Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Mizuno CLK

NYBuckeye88

Just wondering if anyone has had similar issues with the Mizuno CLK hybrid:

Backstory: I've never really had a hybrid that I liked (previously had a Nike Vr Covert, Ping i15), I came across the club at the beginning of the season and loved the shape and it demo'd very nicely on the launch monitor. Picked up with the Speeder evo x flex (same as my driver and 3 wood, so I thought that would be a nice consistency).

The club is great off the tee, but here are my issued though through a season of play:

(1)  I've found the ball flight to be quite low (I'm a high ball hitter), and two of my playing partners (also high ball hitters) have hit this against their hybrids and the trajectory is just much flatter with the Mizuno; 

(2) I've had mixed results at best when hitting this club from the rough; one of the main reason I bought was because the weight and head design seemed like it would be able to get down and through rough, but I feel like it keeps getting held up, so I've been opting for 5 iron layups from long distance.

Current Setup:

Tsr3 9*, Ventus Blue TR 6x

Tsr3 15*, AD UB 7x

Tsr3 Hybrid 21*, AD DI Hybrid 9x

Ping i210 4-U, Red Dot, KBS C-Taper S+

Vokey SM9 54* & 58*, 

Taylormade GT Spider

I went the Fli Hi long iron route over the CLK hybrid from Mizuno,

and the Fli Hi is no piece of cake from the deck either.

I only played it off the tee, even though the tee was pushed just about all the way down.

Mizuno's strength will always be regular irons, I think, and they sure do them well.

Archived