Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Are You Boring?

I read an article this morning over on Practical Golf  about being a boring golfer. I think it makes sense and many of us should strive to become more boring with our approach to the game. I know I should. 

I also know when I shoot some of my lowest scores It's because; one - I avoided trouble, two - I'm playing from the fairway mostly, and three - I chipped and putted well. But overall I'd also say I played a rather boring round. Fairways, greens, two putts. No fancy cuts or draws, no flops or spectacular sand saves. ZZZzzzzzzzz.

It's not easy to do. But I think the next time I'm out I'll try and play as boring a game as possible and see what happens. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I can hit most fairways with 70% swing....

I can be on or very close to most greens with overclubbing, swinging easier and aiming at the middle only....

BUT WHERES THE FUN IN THAT!  :rolleyes:  B)  :D  :D

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I enjoy the challenge that my current golf game presents. I like taking the hero shots, when my previous shot is errant. I don't play golf to be the guy who always chips out of trouble and goes for the middle of the green. I much more enjoy the risk/reward of being aggressive.

I do like what he's saying though, and I think it's absolutely necessary if you want lower scores. I just don't care I'm out there to have fun.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

Krank Golf Territory Manager

Ping s56 PX 5.5

Krank Formula X Driver

Titleist woods

I was very boring when my whole life was golf.Now that I'm experiencing other hobbies, I'm actually quite fun to be around. But on the course I played boring golf.I was so short that I would bunt it down the middle.Than bunt one up by the green, chip and make the putt or miss it.That was my game for a long long time

Keep it in the short stuff

I think that we need to change our mindset around this style of golf being called “boring.” Playing good golf shouldn't be considered boring.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

I try to stick to playing a boring game and when I do I play pretty well. My problem happens when I try to recover from a bogey or worse, I exit boring golf.

I think people also start thinking about an aggressive or conservative approach when tho king about playing this way. Often people switch to conservative mode and try to steer the ball. Even with a conservative/boring strategy you have to make aggressive swings.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I think that we need to change our mindset around this style of golf being called “boring.” Playing good golf shouldn't be considered boring.

I'm on board, although I have no problem being called boring as my opponents hand me the cash I won.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I'm far from boring in many aspects and golf for me is no exception. My rounds could be described as; Excitable. Terrifying. Nail-biting. Scary. Surprising.

I like the surprising ones, but they are unfortunately rare compared with the rest... :huh:

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Yes.... ohh wait you mean golf. Well, still yes.

Well kind of. I am really working on it and it is helping me a lot. I went from a driver swing that can go 290 and hit 3 fairways a round to a swing that I thought would lose distance and hit 8-10 fairways a round. The interesting part is that I make much more solid contact, that my distance stayed the same, while hitting 6 more fairways. I have been making more repeatable swings and things are really looking up.

It is interesting, that as a general rule, our lower caps play more boring golf.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Funny we were just commenting to our group yesterday about one of our partners and how boring the game must be for him. He consistently drives onto the center of the fairway. Second shot regardless of lie, etc is always spot on and he's a pretty good putter.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I wish I was more boring.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

"People don't say that about you... as far as you know."

Of all the nerve...

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

Ever since I took my driver out,

I have become very boring and scores are dropping.

I love being boring.

I have also become more at peace with my game as a result and hence more relaxed while playing.

😴😴😴

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

I read an article this morning over on Practical Golf about being a boring golfer. I think it makes sense and many of us should strive to become more boring with our approach to the game. I know I should.

I also know when I shoot some of my lowest scores It's because; one - I avoided trouble, two - I'm playing from the fairway mostly, and three - I chipped and putted well. But overall I'd also say I played a rather boring round. Fairways, greens, two putts. No fancy cuts or draws, no flops or spectacular sand saves. ZZZzzzzzzzz.

It's not easy to do. But I think the next time I'm out I'll try and play as boring a game as possible and see what happens.

I think I'm fairly boring aside from having to lean on wedges at times. I think you played pretty solid last we met up though.

In the bag

Driver: Callaway Rogue Subzero 9.5 Stiff flex

3 wood: Callaway Rogue Subzero 15 degree

Hybrids: 17 degree titleist 816 h2

Irons: Ben Hogan Ptx 22-46 degree (4-pw)stiff flex standard lie

Wedges: Callaway Mac Daddy 4 50,54,58 degrees

Putter: Odyssey EXO seven

Gig'em Aggies!

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Ha, Boring is that word used to describe me on the golf course. I have several friends that donplay boring golf, and they are good. I have to many highs and lows in the round to call it boring. I wish I could have a boring attitude toward the game though

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Boring is the best type of golf. Par is always your friend and bogeys suck. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Given my screen name do I really need to answer this question??? Lol

Actually Steddygolf is a play on words of sorts. The obvious is simply consistent or boring golf. The not so obvious is my middle name is Stedman as is my fathers and his fathers as well.

My mother didn't call my father Stedman, she called him Steddy (his nickname). When I decided to venture into the golf profession Steddygolf was born.

Without that being said I like boring because shooting 70 to 76 on a regular basis is not so boring to me. It's also not boring picking up all that “skins” money at the end of a round ;)

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

I think the secret is to get "exciting" on a considered basis, not often, but when it's actually worth trying.

That being said, if you have less than a 50% probability of pulling the gamble off, .that will probably drop to 10% in a "must" situation unless you're completely composed. 

Take a breath, take a sip from your water bottle, and then just address the ball and hit the shot--don't linger over it.

When I'm on I have the most boring game ever. Par is my friend and I don't stray from him very often.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'm a terrible golfer so my rounds are usually pretty eventful.  I look forward to one day playing a boring round. :P

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 10.5* Helium Shaft

Woods: :taylormade-small: R580 5W, 7W

Hybrids: Nicklaus Dual Point 4H

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 Speedback One Length 6i - PW

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 48*, 52*, 58*

Putter: :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact 3

Bag: :Ogio: Grom 14-way stand bag

Ball: GolfJet Jet 4

Rangefinder: NX7 Pro or ShotScope V2

I'm a terrible golfer so my rounds are usually pretty eventful.  I look forward to one day playing a boring round. :P

I used to play "eventful" golf; sometimes I still do!!  Just think of it as practice that the boring golfers don't get to do.  :)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I used to play "eventful" golf; sometimes I still do!!  Just think of it as practice that the boring golfers don't get to do.   :)

In that case, I'm really good at practicing.  :D  

Last night was actually the first time I ever played the same ball for every stroke over nine holes.  I should have retired the ball then instead of losing it in the creek on my 10th hole tee-shot.   

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 10.5* Helium Shaft

Woods: :taylormade-small: R580 5W, 7W

Hybrids: Nicklaus Dual Point 4H

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 Speedback One Length 6i - PW

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 48*, 52*, 58*

Putter: :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact 3

Bag: :Ogio: Grom 14-way stand bag

Ball: GolfJet Jet 4

Rangefinder: NX7 Pro or ShotScope V2

• 1 month later...

I was really boring today. Only 2 birdies. Nothing worse than a bogey. Only hit 6 greens. But one of my birdies was the last hole. So I won the money. ; )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: TM M1 9.5*

4W: Wishon bent FLAT

Irons: Mizuno MP20MB

Wedges: 50/55/60 Mizuno

Putter: Evnroll ER2

Archived