Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

RYDER CUP WEEK

perseveringgolfer

I have to be up early - my alarm is set for 530 EDST - I will catch the end of the “morning” matches and almost all of the afternoon ones.

Can't wait!

Of course I'm rooting USA but there are plenty of Euros that I like. Just great match ups and while I agree that the Hatton match seems like a miss match on paper - these guys can all play.

As an aside I went to have my irons gripped today - my fitter is the Golf digest fitter of the year this last year. The guy whom he was fitting plays on the South American tour - his brother is currently leading the Euro Tour qualifying tour Q school after two rounds.

Bob fits the brother too. I saw the guys last two swings - 119 nutted - 302 and 298 carry.

When I walked in and saw his bag I thought- pro or idiot - one swing and I had my answer.'

Ping I blades and some sort of Srixon driver BTW.

He loved my bag - was all over the SCORs and EVNRoll putter as sleepers

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard Casey and Hatton may have partnered before in some event and did well (not the Ryder Cup). So maybe that's the rationale.

I do find it odd that Poulter and Stenson in particular were kept off opening lineups, but I'm sure we'll see them in Foursomes.

Scary first tee shot and atmosphere.

Tell you what has dissapointed me so far, the booing of the US team on the first tee- theres no need for that. Cheer the Europeans by all means, and do it loudly, but show respect for the Elite World class players from the US by applauding their skill and not just booing. It's not a football match.

Hopefully that will die down as the US show how good they are.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Scary first tee shot and atmosphere.

Tell you what has dissapointed me so far, the booing of the US team on the first tee- theres no need for that. Cheer the Europeans by all means, and do it loudly, but show respect for the Elite World class players from the US by applauding their skill and not just booing. It's not a football match.

Hopefully that will die down as the US show how good they are.

But you told us during the US Open that it was only the US crowds that are bad sports and obnoxious :)

The way this looks, it could be an even split of points on day one, 4-4.  The alternate shot seems to be an achilles heel for the USA and probably will allow Europe to stay close.

This has been fun to watch so far.  Can't wait for more of this action!

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Well I was wrong. Couple teams played better than I thought they would. I gave the edge in the close matches to the Euros at home, and it didn't happen,

My 3-1 prediction for the Euros May be better for the foursomes matches this afternoon. Looked like some really good matches this morning, good playing by some of the younger guys. DJ/Fowler was surprising to me, I thought that match would have been much closer.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

God I hate that Phil is on this team, and what the hell is Furyk doing throwing him out there in alt shot.

Well I hate Tiger on this team, and he sure proved it this morning.

That aside, I think Phil would have been better in the morning fourball vs foursomes this afternoon. I guess Furyk has a plan and that's what he's doing.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

God I hate that Phil is on this team, and what the hell is Furyk doing throwing him out there in alt shot.

That's why I thought Phil would sit all day today and come out tomorrow in Fourball.  Why do you put the worse driver off the tee for accuracy on the PGA Tour in Alternate Shot?  Makes no sense!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

And I thought Sergio would screw up and look at him. Thanks Phil! :D

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

But you told us during the US Open that it was only the US crowds that are bad sports and obnoxious :)

normally it is, unusual for this at the RC in Europe, even the commentators mentioned how poor it was. Hopefully just a minority that get bored doing it.

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

USA has some ground to make up

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

HUGE shoutout to True Temper and Titleist for this beauty I just won IMG_3189.PNG

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

That's why I thought Phil would sit all day today and come out tomorrow in Fourball.  Why do you put the worse driver off the tee for accuracy on the PGA Tour in Alternate Shot?  Makes no sense!!

didnt realise he's 192nd out of 193 for driving accuracy- Madness putting him in an alternate shot tournament!

USA just need to write of this afternoon- nothing they can do about it except come out fighting tomorrow and do the same thing back.

Theres still a long way to go.

didnt realise he's 192nd out of 193 for driving accuracy- Madness putting him in an alternate shot tournament!

Well, the good news for Furyk is now that Phil has one more loss, Furyk is no longer in the Ryder Cup record book as having the most losses by an American.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Tommy Fleetwood is a monster on this course... I doubt he loses a match. Dude has some serious game.

If I were Thomas I'd pair Fleetwood and Rory Saturday afternoon. That would get some serious noise.

Have to play him for singles too.

I mean, everyone plays singles Shanks...  :P

Seriously though, I wonder if Furyk makes changes for Saturday afternoon. He's rolling the same fourball teams out there, he can't possibly do the same for foursomes, can he?

Fourball matches

Koepka/Finau v. McIlroy/Garcia

Johnson/Fowler v. Casey/Hatton

Reed/Woods v. Fleetwood/Molinari

Spieth/Thomas v. Poulter/Rahm

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I mean, everyone plays singles Shanks... :P

Seriously though, I wonder if Furyk makes changes for Saturday afternoon. He's rolling the same fourball teams out there, he can't possibly do the same for foursomes, can he?

Fourball matches

Koepka/Finau v. McIlroy/Garcia

Johnson/Fowler v. Casey/Hatton

Reed/Woods v. Fleetwood/Molinari

Spieth/Thomas v. Poulter/Rahm

I agree, except I would put Mickelson in for Reed.

I think Phil is great in fourball and I don't know why he played foursomes today.

Reed should play foursomes instead.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Initially, I thought the time difference was a bit of a drag, that 2AM thing.   But after today's foursomes, I can find out what happened and then decide if I want to spend the day watching the reruns.   That's especially good on Sunday because it may not get in the way of football.

Fleetwood / Molinari in both matches today.

and they kicked ass.

Gutsy move to play them in morning and afternoon matches.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Archived