Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Suggestion: Let's stop the banter in BST Threads

null

I thought that was always common courtesy...if you're not interested, move along

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

I can get on board with this

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Me too. On board. It would be annoying to get notification that someone said something only to find it saying ‘hey nice putter. Wish I was in the market.' Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter: Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Driver: Ping G – Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 73 X (10.5 Degree)
3 Wood : Callaway Epic Flash – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 S (15.5 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Tour Edge CBX 119 – Project X EvenFlow Black 85 S (18 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Ping G – Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue HY 86 S (19 Degree)
4 – GW: Ping i210 - Oban CT-115 X (22.5 - 50 Degrees)
SW: Titleist SM7 S Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (54 Degree)
LW: Titleist SM7 D Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (58 Degree)
All Grips:  Winn Dri-Tec Midsize - Gray/Blue w/ 2 extra wraps low hand
Customizing:
Lime Green/Hot Pink Custom Paintfill - all clubs
White ferrules with Blue Stripes from Cell-Parts.net
Irons fitted & built by True Spec Golf
Custom Headcovers from Sunfish Golf
PING White DLX Cart Bag

Well I thought MGS had a policy against stuff like that---- I agree with you Lukes and everyone else on this-- I thought it was common courtesy too. Usually stuff like that is from outside folks not long time members and regular active members

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

There have been an uptick in people making comments in other's 'For Sale' threads, who have no interest in buying the item being sold and potentially drive away interested buyers.

I'd like to see there be a formal policy that discourages members from posting such comments in BST threads.

you must have read the reply to my Evnroll putter I have sale. I complained and his post was removed.

Chuck

you must have read the reply to my Evnroll putter I have sale. I complained and his post was removed.

Chuck

Yep the mods here stay on top of things pretty good. Had someone posting like 4 new threads that made no sense at all and some questionable things too. I reported it to the mods and all the threads were moved or dumped into cyberspace rather quickly

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

In today's age of social media and being able to speak without consequence, common courtesy has faded significantly. Good to see there are still some stand up folks who have each other's backs but I've left more than one forum where threads were just out of control. Hit em straight guys.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

My feeling is if I saw you had a club for sale that was worth $100 but you were asking $500 or it looked like it was dragged behind a car down a gravel road I would not make a negative comment. If I am not interested or I thought you were crazy I would go on to the next thread. I did get reprimanded for calling the guy a jerk and at my age (almost 70) that is about as politically correct as I can be!!!

The comment made by Poke is dead on...computers and social media have made many people more brave than they would be in person if you know what I mean.

Thanks,

Chuck

My feeling is if I saw you had a club for sale that was worth $100 but you were asking $500 or it looked like it was dragged behind a car down a gravel road I would not make a negative comment. If I am not interested or I thought you were crazy I would go on to the next thread. I did get reprimanded for calling the guy a jerk and at my age (almost 70) that is about as politically correct as I can be!!!

The comment made by Poke is dead on...computers and social media have made many people more brave than they would be in person if you know what I mean.

Thanks,

Chuck

Kinda like my grandad when wheeling and dealing--- In the example you gave he would have done several things kept his money in his pocket , kept his mouth shut and moved on---- Yeah sometimes I have to check myself on the PC thing too. Not quite your age yet but not far behind at 61

G

Thanks,

Chuck

Yep they have a name for those types "keyboard commandos"

G

Me too. On board. It would be annoying to get notification that someone said something only to find it saying ‘hey nice putter. Wish I was in the market.' Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup no value there other than adding to post count. Just hit the 'like' button instead.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Thanks,

Chuck

Exactly right. Let the sale take care of itself. If it's in that bad of condition or the price is inflated it just won't sell. If the seller wants to get rid of it bad enough they will adjust. Don't know why their price has to be any of my concern if I have no interest in the items. I guess that's what I don't get today. Do we just feel that much better putting someone else down or leaving a negative comment?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Things like pricing and item condition are best handled through a PM.  As for folks making general comments/post in a classified thread, I see both the up and down sides of this.  For instance, a couple of fellow MGS posts about an item I was interested in, "great club and price", "someone should grab these", were partly responsible for my follow-up with the seller.  Sometimes it's helpful to hear positive comments from others about an item.  Certainly if one has nothing positive to say, just don't post. My .02 cents worth on the topic.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Commenting also helps bump up the thread for more exposure.

But I agree, if you got nothing nice to say, don't say anything.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

• 2 years later...

@jlukesI'm curious why this is such an issue to you?  The vast majority of post/comments I see on listings are positive and actually help the sale - that was the case on an item I recently sold.  

4 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

@jlukesI'm curious why this is such an issue to you?  The vast majority of post/comments I see on listings are positive and actually help the sale - that was the case on an item I recently sold.  

In the last week I have seen people jump in and ask the person why they were selling the club and what was wrong with the club,  and another telling the seller that his prices were too high.

These types of things clutter the BST thread  and are detrimental to the person selling, and as should be handled through personal messages.

Positive comments are okay - but trying to start a discussion or negative comments or "advice" have no place on someone else's BST post

As GolfSpy Barbajo said

if someone has something for sale, either buy it or don't - no need for commentary - there are PLENTY of threads for that! 

Got it.  I guess I just haven't seen many detrimental comments.  I dislike seeing things adjusted for the lowest common denominator; a couple of not helpful comments drive the 98 helpful ones away 😕.