deejaid

How much has your bag changed since the beginning of the season?

No changes here, but I pride myself on sticking with clubs for the very long haul, often 10-20 years. I've played for 54 years and owned 4 sets of woods, 2 hybrids, 3 sets of irons and 4 putters. I learned long ago that my equipment has very little to do with my results, my mistakes are at least 95% operator error.

It just so happens I bought new woods, 3H & irons last winter, custom fitted, and my results haven't changed at all this year. My previous irons were 22 years old, but I could've probably just continued to play them...

• Like 3

Thanks to the Bridgestone Tour B JGR testing opportunity, the only clubs still in my bag are SW and 60*. Putter has been rotating depending on my mood between my Ping and an old STX.

• Like 4

This season has seen my bad change immensely. Thanks to some lessons and discussions with my coach I stopped carrying a 3 wood in my bag. I've changed the irons in my bag from ping g20 to Mizuno jpx900, I've added a Callaway rogue hybrid to my bag as well as replaced my old ping wedges with Cleveland cbx wedges as well as changed putters to the Cleveland Huntington Beach 6.

It's been a big year for my bag but that hopefully means that in the next few years it will be calmer

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Other than the Ping G700 irons going in (and back out) for review purposes, no change here.

Might be some changes in the next few months, but if what I'm looking at isn't better than the current, it will continue as is.

• Like 2

replaced my Cobra AMP Cell Pro irons, with Mizuno JPX 825 Pro irons, went from DG S300 to DG R300. 

Took My Fly Z + out the bag and put in my ZL Encore cut down. 

Took my Bio Cell 3/4w out and put my Snake Eyes DIY 3w in. 

Added a 2nd towel, ;)  Got a new rain jacket :)

Replaced battery in my range finder :)

• Like 1

I started the year sure I was gonna keep the entire bag. Now here we are and only a couple things stayed in the bag. Being a Lefty and not living in a metro area forces me to buy and try.

Driver

Started year with Ping G10.5 w/ Fujikura Pro 62. The head and shaft combo didnâ€t work. Been playing Cobra F7+ w/ fuijkura Pro 60. Been a struggle as well. Have Mizuno JPX 900 w/ speeder Evol II 569 on its way. Hoping I have found the one. Update as of 9/30. Just hit the Jpx 900. Love it love it love it. Shaft combo just works for me. Was hitting 270+ which is great for me.

3 wood

Started the year with Ping G. Just put in a Mizuno ST 180 with Tensi Blue. Already launching farther.

Hybrid

Again started with Ping G. Also just switched to Jpx 900 19 degree hybrid. Hit it a few times and love it.

Irons

still have my favorite irons ever. Bridgestone J15cb. Canâ€t say enough good things.

Wedges

Have been playing Rtx 3 for the past year and have been a struggle. V sole and me just donâ€t get along. Recently put in Mizuno S18 Wedges. 50, 54 and 58. Already love them and enjoy they are forged. Even with the Boron they feel soo nice. Love them

Putter

Only other club to not change. Started year with Machine MA 1 adjuster and still gaming it. Love it.

There is my story. I hope to have my bag for awhile as my pocket book canâ€t take much more Change.

• Like 1

New driver for me. Mizuno JPX EZ now Titleist 917D

Everything else same. Wouldn't have needed the new driver if I wouldn't have had a little mishap and snap the shaft by the head. Moment of anger

• Like 1

My bag changed a lot since the beginning of the season, in that I got a new bag.  Most of the contents, however, remain the same.  I did add a rain suit and a quick reference guide to the rules of golf though. 

• Like 2

My whole bag changed a lot throughout the year.  Before leaving on the family vacation to Ireland/Scotland, I sold pretty much the whole starting lineup to help finance some golfing at St. Andrews.  I was planning on playing with the backup bag of oldies with the exception of the Driver until my wife surprised me with a set of Adams XTD A Tour irons for our anniversary.  The irons are actually amazing and aren't going anywhere however I am not sure I care for the Callaway Legacy Black 440 Driver I am currently gaming.  That may be the only switch I make except perhaps a new 3 wood.  The irons and putter are fimly in the bag for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

Lucky for me it hasn’t. Only thing I may get new wedges. Same wedges just new ones 

With the front line bag nothing much except I do rotate between 2 putters a 8802 style and a Rusty Scotty Santa Fe. Now if you ask me on the vintage side I will tell you how much time do you have and how many gigabytes does MGS have? On the vintage side I have so much stuff it is a constant rotation sometimes even on the turn. 

• Like 2

*looks around to make sure wife isn't looking over my shoulder*

New driver shaft, then new driver, then another shaft.

New FW shaft

New hybrid. New hybrid shaft.

Irons? You'll have to wait for the Ping i210 review.

2 New wedges.

Putters: Ping Vault Anser Dale 2.0, Piretti Bosa, Odyssey Tank 7, Odyssey 1W WBW, TaylorMade Spider #3, and I'll buy one more here in the next week or so because... I'm a sad, sad man.

Only thing that stayed consistent... My bag.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

So... MGS had this Cobra Connect Challenge.  Maybe you heard about it?

😉

The F8 irons have been a game changer.  They are not going anywhere.  But since I hit the 4i and 5i the same distance, I may start messing with the loft of the 4i.  

The F8 driver has been kicked out of the bag for being short and inaccurate for me, and the old R11 is back.  I'll auditioning new candidates.

The F8 3h has been kicked out as well.  It's a hook machine.  This is leaving a pretty big hole in my bag between the 3w and the 4i.  It'll be interesting trying to fill it.  I may pull out an old TEE 3w from the garage, and then I can loft the F8 fairway wood up to 17*.

The G2i Craz-e is going nowhere for the time being.

So like Hardcore looper. I got to play the Cobra F8's all summer, I have to say I'm not changing a thing. Over 8 weeks I dropped 7 strokes off my baseline shot my personal best round and had a blast doing to..

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Almost entirely because of being chosen to test the new Bridgestone Tour B JGR line. At this stage the only clubs that have survived is the Mizuno JPX-EZ 5 wood, Cleveland Smartsole S SW and my Yes Tracy. The Yes is likely to be replace with an Evnroll ERG 2 and the bag will also get to collect dust in the basement after seeing @Mr_Theoo C-130 hybrid.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

So... MGS had this Cobra Connect Challenge.  Maybe you heard about it?

😉

The F8 irons have been a game changer.  They are not going anywhere.  But since I hit the 4i and 5i the same distance, I may start messing with the loft of the 4i.  

The F8 driver has been kicked out of the bag for being short and inaccurate for me, and the old R11 is back.  I'll auditioning new candidates.

The F8 3h has been kicked out as well.  It's a hook machine.  This is leaving a pretty big hole in my bag between the 3w and the 4i.  It'll be interesting trying to fill it.  I may pull out an old TEE 3w from the garage, and then I can loft the F8 fairway wood up to 17*.

The G2i Craz-e is going nowhere for the time being.

That R-11 has darn near a cult like following with some folks. I had one I found in the bins and it had too stiff or a shaft for me. It was a stock TM Fujikura. Did not like the way it looked at address for me. Had no trouble at all selling it for $75. I maybe did not give it a proper chance since I am so in Love with that Homna G1-X and my 915 D-2 back up. If I had kept it and gamed it I would have painted it black. For some reason white drivers or even red drivers throw me off

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BIG STU said:

That R-11 has darn near a cult like following with some folks. I had one I found in the bins and it had too stiff or a shaft for me. It was a stock TM Fujikura. Did not like the way it looked at address for me. Had no trouble at all selling it for $75. I maybe did not give it a proper chance since I am so in Love with that Homna G1-X and my 915 D-2 back up. If I had kept it and gamed it I would have painted it black. For some reason white drivers or even red drivers throw me off

Might be time to give blue a shot, Stu!  😜

• Haha 1