TESTERS WANTED! ×

Titleist Introduces Titleist Tour Rope Flat Bill Hat Collection

Golfspy_CG2

Introducing the new Titleist Tour Rope Flat Bill – now available through My Titleist on Titleist.com. 

Link: https://www.titleist.com/product/tour-rope-flat-bill/017HA1T.html 

Titleist Tour Rope Flat Bill 
 - A refreshed take on a classic design, our new Tour Rope Flat Bill features a trendy flat bill, braided rope and an adjustable, snapback closure for a style that's all its own. 
- Over the last few weeks, this hat style has been worn on the PGA Tour by Adam Scott, Rafa Cabrera Bello, Cameron Smith and Jason Kokrak. 

Product Details 
- Vintage style, inspired by the game's history 
- Trendy flat bill design 
- Braided rope accent, running across the wearer's front 
- As worn on Tour with authentic Tour logos 
- Organic cotton material and Titleist proprietary snapback closure 
- Antimicrobial, moisture-wicking sweatband 

Titleist Rope Flat Bill Hat pic 1.jpg

Titleist Rope Flat Bill Hat pic 2.jpg

Titleist Rope Flat Bill pic 3.jpg

Titleist Rope Flat Bill Pic 4.jpg

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Umm, what? Titleist seems to be going against its brand identity lately. I personally don't like flat bill hats, and the people that do, would be more inclined to gravitate toward Cobra.

Although, all that said, for a flat bill hat, they look pretty good.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Umm, what? Titleist seems to be going against its brand identity lately. I personally don't like flat bill hats, and the people that do, would be more inclined to gravitate toward Cobra.

Although, all that said, for a flat bill hat, they look pretty good.

I generally agree with you, but there's always been something about the way Charlie Hoffman pulls his off.   Maybe it was when he had the surfer dude haircut it was a bitter fit.   But yeah, not sure I could make it work for me. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Yay more Tour Rope, boo Flat Bill. I can't pull Flat Bill off, but I love the tour rope look, it's like a cool belt for your hat. Torn on this offering.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Here's a tip for everyone, the bill still bends 😏😉

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Not a fan of the rope at all. Could pull off the flat bill since I'm cool.

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

Here's a tip for everyone, the bill still bends

Correct if you do it redneck style by putting it in a qt Ball Mason jar. If one does not have any---- me or one of the Georgia Contingent can send you one no product included though :rolleyes:

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

They were showing those over on WRX the other night. Man it was funny on the comments. The flat bill guys did not like the rope and the old rope guys like me did not like the flat bill. I am going to get one when this storm passes and do exactly like I told Theoo put the bill in a QT Mason jar and let it sit a night or so. Ha Ha will piss off both sides of the tracks with that one. What is funny the other thing is I no longer play a Titleist ball or carry any Titleist clubs unless I have the rusty Scotty in the bag. LOL the bag a early Ping Hoofer and not a Ping Club in it. That hat may look good Redneck style with my Blues Brothers shades and cigar though. Personally I like it even with the flat bill 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Just needs some scrambled eggs on the bill and it would be %. Currently at 97%

Gotta be Navy blue then with a gold rope 

G

Yay more Tour Rope, boo Flat Bill. I can't pull Flat Bill off, but I love the tour rope look, it's like a cool belt for your hat. Torn on this offering.

Theoo and myself solved that problem for ya now go get one

G

Those pics made me laugh because at a certain age you out grow flat bill hats lmao. Love the effort though because Titleist is trying to market to a younger crowd which in turn will grow the game. Pretty cool but I doubt they will sell.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Those pics made me laugh because at a certain age you out grow flat bill hats lmao. Love the effort though because Titleist is trying to market to a younger crowd which in turn will grow the game. Pretty cool but I doubt they will sell.

Never have owned a flat billed hat per say. Some folks will buy them and not admit it on open forum because it is Titleist after all. Seriously hope they do ok with those because the folks at Titleist have families to feed too. But if they don't they will be on the reduced isle or on Amazon cheap and us Southern guys and one guy from the Columbus OH area know how to modify them

G

Sooooo....let me get this straight.  You want me to buy a hat with a OEM logo on it?  Seems to me that if Titleist wants me to wear their brand, they need to be coughing up some $$$ to me.  Otherwise, I've got about 100 non-OEM hats to choose from at the homestead that fit just fine.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Sooooo....let me get this straight.  You want me to buy a hat with a OEM logo on it?  Seems to me that if Titleist wants me to wear their brand, they need to be coughing up some $$$ to me.  Otherwise, I've got about 100 non-OEM hats to choose from at the homestead that fit just fine.

I have several plus visors but never bought one per say cash. Most of the  Titleist stuff I got when I was on a deal with Titleist when we had the golf store and played the minis some. Others I got for free a late friend of mine was I guess you could say a hat and visor ho. Everywhere he went he got a hat or visor. When he passed his wife gave me about 50 or 60 hats and visors unopened in the plastic. Everything from Addias to Ping. Mostly now days I wear a Pukka floppy hat that the GM at a course below me gave me or one of my straw wide brimmed hats from Goodwill at $1 each.

Funny hat story and shows you I do not give 2 rips about being "golfing correct" brand wise. I found a TM R-5 hat at Goodwill mesh style ball cap brand new in the plastic for $1 one day. Heck yes I bought it. Was wearing it on the range one day and these 2 tourist golfers showed up dressed to the 9s looking like they just stepped off the TM Tour Van I mean hats staff bags and all. I basically had the clubs in my signature in a raggedy old Titleist Stand bag. One of the guys looks over his nose at me and comments "R-5 man that is OLD !" I did not bat an eye told him yeah you think that R-5 is old look at those 2 V-Steel fairway woods in my bag and if you think they are old check out my Macgregor irons. They looked shocked. The V-Steel 7 wood I have owned darn near 15 years now and is on it's 3rd shaft due to me getting old

G

This is the shift of Major OEM's listening to their customers. The Charley Hoffman green mesh SnapBack was one example of the public begging them to make this. They followed suit.

Titleist has been for so long the band that plays whatever they want and wouldn't ever take a request.

If this is the trend then I hope hope hope that there is an x5 welded flow neck in the works.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

This is the shift of Major OEM's listening to their customers. The Charley Hoffman green mesh SnapBack was one example of the public begging them to make this. They followed suit.

Titleist has been for so long the band that plays whatever they want and wouldn't ever take a request.

If this is the trend then I hope hope hope that there is an x5 welded flow neck in the works.

They need to bring ALL of Rafa's hats to public sale. I don't really wear hats, but that man has some serious style with his colors. I was a Titleist fanboy for many many years, I still like them a lot. Not sure what they'd have to do to earn me back... but it probably wouldn't be much.

I took my old DCI OS irons to the range a few days ago... if they didn't have a mile of offset I would put them bag in the bag. For a cast club, they were butterish.

Shouldn't have sold my 990's... ☹️

Seems like a contradiction in style, let alone mixing generations. Something for everyone, I guess.

When you try to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

This fits Cameron Smith perfectly. He dresses classically, but is a young dude.

This is as throwback/classic as it comes.

I don't do flat bills but if I did this would be it. Has to have a slight curve, not the rubber band wrapped around a Copenhagen can soaked in water and let dry for 3 days curve...

I just look dumb in hats, and I wear one at work a lot so when I don't have to I don't wear them.

This fits Cameron Smith perfectly. He dresses classically, but is a young dude.

This is as throwback/classic as it comes.

I don't do flat bills but if I did this would be it. Has to have a slight curve, not the rubber band wrapped around a Copenhagen can soaked in water and let dry for 3 days curve...

I just look dumb in hats, and I wear one at work a lot so when I don't have to I don't wear them.

Forgot that trick except for me it would be a grizzly can

G

I have several plus visors but never bought one per say cash. Most of the  Titleist stuff I got when I was on a deal with Titleist when we had the golf store and played the minis some. Others I got for free a late friend of mine was I guess you could say a hat and visor ho. Everywhere he went he got a hat or visor. When he passed his wife gave me about 50 or 60 hats and visors unopened in the plastic. Everything from Addias to Ping. Mostly now days I wear a Pukka floppy hat that the GM at a course below me gave me or one of my straw wide brimmed hats from Goodwill at $1 each.

Funny hat story and shows you I do not give 2 rips about being "golfing correct" brand wise. I found a TM R-5 hat at Goodwill mesh style ball cap brand new in the plastic for $1 one day. Heck yes I bought it. Was wearing it on the range one day and these 2 tourist golfers showed up dressed to the 9s looking like they just stepped off the TM Tour Van I mean hats staff bags and all. I basically had the clubs in my signature in a raggedy old Titleist Stand bag. One of the guys looks over his nose at me and comments "R-5 man that is OLD !" I did not bat an eye told him yeah you think that R-5 is old look at those 2 V-Steel fairway woods in my bag and if you think they are old check out my Macgregor irons. They looked shocked. The V-Steel 7 wood I have owned darn near 15 years now and is on it's 3rd shaft due to me getting old

Little did they know, those guys would have lost their wallets if they would have played you in a money match.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Not a flat brim guy either......old school curve for me. I remember the rope line from back I; the 80's......used to curve my brim around a baseball bat with rubber bands....always preferred the curve.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Want to pull off a flat brim but my head shape won't allow it depends on the hat material too, if it's a softer fabric I could kinda sorta make it work, but most of the time it looks funny on me. The rope style doesn't work for me either

#PowerToThePlayer

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Archived