Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

A spy at the 2018 Ryder Cup

RogerTheFrench

great pictures Roger- look forward to Saturdays report

p.s You got your MYGOLFSPY sign ready?  ;)

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Thanks again Roger. A bit bummed by this afternoon's Team USA performance but am confident they will persevere. BTW, pics are excellent!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I am also bummed by this afternoon matches, but with the teams Furyk chose to put out, it was easy to see that 0-4 was certainly a very real possibility.m, and then it happened. The USA pairings do not make any sense at all. It almost like he wants to put different guys together and it isn't working. 11-5 going into Sunday does not bode well for the USA. They have to work very hard to keep that from happening, unless they change the pairings, which they didn't, and change their approach, which they won't, we have no chance to win.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Great pictures Roger! Thank you.

I thought Tiger looked gassed in the morning.

Phil in alternate shot with a Ryder cup rookie? Wow is all that I can say about that decision.

The best line of the day was when Feherty said that Michelson and Dechambeau couldn't play the radio at that moment.

But this is how Ryder cup goes - the side that looses the morning responds and then it's on. It's on now.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Great pictures Roger! Thank you.

I thought Tiger looked gassed in the morning.

Phil in alternate shot with a Ryder cup rookie? Wow is all that I can say about that decision.

The best line of the day was when Feherty said that Michelson and Dechambeau couldn't play the radio at that moment.

But this is how Ryder cup goes - the side that looses the morning responds and then it's on. It's on now.

Great one liner by Feherty!

Tiger did look tired.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Friday : Competition Day 1

What a long day.

I woke up at 4:30AM and arrived to the National Golf Course at 6:00AM to get a good spot for Tee#1. But there were already about 20000 crazy people waiting in line to enter golf facilities, and I spend almost 2H to get in.

I don't know how, but I finally managed to find “a small view” from a little hill (not very good), about 50 yards from the back-tees. They told us 60 000 people were standing here, when Koepka/Finau Rose/Rahm arrived. That was quite impressive.

It was colder than yesterday, but the wind stayed calm (it was a bit stronger this afternoon).

Here are some pictures (yesterday and today's pictures)

It was an amazing experience – Ryder Cup in just a totally unique event.

At some point I was worried than it could be too easy for Americans, but Molinari & Fleetwood kept our head out of water. 3/1 is totally different from 4/0 like 2 years ago. And I was confident than our “big guys”, who used to play together in Ryder Cup (like Rose/Stenson or Poulter/McIlroy) could fill the gap in the afternoon. But I think Americans give away these “afternoon matches”, especially Fowler (maybe tired?) and of course Phil & DeChambeau.

Maybe you like DeChambeau, but I think he doesn't have the skills to play “European golf” (not good enough from rough around the green). From my point of view, he will have a hard week here. But I might be wrong: so many people criticize this guy, and I guess he already proved many times we are all wrong about him.

I think Furyk should use again and again Koepka & Finau. Especially Koepka.

Like I said yesterday, they played excellent golf from the beginning of this week, and it was honestly quite a performance to defeat Rose/Rahm. I think it was the best game today, in term of golf performance. Koepka just missed a few putts at the beginning, and Finau was a bit nervous, but then they played at a very high level.

Anyway, Europe leads 5 to 3. I saw Thomas Bjorn spoke to Rory after his lost this morning (Rory was clearly mentally affected). Our captain probably chose the right words. I think Furyk's words tonight would be very important too.

Nice pics, great commentary.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I am also bummed by this afternoon matches, but with the teams Furyk chose to put out, it was easy to see that 0-4 was certainly a very real possibility.m, and then it happened. The USA pairings do not make any sense at all. It almost like he wants to put different guys together and it isn't working. 11-5 going into Sunday does not bode well for the USA. They have to work very hard to keep that from happening, unless they change the pairings, which they didn't, and change their approach, which they won't, we have no chance to win.

I'm curious how you would have suggested Jim matched them for the afternoon?  Dustin/Fowler, Watson/Simson, Mickelson/DeChambeau, and Thomas/Speith certainly don't evoke losing pairings to me.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Saturday's report : competition Day 2

I hope you enjoy “the fight” as much as I am. But I also hope you like our National Golf Course. We don't have in France so many good courses, like you have in the US or like in the UK, but there are a few we very are proud of, and the “Albatros” is definitely one of them. (And I must confess I'm happy to see that it is not an “easy one” for golf -superstars of both teams).
Today, the light was absolutely beautiful (I took some pictures) and gave “goldy colors” to the hills, fairways, roughs, and greens. “Magnifique” we say.

But we also had this very cold wind (everybody was freezing this morning, while waiting for the first Tee shots), which was not so strong but very disturbing for all the players (I guess you saw that on TV), and strangely was on the opposite direction that it used to be.

I was a bit upset yesterday to woke up early, but not enough to get the spot I wanted for the 1st Tee-Shot. My wife told me yesterday in the bed to sleep more, and come later to avoid the mess. So I did exactly the opposite she said, and woke up earlier than yesterday, to be sure to win “the other fight”: me against the crowd.
And it worked! J

Anyway. Today was about to keep the ball on fairways. That is exactly what Molinari & Fleetwood (who are now almost euro-national heroes) did for the last two days ; and even if it “easy to say”, I think the Americans took a very bad start this morning, by taking too many risks from the tee. They only understood once they all arrived at holes 7, 8, or 9. It was already too late in many matches, even if I've been impressed by the way Finau & Koepka “almost” turned things upside-down against Garcia & McIlroy.

Clearly, the more we were winning points, the more the crowd was singing, clapping and chearing louder (much louder than yesterday I believe), and it also became a additional factor against USA, in addition to “cold wind” and “Thomas Björn's special rough”.

I was happy to see “Garcia's resurrection”. I thought yesterday, he won with Noren just because Mickelson & Dechambeau were completely “out”. But this morning, Garcia did a very good job and was “decisive” with this magic putt on hole 10 to make a very important birdy, and of course at the 17 to win (I was just behind him, it was just a great moment of golf)

I'm not surprised by “Casey & Hatton's victory”. First because I saw yesterday afternoon that Fowler was very tired and frustrated for some reasons. Secondly because I was sure Casey and Hatton would play better than yesterday. Yesterday it was hard at the beginning because there are both rookies, but they played much better golf from 10 to 18. Today, they played very good and aggressive golf like they did at practice session all this week. There will be tough opponents Sunday too.

Thanks to Jordan Spieth and Justin Thomas, you stayed in live. From my point of view, the 4 players (including Rahm and Poulter) played at a very good level. Probably the best match of this morning.

After morning-sessions, I heard many US supporters talked.
They were very “pissed off” against Tiger and against Furyk's pairing choices. They were also discussing about a tweet from Butch Harmon, who said something like “US players don't have the skills to play this course”
Well, I am no one to judge, but I “very respectfully” disagree with Butch, and I think the problems are not Furyk's choices, but 2 other things :

1/ First, I think the US players don't know the course enough. I was surprised to see only one US-Team player at the French National Open this year. The only one was Justin Thomas…. And who is the best US player since the beginning of this Ryder Cup ? Justin Thomas. I can understand why US Players stayed on PGA and on US-sole (sponsors, money, FedEx Points, Agenda, etc). But for preparing the Ryder Cup, I think to spend 5 days in Paris in June was manageable (like I said, Justin Thomas did). I am sure, they have the skills (they are unbelievably good, and I always think they are much stronger than Europeans whatever the course), but they don't know this course enough.

2/ Secondly, I think there is a problem of communication. Not between players, but between Furyk's and his Vice-Captains from one side, and players from another side. On the course, I saw guys like Koepka or Reed looking for help when they were on troubles, didn't find anyone from US Team (they were there, but not there), and finally decided to talk to… Westwood or other European vice-captains. Strange. Sometimes, when you play golf, you don't need advices you just need to talk and you to need to smile, and you need to laugh with someone. But if your own captain or vice-captain are making “a funeral face”, you don't want to talk to that guy, and in fact you just don't need that guy with you at all.

Anyway, I'm glad you manage to make 2/2 in the afternoon, because I was afraid it could be worse. 10/6 it is a big advantage, but nothing is over.

To finish I will make some stupid bets on tomorrow's face to face :
1/ J. Thomas win
2/ Koepka win (but close)
3/ Rose win
4/ Rahm
5/ Finau (but I love Tommy, so I hope not, and I think it will close and maybe match of th day)
6/ Dustin Johnson
7/ SPieth
8/ Garcia
9/ Molinari
10/ Hatton
11/ Stenson
12 / Noren

Driver : HONMA beres S-05
F. Woods : CALLAWAY Big Bertha Alpha 815
Irons : HONMA Tour World 727 P

Wedges : PING Glide 
Putter : ODYSSEY 2 balls ProType Model

Saturday's report : competition Day 2

I hope you enjoy “the fight” as much as I am. But I also hope you like our National Golf Course. We don't have in France so many good courses, like you have in the US or like in the UK, but there are a few we very are proud of, and the “Albatros” is definitely one of them. (And I must confess I'm happy to see that it is not an “easy one” for golf -superstars of both teams).

Today, the light was absolutely beautiful (I took some pictures) and gave “goldy colors” to the hills, fairways, roughs, and greens. “Magnifique” we say.

But we also had this very cold wind (everybody was freezing this morning, while waiting for the first Tee shots), which was not so strong but very disturbing for all the players (I guess you saw that on TV), and strangely was on the opposite direction that it used to be.

I was a bit upset yesterday to woke up early, but not enough to get the spot I wanted for the 1st Tee-Shot. My wife told me yesterday in the bed to sleep more, and come later to avoid the mess. So I did exactly the opposite she said, and woke up earlier than yesterday, to be sure to win “the other fight”: me against the crowd.

And it worked! J

Anyway. Today was about to keep the ball on fairways. That is exactly what Molinari & Fleetwood (who are now almost euro-national heroes) did for the last two days ; and even if it “easy to say”, I think the Americans took a very bad start this morning, by taking too many risks from the tee. They only understood once they all arrived at holes 7, 8, or 9. It was already too late in many matches, even if I've been impressed by the way Finau & Koepka “almost” turned things upside-down against Garcia & McIlroy.

Clearly, the more we were winning points, the more the crowd was singing, clapping and chearing louder (much louder than yesterday I believe), and it also became a additional factor against USA, in addition to “cold wind” and “Thomas Björn's special rough”.

I was happy to see “Garcia's resurrection”. I thought yesterday, he won with Noren just because Mickelson & Dechambeau were completely “out”. But this morning, Garcia did a very good job and was “decisive” with this magic putt on hole 10 to make a very important birdy, and of course at the 17 to win (I was just behind him, it was just a great moment of golf)

I'm not surprised by “Casey & Hatton's victory”. First because I saw yesterday afternoon that Fowler was very tired and frustrated for some reasons. Secondly because I was sure Casey and Hatton would play better than yesterday. Yesterday it was hard at the beginning because there are both rookies, but they played much better golf from 10 to 18. Today, they played very good and aggressive golf like they did at practice session all this week. There will be tough opponents Sunday too.

Thanks to Jordan Spieth and Justin Thomas, you stayed in live. From my point of view, the 4 players (including Rahm and Poulter) played at a very good level. Probably the best match of this morning.

After morning-sessions, I heard many US supporters talked.

They were very “pissed off” against Tiger and against Furyk's pairing choices. They were also discussing about a tweet from Butch Harmon, who said something like “US players don't have the skills to play this course”

Well, I am no one to judge, but I “very respectfully” disagree with Butch, and I think the problems are not Furyk's choices, but 2 other things :

1/ First, I think the US players don't know the course enough. I was surprised to see only one US-Team player at the French National Open this year. The only one was Justin Thomas…. And who is the best US player since the beginning of this Ryder Cup ? Justin Thomas. I can understand why US Players stayed on PGA and on US-sole (sponsors, money, FedEx Points, Agenda, etc). But for preparing the Ryder Cup, I think to spend 5 days in Paris in June was manageable (like I said, Justin Thomas did). I am sure, they have the skills (they are unbelievably good, and I always think they are much stronger than Europeans whatever the course), but they don't know this course enough.

2/ Secondly, I think there is a problem of communication. Not between players, but between Furyk's and his Vice-Captains from one side, and players from another side. On the course, I saw guys like Koepka or Reed looking for help when they were on troubles, didn't find anyone from US Team (they were there, but not there), and finally decided to talk to… Westwood or other European vice-captains. Strange. Sometimes, when you play golf, you don't need advices you just need to talk and you to need to smile, and you need to laugh with someone. But if your own captain or vice-captain are making “a funeral face”, you don't want to talk to that guy, and in fact you just don't need that guy with you at all.

Anyway, I'm glad you manage to make 2/2 in the afternoon, because I was afraid it could be worse. 10/6 it is a big advantage, but nothing is over.

To finish I will make some stupid bets on tomorrow's face to face :

1/ J. Thomas win

2/ Koepka win (but close)

3/ Rose win

4/ Rahm

5/ Finau (but I love Tommy, so I hope not, and I think it will close and maybe match of th day)

6/ Dustin Johnson

7/ SPieth

8/ Garcia

9/ Molinari

10/ Hatton

11/ Stenson

12 / Noren

Roger, thanks for your report and personal observations. Great job!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Great stuff Roger particularly the observation about the US guys not knowing the course and Thomas being our best player thus far.

Love your pictures. Glad you're providing this coverage for us.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Really good insight Roger. Like Rev, I found your comment about Thomas being the only US player to have played the course previously in competition, quite telling.

Thanks for taking the time to do these write-ups.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Sunday : final day

Impressive ambiance at the “Golf National”. There were 80 000 people today, who were almost all gathered around holes 1 & 2 at the beginning of matches. People around me were very confident about the final results, so I became a little nervous hoping it was not the same feeling inside the EU Team.

I chose to sit around green number 1, where I could also see the second shots of hole 1, and also hole number 2. I stayed at this strategic position from Rory/Thomas until Garcia/Fowler, then I directly moved to green 9, where I caught Rory/Thomas and I waited for Tiger/Rahm because I understood at this point it could be one of the “key matches”.  Then I followed Tiger/Rahm until the end, but always managed to keep also an eye on Poulter/Johnson very closely, especially from 12 to 15, and then of course 17 & 18.

Honestly when Rory lost at the 18, we all started to worry, and the US supporters were singing louder than us. Casey was still 1 down against Koepka. Game was over for Rose and Fleetwood. Tiger was back All Square against Rahm on 12, and played very well at this point. Dustin Johnson was leading by 1 up against Poulter. Reed and Dechambeau were also up. So my brother and I, we were counting only 4 points for EU: Molinari, Stenson, Olesen, and Garcia. Meaning 14. Meaning one half point was missing. I saw Thomas Bjorn walking alone one 18th fairway... strange feeling. Maybe he was counting too.

Then what happened?
1/ Casey made this huge drive on 17. I can’t believe he had a GW in his hands for the second shot, and stuck to the flag with it. 5 minutes later, he brought this half point “missing”

2/ Tiger made a mistake on the 13. I told you two days ago that 13 could be the “pivot hole”. After his tee-shot, Tiger was on the rough on the left. That’s impossible to save the par, and Rahm took back the lead.

3/ Dustin made exactly the same mistake. 13, rough on the left. He tried to reach the green, but the ball went into water hazard. Poulter came back all square, then he became “ON FIRE” and won 14 &15, going from 1 down to 2 up. The 3 last holes are just amazing from both players, but Poulter wasn't missing anything. Dustin needed unbelievable shots to come back. He did one, with this long putt on the 16, but Poults was on track to win anyway

When Poulter won on the 18, that was over.
I think USA needed 5 points after the 6 first matches. Furyk did a good choice, that was close at some point, but Europe finally made 2 and a half against 3 and a half.

Conclusion:

I think Europe won because they know very well this course, and some of the players played at their best. Molinari won 5 points, he’s the hero of the week. Fleetwood and Rahm also revealed themselves as very good rookies. And what I can say about Poulter, Stenson, Garcia ? I had serious doubts about Garcia before this week, but all of them played their best golf during this competition. They really are "Ryder Cup's Players".

I still believe US players are individually better.  Justin Thomas has been the leader, and Finau will be an asset for you for the next ryder cups. Simpson, Koepka, even Jordan Spieth made their parts of the job, and fought with the right attitude. But Mickelson and Dechambeau were wrong picks from Furyk. Maybe Shauffele and Kisner (I think Kisner would have been brilliant on this course) would have brought some important points. I’am also very disappointed by Ricky Fowler. He was frustrated all the time this week.

I think you will have your revenge in two years. But it’s a little sad, because I’m not sure Phil & Tiger will be here in two years, and I don’t want them to quit after this bad Ryder Cup.

To conclude, it has been a great week. We were conscious to organize the Ryder Cup in France was a “once lifetime opportunity”, and I hope it will help to develop Golf in France. Just for you to know, only 300 000 people play golf in France (population: 70 millions), but I hope this huge event will inspire some kids and more people to try this sport. I watched closely all the players from both teams this week, and they are all very professional. During practice days, they all spent some time with fans, kids, and always thanks all the people from organization, staff, volunteers, etc. I saw many times US Players took a long time to understand “French fans” who were not speaking a very good English, and answered them the best they can. They were always smiling and giving a good “image” of this sport.
At the end, it is the most important.

20180929_140238.jpg

20180929_124421.jpg

20180929_112736.jpg

20180929_111222.jpg

20180929_105340.jpg

20180929_103627.jpg

20180929_091603.jpg

Photo 30-09-2018 11 56 04.jpg

20180929_085609.jpg

20180930_125022.jpg

20180930_135251.jpg

20180930_170205.jpg

Photo 30-09-2018 17 06 01.jpg

20180930_170718.jpg

Driver : HONMA beres S-05
F. Woods : CALLAWAY Big Bertha Alpha 815
Irons : HONMA Tour World 727 P

Wedges : PING Glide 
Putter : ODYSSEY 2 balls ProType Model

Impressive ambiance at the “Golf National”. There were 80 000 people today, who were almost all gathered around holes 1 & 2 at the beginning of matches. People around me were very confident about the final results, so I became a little nervous hoping it was not the same feeling inside the EU Team.

I chose to sit around green number 1, where I could also see the second shots of hole 1, and also hole number 2. I stayed at this strategic position from Rory/Thomas until Garcia/Fowler, then I directly moved to green 9, where I caught Rory/Thomas and I waited for Tiger/Rahm because I understood at this point it could be one of the “key matches”.  Then I followed Tiger/Rahm until the end, but always managed to keep also an eye on Poulter/Johnson very closely, especially from 12 to 15, and then of course 17 & 18.

Honestly when Rory lost at the 18, we all started to worry, and the US supporters were singing louder than us. Casey was still 1 down against Koepka. Game was over for Rose and Fleetwood. Tiger was back All Square against Rahm on 12, and played very well at this point. Dustin Johnson was leading by 1 up against Poulter. Reed and Dechambeau were also up. So my brother and I, we were counting only 4 points for EU: Molinari, Stenson, Olesen, and Garcia. Meaning 14. Meaning one half point was missing. I saw Thomas Bjorn walking alone one 18th fairway... strange feeling. Maybe he was counting too.
Then what happened?
1/ Casey made this huge drive on 17. I can’t believe he had a GW in his hands for the second shot, and stuck to the flag with it. 5 minutes later, he brought this half point “missing”
2/ Tiger made a mistake on the 13. I told you two days ago that 13 could be the “pivot hole”. After his tee-shot, Tiger was on the rough on the left. That’s impossible to save the par, and Rahm took back the lead.
3/ Dustin made exactly the same mistake. 13, rough on the left. He tried to reach the green, but the ball went into water hazard. Poulter came back all square, then he became “ON FIRE” and won 14 &15, going from 1 down to 2 up. The 3 last holes are just amazing from both players, but Poulter wasn't missing anything. Dustin needed unbelievable shots to come back. He did one, with this long putt on the 16, but Poults was on track to win anyway
I think USA needed 5 points after the 6 first matches. Furyk did a good choice, that was close at some point, but Europe finally made 2 and a half against 3 and a half.

Conclusion:
I think Europe won because they know very well this course, and some of the players played at their best. Molinari won 5 points, he’s the hero of the week. Fleetwood and Rahm also revealed themselves as very good rookies. And what I can say about Poulter, Stenson, Garcia ? I had serious doubts about Garcia before this week, but all of them played their best golf during this competition. They really are "Ryder Cup's Players".
I still believe US players are individually better.  Justin Thomas has been the leader, and Finau will be an asset for you for the next ryder cups. Simpson, Koepka, even Jordan Spieth made their parts of the job, and fought with the right attitude. But Mickelson and Dechambeau were wrong picks from Furyk. Maybe Shauffele and Kisner (I think Kisner would have been brilliant on this course) would have brought some important points. I’am also very disappointed by Ricky Fowler. He was frustrated all the time this week.
I think you will have your revenge in two years. But it’s a little sad, because I’m not sure Phil & Tiger will be here in two years, and I don’t want them to quit after this bad Ryder Cup.
To conclude, it has been a great week. We were conscious to organize the Ryder Cup in France was a “once lifetime opportunity”, and I hope it will help to develop Golf in France. Just for you to know, only 300 000 people play golf in France (population: 70 millions), but I hope this huge event will inspire some kids and more people to try this sport. I watched closely all the players from both teams this week, and they are all very professional. During practice days, they all spent some time with fans, kids, and always thanks all the people from organization, staff, volunteers, etc. I saw many times US Players took a long time to understand “French fans” who were not speaking a very good English, and answered them the best they can. They were always smiling and giving a good “image” of this sport.

20180929_140238.thumb.jpg.8a5e217da9e2328ddb3a36d85e4e5b5e.jpg
20180929_124421.thumb.jpg.300e6efe9371828ba6a32923ad57dc46.jpg
20180929_112736.thumb.jpg.98cf8e2de2ea3cd527daf6ed334b257c.jpg
20180929_111222.thumb.jpg.8320fb03e63b30eac9db05cd4b2b0108.jpg
20180929_105340.thumb.jpg.c80af372900709a0e28e4590e56533e0.jpg
20180929_103627.thumb.jpg.c5b4e2f6b285d00779e52db8dd5d71dc.jpg
20180929_091603.thumb.jpg.841e9a260e3a3b5f43525a08e3402e34.jpg
699769788_Photo30-09-2018115604.thumb.jpg.3cd44be090f0e67852ef500617e49693.jpg
20180929_085609.thumb.jpg.eb45b716be43c250181f7b1ff2cfe055.jpg
20180930_125022.thumb.jpg.183fd835e1bf3026290e26c13620cad9.jpg
20180930_135251.thumb.jpg.77c0149974cba49b49e0b50f72550c08.jpg
20180930_170205.thumb.jpg.175ffcde4d99d360633d5c8fedd78340.jpg
314455874_Photo30-09-2018170601.thumb.jpg.1b759e6f60fdcd291dbcc161cd5c5c2d.jpg
20180930_170718.thumb.jpg.6c98bcf07aaf9b61e8b1c0087b123c7c.jpg

Nice writeup. Thank you for your time and excellent insights into the RC.
I’m sure you had a great time and a couple of “adult beverages”

Rick

Left Hand, 

RogerTheFrench

Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts about this. It was great reading. Well, the part about Europeans winning wasn't great, but that's not your fault.😫

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Would’ve been cool to be there! Thanks!!!! We kind of were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

On 9/30/2018 at 5:54 PM, PMookie said:

Would’ve been cool to be there! Thanks!!!! We kind of were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, it would be cool!!  Would've been nice if the US team had been there too.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Yes, it would be cool!!  Would've been nice if the US team had been there too.

Cold man, very cold

Rick

Left Hand, 

Cold man, very cold

But true.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

But true.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I know....

Rick

Left Hand, 

RTF---Thanks again for all your time writing the recaps in this thread. It definitely brought us a perspective we couldn't get from the TV announcers.

I agree whole heartldly about how pivitol hole 13 was. When both Tiger and DJ went left there. I pretty much felt the US chances were done. Such s dead place to be.

Cheers!!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

On ‎09‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:27 PM, RogerTheFrench said:

Then what happened?

Conclusion:

20180929_140238.jpg

20180929_124421.jpg

20180929_112736.jpg

20180929_111222.jpg

20180929_105340.jpg

20180929_103627.jpg

20180929_091603.jpg

Photo 30-09-2018 11 56 04.jpg

20180929_085609.jpg

20180930_125022.jpg

20180930_135251.jpg

20180930_170205.jpg

Photo 30-09-2018 17 06 01.jpg

20180930_170718.jpg

What a fantastic experience!!! So thankful that you took the time to give us the "real-deal" on-course insight! Though I am personally embarrassed for the way "our" team played, I have to give big props to the European team for doing some serious ass kicking. You all deserve the cup, no question. Thanks again for everything you contributed and congrats to Team Europe!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Archived