Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Recent Movies you'd recommend?

perseveringgolfer

Talking with a mate today and realised I've seen a few recently that I really enjoyed- some that were total pants yet had 'A' list movie stars like Keanu in the movie Siberia :mad:

However, anyone want a gritty no nonsense cracking story with serious action try 'Brawl in Cell Block 99', Vince Vaugh and Don Johnson. violent but you cant look away.

'Den of Thieves' with Gerard Butler in a cracking cops and robbers flick.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

It's been out a while but Jumanji was really entertaining and is family friendly. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

None to recommend. Everything they put out today is total excrement.

Sent from my coral using MyGolfSpy mobile app

have you seen the ones I mentioned? or Sicario and Sicario2?

Mission Impossible-Fallout I heard was excellent, haven't seen it yet.

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Love the Marvel films. Watched them all this summer in order. Tag is good if you want a movie you don't have to think through.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

This year has been real good for documentaries. Recommend Won't You Be My Neighbor, Three Identical Strangers, and RBG. Currently in theaters, Searching is a fantastic movie.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

have you seen the ones I mentioned? or Sicario and Sicario2?

Mission Impossible-Fallout I heard was excellent, haven't seen it yet.

I saw Sicario. Way too violent. That's a huge prevailing theme in movies these days, and maybe I'm getting old, but why does every movie have to have guns and fights in just about every scene?

Also, do we always have to see two people having sex? I get it, they fall in love, and do their private thing. But why do we have to leave nothing to the imagination anymore?

The older I get, the fewer movies I even bother seeing. Hollywood has lost the art of story telling. When you make a movie, tell me a great story that will get me emotional and draw me into the characters.

Maybe I will be the only one thinking this way, and that's ok. But I'm tired of the Adam Sandler/Ben Stiller/Vince Vaughn potty humor. I'm tired of the sophomoric 3rd grade intelligence level Will Ferrell and Jim Carey movie where we make stupid jokes about what people look like, and 10,000 other juvenile subjects that I stopped finding funny after 6th grade.

If you really want to know what my favorite movie is? "Dances With Wolves," with Kevin Costner. Great music, excellent story, and characters that I am drawn to and get emotional over. I still cry at the end of that movie when Wind In His Hair cries out to Dances With Wolves...

https://youtu.be/nLABrjgZ2PU

Movies like this are hard to come by anymore. We're stuck with a thousand horror flicks, zombie and vampire sketches, and 10,000 different Marvel super hero remakes that frankly are just regurgitating the same tired story lines, using nothing by CG and computer effects to the point where you don't even know what's real and what is fake anymore.

Tell me a story. Tell me a great story, or I will not waste my time seeing 2+ hours of crap you pass for cinema.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Love the Marvel films. Watched them all this summer in order. Tag is good if you want a movie you don't have to think through.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

My wife and I just watched Tag. We both thought it was good. Nice comedy with a little heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: TM M1 9.5*

4W: Wishon bent FLAT

Irons: Mizuno MP20MB

Wedges: 50/55/60 Mizuno

Putter: Evnroll ER2

The older I get, the fewer movies I even bother seeing. Hollywood has lost the art of story telling. When you make a movie, tell me a great story that will get me emotional and draw me into the characters.

Movies like this are hard to come by anymore. 

Tell me a story. Tell me a great story, or I will not waste my time seeing 2+ hours of crap you pass for cinema.

I hear ya! I agree about the 3rd grade nonsense and finding a gem is getting harder these days.

Dances with Wolves- wonderful and agree.

Heres a couple of movies for you (if you havent already seen them) that based on what you said I think you will enjoy.

Legends of the Fall - one of my favourites

Wonder - came out last year with Owen Wilson and Julia Roberts. 

I defy you not to be engrossed or shed a tear (happy and sad) with both movies.

I saw Sicario. Way too violent. That's a huge prevailing theme in movies these days, and maybe I'm getting old, but why does every movie have to have guns and fights in just about every scene?

Also, do we always have to see two people having sex? I get it, they fall in love, and do their private thing. But why do we have to leave nothing to the imagination anymore?

Maybe I will be the only one thinking this way, and that's ok. But I'm tired of the Adam Sandler/Ben Stiller/Vince Vaughn potty humor. I'm tired of the sophomoric 3rd grade intelligence level Will Ferrell and Jim Carey movie where we make stupid jokes about what people look like, and 10,000 other juvenile subjects that I stopped finding funny after 6th grade.

If you really want to know what my favorite movie is? "Dances With Wolves," with Kevin Costner. Great music, excellent story, and characters that I am drawn to and get emotional over. I still cry at the end of that movie when Wind In His Hair cries out to Dances With Wolves...

https://youtu.be/nLABrjgZ2PU

Movies like this are hard to come by anymore. We're stuck with a thousand horror flicks, zombie and vampire sketches, and 10,000 different Marvel super hero remakes that frankly are just regurgitating the same tired story lines, using nothing by CG and computer effects to the point where you don't even know what's real and what is fake anymore.

Dances with wolves was a great movie. One of my favorites is The Last Samurai, it's another that tells a story.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I hear ya! I agree about the 3rd grade nonsense and finding a gem is getting harder these days.

Dances with Wolves- wonderful and agree.

Heres a couple of movies for you (if you havent already seen them) that based on what you said I think you will enjoy.

Legends of the Fall - one of my favourites

Wonder - came out last year with Owen Wilson and Julia Roberts.

I defy you not to be engrossed or shed a tear (happy and sad) with both movies.

Legends of the fall was good.

Wonder, really good family movie. Surprisingly good story.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Heres another one for you- NO CGI, cracking story, superbly told, great acting, beautiful cinematography and music.

Christian Bale in Hostiles.

Watch it and come back with your thoughts, GSwag I'd be interested to hear if this qualifies as a good movie in your book. It Does in mine.

Now is the time of year where I start to get giddy and know that my MoviePass is going to get a workout, even though I've got to be a bit more calculating with selections since it's three a month now. This summer I watched A Quiet Place (highly recommended), Avengers: Infinity War, Deadpool 2, Life of The Party, Best F®iends Vol. 1&2, Book Club, Hotel Artemis, Tag, RBG, Three Identical Strangers, BlackkKlansman (highly recommended), Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again, The Meg, Searching and West Side Story. Still have to watch Hereditary, Happytime Murders, and Crazy Rich Asians 

I mean, now that we're getting into Oscar season, it's gonna be nuts. Here's the tentative list of stuff I'm interesting in this fall/winter

October: Venom, A Star Is Born, First Man, Bad Times at the El Royale, Halloween, Can You Ever Forgive Me, Serenity, What They Had

November: Nutcracker and The 4 Realms, Bohemian Rhapsody, The Front Runner, Creed II, If Beale Street Could Talk

December: Mary Queen of Scots, Mortal Engines, Mary Poppins Returns, Aquaman, Alita: Battle Angel, Welcome To Marwen, On The Basis of Sex

The advantages of dating a film studies major... she's got a list too. Gonna be a busy fall for films everyone.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Heres another one for you- NO CGI, cracking story, superbly told, great acting, beautiful cinematography and music.

Christian Bale in Hostiles.

Watch it and come back with your thoughts, GSwag I'd be interested to hear if this qualifies as a good movie in your book. It Does in mine.

I'll have to check it out.  Thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 9/24/2018 at 4:24 PM, GSwag said:

I'll have to check it out.  Thanks.

did you watch it?

2 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

did you watch it?

not yet.  I watched the preview though.

Smallfoot! If you have kids.... It was good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Archived