Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Car Buying Thread..Questions/Comments/Suggestions/Deals..etc

Golfspy_CG2

We narrowed it down to the Atlas and the Hyundai Santa Fe. I'm part of an Atlas Facebook group and with all the issues and recalls... We went with the Santa Fe SE Ultimate... Which has been incredible for us. Definitely not as spacious as the Atlas, but still a fantastic vehicle. And the warranty is fantastic. Although VW and their new warranty isn't too shabby.

We'll probably check out the Atlas down the line once a few of the versions have gotten all of their hugs out and things together. Love my Jetta a ton.

My wife and I have been test driving some new SUV's to replace our 2008 Honda Pilot. Favorite so far is the Volkswagen Atlas, I liked the Tiguan but my wife wanted something bigger so the Atlas became the first choice. :D

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

I'd love to get an older (2003 or so) BMW 325i, as long as it has low miles. It gets good safety ratings, and it actually cheaper to insure than an older Honda Accord. I've been looking for around a year and just haven't found the right one (granted, there aren't many out there within my price range of under $3000). I have found a few Audis for good prices, but those seem quite a bit less reliable. As far as more practical cars go (Accord, Civic, Camry, Corolla, etc.), the ones I've found either have problems, or are just as expensive as a German car.

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I had a 82 320i that i loved and had over 160,000 mile on it before it got creamed by postal transport truck.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I hate car shopping by the way.  Everyone wants to SELL you and not just ask what you are looking for or need and then give you info and let you decide on your own. 

You and me both.  I could start a whole new rant thread on this subject.  Buying a car is one of the worst experiences in my book.  That's probably because I have so little patience for slick talkers and BS.  As for a SUV option, my brother purchased a 2017 Ford Expedition with the 3.6L twin turbo.  I drove it when he came over to visit us in Yuma this past season and it is really nice.  Tons of room, very comfortable, and he's getting 20+ highway and 16 in town.  That might be a bit too large for you?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Did you get a good price? I have mostly been looking at sites like Craigslist or OfferUp. I know used car lots have to make a profit, so my theory is that I could buy it cheaper from an individual. Obviously, there is a greater risk of being scammed. You just have to be careful and know what you're looking for, I guess...

I got a great price.  The local dealer here wanted $24K for the exact same make, model, year, and mileage as what I bought at Brien Ford for $20K.  They were all factory exec vehicles brought out here for auction.  Brien Ford had them all marked the same price, no haggling, and they were less than any other truck that we looked at in the Seattle area.  They were all optioned the same, so the only choice was color.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

If the car you settle on is new then you're coming up on a great time to buy. The week before Thanksgiving is dead at car dealerships. They'll beg you to come in.

I bought a new 28k car for 18k.

Might work at a used car dealership but I have not tried.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a 82 320i that i loved and had over 160,000 mile on it before it got creamed by postal transport truck.

That's a fun car! Do you recall what the reliability was like? Lots of repairs?

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

You and me both. I could start a whole new rant thread on this subject. Buying a car is one of the worst experiences in my book. That's probably because I have so little patience for slick talkers and BS. As for a SUV option, my brother purchased a 2017 Ford Expedition with the 3.6L twin turbo. I drove it when he came over to visit us in Yuma this past season and it is really nice. Tons of room, very comfortable, and he's getting 20+ highway and 16 in town. That might be a bit too large for you?

It would actually fit ME very well, but it's a way to big for my wallet. Ha

And probably to large as well for our indoor parking spot at our building.

He!! No on the minivan!!! My wife is not a soccer mom/grandma, and I view the minivan is the emasculation of the American male. :D

They are great for young kids but once they get older it cost me a lot. The wife is on her second Navigator L and eyeing an Escalade. I called the minivan the v@gina retardant vehicle and also got my most expensive speeding ticket driving that disaster.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

We narrowed it down to the Atlas and the Hyundai Santa Fe. I'm part of an Atlas Facebook group and with all the issues and recalls... We went with the Santa Fe SE Ultimate... Which has been incredible for us. Definitely not as spacious as the Atlas, but still a fantastic vehicle. And the warranty is fantastic. Although VW and their new warranty isn't too shabby.

We'll probably check out the Atlas down the line once a few of the versions have gotten all of their hugs out and things together. Love my Jetta a ton. Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

My 2014 has the Ultimate Package. Absolutely love it.

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

I went car shopping once on a cold, snowy day in February.  I figured the salesmen would be desperate to sell a car because of the weather, and I would get a great price.  I walked in to the showroom, and the salesman said: "You must in desperate need a car to be out looking in this weather."

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Have you even checked out the Mazda CX-9, i never thought about one until we drove one on a whim. Before you go with ford, do yourself a favor and at least check one out, you may be surprised.

Agreed! Most reliable brand I have ever owned and the CX-9 is very nice. I thought he was looking for something a little smaller but this is a great choice.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I ended up with a mustang. You have any luck Rob?

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I ended up with a mustang. You have any luck Rob?

Wow that's great. I saw a pretty bad yellow one at the dealer today.

Yep. I probably shouldn't say until it's signed.

But looks like it's going to be a 2018 Ford Edge. I really liked it better than the Kia Sorento. But the price was about 4000 more, even after negotiating.

Sales Manager seemed firm on his price and I held firm to what I wanted to pay. I thanked him politely and left.

I got home was telling the Fiance about how much I liked it but how much over it was on what I wanted to pay. I kept thinking about it and was going to call them tomorrow and ask them to meet me halfway.

About an hour later I got a call from the sales person not the manager. Said he had gone to the GM with my offer. The GM ok'd a counter offer $500 above my offer.

I told him I'd be by tomorrow to sign the deal.

Guess he who blinks first loses

Or the sales manager and GM were just playing a game of Bad Cop, Good Cop to get $500 more out of me 🤭

Either way I'm happy with the price for the upgraded package.

But looks like it's going to be a 2018 Ford Edge. I really liked it better than the Kia Sorento. But the price was about 4000 more, even after negotiating.

Sales Manager seemed firm on his price and I held firm to what I wanted to pay. I thanked him politely and left.

I got home was telling the Fiance about how much I liked it but how much over it was on what I wanted to pay. I kept thinking about it and was going to call them tomorrow and ask them to meet me halfway.

About an hour later I got a call from the sales person not the manager. Said he had gone to the GM with my offer. The GM ok'd a counter offer $500 above my offer.

Or the sales manager and GM were just playing a game of Bad Cop, Good Cop to get $500 more out of me

My wife took the used Audi Q5 that she really liked to her mechanic yesterday.  He pointed out several issues with it, including 2 recalls that haven't been fixed.  He told her not to buy it.  Great car, but would have problems down the road.

So, tonight we went to the Ford dealer and she drove the Ford Edge, used not new.  She drove the V-6 and the 2.0 ecoboost.  Not much difference in acceleration.  She liked it, but she's still looking for that unicorn.  Two unicorns were standing on the shore with the ark floating away, and said, "Dang, was that today?"

My wife took the used Audi Q5 that she really liked to her mechanic yesterday.  He pointed out several issues with it, including 2 recalls that haven't been fixed.  He told her not to buy it.  Great car, but would have problems down the road.

So, tonight we went to the Ford dealer and she drove the Ford Edge, used not new.  She drove the V-6 and the 2.0 ecoboost.  Not much difference in acceleration.  She liked it, but she's still looking for that unicorn.  Two unicorns were standing on the shore with the ark floating away, and said, "Dang, was that today?"

yeah, I drove the V6 and 2.0 Ecoboost and the 2.0 did everything I needed, tested it on merging onto the interstate, quick acceleration off the line and sound of the engine or lack of cruising at 75 mph  very smooth and very quiet ride. 

Good move on her part to have the used one checked out.  Probably avoided a costly mistake. 

yeah, I drove the V6 and 2.0 Ecoboost and the 2.0 did everything I needed, tested it on merging onto the interstate, quick acceleration off the line and sound of the engine or lack of cruising at 75 mph  very smooth and very quiet ride. 

Good move on her part to have the used one checked out.  Probably avoided a costly mistake. 

She won't buy a new car.  Loses too much value driving off the lot.

She has a good mechanic and his business is across the street from her business, so it's easy to drop her car off for services.  Anything she buys locally will be checked out first.  We are headed to Spokane in a couple of weeks; might look at something up there but 140 miles is too far to have her mechanic look at it.

I bought my Dodge Charger new, but got it for $12K off MSRP and I got a $100 deductible lifetime warranty for everything not considered normal wear and tear.  I'm happy.

Or the sales manager and GM were just playing a game of Bad Cop, Good Cop to get $500 more out of me

Always gotta be willing to walk to get what you want in sales. Even if you like the car and know its what you want.

I'm happy for ya bud!

Always gotta be willing to walk to get what you want in sales. Even if you like the car and know its what you want.

I'm happy for ya bud!

Last year, I drove to Cincinnati to look at a used car I was really interested in. The sales people made the mistake of thinking I was an easy sale since I drove 4 hours to look at the car and they would not budge at all on price, even though there was damage to the car that didn't exactly show up in the pictures. About two hours into my trip home, I got a call from the GM asking if I would buy it if they fixed the issues and took $1000 off. I politely declined (or maybe not so politely depending on your perspective).

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Last year, I drove to Cincinnati to look at a used car I was really interested in. The sales people made the mistake of thinking I was an easy sale since I drove 4 hours to look at the car and they would not budge at all on price, even though there was damage to the car that didn't exactly show up in the pictures. About two hours into my trip home, I got a call from the GM asking if I would buy it if they fixed the issues and took $1000 off. I politely declined (or maybe not so politely depending on your perspective).

I had a similar thing happen myself the week before labor day. They wouldn't budge on the price despite making me think otherwise before coming down. So I leave and they're all the sudden willing to do what I asked when I was half way home. No thanks...

The car is still sitting on their lot as of right now and I'm in a different one.... 

Glad to be done dealing with Car Sales people. As someone who makes his living in sales. I'm ashamed to be cast in the same lot with some of those people.

Anyway. It ended up well!!

attachicon.gif IMG_3033.JPG

attachicon.gif IMG_3035.JPG

attachicon.gif IMG_3038.JPG

attachicon.gif IMG_3039.JPG

FYI. I only parked like that for the pictures. I don't and won't normally do that. Lol

Nice!!  Glad it worked out and you are happy.  The Edge is still high on my wife's list but we will be hitting the lots again this weekend... after golf.

Nice!! Glad it worked out and you are happy. The Edge is still high on my wife's list but we will be hitting the lots again this weekend... after golf.

Thanks.

I know she's looking for a used one. One dealer had a certified pre owned 2017 Sport with 10k but stil wanted 32k for it.

Good luck with the shipping.

Glad to be done dealing with Car Sales people. As someone who makes his living in sales. I'm ashamed to be cast in the same lot with some of those people.

Anyway. It ended up well!!

attachicon.gif IMG_3033.JPG

attachicon.gif IMG_3035.JPG

attachicon.gif IMG_3038.JPG

attachicon.gif IMG_3039.JPG

FYI. I only parked like that for the pictures. I don't and won't normally do that. Lol

Great looking vehicle, Rob.   Really glad that you found a vehicle you liked at a price you liked.   Thanks for the pictures, now I know what vehicle to look for when I go to Compass.   Again, really glad that it worked out for ya.  

My wife is also looking for a new(er) vehicle.  Her Mercedes E320 wagon has just too many issues coming up and has 160K miles on it.  She also wants an SUV because she likes sitting a little higher in our "Hanford 500" rush hour traffic.  

What she wants is a Unicorn.  You know, those animals that missed the ark, so they aren't around anymore.  Her list in no particular order:

• Has to get at least the same mileage as her E320 -  27mpg Hwy
  • 0-60mph in around 7 sec -  don't ask!
  • Regular unleaded gas instead of premium
  • Has to carry an 8 foot photo backdrop
  • Leather seats, because she causes lightning strikes on cloth seats
  • Less that $30K with less than 40K miles

The Acura RDX or MDX comes close, so does the Jeep Cherokee.  Another option is the 6-cylinder Subaru Outback, but she really hates that car for some reason.  We are still looking.

I love my Dodge Charger R/T; nice road car, good power, decent mileage, and I can carry 2 sets of clubs and either two push carts or two roll-aboard suitcases in the trunk.  That was my criteria.

Bought my wife the Hyundai Tuscon last year, compact, sporty and will fit 2x4x8's easily with the seats down. They are sub 25k used for last years model with not many miles. Not sure if your still looking after the audi debacle but my wife drove the q5, the jeep cherokee, and the tuscon and liked the tuscon. I think the tech features are what sold her. Android auto and apple carplay are nice

Price source was a quick check on Carvana

We'll probably check out the Atlas down the line once a few of the versions have gotten all of their hugs out and things together. Love my Jetta a ton. Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Glad you chose Hyundai, they are, in my opinon, the most underrated car brand.  

For anyone else looking, do checkout Hyundai, I had a great experience at their dealership last year and their features for the price are some of the best. Warranties match the best in the industry as well.

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Thanks.

I know she's looking for a used one. One dealer had a certified pre owned 2017 Sport with 10k but stil wanted 32k for it.

Good luck with the shipping.

Yes, our dealer had one too.  The Sport has the turbo V-6 that has great acceleration. That's why the price is high, but gas mileage is way down.  

Bought my wife the Hyundai Tuscon last year, compact, sporty and will fit 2x4x8's easily with the seats down. They are sub 25k used for last years model with not many miles. Not sure if your still looking after the audi debacle but my wife drove the q5, the jeep cherokee, and the tuscon and liked the tuscon. I think the tech features are what sold her. Android auto and apple carplay are nice

Price source was a quick check on Carvana

Glad you chose Hyundai, they are, in my opinon, the most underrated car brand.  

For anyone else looking, do checkout Hyundai, I had a great experience at their dealership last year and their features for the price are some of the best. Warranties match the best in the industry as well.

She hasn't driven the Hyundai Tucson yet.  Acceleration is a little slow for her, I think.

Her brother was a platinum Hyundai salesman for 10 years in Spokane before he passed away.  She has two brothers that bought the Santa Fe and loves them but the V-6 is a bit of a gas hog.

Congrats on the purchase CG2! It's so tough for me to decide on a car because I always want something out of my price range and I have a hard time coming to terms with buying something that I don't love.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond