, posts, and general sarcastic sense of well... everything.  I have had a really poor Summer of golf, mainly due to the recovery from a ladder incident in January.  I'll say it again in case you didn't read the original thread:  Stay off ladders!  You can hire professionals to do that.  (If you ARE a professional doing that, PLEASE be careful.)  Anyway, I've been slowly rounding into form, and had passed on even throwing my name into the hat for any product reviews so far this year, because I didn't feel, quite honestly, that I could play (or even swing) well enough to do justice to any type of club review.

I was very surprised and flattered to have the opportunity to review these clubs.  I toured the Bridgestone ball manufacturing facility with GolfSpy Barbajo in March 2016.  The facility was cool, and was very similar to a facility where he and I had worked together previously.  In addition to the tour of the ball plant, we also were given access to Bridgestone's club and ball testing facility, where we saw their robotic club testing machines, their high-speed camera capability (impressive!) and their 400-yard-long laser-flat driving range! (Yes, it's SUPER COOL!)  While we were there, we went through a Bridgestone ball fitting, and also had the chance to hit the original series JGR Driver and the original JGR Hybrid Forged irons, I believe the predecessor to this current generation's HF-1 irons.

I was very fortunate that day to head home with a 9.5 JGR driver mounted to a Graphite Design DI-6x shaft.  This was the first time I had ever been fit for a driver, and it was a revelation.  It has been in my bag as my gamer since that day.

The new Bridgestone Tour B JGR driver ball flight is similar to what I'm used to with the previous gen JGR.  I'm a slight fader of the ball, especially off the longer clubs, and even though these clubs have a draw bias, I still see a 5-10 yd fade when I make what I consider my "normal" swing.  Similar looks from the older JGR to the current edition, but also some significant differences:

Photo Sep 02, 11 24 49 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 02, 11 25 29 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 02, 11 26 06 AM.jpg

I've only had one opportunity to play the driver, 3W and hybrids on the golf course, (my work is unfortunately really getting in the way of my golf these last few weeks) but I have had several range opportunities, which initially are probably better for review purposes anyway.  These clubs are intended for the game improvement segment of the golf population, and I would consider myself (13.1 handicap) part of that group.  With that said, I'm also fitted into x-flex shafts, which proved to be a little problematic when we began the process for this review.  The stock shafts for the JGR woods and hybrids are the UST Mamiya Recoil ES series.  Unfortunately those shafts are not available in x-flex.  We discussed having the stiff shaft tipped to add some stiffness, but Bridgestone was kind enough to substitute the UST Mamiya ProVorce V2 7F5 x-flex shaft in my driver.  I believe this is a no charge available upgrade to the JGR.  There are also a myriad of other no upcharge and additional cost shafts available for you to build your driver to your exact requirements.

I like the ProForce V2 7F5 x shafts overall, although the shaft is a little "whippier" than the Graphite Design DI-6 x I have in my existing JGR. To be expected I suppose. I have to remember to swing the driver and 3W with some rhythm, which admittedly can be a struggle for me.  (Hence the x-flex requirement to begin with.  News Flash: Its not always swing speed kids:  aggressive transition kills!)

Some might find the color combo of the JGR and the Proforce V2 a little bright, but it does make people look:

Photo Sep 05, 6 35 51 PM.jpg

Due to my leg injury, my swing still isn't really where it had been in the past.  I had been averaging about 265yds total distance with my JGR driver in previous seasons.  I don't get on a launch monitor often, so I can't tell you what my exact launch conditions were or are.  However, I can attest that this new generation JGR is DEFINITELY hotter than the previous gen.

This toe hit (pic) carried about 225; close to where I was landing my previous JGR gamer on the range.  Measured this with my Precision Pro Nexus rangefinder.

Photo Sep 05, 6 21 42 PM.jpg

Little more in the center in the face, still slightly to the toe, carried at least 245.

Photo Sep 05, 6 32 50 PM.jpg

I have been pretty loyal to Callaway fairway and hybrid products traditionally.  I have been carrying a Razr Fit Xtreme 3W and Steelhead XR hybrids.  The JGR three wood off the tee hits the ball very high, which would be fantastic for me if that continues as I get used to playing it and the ProForce V2 7F5 x flex shaft.  Carry and overall distances are right in the same range as my Callaway.

The three and four hybrid also hit the ball very high and seem to have the carry distance that I am used to with my Callaway products.  The clubs have a nice clean look at address:

Photo Aug 25, 9 47 49 AM.jpg

I put all the Woods & hybrids into the bag immediately when they arrived at my house.

I'm writing this, of course from the road on business.  However, I'm headed home to South Carolina tomorrow, and as long as Hurricane Florence doesn't interfere, I'll be on my way Saturday to SW FL for six days of golf and relaxation!  Stay tuned to the Weather Channel, and stay tuned here for a LOT more information after I get back!

Photo Aug 25, 9 31 11 AM.jpg

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

G'day Bruces!

I'm back again in this thread with my initial thoughts on the woods and hybrids. I'll update this as time goes on and I get more play with the clubs.

20180915_105717.jpg

The driver was a blessing and a curse for me. I was looking at getting a new driver, so being able to test this one was a blessing but the curse is the draw bias. Yes, I do need a bit of help with the driver but not as much help as Bridgestone is giving us with the club. If you didn't read above, the driver comes with a massive 35g of weight in the heel. 25g internally and 10g removable.

On the range it seemed like I could not hit the club wrong, however, on the course it proved to be a hook machine. I DO NOT hit a hook but I do with this club, it was very frustrating to the point where I was hitting 3 wood off the tee. But, I put a call into Rob, who called Bridgestone and they're sending me a 2g weight...fortunately my Mizuno wrench fits the Bridgestone club.

For the time being I've gone old school and am using lead tape that I cut into 1" strips. This seems to have done the trick, at least on the range. I'm getting a nice high and long ball flight. I took the Mizuno JPX-EZ with me today, cranked it down to 10.5° and it just didn't have the length of the JGR.

20180915_105728.jpg

20180915_105157.jpg

The club feels very solid when you hit it and the addition of the tape has given it a nice heft. I like it so much now, that it has earned my Manly Sea Eagles head cover.

20180915_110415.jpg

The 3 wood I really liked from the outset. It performs just like the JPX-EZ and was the first club to stake its spot in the bag. It's great off the tee and is just a beast when I get it right off the deck. At this stage it's a keeper for sure.

20180915_105717.jpg

The hybrids I've only hit a handful of times but the first time I hit the 4 in anger I was hitting out of the rough and it didn't have an issue getting through to the ball at all. In fact, it was one of the best shots I hit that day, a nice little draw to the middle of the fairway 205 yards further down the course. The 3 hybrid has given me some issues with a quite severe hook, but we've had a talk (more like me making threats) and hitting it today at the range was like the 4, a nice little draw. It remains to be seen if it has taken the talk to heart, but I'm willing to take the risk.

There are micro grooves on the driver and I'm buggered if I know what they're meant to do but here's a photo of them.

20180915_105150.jpg

At address the driver looks, to me, like a typical driver. For mine, it's about the sound and this thing sounds like it means business. It's just a nice solid noise when you hit it.

20180915_105755.jpg

So, that's my initial thoughts, but I will be back with a complete breakdown like the other guys have done.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

A separate thread for the Tour B JGR HF2 iron reviews can be found here  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/25613-official-forum-review-bridgestone-tour-b-hf2-irons/

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Today's blog post on the JGR lineup can be found here:

https://mygolfspy.com/first-look-bridgestone-tour-b-jgr-irons-metal-woods/

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Just posted my thoughts on the driver in the iron thread.  One of those days....or lives!  The results don't surprise me.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I've seen this driver in action and it's definitely the best Rob has hit a driver since I've known him. I agree on the looks and sound of it.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I've seen this driver in action and it's definitely the best Rob has hit a driver since I've known him. I agree on the looks and sound of it.

Thanks!! At least it kept me in the same zip code as your!!

Nice write up Rob, makes me want to try it even more but you can't get Bridgestone Woods/metals in the home of golf anywhere! :(

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

The face looks a little taller and not as wide correct? This is based on the head profile/look in the address photos. Does the head look a little smaller?

A definite plus in my book!

@Rob is the PING out of the bag now?

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

Longer than the G400?

It must be if you've reached trouble that has always been out of reach before?

Cant say I like the yellow out on the toe...

but if its always in play, who cares...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Have to say I think the colors look fantastic but that is all a matter of opinion. It would make me stop and look if I were walking by it.

The face looks a little taller and not as wide correct? This is based on the head profile/look in the address photos. Does the head look a little smaller?

A definite plus in my book!

@Rob is the PING out of the bag now?

It's really hard to tell even looking at them side by side.  I'd say they are really close, but I'm not the most discerning person on things like that unless they are obvious.  I clicked a couple down and ditry pictures for you to see as a comparison here.   I tried to get them as close as possible on the same angle.

G400 and JGR comps.jpg

G400 and JGR Crown.jpg

Longer than the G400?

It must be if you've reached trouble that has always been out of reach before?

I'd say yes a bit, definitely more time with it will tell if that remains to be the case, or the usual honeymoon period.  But I've hit too many drives that Ihaven't hit in a while to say it's not longer.  A few of my playing partners have told me they haven't seen me drive like this in years. 

The toe graphics, you don't see them at address and the cover is on it when its in the bag, so no problem : :D

September 12, 2018

Tour B JGR Driver Review

attachicon.gif Full Bag Pic with Bag Full Shot.jpg

Overall Summary 98-100

Ok, I realize that score makes this driver almost perfect. Yeah? So it is. Understanding everything seems to have a honeymoon period, but this appears to be a marriage made to last. In the three weeks of testing, I've had it in play for two of the last three rounds in our league playoffs. I have shot my two lowest scores of the year in those two weeks. It has to start at the tee, if your tee shot is putting you out of bounds or not in position to reach the greens, then it's very hard to put up decent scores. While the irons have performed just as well, getting me in the fairway and further down the fairway sets it all up.

Dayuuuuummmm  that's a sharp looking cannon you got there in ya bag!  To say the least this is one impressive looking big stick and I enjoyed your write up.  

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Great start guys!!

I played the original JGR driver for the past 2 years and I like it a lot.  This one looks a little better.  I'm curious about MGoBlue's results because i think he has was playing the same driver.

Right now I'm playing the Wilson Staff Triton because I get more carry with it, but when the fairways firm up this fall and winter, the JGR goes back in the bag because I get more roll.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Again more great stuff guys! Interesting that the driver had such an instant effect on your game Rob 🤔

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Have to say I think the colors look fantastic but that is all a matter of opinion. It would make me stop and look if I were walking by it.

I like the splash of yellow on the toe, but I'm not a huge fan of the JGR design. As Ros said, you can't see it at address.

It's really hard to tell even looking at them side by side.  I'd say they are really close, but I'm not the most discerning person on things like that unless they are obvious.  I clicked a couple down and ditry pictures for you to see as a comparison here.   I tried to get them as close as possible on the same angle.

attachicon.gif G400 and JGR comps.jpg

attachicon.gif G400 and JGR Crown.jpg

Thanks Rob. I would say the face is basically the same but from above it looks a little smaller than the G400. I like it, same face but looks smaller at address.

Thanks Rob. I would say the face is basically the same but from above it looks a little smaller than the G400. I like it, same face but looks smaller at address.

Yeah it does look a bit smaller from the top. I don't know if they had anything to do with the G400 Max having largest MOI of any driver or if thats just a coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

This is very cool for those involved. I personally like the secrecy element, we are spies after all!

Excellent point! I had not considered this fact.

Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver/3 Wood/Hybrids – Official MGS Forum Review by MaxEntropy

attachicon.gif IMG_2856_Small.JPG

Play it or Trade it (XX out of 20)

Thus far, I am still up in the air on this. The driver will stay - it seems less "wild" than my old Adams. It has yet to "wow" me like it has Rob, but that is a "me" problem, not a club problem. The hybrids will definitely stay, especially the 4H. The JGR 3H is very close to the RBZ, but a little longer, so it will stay to maintain better gapping. That leaves the 3W.... I understand why Henrik Stenson has reportedly asked Callaway to scour the earth collecting all the heads he currently uses. I have loved this 3W since I got it for $10 off the used rack at a golf shop. I'm not saying the Razr Fit will stay in the bag, necessarily, but the JGR will have it's work cut out for it. To give it a fair chance, I need to hit it a LOT more. I think I'll use it exclusively off the tee for a few weeks and see what happens.

This thread will be updated frequently so please make a point of visiting again. Ask questions, too! If there is something we have not addressed that you would like to hear, let us know.

Good ole fashion honest review and I love it!   Great job 

Cleveland

47 49 AM.jpg

I put all the Woods & hybrids into the bag immediately when they arrived at my house.

I'm writing this, of course from the road on business.  However, I'm headed home to South Carolina tomorrow, and as long as Hurricane Florence doesn't interfere, I'll be on my way Saturday to SW FL for six days of golf and relaxation!  Stay tuned to the Weather Channel, and stay tuned here for a LOT more information after I get back!

Looking forward to your review and enjoy your time off in Florida!

Cleveland

Good ole fashion honest review and I love it!   Great job 

Thanks, OG!