TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver, Fairway Woods and Hybrids

hckymeyer

Hey Mgoblue, how are you liking the driver? I have the original JGR driver too and like it a lot but booted it for a XXIO X driver. I'm curious if the new jGR is more draw biased than the original?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Hey Mgoblue, how are you liking the driver? I have the original JGR driver too and like it a lot but booted it for a XXIO X driver. I'm curious if the new jGR is more draw biased than the original?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Was the original neutral or fade biased?

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Oh, it's draw biased. Internally there's 25g of weight in the heel and there's also a 10g removable weight externally in the heel.

I've put 4g of lead in the toe and Bridgestone also just sent me a 2g weight that I'm going to test this weekend. I WAS snap hooking a lot of tee balls.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

UPDATE: I haven't played in almost two weeks because I jacked up my back. I played today and started off with a tentative swing, but generally felt good. I had the best round in a couple years - 42/40 for an 82 (par 70). I made a point to hit as many D's and 3W's as practical to get more experience with them. Results were very good (a few screen shots below). Irons were only ok, I think I was being too tentative and skulled a few. Short game saved me - good enough chipping and clutch putting to end up with 26 putts.

Distances look strange in pics below because the driver plugged and all the 3w's got some decent roll, but I swear it seems like the 3w is flying almost as far as the driver, so I'm wondering if the shaft is maybe not quite a good match for me? Not sure, but overall I am pleased with both of them today as I had only 1 penalty and even the "bad" drives we're playable.Screenshot_20180929-143347.jpegScreenshot_20180929-143306.jpegScreenshot_20180929-143250.jpegScreenshot_20180929-143055.jpeg

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

• 2 weeks later...

This thread hasn't seen the light of day for a while, so it's time to bump it....

Another Update: I tweaked my back about three weeks ago, which sucked and put a serious damper on my golf activities - I have only played 45 holes in that time. At any rate, my understanding is we will not end up with the normal stage 2 and some of us had already graded in our initial posts, based on first impressions and 3 weeks with the clubs. I am currently working on a formal update to put a bow on this "super-secret" test, but here are my current thoughts on these woods.

DRIVER: I'm not sold on it just yet. While I have hit a few really nice shots with it (including driving the green on a ~250 yard par 4 at  @MattF's yearly family outing), I am almost as long with the 3W and more consistent. As I mentioned earlier, I'm wondering if it is not, at least partially, a shaft issue. The club is designed to be high launch, which I generally don't need, so if I were to get a lower launch shaft, would this work better for me? Perhaps....

3W: Now that I have quite a few more swings with this club, I am liking it more and more. I have had to adjust my grip a bit weaker compared to my old Callaway, presumably due to the draw bias (?). I'm only 5 - 10 yards shorter than the driver with this club and more accurate, so right now I see no need to pull the driver.

3H & 4H: These have been the star of the show out of all the woods. I am continually amazed at the distance and accuracy I am seeing from these clubs. Again, at @MattF's outing, there is another very short par 4 with a sharp dogleg right that was playing around 200 yards uphill. If you can't accurately hit a hard fade, you lay up about 150 yards off the tee. I told Matt I was going to pull the 4H and slice it around the bend. I hit it a bit thin and low, but it curved perfectly and we were on the fringe in 1. (Aside: this was a scramble and we couldn't two putt with 8 shots at it :() There is nothing in my old bag that would have allowed me to even attempt that shot. If the dogleg were the other direction, I don't even try - drawing the ball only happens by accident.

I'm hoping Matt, Rob, and MGoBlue are able to provide some updates, too!

First off Max is correct, there isn't a formal Stage 2 to this testing, it was more of a Pre Release Testing so that we could have some real life feedback out there on the forum on the day the lineup was announced, back on Sept 12th.

The line is available now as of Monday October 8th for accounts to order or display if they so choose.   Bridgestone still plans on getting the Test Drive program started back up, and is working toward that for sooner versus later.  

I'll add my updated thoughts just as Max did.

DRIVER: Just the opposite of my esteemed fellow tester.  This has definitely been the star of the show for me, although I haven't' driven any greenslike he has.  It has been generally a very straight fairway finder for me.   I've had very few misses with it, and they are usually the result of a either a lazy swing or trying to get too much out one.   I've played with a few different regular playing partners over the past two months, who have commented they've never seen me drive the ball better.   

JGR Driver Face.jpgJGR Driver Side View.jpg

So this could be a definite case of the shaft working differently for people.  That said, I should also clarify I ordered mine 1/2 short than standard.   That could be the reason for the increased accuracy, but I haven't lost any distance over my G400  Max and may actually be a few yards longer more consistently.   And the G400 has the custom fitted from TXG upgraded Fujikura Pro 2.0 shaft in it.   Ive been tempted to send the JGR off to have the same shaft installed in it, but I'm almost afraid to mess with a good thing.   

3W: If you read my earlier comments on this, you may recall I struggled with it.   But it was on a limited bases, as I do not hit a 3w often from the FW and I'm not so long with driver that i ever feel the need to lay back off the tee with a 3w.   That said, I have used this more the past two weeks from the fairway, and I may have found something with it.   I'm making solid contact with it, and getting great distance.   I did reach a green from 225 yards with it---counting the roll out--so that is something new I hadn't done before.  Even though previously i was using a shortened 5 wood that got me about 190 max.   

3 Wood Face.jpg3W with Ball at address.jpg

I really like the appearance of this club, and will continue to use it more often. 

3H & 4H: Jury still out on these, I've had some good shots with the 3H, mainly punching out of trouble and getting me a decent distance back down the fairway.  The 4H hasn't been nearly as consistent and long as my Titleist 816 H1.   

Complete Wood Set Pic.jpgHybrid W Ball at Address.jpg

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

40 minutes ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

JGR Driver Face.jpgJGR Driver Side View.jpg

So this could be a definite case of the shaft working differently for people.  That said, I should also clarify I ordered mine 1/2 short than standard.   That could be the reason for the increased accuracy, but I haven't lost any distance over my G400  Max and may actually be a few yards longer more consistently.   And the G400 has the custom fitted from TXG upgraded Fujikura Pro 2.0 shaft in it.   Ive been tempted to send the JGR off to have the same shaft installed in it, but I'm almost afraid to mess with a good thing.     

Complete Wood Set Pic.jpgHybrid W Ball at Address.jpg

thanks Rob.

It's  nevery occurred to me about shortening a shaft for better accuracy. Interesting.  I know that finding the fairway outweighs the slight loss in distance ( if any)?

PS - I love the graphics.

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Thanks for the updates guys. I’d love to get a hold of that driver for a few swings but nobody has them in stock yet around me. Keep us posted if you become aware of any national agreements they may get.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

thanks Rob.
It's  nevery occurred to me about shortening a shaft for better accuracy. Interesting.  I know that finding the fairway outweighs the slight loss in distance ( if any)?

PS - I love the graphics.

Yep. Absolutely gives you —well at least me—better conttrol of the club during the swing. Why do you think your 8 iron goes much straighter than your 4 iron. Same reason.

But be warned shortening a shaft can affect SW dramatically. So its always best to do it at the time of order and request they keep the SW near D2 or so by finding a heavier head

If its done post purchase you might need to add some leas tape. But the guys who are into clubu building can tell you more about that than i can.

Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver and HF2 irons Pre Release Testing

Wow Rob that G400 Max was a total bomber for you too. Sweet to hear that the JGR may be even better... that’s really saying something!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Wow Rob that G400 Max was a total bomber for you too. Sweet to hear that the JGR may be even better... that’s really saying something!

It really is saying something. The 400 is very good. But it doesn’t have s thing over this for me.

Additional note: Our Superintendent saw me on the course today came up to talk. I told him ti take a swing with it.

Cold out of his cart in his boots and no warmups. He hit a drive 20 yards past where he normally is on that hole.

He just looked at me and said “Holy MF’er, what the hell is this thing?”

He couldn’t believe it and followed me to the next hole. Same thing. Two more just as long. We’ll see if he places an order tomorrow. Ha

It really is saying something. The 400 is very good. But it doesn’t have s thing over this for me.

Additional note: Our Superintendent saw me on the course today came up to talk. I told him ti take a swing with it.

Cold out of his cart in his boots and no warmups. He hit a drive 20 yards past where he normally is on that hole.

He just looked at me and said “Holy MF’er, what the hell is this thing?”

He couldn’t believe it and followed me to the next hole. Same thing. Two more just as long. We’ll see if he places an order tomorrow. Ha

20 yards further that's impressive

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'll do my follow up this weekend as there's one or two more things I need to do before I can give my final thoughts.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Thanks for bumping this thread. I have been meaning to check in on it the past couple of days.  This thread and the Bridgestone wedge thread has really caught my eye.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Still listing the JGR driver as "Coming Soon" on the Bridgestone website.  Wasn't it supposed to launch on the 8th?  If that doesn't change I will be in MD hitting Rob's next Tuesday.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

1 hour ago, Wedgie said:

Still listing the JGR driver as "Coming Soon" on the Bridgestone website.  Wasn't it supposed to launch on the 8th?  If that doesn't change I will be in MD hitting Rob's next Tuesday.

yes, I confirmed that they did launch on the 8th...sounds like someone slept on that.   

But by all means, come on down to MD to hit mine.   Wait...you don't even have to come that far....check out his thread. 

Thanks for the follow-up Rob.  I need to be in Philly next Wednesday the 17th.  I will see if anyone in that area has them to hit.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Just now, Wedgie said:

Thanks for the follow-up Rob.  I need to be in Philly next Wednesday the 17th.  I will see if anyone in that area has them to hit.

Club Champion from what I know is supposed to be among the very first places to get them.  If you are going a bit south of Philly...Wilmington has a huge brand new 2nd Swing which my Bridgestone Rep raves about.  But not sure if they have any stock yet. 

Cool, thanks!  I'm sure I can make my way down there fairly easily.  Or I could wait until spring but where's the fun in that.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

UPDATE

Driver: This club was a struggle for me from the outset because of the extreme draw bias of the club. There's 25g of internal weight in the heel and a 10g removable weight in the heel. Bridgestone sent me a 2g weight twice because the first one they sent managed to make a break from the envelope they sent it in. The second one they sent in an envelope inside a box, so their was no getting out of that package. I bunged the 2g weight in and was still hooking the driver, so I put 4g of lead tape on the toe and that helped somewhat, but I still had a bit of a hook with it. I put another 2g of lead on the toe and it was a bit better but there was still something missing. So this weekend I took the midsize Pure DTX (I asked for midsize from Bridgestone but it seems they sent my clubs with standard grips) off my Mizuno and put it on the TBJGR, tweaked my swing a little bit, took 2g of lead off the toe and I was hitting it either straight or with a slight draw. If you suffer from a really bad slice, this would be a driver to look at but, if you hit a straight or draw ball, I couldn't recommend it. As it is now, it's hanging onto my bag by the skin of it's teeth and may not see next season.

20180915-105157.jpg

3 Wood: The 3 wood, in my opinion, is as good as my JPX_EZ. It's great off the tee and pretty easy to hit off the deck with my average being 211 yards vs 203 with the Mizuno. This club fought it's way into my bag and it won't be going anywhere soon. I also swapped the grip with a Pure DTX and it's just awesome to hit this club.

20180915-105717.jpg

Hybrids: I'll be honest and say that I wasn't too keen on the hybrids because of my past experience with "wood" shaped ones and my preference for "iron" type hybrids. I was pleasantly surprised when I hit these as they were quite easy out of different lies and I was getting a very nice increase in distance. Imagine my surprise when the first time hittingthese on the course I hit my 4H 206 yards, although my average is quite a bit less than that, compared to my Maltby 4H I'm averaging 12 yards longer with the TBJGR. So, both the 3 and 4 are sticking around but I need to work more with the 3 because I'm nowhere near as confident with it as I am with the 4.

20180915-105728.jpg

There you have it, Bridgestone have done a very good job with these clubs, although the driver could have been better without so much weight in the heel. They'll be hanging around my bag for the foreseeable, which is a surprise, as I didn't think anything would kick the Mizunos out .

Thanks again MGS and Bridgestone for the opportunity to test and review my new weapons.

In the bag:

Bag: 

UPDATE

Driver: This club was a struggle for me from the outset because of the extreme draw bias of the club. There's 25g of internal weight in the heel and a 10g removable weight in the heel. Bridgestone sent me a 2g weight twice because the first one they sent managed to make a break from the envelope they sent it in. The second one they sent in an envelope inside a box, so their was no getting out of that package. I bunged the 2g weight in and was still hooking the driver, so I put 4g of lead tape on the toe and that helped somewhat, but I still had a bit of a hook with it. I put another 2g of lead on the toe and it was a bit better but there was still something missing. So this weekend I took the midsize Pure DTX (I asked for midsize from Bridgestone but it seems they sent my clubs with standard grips) off my Mizuno and put it on the TBJGR, tweaked my swing a little bit, took 2g of lead off the toe and I was hitting it either straight or with a slight draw. If you suffer from a really bad slice, this would be a driver to look at but, if you hit a straight or draw ball, I couldn't recommend it. As it is now, it's hanging onto my bag by the skin of it's teeth and may not see next season.

20180915-105157.jpg

3 Wood: The 3 wood, in my opinion, is as good as my JPX_EZ. It's great off the tee and pretty easy to hit off the deck with my average being 211 yards vs 203 with the Mizuno. This club fought it's way into my bag and it won't be going anywhere soon. I also swapped the grip with a Pure DTX and it's just awesome to hit this club.

20180915-105717.jpg

Hybrids: I'll be honest and say that I wasn't too keen on the hybrids because of my past experience with "wood" shaped ones and my preference for "iron" type hybrids. I was pleasantly surprised when I hit these as they were quite easy out of different lies and I was getting a very nice increase in distance. Imagine my surprise when the first time hittingthese on the course I hit my 4H 206 yards, although my average is quite a bit less than that, compared to my Maltby 4H I'm averaging 12 yards longer with the TBJGR. So, both the 3 and 4 are sticking around but I need to work more with the 3 because I'm nowhere near as confident with it as I am with the 4.

20180915-105728.jpg

There you have it, Bridgestone have done a very good job with these clubs, although the driver could have been better without so much weight in the heel. They'll be hanging around my bag for the foreseeable, which is a surprise, as I didn't think anything would kick the Mizunos out .

Thanks again MGS and Bridgestone for the opportunity to test and review my new weapons.

Good stuff Matt.

I wouldn't say I struggled with a big slice. But 90% of my drives tend to be a solid 5 to 10 yard fade.

The draw bias in this driver is perfect for me. It has turned my drives into either straight or a very slight draw.

In either case it has worked out putting me in very good position off the tee.

Good update Matt. I wonder if working with the driver this winter will get you more comfortable with the draw bias of it

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

1 hour ago, Mr_Theoo said:

Good update Matt. I wonder if working with the driver this winter will get you more comfortable with the draw bias of it

Thank you mate. I think may be the case, plus I need the practice before I hit Florida with @revkev and @fozcycle in March.

In the bag:

Bag: 

On 9/25/2018 at 6:55 AM, bardle said:

Unfortunately Driver is my best club and I owe it to the ability to tinker.

For example, When I got my F7, I had the weight in the toe, a Regular flex shaft and an 11 degree loft, I was slicing everything and maxing out at 225 on good drives. 

I spent two range sessions playing with it and hit 150 balls. Put the weight in all 3 spots, turns out the Front worked best, then I lowered the loft and got my swing grooved. that put me at 9.5º.  Now I'm hooking things but swinging faster because it felt more comfortable and of course I was practicing.

I did some research and as an experiment bought a used F8 shaft in stiff for 50 dollars with the adapter installed, I plugged it in and after some quick practice, I was hitting it much better(same loft). 

That was 4 weeks ago, My last round I hit 85.7% of fairways and averaged 277 yds off the tee according to Arccos (granted that was a very good round for me). Prior to the tinkering I was at 29% FIR and a 205 avg distance...

Maybe its just me, but I feel like the flexibility to tinker and adapt is paramount nowadays, especially for beginners whose swings can change from month to month or even week to week given proper instruction. Due to my experience and being able to seamlessly switch out a shaft, I just don't see myself ever buying a driver that isn't adjustable no matter how good it is. I may be in the minority but I feel like it's at least worth hearing opinions on the topic.

Using the F8 shaft also could be helping.. it could have a slightly different bend point and being that it is stiffer might also be helping.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

With the way the weather has changed and with daylight getting shorter quickly, I may have played my last round for the season last night, so here are my current thoughts on the Tour B JGR family of woods.

DRIVER: The more I hit it, the more I am disappointed. I don't think my expectations were too high, but it just is not cutting it right now. My back has healed and my swing feels pretty good (although I was a bit stiff from my first session with a trainer at our gym Monday night), but the results are not good. See image below from last night. This hole is about 420 yards and last night was dead into a fairly stiff breeze. The ball mark on the driver face was just to the heel side of center, so not horrible contact. The ball flight was decent with a bit of a fade, ending up about 3 paces off the fairway,  BUT ONLY 200 YARDS LONG per Golf Pad, leaving 220 yards to the center of the green. Normally I would pull a hybrid (which one would depend on whether the course were firm or soft) but because of the wind and temperature being around 50 F, I grabbed the 3W. You can see the picture - I was pin high about 20 feet to the right for an "easy" par.

Screenshot_20181017-114958.png

I honestly am at a loss for what is going on, but my current thinking is (and has been for the last few weeks) that this shaft isn't right for me. Perhaps one of the more experienced guys can tell me if a shaft mismatch could make that big of a difference? More than likely I will end up going to a fitter at some point this winter to see what's up. Ultimately, I trust that the head is better than the results I am seeing, so I have to think it's the shaft.

3W, 3H, & 4H: The "love affair" with the hybrids continues and my conscious decision to hit more 3W's has paid off. I really like these clubs - they feel good and I have confidence in them, which is a beautiful thing! All three will be in my bag for the foreseeable future. I know the Bridgestone 3H is about 10-15 yards longer than my old TaylorMade 3H and the 4H is about equal to the old 3H. The gapping at the top of my old bag used to be a disaster with the transition from 3H to 5 iron leaving way too large of a gap. With the increased length in the irons and the 4H, I now have options when I get to the 185 - 200 range, which used to be a really bad distance for me. I can only guess about the distance comparison between the JGR and my Callaway - I don't have any tracked shots to really compare, but my gut tells me they are very similar, but the JGR seems a little easier to keep in play.

I am still trying to arrange time to get on a launch monitor to get firmer numbers for comparison for both this thread and the iron thread, but scheduling conflicts keep coming up with me and the friend who has access to one. I assume it will happen, I'm just not exactly sure when - when it does, I will update the threads.

Fire away with any and all questions and comments!

Yeah, if you’re hitting your 3w off the deck further than driver off the tee, you need to look at a fitting. Something is amiss. Have you tried 3w off the tee???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Yeah, if you’re hitting your 3w off the deck further than driver off the tee, you need to look at a fitting. Something is amiss. Have you tried 3w off the tee???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes and I've been pretty happy with it, but I have been making an effort to hit the driver more to see if I can figure it out. I've hit a few 3W's off the tee that are in the 240 range.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned in the Bridgestone iron thread, I had the chance to spend a little time on a simulator to get some data to go along with my perceived notions. The simulator was a TruGolf simulator that seems fairly accurate based on what I've seen on the internet and my observations after hitting on it. There was a serious time constraint, so I was not able to get all the data I wanted, but I got enough to make some real decisions:

Hybrids: I still love these hybrids and they are staying in my bag. I didn't even bother hitting them on the simulator because I feel like I have a good idea what they are capable of doing.

3W: When I last updated this thread, I felt like I was starting to get a grasp on hitting the 3W solid and was more than a little shocked at the following numbers:

JGR 3W:

JGR 3wood.jpg

Compared to this...

Callaway Razr Fit 3W:

Razr Fit 3wood.jpg

I was disappointed by the distances I was seeing from the Bridgestone - higher launch, higher spin, and slower off the face are not particularly pleasing to me. Unlike the case of the irons where outliers were messing with the dispersion, in this case, all the shots were decent contact so the dispersion is closer to reality. ever since I made the decision to hit the JGR 3W more, It did seem more accurate than my old Callaway. As I have wondered with the driver, I'm curious what a different shaft might do for me?

Driver: My friend and I had not really figured out the simulator software very well when I was trying to compare drivers, so I don't have any pictures, but I am still disappointed in the JGR driver. Out of 12-15 balls, the farthest I hit the Bridgestone was 250 yards (yes, 5 yards shorter than the max of my old 3W off the deck) with an average around 230 whereas my max distance with my 2010 Adams was 274 yards with an average around 255. As of right now, the Tour B JGR driver will be a decoration sitting in my old bag in the basement. I will likely revisit when spring comes, but as of now, it just isn't making the grade. I'm bummed by this because I think it is a beautiful club, but that doesn't help me score.

We are supposed to play in our league this afternoon for the last time this year. I took the JGR driver out of the bag and my plan is to hit tee balls with the Callaway 3W and the JGR 3W in any other instance that requires it just because I feel like it is more accurate with some supporting data.

I have it stuck in my head that the issues I am having have to be a shaft issue. Hopefully over the winter I can get to Club Champion and find out.

By the way, I forgot to mention in the iron thread, but the balls I used for every shot were the Tour B RX's that Bridgestone sent with the clubs.

Fire away with any questions/comments....

Gary VanSickle seems to like the Tour B JGR Driver!

http://www.morningread.com/features/b2733d69-45b1-4fec-a4ac-5fb56e3b7bdb

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member