Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How much has your bag changed since the beginning of the season?

With the front line bag nothing much except I do rotate between 2 putters a 8802 style and a Rusty Scotty Santa Fe. Now if you ask me on the vintage side I will tell you how much time do you have and how many gigabytes does MGS have? On the vintage side I have so much stuff it is a constant rotation sometimes even on the turn. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

*looks around to make sure wife isn't looking over my shoulder*

New driver shaft, then new driver, then another shaft.

New FW shaft

New hybrid. New hybrid shaft.

Irons? You'll have to wait for the Ping i210 review.

2 New wedges.

Putters: Ping Vault Anser Dale 2.0, Piretti Bosa, Odyssey Tank 7, Odyssey 1W WBW, TaylorMade Spider #3, and I'll buy one more here in the next week or so because... I'm a sad, sad man.

Only thing that stayed consistent... My bag.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

So... MGS had this Cobra Connect Challenge.  Maybe you heard about it?

😉

The F8 irons have been a game changer.  They are not going anywhere.  But since I hit the 4i and 5i the same distance, I may start messing with the loft of the 4i.  

The F8 driver has been kicked out of the bag for being short and inaccurate for me, and the old R11 is back.  I'll auditioning new candidates.

The F8 3h has been kicked out as well.  It's a hook machine.  This is leaving a pretty big hole in my bag between the 3w and the 4i.  It'll be interesting trying to fill it.  I may pull out an old TEE 3w from the garage, and then I can loft the F8 fairway wood up to 17*.

The G2i Craz-e is going nowhere for the time being.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

So like Hardcore looper. I got to play the Cobra F8's all summer, I have to say I'm not changing a thing. Over 8 weeks I dropped 7 strokes off my baseline shot my personal best round and had a blast doing to..

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Almost entirely because of being chosen to test the new Bridgestone Tour B JGR line. At this stage the only clubs that have survived is the Mizuno JPX-EZ 5 wood, Cleveland Smartsole S SW and my Yes Tracy. The Yes is likely to be replace with an Evnroll ERG 2 and the bag will also get to collect dust in the basement after seeing @Mr_Theoo C-130 hybrid.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

16 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

So... MGS had this Cobra Connect Challenge.  Maybe you heard about it?

😉

The F8 irons have been a game changer.  They are not going anywhere.  But since I hit the 4i and 5i the same distance, I may start messing with the loft of the 4i.  

The F8 driver has been kicked out of the bag for being short and inaccurate for me, and the old R11 is back.  I'll auditioning new candidates.

The F8 3h has been kicked out as well.  It's a hook machine.  This is leaving a pretty big hole in my bag between the 3w and the 4i.  It'll be interesting trying to fill it.  I may pull out an old TEE 3w from the garage, and then I can loft the F8 fairway wood up to 17*.

The G2i Craz-e is going nowhere for the time being.

That R-11 has darn near a cult like following with some folks. I had one I found in the bins and it had too stiff or a shaft for me. It was a stock TM Fujikura. Did not like the way it looked at address for me. Had no trouble at all selling it for $75. I maybe did not give it a proper chance since I am so in Love with that Homna G1-X and my 915 D-2 back up. If I had kept it and gamed it I would have painted it black. For some reason white drivers or even red drivers throw me off

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

19 hours ago, BIG STU said:

That R-11 has darn near a cult like following with some folks. I had one I found in the bins and it had too stiff or a shaft for me. It was a stock TM Fujikura. Did not like the way it looked at address for me. Had no trouble at all selling it for $75. I maybe did not give it a proper chance since I am so in Love with that Homna G1-X and my 915 D-2 back up. If I had kept it and gamed it I would have painted it black. For some reason white drivers or even red drivers throw me off

Might be time to give blue a shot, Stu!  😜

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

• 2 weeks later...

Since January of last year:

January  setup - Callaway RzrFit Driver, Adams hybrids VST(17/22), Wilson FG V2 irons, SM5 wedges, Ping Zing2 putter.

July - Cobra Fly-Z Driver, Cobra Forged-TECblack irons, SM6 wedges, same putter

Now - 

M1 Driver w/Rogue Silver,

TM Rescue 19*,

Ping i210 irons (as of yesterday),

CG15 and Tour Gorge wedge (placeholders),

Same ole Zing2 (been there since late 90's).

IMHO Best bag of clubs from a fit and tech perspective I've owned. 

I don't require latest/greatest just as long as setup doesn't put me behind the field before we tee off. 

My goal is to get my wedges more in line but both those are 56 and should be able to accomplish what I want outta the wedge game with one of those two for a while.

Putter is exactly right for me, so that factors into this big time.

WITB

Drivers: Cobra F9 w/Atmos

HOOK STICKS(hybrids): Adams Pro 20*/23*  hook sticks!🤓

IRONS: Bridgestone Tour Stage TS-202 (5-PW)  /  Yamaha Inpres XV Forged (5-PW)   /   Ping Eye2 (3-S)

WEDGES: Callaway MackDaddy2 52*/56*

PUTTER: Ping Zing2 /  Anser4  /  Bobby Grace LoPro   / Bobby Grace Fat Lady Swings

BALLS:   :srixon-small:  Z-Star    :vice:  Pro +

:ping-small:        :callaway-logo-1:   :cobra-small:   :1332069271_TommyArmour:      :bobby-grace-1:   :adams-small:      :cleveland-small: 

I did do 2 major major changes on the front line stuff since I posted on here Oct 8th. This is going to sound odd from me for some of the long time members that have known me on here for years. I have always been an old 588 Cleveland guy for many years or 252 Vokey series guy. LOL you can blame Djaid on this one. Out of the goodness of his heart he sent me a new unused LRA Mac wedge head. This is one of the last of the Forged Macgregors and sorta unappreciated and rare. Of course I built it. Had been playing it quite a bit in my strictly vintage set for the last 3 weeks. On strictly vintage I try to keep it period correct. so no wedges over 55* or 56*. Found out with that sole design that I could hit darn near any shot from any lie with it. I had gotten back to my roots so to speak by manipulating the club to fit the shot. When I went back to the front line bag I pulled both the 588s (56* 60*) and used this one to replace both. That wedge has what I call a neutral grind like we had in the old days. DJ that wedge reminds me of the old FC 4000s with the neutral split sole which are extremely rare any more. The other change was again anyone who knows me knows I am a big V-Steel fan. I switched up to a Adams Super S 16* fairway that I had had for a couple of years now. Did a little work on it in the weight distribution department. Got it where I liked it in the versatility department. I can hit either a high soft fade with it or a stinger cut or draw with it. So now I have simplified things for me only carrying 12 clubs in the main game bag. One of the guys at the club saw me yesterday and he likes to check out what I am hitting. He stated "I have known you for 10 years or so and this is the absolute first time I have seen you without a Cleveland or Vokey wedge of some sort in the bag or a V-Steel for that matter". I do not think he has ever checked out my vintage stuff any because I usually play Mac persimmon woods and some type of either Wilson , Macgregor or Spalding wedges there.  

G

On 10/9/2018 at 12:42 PM, JohnSmalls said:

Might be time to give blue a shot, Stu!  😜

Naah no blue for me. Lately I have gotten into the black primer look of the Homna. You know I was smoking that thing when I played with you. Played Indian Wells yesterday shot 38/34 -72 total bit had the Rusty Scotty in the bag. I putt good with the old blade Ironmaster you saw me with but about 50% better with the Scotty. Highlight of the day I birdied #18--- Busted that driver into a howling wind--- Normally would have been a 8 iron from there but the wind was so bad had to hit a 6 iron. Hit it to about 10 feet or so made the putt. Usually if I par that hole I run to the cart. Had just came off a bogey on 17 that tough par 3 over the water. Had jerked the 3 iron left and long and did not get it up and down so that bird was redemption

G

I did do 2 major major changes on the front line stuff since I posted on here Oct 8th. This is going to sound odd from me for some of the long time members that have known me on here for years. I have always been an old 588 Cleveland guy for many years or 252 Vokey series guy. LOL you can blame Djaid on this one. Out of the goodness of his heart he sent me a new unused LRA Mac wedge head. This is one of the last of the Forged Macgregors and sorta unappreciated and rare. Of course I built it. Had been playing it quite a bit in my strictly vintage set for the last 3 weeks. On strictly vintage I try to keep it period correct. so no wedges over 55* or 56*. Found out with that sole design that I could hit darn near any shot from any lie with it. I had gotten back to my roots so to speak by manipulating the club to fit the shot. When I went back to the front line bag I pulled both the 588s (56* 60*) and used this one to replace both. That wedge has what I call a neutral grind like we had in the old days. DJ that wedge reminds me of the old FC 4000s with the neutral split sole which are extremely rare any more. The other change was again anyone who knows me knows I am a big V-Steel fan. I switched up to a Adams Super S 16* fairway that I had had for a couple of years now. Did a little work on it in the weight distribution department. Got it where I liked it in the versatility department. I can hit either a high soft fade with it or a stinger cut or draw with it. So now I have simplified things for me only carrying 12 clubs in the main game bag. One of the guys at the club saw me yesterday and he likes to check out what I am hitting. He stated "I have known you for 10 years or so and this is the absolute first time I have seen you without a Cleveland or Vokey wedge of some sort in the bag or a V-Steel for that matter". I do not think he has ever checked out my vintage stuff any because I usually play Mac persimmon woods and some type of either Wilson , Macgregor or Spalding wedges there.  

You know, I had two of those LRA sand wedges, the other I played with my KZG’s and included when I sold those clubs.

It really is a versatile wedge. I wasn’t carrying anything higher lofted than it either when I was bagging it. You can open it up and hit nice high flops pretty easy with it. Plus it’s got a nice feel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

My bag still has the Hogan’s in it, but I’ve got a lot of different Persimmons to choose from now. Might take the Macgregor Tommy Armour 925 Woods for a spin today. Probably just go to the range though. Been remodeling a bathroom for the last 6 days, don’t even know if I can even hold a club my hands are so sore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

There's still time left in the season. So I should probably hold off answering for now

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I've changed my whole bag since November

The driver, 3w and hybrids were all Titleist 910 and and these have been replace by Callaway Epic and has given me a more consistent strike

My irons were Titleist AP1 710 r300 dynamic gold shafts and these have been replaced with a set of Srixon Z565 with stiff Nippon NS Pro 950GH shafts. These have given me an extra 10 yds on the AP1s

Cleveland 588 RTX2.0 wedges updated to RTX 3.0, these are probably the least successful purchase. Better around the green but don't seem to get the same distance as the old wedges

And I've sorted of changed my putter from my old TM Rosa Monza to a Cleveland Huntington Beach Collection 10 putter. Although after using the new putter for 4 weeks I'm back to the Rosa Monza yesterday.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

• 2 months later...

Replaced my GBB with a Razr-Fit driver.

Added a Golf Buddy Voice 2.

Playing Pride Evolution U.S. Flag tee's.

Now carrying a pint of Fireball and 4 plastic shot cups as my "birdie juice".

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Wow, my bag changed quite a bit this year. Driver moved from KZG to G400 Max, 3w moved from Callaway XR to Exotics EX9 Tour, I added the EX9 5w, then the irons went from Edel to Mizuno MP-18 SC, to Hogan (tester), then finally to Ping i210. I got new Edel wedges, but the same as I had before, and the putter changed from Edel E-3 to SeeMore Si2. Heck, even my bag changed from the Sun Mountain XCR, to the Titleist stand bag I won from Ship Sticks and the Golf Channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Only the top end of my bag changed.

Dropped the fli-hi for a 5w and G400 Max changed to a TS2. Next will probably be dropping my 4i for a hybrid.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Quite a bit for me as well. Epic GBB replaced the G20 driver. WS C300's replaced the G20 irons. I went back and forth on my 60* LW between the RTX 3.0 and the Ping Eye. The Ping won out in the end, however kept the RTX 52* and 56* in the bag. Also experimented with a number of different balls: started out with Pro V1s, then went to TP5, 6B, chrome soft but ended up with the Pro Vs.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 9/22/2018 at 11:05 AM, GB13 said:

I changed my putter from an Odeyssey White Hot #1 to a Ping Sigma G B60 which was a wonderful move for my game.

I also went from a TMAG Aeroburner 3 hybrid to a Mizuno MP18 MMC-FLI HI 2 iron. Another great move, took the left side completely out of play and added 20 yards to my consistent driving club.

It was a slow year for changes for me. Everything was just working so well.

Driver and 3W are/were on the hot seat. 3W turned itself around and now that I am doing the TGF testing, the driver is moving out soon!

Even though my season has been over for a while, I have made a few offseason adjustments. 

If you were following the TGF review, you'll know the W/S C300 driver replaced the old Aeroburner. 

I also got rid of the TM Aeroburner 3W for a Callaway Rogue 3W. According to the LM, I've gained about 15 yards and really fixed my gapping. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Replaced my 10 year old driver with Mizuno ST, new 48,52,56 SM7’s ( love my new ninjas), 50 cent Wilson 2 iron with 7i shaft from my old set of shafts, set of Project x 5.5’s replacing 6.5’s, BB&F ferrules. Bethpage Black driver headcover, MGS putter cover (driver MGS HEADCOVER too, but I purchased the BPB cover on a trip to BP that I also stopped at MGS). Put a 30 year old Wilson bag in play for 5-7 club days with a brand new Jones strap. Working on fairways now with rentals from Global Golf’s U-try program. I loved the t TS2 but have the epic rouge to try now.
Biggest change in a long long time. 56443256716__AD5C0121-ACEA-4AE4-84BC-AF3B0330921D.JPG56166622789__11BFCCB4-14F7-439C-BFC6-756A56CC26DA.JPG56148985451__F08F8241-BD74-4406-9F7E-172B8548FD23.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

From the start of the year my bag changed.
Started with a big upgrade from a used TM Burner driver to a TM M2. Months later I sized up on my grip.

Added a new Odyssey V-Fang putter.

From there I put on a stiff flex shaft on my Cobra F6 3/4 wood.

Traded in my used Mizuno 4 wood and got a Callaway Rogue 4H which I love.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M2 D-Type, 9.5 degrees, (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

3/4W -  :cobra-small: King F6 Black 3-4 Wood (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4H -  :callaway-small: Rogue (Stiff flex) (Stock grip) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4-AW -  :callaway-small: Steelhead XR Irons (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grips, 7i with Winn Dri-Tac X Grip) 

SW -  :callaway-small: 56* X-Wedge

60* -  :callaway-small: MD4 Wedge

Putter - Odyssey White Hot RX #7

Bag -  :callaway-small: ORG 14 cart bag

Start of the year:

Driver- TM 2016 M2 Regular Flex
3 Wood- TM 2017 M1 HL Regular Flex
Hybrid(s)- Cobra F8 One Length 3 19* and 4 22* Regular Flex
Irons- Cobra F7 One Length Regular Flex 5-Gw
Wedges- Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54* and 58*
Putter- Odyssey O Works Black #1 34” Super Stroke 2.0 Grip

New/ Changes:

Driver- Ping G400 Max 10.5* Stiff Shaft Alta CB
Wood- Ping G400 5 Wood Stiff Shaft Alta CB
Hybrid- Dropped the 19*
Putter- Changed to Super Stroke Pistol 1.0 Grip

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver-  :taylormade-small:  2016 M2 12* Tensei Red Stiff

Wood(s)- :ping-small:  G400 5 Wood 16.9*/ 7 Wood 21.1* Alta CB Stiff

Irons-:mizuno-small:   JPX 900 Forged 6-GW NS Pro 950GH 

Wedges- :cleveland-small:   RTX 3 54*  588 RTX 2.0  58*   RTX 4 64*

Putter-  :taylormade-small:  Spider Tour Black 

Instagram- @patrickleeleep

On 12/26/2018 at 11:27 PM, kingcscott said:

Replaced my 10 year old driver with Mizuno ST, new 48,52,56 SM7’s ( love my new ninjas), 50 cent Wilson 2 iron with 7i shaft from my old set of shafts, set of Project x 5.5’s replacing 6.5’s, BB&F ferrules. Bethpage Black driver headcover, MGS putter cover (driver MGS HEADCOVER too, but I purchased the BPB cover on a trip to BP that I also stopped at MGS). Put a 30 year old Wilson bag in play for 5-7 club days with a brand new Jones strap. Working on fairways now with rentals from Global Golf’s U-try program. I loved the t TS2 but have the epic rouge to try now.
Biggest change in a long long time. 56443256716__AD5C0121-ACEA-4AE4-84BC-AF3B0330921D.JPG56166622789__11BFCCB4-14F7-439C-BFC6-756A56CC26DA.JPG56148985451__F08F8241-BD74-4406-9F7E-172B8548FD23.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

Love the old Wilson bag right up my alley

G

On 9/27/2018 at 10:41 AM, Middler said:

No changes here, but I pride myself on sticking with clubs for the very long haul, often 10-20 years. I've played for 54 years and owned 4 sets of woods, 2 hybrids, 3 sets of irons and 4 putters. I learned long ago that my equipment has very little to do with my results, my mistakes are at least 95% operator error.

It just so happens I bought new woods, 3H & irons last winter, custom fitted, and my results haven't changed at all this year. My previous irons were 22 years old, but I could've probably just continued to play them...

LOL irons only 22 years old that ain't old Look at my signature

G

Start of Season

Driver- Ping G

3 Wood- Ping G

Hybrid- Ping G

Irons- Bridgestone J15cb 4-pw

Wedges- Cleveland Rtx 3. 50,54,58

Putter- Machine M2 adjuster

End of Year

Driver- Mizuno jpx900

3wood- Mizuno st180

Hybrid- Mizuno jpx900

Irons- same J15cb

Wedges- Mizuno s18. 50,54,58

Putter- same Machine

Had a couple additional driver changes during the season and very happy where I’m at for 2019. Can’t imagine not playing Bridgestone irons moving forward and the Mizuno woods are underrated. Hope I have a short winter in Wisconsin.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Started the season with the same clubs I've been playing with the last 2-3 seasons. Decided to make a few changes. 

Start of Season:

Driver: Ping G

3 Wood: Callaway X2 Hot

5 Wood: Aeroburner

Irons: Ping G15

Wedges: Mismatched, Titleist 56, 58, 60  and a unknown 64. 

Putter: White Ice 2 Ball

Now:

Same driver, 3 and 5 wood, but made changes to my irons and putter.

Was having trouble hitting my irons consistently because of my growing swing speed and the graphite shafts, so I got some Taylormade Rocketbladez. (yes I know, not the best.)

Got a new putter, changed from a 2 ball to a blade. Odyssey Versa, and I love it. 

Archived