Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

RYDER CUP WEEK

perseveringgolfer

9 hours ago, RoverRick said:

I have to disagree that it’s Furyk’s fault. He looked pretty smart Friday at noon.

What I saw late Friday and all day Saturday was Americans hitting driver in the rough. Contrast that with Sunday where I saw both teams hitting irons in the fairway. The Euros mostly had two guys playing a hole where the Americans had just 1.

Fleetwood and Molinari were simply incredible.

While I am not a DeSham fan, he simply got robbed of a 1/2 point, and I think it summed up this Ryder Cup on the final hole of the Cup. He stuffed it to gimme birdie range to tie win the hole and tie the match. Noren has 50-60’ and drains it to tie the hole and win the match.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Really DeSham was robbed, Noren let him off the hook at 17 taking 3 from the fringe. It was only fitting he holed the putt.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it incredible that the only USA team member that competed in the French Open at Le Golf National was JT. The stat that Sky kept on about was the number of "competitive rounds" the teams had played on the course USA = 8 (4 of these were JT this year), Europe = 250 with 2 previous winners and runners up on the team. Furyk should have insisted that the the contenders played the French Open. It is no surprise that JT was your top scorer.

Too many passengers on the team. Bubba never plays well at the RC, Phil and Reed's form had crashed, Tiger just looked down all week. 

Paul McGinley quoted on Sunday that the course suited Webb Simpson before he went out on Sunday to beat Rose so why was he not used in the fourballs.

On the tightness of the course, this is the setup the PGA should adopt on a week by week basis and ties in with, is distance ruining the game debate. Guys shouldn't be able to hit the ball 340yds  miss the fairway by 30yds and end up 90% of the time sitting in rough that allows them a shot to the green. Le Golf National was a classic risk reward course, summed up with the top match yesterday. JT hit a pearler at the 18th between water and rough, Rory pressure on put it in the bunker game over.

WIMB

31 minutes ago, Alf. S said:

I find it incredible that the only USA team member that competed in the French Open at Le Golf National was JT. The stat that Sky kept on about was the number of "competitive rounds" the teams had played on the course USA = 8 (4 of these were JT this year), Europe = 250 with 2 previous winners and runners up on the team. Furyk should have insisted that the the contenders played the French Open. It is no surprise that JT was your top scorer.

Too many passengers on the team. Bubba never plays well at the RC, Phil and Reed's form had crashed, Tiger just looked down all week. 

Paul McGinley quoted on Sunday that the course suited Webb Simpson before he went out on Sunday to beat Rose so why was he not used in the fourballs.

On the tightness of the course, this is the setup the PGA should adopt on a week by week basis and ties in with, is distance ruining the game debate. Guys shouldn't be able to hit the ball 340yds  miss the fairway by 30yds and end up 90% of the time sitting in rough that allows them a shot to the green. Le Golf National was a classic risk reward course, summed up with the top match yesterday. JT hit a pearler at the 18th between water and rough, Rory pressure on put it in the bunker game over.

Absolutely agree.  PGA has turned the game into a Longest Drive competition, rather than finesse and skill. 

As for Tiger, I thought he looked sick, Like flu or something. 

Everyone else just didn't show up, or at least their golf games.

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

1 hour ago, Alf. S said:

Really DeSham was robbed, Noren let him off the hook at 17 taking 3 from the fringe. It was only fitting he holed the putt.

I simply meant on that hole. I don't think he should have gotten it that far. (or made the trip to Europe) and robbed was perhaps the wrong word. But DeSham did get it to the 18th hole and then makes a great shot that virtually assures that he has a meaningless 1/2 point and Noren rips his heart out with one of the greatest putts of this Ryder Cup.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

1 hour ago, Alf. S said:

I couldn't agree with you more.  The opening paragraph is a shining example of why the Ryder Cup matters more to the Europeans than the US.  How many European Ryder Cup hopefuls will not play Whistling Straights at every opportunity before 2020?  There is no excuse for any US Ryder Cup hopeful to not play the French Open the past couple of years.

As for the last paragraph, the vast majority of courses the European Tour play are far superior to the vast majority of the TPC cookie-cutter crap the US Tour plays.

1 hour ago, Alf. S said:

100% agree with this, and 200% agree with the last statement.

I think that Furyk said only 6 of these players came over with him in June and practiced. But lack of familiarity was not the deciding factor. I only had to watch 2 holes early Friday morning to see that you could not hit this out of the rough. The US team should have throttled back with a wood, hybrid, or iron and taken the second shot out of the fairway.

Tiger spent the last 2 years first recovering then trying to get his game back. If he would not have won last weekend he may have played better this week. While I'm not saying that the Cup meant nothing to him, but it was so close to him winning last week he simply didn't have time to recover his energy level after accomplishing his odyssey back to the winners status. 

I'm just gonna put this out there, and then bookmark it for the next time the Tiger worshipers get giddy that he is winning something else...

Since the 1999 comeback, Team USA is 0-6 in RCs when Tiger plays and has been outscored 99-69. They are 2-1 when Tiger doesn't play and have outscored Europe 45-39.

He may be the greatest player of this generation individually, but he's being lapped at Ryder Cup by the likes of Sergio, Rose, Stenson, and Poulter, and it's not even close.

I suppose you can debate the merits of the importance of Ryder Cup, versus major championships and tournament victories, but I did hear one commentator put it this way yesterday...

The reason the Ryder Cup is so huge for the Euros is because they only have one major in the Open Championship, and then they consider the Ryder Cup their 2nd major.  Not so much with the Americans.

I had never thought of it that way, but that seems like a very good explanation for it all honestly.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

2 hours ago, kardboard.kid said:

Absolutely agree.  PGA has turned the game into a Longest Drive competition, rather than finesse and skill. 

As for Tiger, I thought he looked sick, Like flu or something. 

Everyone else just didn't show up, or at least their golf games.

Have to agree, many times I commented to (anyone who would listen to me 😏) that Tiger appeared 'out of sorts' and not firing on all cylinders.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

3 hours ago, Alf. S said:

Well, they can't play TPC Sawgrass every week, but you just made a fabulous argument for having the Americans host the Ryder Cup at TPC Sawgrass sometime in the near future.

8 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Have to agree, many times I commented to (anyone who would listen to me 😏) that Tiger appeared 'out of sorts' and not firing on all cylinders.

Tiger's game didn't fit the course at all. Therefore, he didn't put in 100% effort. I think that because of the course, Kisner or Xander would have been better picks. 

I am NOT arguing that they are better players, just that they fit the course better and are more accurate drivers. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

3 hours ago, Alf. S said:

This.  Excellent point, Alfs.  

However, this won't happen as the players control the PGA tour way more than people would like to admit.  Remember, all of the complaining in 2017 about the fairway bunker on the 12th hole at TPC Boston ensured that it was removed in 2018. 

I think that course design on the tour can be more balanced to have holes like Le Golf National as well as holes that allow for the "bomb and gouge" to allow multiple styles of players to succeed.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

1 minute ago, palvord said:

This.  Excellent point, Alfs.  

However, this won't happen as the players control the PGA tour way more than people would like to admit.  Remember, all of the complaining in 2017 about the fairway bunker on the 12th hole at TPC Boston ensured that it was removed in 2018. 

I think that course design on the tour can be more balanced to have holes like Le Golf National as well as holes that allow for the "bomb and gouge" to allow multiple styles of players to succeed.

The players have way too much power over course conditions. I would like to see a good balance. Some like Le Golf National and some bomb and gouge courses. The tour shouldn't cater to one type of player. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

1 hour ago, GSwag said:

I'm just gonna put this out there, and then bookmark it for the next time the Tiger worshipers get giddy that he is winning something else...

He may be the greatest player of this generation individually, but he's being lapped at Ryder Cup by the likes of Sergio, Rose, Stenson, and Poulter, and it's not even close.

I suppose you can debate the merits of the importance of Ryder Cup, versus major championships and tournament victories, but I did hear one commentator put it this way yesterday...

I had never thought of it that way, but that seems like a very good explanation for it all honestly.

Nope don't buy it, this is like saying after you've lost, I didn't really want to win it anyway and it's not an important competition. Most of the European players played in the other 3 US based majors plus 5 of them were playing in the Tour Championship and again in the WGC events. This is one of the only events a golfer gets to represent the USA so they shouldn't lack motivation. If you don't think the American's think it is important you only have to look at the celebrations at Hazeltine National. 

A bit like the European team at Hazeltine the USA was let down by the experienced wildcards. 2016 was an RC too far for Westwood and Kaymer was out of form. This time it was Phil and Tiger.

As for Reed blaming Speith for not wanting to play with him, the way he hit the ball the first 2 days no wonder.

WIMB

Huge congrats Europe! you more than deserved to get the trophy back. 

U.S. consolation prize: a fresh set of bed sheets 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

BTW

I think I watched 24 hours of coverage over the weekend from the 1st tee shot on Friday to Noren holing out on Sunday and really enjoyed it all, it was enthralling from start to finish. Even on Sunday it was in the balance until Rahm beat Tiger. My wife a none golfer watched the whole thing, I missed about 2 hours of the Foursomes on Friday left her on the sofa wrap in the quilt came back and she was still in the same quilt. Played golf on Saturday left mid way thru the Fourballs came back and she was still wrapped up in the quilt on the sofa.

WIMB

I have never been a Patrick Reed hater, but he has just about convinced me I was wrong, and I should hate him. I got delayed in California last week and didn't get home until midnight Saturday. I watched as much as I could on line, but recorded all of it. Sunday morning I played golf rather than watch live, but I can assure you, we would have been watching if the outcome looked like it might be different. I did watch the initial tee shots and introductions. Reed looked thrilled to be teamed with Tiger.

Raise your hands if you would rather be paired with Spieth than Tiger. Yeah. who would not be thrilled to have an opportunity to be partners with Tiger Woods on a Ryder Cup team.  He had to be thinking that they would win 4 points before each winning on Sunday.

Now, after he played like crap, and being benched, Reed blames Furyk for separating them. Perhaps we see that "Captain America" needed someone to keep him in matches so that he could make the hero shots. Tiger was not up to holding his hand.

Perhaps if the decision to break them up had not accounted for half the Friday and Saturday point totals he would have a point. At it is, it's simply childish ravings and have moved me over to the Reed Basher side. He better hope that he qualifies on points for the teams these next few years, because I doubt he will be a captain's pick.

On the subject of Captain's Picks, Furyk choose what turned out to be the winners of the last two tournaments in Woods and DeSham. And the most consistent player these last few months in Finau. Based on  Phil's play early this season I would have also taken him. I can't fault these picks since I may have also made them. Well, I would not have picked DeSham, but two wins the previous 2 weeks leading up to the pick almost made this a necessity. 3 out of 4 of these simply didn't perform. 

It would be very difficult for the European tour exclusively to use tour rankings, because most of their top players spend much of their time on the American tour.   Accordingly, the Europeans must use world rankings as well.  
The Ryder Cup incorporates two factors for which the USA players really suck.   Those factors are team play and match play.   The US team is a collection of players that happen to be born in the US.   While the Europeans are a team of players that happen to be born in Europe.  

It's true they take the top four from the European points list then the next four come from the top 4 fr the OWGR not already qualified.

But overriding that is the stipulation that they must be a full time member of the European Tour. But realizing players want to play as much as possible on the PGA Tour ---bigger purses---they have lowered the number of required euro events to 13 to maintain ones membership.

Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver and HF2 irons Pre Release Testing

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

On 9/30/2018 at 2:13 PM, GB13 said:

They played poorly but they were put into situations that made bad play be compounded. 

Furyk certainly didn't give them the best opportunity to win.  

The Europeans played well, but when you win holes with pars...  the Americans just keep beating themselves.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

so Brooks and DJ came to blows after the RC and had to be separated! 

More to that story

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

More to that story
Interesting. I wonder what that was all about.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I was about to post the same thing. I read it on the Golf Channel. No more details other than some pretty loud words. Apparently they're good friends and work out together in Jupiter.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Roid-rage?

I'm obviously joking but the stories coming out of this Ryder Cup don't make life easy for the next captain.

I googled DJ/Koepka and saw it apparently happened in the Euro team room in an after party. For sure the next captain may have an issue with the drama if it doesn't get sorted out quickly. DJ, Brooks, Reed, Spieth (not really sure of his involvement) all being pissy doesn't paint a rosy picture.

EDIT: I also wonder how much the rumored stuff going on outside the ropes has effected DJ. Other than the final round at Eastlake, he wasn't much of a factor down the stretch.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

1 minute ago, MaxEntropy said:

I googled DJ/Koepka and saw it apparently happened in the Euro team room in an after party. For sure the next captain may have an issue with the drama if it doesn't get sorted out quickly. DJ, Brooks, Reed, Spieth (not really sure of his involvement) all being pissy doesn't paint a rosy picture.

I can't imagine the difficulty in managing all of those egos. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

2 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

More to that story

What's the prognosis for DJ?  When do they expect he'll be released from the hospital?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

2 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

More to that story

one too many Michelob Ultras for Brooks?

More to that story
Stereotypes of Americans being cocky, brash, and hot headed... Way to play the part fellas...

Sent from my VS985 4G using MyGolfSpy mobile app

MAXFLI  Tour CG

DJ bagged Koepkas girl.. Not confirmed.. But a probability

Sent from my VS985 4G using MyGolfSpy mobile app

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Just now, azstu324 said: