Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Who has a 'Gaming Chair'?

perseveringgolfer

Needing one for my son who plays....wait for it...Fortnite! Think every kid on the planet plays this 'free' game that costs a fortune to progress  :mad:

Anyway, looking to get him a decent but cost effective chair as he either slumps sitting on the table edge or stands about 5 inches from the screen. :blink:

Any recommendations?

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Oh man, video games!

What system does he play on - sounds like a xbox/playstation/consol on a TV? Or is it a computer on a desk?

I wouldn't recommend a chair marketed as "Gaming Chair" - they usually look more like a race car seat (think wing type fixtures at the shoulders...)and are marked up in price to sell you on it's "elite" status. More look than function, you're better served looking for a good chair.

The best chairs I've used for gaming aren't ones that are amazingly comfortable right off the bat, it's the ones that never get uncomfortable. You're not looking for something to nap in, you want to park yourself somewhere and not have your seat distract you. I like mesh because it breaths and reduces swamp ass.

A few suggestions:

Staples Hyken Technical Mesh Task Chair, Black

A mix between office and "gaming" with a footrest

Option that can recline

These are examples of what I would look for - I have no experience with these specific models.

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day

Lol Fortnite... kick him out of the house!!!

But I agree with Yeti, instead of those gaming chairs, get a good office chair. And mesh is more comfortable than leather as well, cooler in the summer and warmer in winter.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Lol Fortnite... kick him out of the house!!!

By I agree with Yeti, instead of those gaming chairs, get a good office chair. And mesh is more comfortable than leather as well, cooler in the summer and warmer in winter.

wish I'd invented the damn game!  :rolleyes:

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

wish I'd invented the damn game! :rolleyes:

Or FB, or Google, or or or... :D

Seen the movie Hot Tub Time Machine? There is also a part 2

:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

Or FB, or Google, or or or... :D

Seen the movie Hot Tub Time Machine? There is also a part 2

plus I wish I written that damn 'Frozen' song as well...........

Havent seen that movie- is it in the same vein as Dude, wheres my car?

Hmmm it's a comedy alright, but not as stupid as Dude, Where's My Car. At least not the way I remember it.

Hmmm it's a comedy alright, but not as stupid as Dude, Where's My Car. At least not the way I remember it.

cool, I like good comedies but some are just an insult to intelligent people.

What the ---- is a gaming chair?  I must be getting old!!!

it's a chair you sit in when gaming.

Gaming is usually done thru an electronic box called a console (it can be a personal computer also) depicting digitised graphics of either motor racing/football/shooting etc

I'm pretty sure electronic games have been around for the last 50 years. You must be very old  :P  :P  :P

Preserving, does he stream or is this just something he does because he finds it fun? I'd assume it's the latter but I want to know before giving a recommendation.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

My gaming chair is also known as a “recliner”

I set a beer on the table next to it

I always keep the “remote” right next to the beer

Often I'll hav e some chips and salsa there too

When the game starts, I watch it and consume the edibles.

Often times, I'll lean back and raise the lower portion too for maximum comfort.

Quite often while watching a game of golf, I can actually sneak in a nap.

I believe it to be the ultimate “gaming chair”

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Preserving, does he stream or is this just something he does because he finds it fun? I'd assume it's the latter but I want to know before giving a recommendation.

he plays xbox and watches youtube and netflix anime 'stuff'. Oh the youth of today  :rolleyes:

he plays xbox and watches youtube and netflix anime 'stuff'. Oh the youth of today  :rolleyes:

So, I guess my point is this. If he just uses it casually for stuff, you can spring for something a little less expensive and maybe not high end. However, if he's going to be spending a lot of time in it it's important you buy something comfortable and sturdy from a proven company just like you would any piece of furniture. It's better to get him something that's going to last over something that's just for convenience. DXRacer seems to be solid as are other brands like Furmax and Respawn.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Archived