Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Seasons over for me..breakdown

pulledabill

With hunting season in a couple weeks, I think maybe one more round before I put the sticks up for a couple months.

Since Feb 1 Ive played at least 90 18 hole rounds, a number of 9s, and some partials. Goal was to get to single digits which I did in June but it went back up. Updated wedges, 3w, irons. hybrids. and putter and trending to a 5.7. Shot more rounds in the 70 since I started playing proper fitting irons than I have done in a lifetime. Havent carried a driver other then a few rounds since early June or late May. Need to get that figured out before next spring. I think if that gets straightened out I see no reason I cant make it to a 3 or 4 or better.

I will be on the links once a get through a couple hunting trips and time and weather allows.

I have a Bandon trip in mid Feb so I will spend some time working on the low ball and walking more rounds than riding. I will be leaving the ProV1 and going to the AVX at Bandon but wont game it here until it dries next spring.

Its been a great season of golf, meeting new peeps, and new friends. Lots of great great advice from fellow golfspies that have helped shave a stroke here and there as well.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Glad you had a successful season!

I will also have winter training sessions and see if I can follow your path next year.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

With hunting season in a couple weeks, I think maybe one more round before I put the sticks up for a couple months.

No judgements, really, especially since I'm not a vegetarian,

but since I use catch and release mouse traps,

my golf season used to end in early November.

Then again, it certainly didn't begin in February.

Even if I took a winter holiday, it was with my wife,

so usually, I didn't get to play.

When i was eighteen, I bought a short-range deer rifle--a Ruger M44 carbine.

I couldn't bring myself to aim it at a living thing, but I blew the hell out of a lot of inanimate objects.

It hasn't been out of its case in decades, bit it was--I assume still is--a nice little piece.

Yet, as a boxer, I never hesitated to break a human being's nose if I could. 

Does that suggest that my own species isn't one of my favorites? 

Or does one's attitude change when the prey is fighting back? 

I honestly don't have a clue. Seriously. 

Because I really hated the war and somebody was fighting back then.

I truly wish that my mind wouldn't go to these stupid places.

It doesn't do me any good at all.

I've got a hell of a lot more yesterdays than tomorrows, or else I might invest in therapy.

No point at this stage. Just wasting my kids' inheritance.

This is what happens if you have to give up golf, guys.

Don't do it if you can help it.

Really.

The golf season is just a little different here in Florida.  We hide indoors for most of the summer, and about this time of the year is when we come out of hibernation and start playing when the weather goes below 90°  Summer here is just absolutely brutal, and I'm honestly ready for cooler temps.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

The golf season is just a little different here in Florida. We hide indoors for most of the summer, and about this time of the year is when we come out of hibernation and start playing when the weather goes below 90° Summer here is just absolutely brutal, and I'm honestly ready for cooler temps.

It's still a month away.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I don't understand how people in Florida do it.

It's much easier to play golf when it's 92 and 75 percent humidity than it is when it's 12 with a foot of snow on the ground.

That's how we do it. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

The golf season is just a little different here in Florida. We hide indoors for most of the summer, and about this time of the year is when we come out of hibernation and start playing when the weather goes below 90° Summer here is just absolutely brutal, and I'm honestly ready for cooler temps.

Tee times 7:00 to 7:30 am in FL or too hot.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I've got at least a month left of good golfing weather. Then it gets 50/50 for a few more weeks, after that it's pretty much over until March. The heat is fine, it's that wind chill I can't stand. Plus the only season I care for is deer, and it don't start until the second weekend in November.

CobraConnectChallenge3

Growing up in Michigan and living there for most of my life and not golfing for a majority of the year. When I moved south, I don't care how hot the temps are outside, if the course is open I'll be there. I don't care how cold it is either, if thebcourse is open I'm playing. In the north we complained all the time about not being able to play, so since I can play all year now, I do.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Since Feb 1 Ive played at least 90 18 hole rounds, a number of 9s, and some partials. Goal was to get to single digits which I did in June but it went back up. Updated wedges, 3w, irons. hybrids. and putter and trending to a 5.7. Shot more rounds in the 70 since I started playing proper fitting irons than I have done in a lifetime. Havent carried a driver other then a few rounds since early June or late May. Need to get that figured out before next spring. I think if that gets straightened out I see no reason I cant make it to a 3 or 4 or better.

I will be on the links once a get through a couple hunting trips and time and weather allows.

I have a Bandon trip in mid Feb so I will spend some time working on the low ball and walking more rounds than riding. I will be leaving the ProV1 and going to the AVX at Bandon but wont game it here until it dries next spring.

Its been a great season of golf, meeting new peeps, and new friends. Lots of great great advice from fellow golfspies that have helped shave a stroke here and there as well.

To each is own, good luck on your journey to a lower handicap wish I could play 90 rounds a year financially and time wise that's my handicap

#PowerToThePlayer

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

As an avid hunter also I know how it goes... what do you hunt? Me big game, upland birds, and predators... start at 12 would not change a thing..

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

3 to 4 rounds a week, 52 weeks a year.....Hot in Summer, cool in winter and the Fall and Spring are pretty much nonexistent

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

3 to 4 rounds a week, 52 weeks a year.....Hot in Summer, cool in winter and the Fall and Spring are pretty much nonexistent

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

About right....

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

To each is own, good luck on your journey to a lower handicap wish I could play 90 rounds a year financially and time wise that's my handicap

#PowerToThePlayer

I payed $750 for all I can golf after 2pm from May 1 for one year. 3 months before that I payed $200 for unlimited golf all day until end of April. If it wasnt for that deal and a recent empty nest, no way could I do it.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

As an avid hunter also I know how it goes... what do you hunt? Me big game, upland birds, and predators... start at 12 would not change a thing..

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Deer. elk, bear, and ducks mostly. Growing up with dad it was pheasant and quail mostly until I got my own wheels. My first love hunting is pheasants over a pointer.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I love hunting everything.. Love Hunting Birdies all summer, then everything all winter... 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.