Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Car Buying Thread..Questions/Comments/Suggestions/Deals..etc

Golfspy_CG2

So I may be in the position of starting to look for a new vehicle. 

My current Camry is just not a great fit for a man of my...should we say stature.   It's ok leg room wise, but getting in and out of it feels like i'm sitting down in a hole in the ground.   So I think it's time to go back to an SUV.

I previously had a Toyota Highlander 2006, that I had 190,000 miles on before it was totaled in a accident in 2016.   Ideally I know it's too early to probably be looking as I still owe a fair amount on the car, but the trade value is pretty good, so as long as I avoid any negative equity,  I'd be ok.

So far on the list of consideration.

Ford Edge (had one for a rental recently, and loved just about everything about it, from the ride/comfort to the tech and mileage. 

Ford Escape-The poor man's Edge?   Of course not quite as cool, but cheaper and probably can get the SEL Trim and more feature than the basic trim on the Edge

Honda CRV-Don't know a lot about them, but they get rave reviews and look to be similar size as the Escape

Toyota Rav4-Tried it two years ago when the new Highlanders were pushing $35K, but it was just too small then, don't know if they are any larger now.

Any other suggestions or thoughts on the above, I'd love to hear them.  And if any of you are car salesman and want to share any inside baseball via PM...hey, that'd be great as well.

I hate car shopping by the way.  Everyone wants to SELL you and not just ask what you are looking for or need and then give you info and let you decide on your own. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Our family SUV currently is the Chevy Traverse. It's solid, powerful and quite roomy inside. Gets pretty good gas mileage too. My big butt fits into it nicely and it can carry a lot of golf clubs, cuz Lord knows you have a lot of 'em! :P Great little car that you'd maybe consider adding to your list. Good luck Rob!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I go through a decent number of cars, and so much of it is what you are looking for and which one your eye likes.

If it is a car you are planning on keeping for years and years, you should look at Kia. 10y/100000mile warranty is hard to beat and the amount of features you get for the price are tops.

If you are only keeping it for a few years, Toyota and Subaru normally have the highest trade in /resale value.

I think Chevy has the worst infotainment / phone support. But that is my experience with them.

I rent 3-4 cars a month flying around and for American, dodge /jeep /Chrysler have had really nice products lately.

All said, I don't think you can beat Kia on price and warranty (full disclosure, I'm on my 2nd one) imagejpeg_0.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

Need to get yourself a Caprice, with a cop motor, cop shocks...

"Fix the cigarette lighter"...Classic

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Need to get yourself a Caprice, with a cop motor, cop shocks...

Can't go wrong with a Toyota.

Plus I se there is a new “Blazer” coming out.

LOL..I think I may have had a Caprice back in 1983 or something like that..ha

No doubt, Toyotas are solid and hold their values.   I was pleasantly surprised what the insurance gave me on my 10 year old Highlander with 190K miles on it.   But they won't win any stylish or wow categories.  I've had a Toyota for my last 5 cars i think it is going back like 25 years.   So it would be quite a move away from them.  But to me the Rav4 as the "tweener" vehicle like the CRV and Edge is lacking.   But I haven't actually seen the 2018, so maybe should give it a look. 

Our family SUV currently is the Chevy Traverse. It's solid, powerful and quite roomy inside. Gets pretty good gas mileage too. My big butt fits into it nicely and it can carry a lot of golf clubs, cuz Lord knows you have a lot of 'em! :P Great little car that you'd maybe consider adding to your list. Good luck Rob!

Thanks PA.....well I usually only cart around 1 set a time, this past weekend was the exception where I took two bags to Ohio in case the Ohio boys wanted to demo something.   They both fit nicely in the bag of the Edge  But I'll add the Traverse to at least take a look at.

I go through a decent number of cars, and so much of it is what you are looking for and which one your eye likes.

If it is a car you are planning on keeping for years and years, you should look at Kia. 10y/100000mile warranty is hard to beat and the amount of features you get for the price are tops.

If you are only keeping it for a few years, Toyota and Subaru normally have the highest trade in /resale value.

I think Chevy has the worst infotainment / phone support. But that is my experience with them.

I rent 3-4 cars a month flying around and for American, dodge /jeep /Chrysler have had really nice products lately.

All said, I don't think you can beat Kia on price and warranty (full disclosure, I'm on my 2nd one) attachicon.gif imagejpeg_0.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That is a Bad Ass looking car!! 

i really should give Kia a look.  I had a bad experience with one many years ago, I mean many years ago, it was like driving a box on wheels.  But i've heard good things about them since. 

I bought a 2018 hybrid Rav4 in June. Camry I had will be daughters as she is about to turn 16. I really like it. It is smaller than I would have thought but much easier to get in and out of than camry. You may want to wait until 19's hit the market as I believe the Rav4 in 19 will be based off camry frame instead of corrolla like it is now. For reference I am 6'3" and 2 bills. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

I sold Toyotas for a month back in 2009, and my wife currently drives a Camry, and I drive a Lexus CT200h, which I absolutely love.  My only qualification for when I bought my Lexus was did the golf clubs fit in the trunk/back.

So if you are saying a Camry is too small, wow, then I am guessing you are missing your Highlander, based on your description.  You'd hate my Lexus as it's half the size of the Camry, but I see it differently, as I love the handling and being low to the ground of a compact hybrid that my car is.  I love to be able to park in tight spots too, and you folks wanting large SUVs and mammoth size pickup trucks frankly scare me.  But to each his own.

My knowledge from selling cars is very limited.  I only lasted a month because once I caught them in a straight up lie to a customer I walked.  I won't tolerate that sort of lack of integrity, so take that for what it's worth.  What I did learn is that you should shop for a car on a Tuesday or Wednesday when the typical car salesman is bored out of his mind.  Stay away from weekend car shopping, because that is when they are busiest.  Take a day off on a Tuesday when your salesman has nothing better to do, and you can nickel and dime him to death and he'll get right back to you, because he's bored and has nothing better to do.

There is a difference between saying to him, "Give me the cash out the door price," versus, "I'm only paying $$$ for this car."  Also, do not tell him you have a trade in.  Work the deal backwards on the vehicle you want, and then after you get what you consider a fair price, then you start negotiating on the trade in.  The other advantage to not showing your hand with the trade in is if he is dicking you around on price you can simply just walk out the front door and move on to the next dealer.

Leave emotion out of the buying experience.  The moment you become attached to a vehicle, you lose all rationale, and suddenly you don't care that you just spent $500 more for some option you didn't even know they offered.  It also helps to make an appointment and deal with one salesman, but you don't have to.  If you call the dealership and ask for a salesman ahead of time, you can tell him what you want to drive when you get there, and that way you can save 15-30 minutes of BS by showing up with him waiting for you and if he's a decent sales guy he'll have your car waiting for you, and you can skip all the computer entry BS with your license and other information if you gave it to him over the phone ahead of time.

A lot has changed with regards to the internet and a lot of different car buying apps that weren't available back in 2009 when I did this as well.  Take advantage of the technology to work yourself the best deal.  But when you price the car, get the manager to approve the cash out the door price, that includes all of the dealer markup and other fees that they try and nickel and dime you with that add about $2k onto whatever price you think you were buying the car for.  Personally, I'd rather work backwards with a set price, versus sitting in the showroom with the sales guy going back to his manager about 10 times, trying to figure out if they will sell you that car at that price.

When I bought my Camaro about 5 years ago I did the entire deal over the phone.  My first call on a Tuesday was to inquire about the car and discuss price.  They had it listed online for about $7,500, which to them means add on another $1k of taxes and dealer fees.  I simply told him what I was willing to pay, and that if he was interested to call me when he was ok with me writing him a check for $6,500 cash out the door.  It took him a couple of days to come to his senses, but by Thursday he called and said I could come down and sign the papers.  This was a much older Camaro, and I had a weak moment as far as buying a car I never should have gotten into that ended up costing me a ton in repairs and headaches, but the experience and sales decision were solid.

Again, the most important thing to remember is to remain unemotional over a vehicle.  If you get one dealer dicking you around on price, just call the next one on the list and move on.  I've got 5 Toyota dealers within 100 miles of here.  If the local one doesn't want to negotiate I can call the guy at the next town over.  I honestly don't care who I buy the car from.  It's the guy who is interested in making a deal that I will work with.  And you'll know who that is within about 5 minutes on the phone with him.  If he starts talking about features and color and trying to steer you into something you don't want at some ridiculously overpriced model, then just hangup on him and move on.  You are spending the money, and frankly I don't care if that salesman thinks I'm being cheap or not.  He won't be driving this thing for the next 5-7 years.

Just my two cents anyway.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I bought a 2018 hybrid Rav4 in June. Camry I had will be daughters as she is about to turn 16. I really like it. It is smaller than I would have thought but much easier to get in and out of than camry. You may want to wait until 19's hit the market as I believe the Rav4 in 19 will be based off camry frame instead of corrolla like it is now. For reference I am 6'3" and 2 bills. 

That's good info!  Thanks alot.   One thing I found out in my research the Escape i believe is based on the Fusion frame, so that would be inline with the Rav4/Camry.   My Fiance has corolla..circa 2009 and you should see me try to get in and out of that thing, looks like a square peg goinig into a round hole. 

That is a Bad Ass looking car!!

i really should give Kia a look. I had a bad experience with one many years ago, I mean many years ago, it was like driving a box on wheels. But i've heard good things about them since.

There was a Kia Stinger GT parked very close to me after golf on Sunday. It was very nice.

A Kia Sportage might be a bit small (similar to CRV or RAV4), Sorento is the next size up. I think they look great.

My wife and I drove a Mazda CX-5 a couple years ago which I loved. My wife thought it lacked a bit of power. I thought it had plenty for being a grocery-getter

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

My wife and I drove a Mazda CX-5 a couple years ago which I loved. My wife thought it lacked a bit of power. I thought it had plenty for being a grocery-getter

I could never understand this obsession with power in a vehicle.  You're going to be parked at 15 stoplights, probably not going more than 45 mph anywhere you drive.  Do you really need a lot of horsepower to get you from one light to the next?

Same deal with the sports cars and people spending thousands on jacking up their vehicles with fancy rims and making the stupid car as loud as possible.  You're sitting next to me at the light, and you'll be sitting next to me at the next light, even though you floored it and went 80 mph for half a mile before the next light and just wasted a gallon of gas doing so.  Who are you seriously trying to impress by being that stupid and dangerous?

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

My father in law has a 2018 RAV4 and he loves it. I think it's ok but he hasn't stopped talking about how great it is in months.

Our neighbors have 2 Mazda SUVs, and they swear they won't buy another brand again (my wife's Mazda 3 is a beauty). They have 2 kids in college that they're ferrying stuff for and a 3rd about to head off soon. Great gas mileage and very comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I could never understand this obsession with power in a vehicle. You're going to be parked at 15 stoplights, probably not going more than 45 mph anywhere you drive. Do you really need a lot of horsepower to get you from one light to the next?

Same deal with the sports cars and people spending thousands on jacking up their vehicles with fancy rims and making the stupid car as loud as possible. You're sitting next to me at the light, and you'll be sitting next to me at the next light, even though you floored it and went 80 mph for half a mile before the next light and just wasted a gallon of gas doing so. Who are you seriously trying to impress by being that stupid and dangerous?

Her issue with it had more to do with the fact that everything she had driven since 1995 had a V6. My interpretation was that she was missing low end torque.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

My wife is also looking for a new(er) vehicle.  Her Mercedes E320 wagon has just too many issues coming up and has 160K miles on it.  She also wants an SUV because she likes sitting a little higher in our "Hanford 500" rush hour traffic.  

What she wants is a Unicorn.  You know, those animals that missed the ark, so they aren't around anymore.  Her list in no particular order:

• Has to get at least the same mileage as her E320 -  27mpg Hwy
  • 0-60mph in around 7 sec -  don't ask!
  • Regular unleaded gas instead of premium
  • Has to carry an 8 foot photo backdrop
  • Leather seats, because she causes lightning strikes on cloth seats
  • Less that $30K with less than 40K miles

The Acura RDX or MDX comes close, so does the Jeep Cherokee.  Another option is the 6-cylinder Subaru Outback, but she really hates that car for some reason.  We are still looking.

I love my Dodge Charger R/T; nice road car, good power, decent mileage, and I can carry 2 sets of clubs and either two push carts or two roll-aboard suitcases in the trunk.  That was my criteria.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

"Fix the cigarette lighter"...Classic

Blue Brothers - one of my two most fav movies - the first was Animal House. My wife says I like it because it was a movie about my fraternity.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I'm also currently car shopping. We are looking for very different types of vehicles, but I'd like to be shot at this point. It's getting frustrating lol

Best of luck man!

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Good thread! I'm also in the market for a new ride (first car). All advice appreciated!

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I'm also currently car shopping. We are looking for very different types of vehicles, but I'd like to be shot at this point. It's getting frustrating lol

Best of luck man!

Shopping at the Alfa Romero lot are you

Good thread! I'm also in the market for a new ride (first car). All advice appreciated!

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Thanks. Yep I figure it's one thing we all have in common, we all have and are buying cars at some point.

Congrats on the first car decision. What are some that have your attention off the bat.

I assume you are pretty young. I would advise taking someone experienced with you. Not only to keep you from being taken advantage of. But also to help you slow down and make a good decision.

I know even after I had bought several cars, I could tend to get excited and want to jump at the first new shiney thing I saw.

It's always good to step back and think about it from all aspects before pulling the trigger.

First car advice would be a Subaru. I worked as a Service Manager at a dealership before doing what I do now.

You get all wheel drive, great gas mileage, and a super reliable car.

I drive one now, 220,000 miles on it and if it weren't for the rust (from previous owner not taking care of it) I'd probably keep it forever.

My mom has owned one for 6 years and has about 180,000 on hers.

I have driven one with 340,000 miles. If you follow the maintenance recommendations they will run forever, and if you don't live in the salt belt... the body will last forever too.

I'm a Subaru fan as well. Talked my in laws into getting a Forrester and it started the whole family buying them.

When I finally get rid of my truck I'll most likely get an Outback.

Before then though I'll be looking at a fun summer car...either a C6 Corvette or something else with a V8 or 400+HP engine.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I'm a Subaru fan as well. Talked my in laws into getting a Forrester and it started the whole family buying them.

When I finally get rid of my truck I'll most likely get an Outback.

Before then though I'll be looking at a fun summer car...either a C6 Corvette or something else with a V8 or 400+HP engine.

Of course you will, it wouldn't make sense for you to get anything else.  Will go nicely with the hat   :D

Shopping at the Alfa Romero lot are you

I'm coming out of something not so reliable so no thanks! Haha as much as I'd like em, I need dependable as well as sporty after my last couple years of BS.

Prolly gonna be a mustang.

I'm not nearly as tall as you so I dont need the size. My dad feels your pain though. He's about 6'6" and 270lbs.

It's hard for me to argue with these guys about Suburu btw.

I thought long on getting a WRX but my mechanic hates their head gasket issue. I doubt that's something you'd have to deal with on their other models though. That motor is being pushed a good bit harder than their others.

First car advice would be a Subaru. I worked as a Service Manager at a dealership before doing what I do now.

You get all wheel drive, great gas mileage, and a super reliable car.

I drive one now, 220,000 miles on it and if it weren't for the rust (from previous owner not taking care of it) I'd probably keep it forever.

My mom has owned one for 6 years and has about 180,000 on hers.

I have driven one with 340,000 miles. If you follow the maintenance recommendations they will run forever, and if you don't live in the salt belt... the body will last forever too.

Do you have any body shops around you that do ziebart undercoating? I know a few people that have had it done and not a spec of rust. Looking to get it done on my truck before the snow flies

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app