deejaid

How much has your bag changed since the beginning of the season?

On 10/9/2018 at 12:42 PM, JohnSmalls said:

Might be time to give blue a shot, Stu!  😜

Naah no blue for me. Lately I have gotten into the black primer look of the Homna. You know I was smoking that thing when I played with you. Played Indian Wells yesterday shot 38/34 -72 total bit had the Rusty Scotty in the bag. I putt good with the old blade Ironmaster you saw me with but about 50% better with the Scotty. Highlight of the day I birdied #18--- Busted that driver into a howling wind--- Normally would have been a 8 iron from there but the wind was so bad had to hit a 6 iron. Hit it to about 10 feet or so made the putt. Usually if I par that hole I run to the cart. Had just came off a bogey on 17 that tough par 3 over the water. Had jerked the 3 iron left and long and did not get it up and down so that bird was redemption

I did do 2 major major changes on the front line stuff since I posted on here Oct 8th. This is going to sound odd from me for some of the long time members that have known me on here for years. I have always been an old 588 Cleveland guy for many years or 252 Vokey series guy. LOL you can blame Djaid on this one. Out of the goodness of his heart he sent me a new unused LRA Mac wedge head. This is one of the last of the Forged Macgregors and sorta unappreciated and rare. Of course I built it. Had been playing it quite a bit in my strictly vintage set for the last 3 weeks. On strictly vintage I try to keep it period correct. so no wedges over 55* or 56*. Found out with that sole design that I could hit darn near any shot from any lie with it. I had gotten back to my roots so to speak by manipulating the club to fit the shot. When I went back to the front line bag I pulled both the 588s (56* 60*) and used this one to replace both. That wedge has what I call a neutral grind like we had in the old days. DJ that wedge reminds me of the old FC 4000s with the neutral split sole which are extremely rare any more. The other change was again anyone who knows me knows I am a big V-Steel fan. I switched up to a Adams Super S 16* fairway that I had had for a couple of years now. Did a little work on it in the weight distribution department. Got it where I liked it in the versatility department. I can hit either a high soft fade with it or a stinger cut or draw with it. So now I have simplified things for me only carrying 12 clubs in the main game bag. One of the guys at the club saw me yesterday and he likes to check out what I am hitting. He stated "I have known you for 10 years or so and this is the absolute first time I have seen you without a Cleveland or Vokey wedge of some sort in the bag or a V-Steel for that matter". I do not think he has ever checked out my vintage stuff any because I usually play Mac persimmon woods and some type of either Wilson , Macgregor or Spalding wedges there.  

You know, I had two of those LRA sand wedges, the other I played with my KZG’s and included when I sold those clubs.

It really is a versatile wedge. I wasn’t carrying anything higher lofted than it either when I was bagging it. You can open it up and hit nice high flops pretty easy with it. Plus it’s got a nice feel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

My bag still has the Hogan’s in it, but I’ve got a lot of different Persimmons to choose from now. Might take the Macgregor Tommy Armour 925 Woods for a spin today. Probably just go to the range though. Been remodeling a bathroom for the last 6 days, don’t even know if I can even hold a club my hands are so sore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's still time left in the season. So I should probably hold off answering for now

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I've changed my whole bag since November

The driver, 3w and hybrids were all Titleist 910 and and these have been replace by Callaway Epic and has given me a more consistent strike

My irons were Titleist AP1 710 r300 dynamic gold shafts and these have been replaced with a set of Srixon Z565 with stiff Nippon NS Pro 950GH shafts. These have given me an extra 10 yds on the AP1s

Cleveland 588 RTX2.0 wedges updated to RTX 3.0, these are probably the least successful purchase. Better around the green but don't seem to get the same distance as the old wedges

And I've sorted of changed my putter from my old TM Rosa Monza to a Cleveland Huntington Beach Collection 10 putter. Although after using the new putter for 4 weeks I'm back to the Rosa Monza yesterday.

Replaced my GBB with a Razr-Fit driver.

Added a Golf Buddy Voice 2.

Playing Pride Evolution U.S. Flag tee's.

Now carrying a pint of Fireball and 4 plastic shot cups as my "birdie juice".

• Like 1

Wow, my bag changed quite a bit this year. Driver moved from KZG to G400 Max, 3w moved from Callaway XR to Exotics EX9 Tour, I added the EX9 5w, then the irons went from Edel to Mizuno MP-18 SC, to Hogan (tester), then finally to Ping i210. I got new Edel wedges, but the same as I had before, and the putter changed from Edel E-3 to SeeMore Si2. Heck, even my bag changed from the Sun Mountain XCR, to the Titleist stand bag I won from Ship Sticks and the Golf Channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Only the top end of my bag changed.

Dropped the fli-hi for a 5w and G400 Max changed to a TS2. Next will probably be dropping my 4i for a hybrid.

Quite a bit for me as well. Epic GBB replaced the G20 driver. WS C300's replaced the G20 irons. I went back and forth on my 60* LW between the RTX 3.0 and the Ping Eye. The Ping won out in the end, however kept the RTX 52* and 56* in the bag. Also experimented with a number of different balls: started out with Pro V1s, then went to TP5, 6B, chrome soft but ended up with the Pro Vs.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

On 9/22/2018 at 11:05 AM, GB13 said:

I changed my putter from an Odeyssey White Hot #1 to a Ping Sigma G B60 which was a wonderful move for my game.

I also went from a TMAG Aeroburner 3 hybrid to a Mizuno MP18 MMC-FLI HI 2 iron. Another great move, took the left side completely out of play and added 20 yards to my consistent driving club.

It was a slow year for changes for me. Everything was just working so well.

Driver and 3W are/were on the hot seat. 3W turned itself around and now that I am doing the TGF testing, the driver is moving out soon!

Even though my season has been over for a while, I have made a few offseason adjustments. 

If you were following the TGF review, you'll know the W/S C300 driver replaced the old Aeroburner. 

I also got rid of the TM Aeroburner 3W for a Callaway Rogue 3W. According to the LM, I've gained about 15 yards and really fixed my gapping. 

• Like 3

Replaced my 10 year old driver with Mizuno ST, new 48,52,56 SM7’s ( love my new ninjas), 50 cent Wilson 2 iron with 7i shaft from my old set of shafts, set of Project x 5.5’s replacing 6.5’s, BB&F ferrules. Bethpage Black driver headcover, MGS putter cover (driver MGS HEADCOVER too, but I purchased the BPB cover on a trip to BP that I also stopped at MGS). Put a 30 year old Wilson bag in play for 5-7 club days with a brand new Jones strap. Working on fairways now with rentals from Global Golf’s U-try program. I loved the t TS2 but have the epic rouge to try now.
Biggest change in a long long time. 56443256716__AD5C0121-ACEA-4AE4-84BC-AF3B0330921D.JPG56166622789__11BFCCB4-14F7-439C-BFC6-756A56CC26DA.JPG56148985451__F08F8241-BD74-4406-9F7E-172B8548FD23.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG
  • Like 3

From the start of the year my bag changed.
Started with a big upgrade from a used TM Burner driver to a TM M2. Months later I sized up on my grip.

Added a new Odyssey V-Fang putter.

From there I put on a stiff flex shaft on my Cobra F6 3/4 wood.

Traded in my used Mizuno 4 wood and got a Callaway Rogue 4H which I love.

Start of the year:

Driver- TM 2016 M2 Regular Flex
3 Wood- TM 2017 M1 HL Regular Flex
Hybrid(s)- Cobra F8 One Length 3 19* and 4 22* Regular Flex
Irons- Cobra F7 One Length Regular Flex 5-Gw
Wedges- Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54* and 58*
Putter- Odyssey O Works Black #1 34” Super Stroke 2.0 Grip

New/ Changes:

Driver- Ping G400 Max 10.5* Stiff Shaft Alta CB
Wood- Ping G400 5 Wood Stiff Shaft Alta CB
Hybrid- Dropped the 19*
Putter- Changed to Super Stroke Pistol 1.0 Grip

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

On 12/26/2018 at 11:27 PM, kingcscott said:

Replaced my 10 year old driver with Mizuno ST, new 48,52,56 SM7’s ( love my new ninjas), 50 cent Wilson 2 iron with 7i shaft from my old set of shafts, set of Project x 5.5’s replacing 6.5’s, BB&F ferrules. Bethpage Black driver headcover, MGS putter cover (driver MGS HEADCOVER too, but I purchased the BPB cover on a trip to BP that I also stopped at MGS). Put a 30 year old Wilson bag in play for 5-7 club days with a brand new Jones strap. Working on fairways now with rentals from Global Golf’s U-try program. I loved the t TS2 but have the epic rouge to try now.
Biggest change in a long long time. 56443256716__AD5C0121-ACEA-4AE4-84BC-AF3B0330921D.JPG56166622789__11BFCCB4-14F7-439C-BFC6-756A56CC26DA.JPG56148985451__F08F8241-BD74-4406-9F7E-172B8548FD23.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

Love the old Wilson bag right up my alley

On 9/27/2018 at 10:41 AM, Middler said:

No changes here, but I pride myself on sticking with clubs for the very long haul, often 10-20 years. I've played for 54 years and owned 4 sets of woods, 2 hybrids, 3 sets of irons and 4 putters. I learned long ago that my equipment has very little to do with my results, my mistakes are at least 95% operator error.

It just so happens I bought new woods, 3H & irons last winter, custom fitted, and my results haven't changed at all this year. My previous irons were 22 years old, but I could've probably just continued to play them...

LOL irons only 22 years old that ain't old Look at my signature

• Like 1

Start of Season

Driver- Ping G

3 Wood- Ping G

Hybrid- Ping G

Irons- Bridgestone J15cb 4-pw

Wedges- Cleveland Rtx 3. 50,54,58

Putter- Machine M2 adjuster

End of Year

Driver- Mizuno jpx900

3wood- Mizuno st180

Hybrid- Mizuno jpx900

Irons- same J15cb

Wedges- Mizuno s18. 50,54,58

Putter- same Machine

Had a couple additional driver changes during the season and very happy where I’m at for 2019. Can’t imagine not playing Bridgestone irons moving forward and the Mizuno woods are underrated. Hope I have a short winter in Wisconsin.

• Like 1

I added a tour exotics 3  Wood an EX 10 Beta with a Hazrdus Yellow 6.5. Shaft. Wow what a bazooka.  I had used a 712 u 2 iron  to fill the Gap but this 3 wood is crazy long and doesn't feel stiff at all. 

Screenshot_2019-01-08-22-30-14.jpg

Started the season with the same clubs I've been playing with the last 2-3 seasons. Decided to make a few changes. 

Start of Season:

Driver: Ping G

3 Wood: Callaway X2 Hot

5 Wood: Aeroburner

Irons: Ping G15

Wedges: Mismatched, Titleist 56, 58, 60  and a unknown 64. 

Putter: White Ice 2 Ball

Now:

Same driver, 3 and 5 wood, but made changes to my irons and putter.

Was having trouble hitting my irons consistently because of my growing swing speed and the graphite shafts, so I got some Taylormade Rocketbladez. (yes I know, not the best.)

Got a new putter, changed from a 2 ball to a blade. Odyssey Versa, and I love it.