TESTERS WANTED! ×

Frozen!

Sluggo42

So yesterday I'm waiting for the twosome in front to go.

I see the guy set up and take his pose, the he basically freezes.

I mean it seemed like forever. I'm thinking...”swing”!

Go on, “swing”!

Come on now, swing you blithering idiot! SWING!

Then he finally swings and hits another duff...

It had to have been 20-30 seconds. I mean my back would have given out by then. What can one possibly think about when set up for so long?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

What can one possibly think about when set up for so long?

That you can save a bunch of money on your car insurance with Geico?

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

​I played with Frozen Guy two weeks ago. He was a BIL of a friend of mine who doesn't play often. I swear I could have eaten a sandwich during the time this guy stood over the ball. Like to wore me out. LOL

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

This reminds me of the story of the guy that was "frozen" over a tee shot.   His bud said: come on man, hit the ball will ya.  The guy replied: my wife is standing up there on the hill, so I want this to be a good shot.   To which is bud retorted:  really man, no way are you going to hit her from here. 

We play with a couple occasionally and the guy freezes.  His wife is just the opposite.  He freezes because he has been taking lessons all year has has struggled.  I'm sure he is going through every swing thought the pro told all year long.  I feel for him.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I am really quick from setup to swing. I take maybe 4 seconds from setup to bending over to pick up the tee. I only freeze if I am pulling a blank on my swing thoughts. (I know, what a moron). Anyway if I do that, I will back off, figure out my swing thoughts, and then reset and hit quickly.

I forget who but there was a pro who always talked about "your waggle". He said that you always need to be moving, when you are over the ball. I have a little hover with my clubs before I swing, that is my waggle. He always said that if you stand perfectly still, you muscles would tighten and you would lose all fluidity in your swing.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

So today this group in front of us (it was soooo slow today) anyways had a senior citizen old dude. Like 80's.

This old guy would basically drive his cart one foot from the green to get there, but I was ok with that, kinda...

But anyways, this old guy would hit last after his 3 sons would hit from the whites, then he would move up to the shortest tee.

But he had this setup move, it was the right foot stomp. He'd just drop a ball, work his way closer and closer, then starts to,Ping his right foot.

I counted 22 stomps one time. We were dying.

Then the old coot would rip one right down the middle!

Funny as all get out. I'm sure he beat the others in their group because they were hurting.

But the old guy was killin us. We actually applauded a few times when he smoked another shot, it was great

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

So today this group in front of us (it was soooo slow today) anyways had a senior citizen old dude. Like 80's.

This old guy would basically drive his cart one foot from the green to get there, but I was ok with that, kinda...

But anyways, this old guy would hit last after his 3 sons would hit from the whites, then he would move up to the shortest tee.

But he had this setup move, it was the right foot stomp. He'd just drop a ball, work his way closer and closer, then starts to,Ping his right foot.

I counted 22 stomps one time. We were dying.

Then the old coot would rip one right down the middle!

Funny as all get out. I'm sure he beat the others in their group because they were hurting.

But the old guy was killin us. We actually applauded a few times when he smoked another shot, it was great

Us old coots are smokin'.   B)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Us old coots are smokin'. B)

I'm glad he qualified as the guy being in his 80's. Too many of us younger old coots around MGS.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

In college we played a two day event at the Concord in the Catskills in NY. There are two courses there and the tournament course is famously named the Monster. Google it, it was a real treat.

We're paired in threesomes and I knew one of the guys from prior events. The third was the slowest GD golfer I'd seen in competitive golf. Awful.

His tee and approaches were tolerable but put a putter in his hand and you could see two days into the future.

We hit the 11th or 12th and we'd had it. Taking walks for lines above and below the hole and he wasn't making anything. We finally told him to cut this nonsense out or we're going to call a marshal and a penalty.

Word made it to our coaches and the walk up 18 greeted us with both coaches, arms crossed looking like we stole our parents car.

I've never received a more limp dick handshake in my life than after signing that card.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

So yesterday I'm waiting for the twosome in front to go.

I see the guy set up and take his pose, the he basically freezes.

I mean it seemed like forever. I'm thinking...”swing”!

Go on, “swing”!

Come on now, swing you blithering idiot! SWING!

Then he finally swings and hits another duff...

It had to have been 20-30 seconds. I mean my back would have given out by then. What can one possibly think about when set up for so long?

so that was you behind me.....

Yuck yuck

Sent from my iPod touch using MyGolfSpy

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

I've played with a guy a few different time that does this. It takes me no longer than 5-10 seconds after I address my ball to hit. It's excruciating to see someone freeze over the ball, you want to yell “Just hit the dang thing!!!” Playing with someone like that hinders my game.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

CobraConnectChallenge3

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

This happened to a buddy of mine who was a pretty decent self-taught golfer who ended up going to see his club pro because he just wasn't consistent enough for tournament play. He had so many swing thoughts from his lessons that he just couldn't pull the trigger for a bit. He got over it and is playing great now, but for a little bit it was really rough to watch. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Archived