Sign in to follow this  
jlukes

Suggestion: Let's stop the banter in BST Threads

I thought that was always common courtesy...if you're not interested, move along

• Like 7

Me too. On board. It would be annoying to get notification that someone said something only to find it saying ‘hey nice putter. Wish I was in the market.' Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Well I thought MGS had a policy against stuff like that---- I agree with you Lukes and everyone else on this-- I thought it was common courtesy too. Usually stuff like that is from outside folks not long time members and regular active members

• Like 3

There have been an uptick in people making comments in other's 'For Sale' threads, who have no interest in buying the item being sold and potentially drive away interested buyers.

I'd like to see there be a formal policy that discourages members from posting such comments in BST threads.

you must have read the reply to my Evnroll putter I have sale. I complained and his post was removed.

Chuck

• Like 3

you must have read the reply to my Evnroll putter I have sale. I complained and his post was removed.

Chuck

Yep the mods here stay on top of things pretty good. Had someone posting like 4 new threads that made no sense at all and some questionable things too. I reported it to the mods and all the threads were moved or dumped into cyberspace rather quickly

• Like 4

In today's age of social media and being able to speak without consequence, common courtesy has faded significantly. Good to see there are still some stand up folks who have each other's backs but I've left more than one forum where threads were just out of control. Hit em straight guys.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

My feeling is if I saw you had a club for sale that was worth $100 but you were asking $500 or it looked like it was dragged behind a car down a gravel road I would not make a negative comment. If I am not interested or I thought you were crazy I would go on to the next thread. I did get reprimanded for calling the guy a jerk and at my age (almost 70) that is about as politically correct as I can be!!!

The comment made by Poke is dead on...computers and social media have made many people more brave than they would be in person if you know what I mean.

Thanks,

Chuck

• Like 4

My feeling is if I saw you had a club for sale that was worth $100 but you were asking $500 or it looked like it was dragged behind a car down a gravel road I would not make a negative comment. If I am not interested or I thought you were crazy I would go on to the next thread. I did get reprimanded for calling the guy a jerk and at my age (almost 70) that is about as politically correct as I can be!!!

The comment made by Poke is dead on...computers and social media have made many people more brave than they would be in person if you know what I mean.

Thanks,

Chuck

Kinda like my grandad when wheeling and dealing--- In the example you gave he would have done several things kept his money in his pocket , kept his mouth shut and moved on---- Yeah sometimes I have to check myself on the PC thing too. Not quite your age yet but not far behind at 61

• Like 1

Thanks,

Chuck

Yep they have a name for those types "keyboard commandos"

• Like 1

Me too. On board. It would be annoying to get notification that someone said something only to find it saying ‘hey nice putter. Wish I was in the market.' Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup no value there other than adding to post count. Just hit the 'like' button instead.

• Like 1

Thanks,

Chuck

Exactly right. Let the sale take care of itself. If it's in that bad of condition or the price is inflated it just won't sell. If the seller wants to get rid of it bad enough they will adjust. Don't know why their price has to be any of my concern if I have no interest in the items. I guess that's what I don't get today. Do we just feel that much better putting someone else down or leaving a negative comment?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Things like pricing and item condition are best handled through a PM.  As for folks making general comments/post in a classified thread, I see both the up and down sides of this.  For instance, a couple of fellow MGS posts about an item I was interested in, "great club and price", "someone should grab these", were partly responsible for my follow-up with the seller.  Sometimes it's helpful to hear positive comments from others about an item.  Certainly if one has nothing positive to say, just don't post. My .02 cents worth on the topic.  

• Like 4

Commenting also helps bump up the thread for more exposure.

But I agree, if you got nothing nice to say, don't say anything.

• Like 2