Fall Golf. Best Time of the year?

Our Sponsors

I love fall golf here in Denver. Prices are usually a little cheaper, courses are still in fantastic condition, colors around the area are beautiful and it's easy to find tee times. Only drawbacks are no more tournament opportunities and I know winter is on its way but I love fall golf.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love summer golf, but my favorite time for golf is fall..    I love the fact that the courses in the PNW are usually still in great shape, the weather is still great, the courses less crowded, wit

Fall golf is beautiful, but finding your ball in the leaves sucks!     Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In addition to the pros already mentioned (best weather, beautiful colorful backdrops), I'd add this: fall rates! This is the time of year I'm willing to stray from my home course and play courses tha

Posted Images

Yes, summer is too hot, the rest of the year is great.

SoCal is the retired golfers place to be...

Worst case scenario all year is a light sweatshirt, typically just in the morning while we're freezing in the low 60's

• Like 1

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Yes, summer is too hot, the rest of the year is great.

SoCal is the retired golfers place to be...

Worst case scenario all year is a light sweatshirt, typically just in the morning while we're freezing in the low 60's

60's and sweatshirts???? That's balmy weather for us in the Midwest. Maybe we might transition to long pants vs. shorts.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

60's and sweatshirts???? That's balmy weather for us in the Midwest. Maybe we might transition to long pants vs. shorts.

Yeah, up here in MN it is 95° today with a 101° heat index.

Next week is thunderstorms for 3 days and then 60°. How about one 75° day?

This might be better suited to the rant thread.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Yeah, 60s is considered “freezing” in SoCal. I don't miss New York winters at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen1 0811X 12° driver w/Project X Evenflow Blue 55g shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

:srixon-small: Z355 22° 7 wood w/Miyazaki Jinsoku shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 19° 3 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

:tour-edge: HL E521 25° 5 hybrid w/Fubuki HD55 shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg Sti2 6 iron w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 Tour+ irons 7-PW w/UST Competition Series graphite shafts

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50° wedge w/Rotex shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:cleveland-small:  Huntington Beach Soft Premier 10.5

I would be wearing a heavy sweatshirt at 60. Brrrr

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

53º right now.  It will be 64º when we tee off, headed for a high of 72º.  It will be in the 70's for the next 10 days at least.  Of course it's sunny!  Love fall golf!!!

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Agreed, really enjoy the Fall .. well, except for the aforementioned leaves that occasionally swallow your ball whole! .. but really looking forward to a few nice rounds over the next few months after losing most of the Summer season to family issues, too much brutal heat or drenching rain plus a bit of a personal issue... And Fall is the time for a few good surf sessions, too!

• Like 2

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

53º right now. It will be 64º when we tee off, headed for a high of 72º. It will be in the 70's for the next 10 days at least. Of course it's sunny! Love fall golf!!!

I'm jealous of you right now. This time of year here in Tennessee it still reaches 90+ degrees, which is rough to play in.

I love playing once the weather cools and often will until the temps get below 40. I love the fact that the courses become less crowded and I'm not sweating profusely.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

I'm jealous of you right now. This time of year here in Tennessee it still reaches 90+ degrees, which is rough to play in.

I love playing once the weather cools and often will until the temps get below 40. I love the fact that the courses become less crowded and I'm not sweating profusely.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I remember fall being pretty nice in Knoxville.

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Fall golf in new england is a match made in heaven....the colors changing on the leaves is a feast for the eyes....you start to not care about 5 hour rounds much....without a doubt my favorite time to play.

• Like 4

P G410 LST | C King F7 | C SuperHybrid | T 818 H2 | S Z785 | C ZipCore | SC Newport 3

I'd say fall is the best time around here too. The only negatives would be all of the migrating geese and falling leaves can both make a mess of things and add to the difficulty of finding your ball...even if it is a good shot!

Wexham-golf-course-geese.jpg

• Like 2

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Fall golf in new england is a match made in heaven....the colors changing on the leaves is a feast for the eyes....you start to not care about 5 hour rounds much....without a doubt my favorite time to play.

Couldn't agree more. Great temperatures and absolutely gorgeous time to be outside.

Falling leaves to claim a few more balls than normal, but it's well worth the offerings to the golf gods.

• Like 1

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day

I'd say fall is the best time around here too. The only negatives would be all of the migrating geese and falling leaves can both make a mess of things and add to the difficulty of finding your ball...even if it is a good shot!

attachicon.gif Wexham-golf-course-geese.jpg

LOL  We have those too, but many tend to stick around all year.  My course is an Audubon International sanctuary; international because of these guys, I guess.

• Like 1

Fall golf in the northeast or mid Atlantic is the best. The scenery is superb and I love being able to wear pants and a 1/4 zip

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Nice golfing weather, and good bass fishing weather too

• Like 3

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Early Fall golf in Northeast is something I miss living in FL. I don't miss when Fall turns to Winter

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

• 2 months later...