hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver, Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Have to say I think the colors look fantastic but that is all a matter of opinion. It would make me stop and look if I were walking by it.

I like the splash of yellow on the toe, but I'm not a huge fan of the JGR design. As Ros said, you can't see it at address.

• Like 3

It's really hard to tell even looking at them side by side.  I'd say they are really close, but I'm not the most discerning person on things like that unless they are obvious.  I clicked a couple down and ditry pictures for you to see as a comparison here.   I tried to get them as close as possible on the same angle.

attachicon.gif G400 and JGR comps.jpg

attachicon.gif G400 and JGR Crown.jpg

Thanks Rob. I would say the face is basically the same but from above it looks a little smaller than the G400. I like it, same face but looks smaller at address.

• Like 1

Nice work fellas. BStone is bringing the Heat!

• Like 6

Thanks Rob. I would say the face is basically the same but from above it looks a little smaller than the G400. I like it, same face but looks smaller at address.

Yeah it does look a bit smaller from the top. I don't know if they had anything to do with the G400 Max having largest MOI of any driver or if thats just a coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

This is very cool for those involved. I personally like the secrecy element, we are spies after all!

Excellent point! I had not considered this fact.

• Like 3

Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver/3 Wood/Hybrids – Official MGS Forum Review by MaxEntropy

attachicon.gif IMG_2856_Small.JPG

Play it or Trade it (XX out of 20)

Thus far, I am still up in the air on this. The driver will stay - it seems less "wild" than my old Adams. It has yet to "wow" me like it has Rob, but that is a "me" problem, not a club problem. The hybrids will definitely stay, especially the 4H. The JGR 3H is very close to the RBZ, but a little longer, so it will stay to maintain better gapping. That leaves the 3W.... I understand why Henrik Stenson has reportedly asked Callaway to scour the earth collecting all the heads he currently uses. I have loved this 3W since I got it for $10 off the used rack at a golf shop. I'm not saying the Razr Fit will stay in the bag, necessarily, but the JGR will have it's work cut out for it. To give it a fair chance, I need to hit it a LOT more. I think I'll use it exclusively off the tee for a few weeks and see what happens.

This thread will be updated frequently so please make a point of visiting again. Ask questions, too! If there is something we have not addressed that you would like to hear, let us know.

Good ole fashion honest review and I love it!   Great job 

• Like 2

47 49 AM.jpg

I put all the Woods & hybrids into the bag immediately when they arrived at my house.

I'm writing this, of course from the road on business.  However, I'm headed home to South Carolina tomorrow, and as long as Hurricane Florence doesn't interfere, I'll be on my way Saturday to SW FL for six days of golf and relaxation!  Stay tuned to the Weather Channel, and stay tuned here for a LOT more information after I get back!

Looking forward to your review and enjoy your time off in Florida!

• Like 1

Great start guys!!

I played the original JGR driver for the past 2 years and I like it a lot. This one looks a little better. I'm curious about MGoBlue's results because i think he has was playing the same driver.

Definitely have been, yes. I'm finding myself wishing the JGR had an adjustable hosel, because I would LOVE to take a few other shafts for a spin. The face on this new Tour B JGR is HOT! To that I can attest. I may be searching for a different shaft over the winter.

• Like 3

How are the fairways and hybrids out of the rough?  Do you feel like they are cutting through as well as they should?

Are you able to dig a ball out of a divot if necessary?

How are the fairways and hybrids out of the rough? Do you feel like they are cutting through as well as they should?

I haven't been in a divot, so I can't talk to that point. I've had zero problems getting the ball airborne out of the rough. Granted, its been a pretty dry summer for us so most of the rough has relatively thin and dry, but with all the rain we had this week we'll hopefully get a better assessment soon. I haven't seen any reason to think it will be a problem, though.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

FYI, I'll be putting my Stage 1 up on Saturday...there's a couple of things that need to happen for it to be informative.

• Like 2

How are the fairways and hybrids out of the rough?  Do you feel like they are cutting through as well as they should?

I have hit the 3w once out of light rough.  The contact was clean and crisp, i pushed the shot way right, but that was more a path issue than club.  I wouldn't hesitate to do use it again from that same lie, maybe not deep rough though.

Last night I was faced with a lie where the ball was several inches below my feet on down-slope and nestled down between rough and some bare spots.    I took my time making sure I had a good solid stance, bent my knees enough to stay down on it.   And made a pretty solid pass at it.   It came out not real high probably more low to mid at most height, but got a good 150 or so yards out of it, which is all I was really hoping for to bet me back in position for my shot to the green (par 5) 

it did seem to come out pretty hot. 

• Like 4

As far as Drivers, Woods, and Hybrids how do these compare to other clubs you have played or tested? Cobra has the baffler technology which instills confidence to get after it in almost any lie. do these clubs give you the Confidence to "go for it"?? or do you feel solid and safe with them?? 

• Like 4

As far as Drivers, Woods, and Hybrids how do these compare to other clubs you have played or tested? Cobra has the baffler technology which instills confidence to get after it in almost any lie. do these clubs give you the Confidence to "go for it"?? or do you feel solid and safe with them??

I haven't had a lot of opportunities yet where I really had to “trust it”. With an admittedly small sample size, I do definitely trust the hybrids. Driver is solid, I'm not sure yet that I'm in love with the ProForce V2 shaft. We'll see if it makes it thru the winter.

I'm on my way Saturday to SW FL for six days of golf, testing & debauchery. I'll know more & have a BUNCH more to say by the end of the month.

• Like 4

Definitely have been, yes. I'm finding myself wishing the JGR had an adjustable hosel, because I would LOVE to take a few other shafts for a spin. The face on this new Tour B JGR is HOT! To that I can attest. I may be searching for a different shaft over the winter.

No adjustment on the shafts on any of the Woods?

• Like 1

No adjustment on the shafts on any of the Woods?

No sir. These are all bonded. IMG_5537.JPG

• Like 4

This was exactly why I asked the divot question.  I have the F8 fairway and I haven't met a lie yet that it can't go through

• Like 3