Where is the best place to buy aftermarket driver shafts?

Our Sponsors

I have bought a few online and Dallas Golf is my go to.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Another big endorsement for Peoples for me. Will I'd a stand up guy who just happens to do great work.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Awesome, thank you, everybody. I've been digging and doing my research, and analyzing my own swing. I read a lot of information and experiences from many sources and have learned that I am struggling with my driver shaft with consistency (trying to find the right tempo and clubhead speed optimal to my current driver shaft, which is harder than getting a shaft to match your natural swing) because my natural tendency is to have an aggressive tempo and that also cranks up the speed. So the three main factors I think that I need to experiment with is a stiffer shaft to an x, and/or bump my weight up to 70g, and/or stiffer tip section and I think that would get me closer to where I need without access to GCQuad and also understand my ball striking on the face and further optimizing from there. Can certainly use some foot spray to see a strike to help a little bit. I definitely will buy a shaft to start the tinkering process. Fascinated by these intricacies!

:taylormade-small: M1 2017 10.5° (dialed to 9.5°) (X 75g Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5, Golf Pride CP2, 44.75")
:taylormade-small: M2 2017 3W 15° (X 75g Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5, Golf Pride CP2) | M1 2017 5W 19° (S 70g Kuro Kage Silver TiNi)
:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC FliHi 4, SC 5-7, MB 8-PW (S 110g KBS Tour C-Taper Lite, Lamkin UTX Wrap Blue, 1° flat, -1/4")
:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 52° F-grind,  56° M-grind, 60° L-Grind
:taylormade-small: TP Black Copper Juno

• 1 month later...
I don't understand how guys can guess themselves into the "right" shaft. (1st Admission: I've tried it. No success.) I suppose if I had a large selection of shafts at my disposal I might conceivably be able to get out on the course and start hitting (game) balls and swapping shafts and changing head settings until I was able to "dial-in" a shaft and ball flight pattern and distance I'm seeking
If I were to want to change the shaft in my driver today to; for example, gain some additional yardage or change my ball-flight in some way what shaft would I look for? What weight would I need? Stiffness*, torque, bend profile, tip characteristics, length, etc. etc. I have no idea. I'd probably be wasting my time and money. But...I suppose it's entirely possible that I might Luck myself into something too. Who knows? But first I'd have to start buying shafts and weeding them out.

I'm interested to learn from forum members how to go about selecting the "right" shaft for your game and your desired outcome.  In other words... Self Fitting. To use MWGolf23's example: he wants a new shaft so he can start "going after one"  stop swinging slower and "poke" one" out there. So in other words he wants to start ripping it. Sounds good to me. But what shaft is designed for his swing, his particular head club, and... is made for Ripping it?

*(2nd Admission: I've said many times in the forum that shafts bore me technically speaking. I don't study shaft technology nor do I care too and have no means at home to evaluate my swing characteristics or shaft profiles/characteristics. It's all guess work IMO without at least some basic LM data to give me a baseline to narrow the field a bit. And, even then I think I might have to go through a number of shafts - outdoors with a game ball to see with my eyes what's working or not.)
I've been fit a few times and know the characteristics of what worked best for me. I went to the Wilson Cortex driver demo and was best fit in the Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5 X-Stiff. Everything the fitter said and everything I knew about the shaft characteristics made sense to me. It was a validation for me as I've always had better consistency with a heavier shaft and when I go after it (my natural faster tempo and about 110-113 SS), I have an aggressive tempo. My previous shaft, Aldila NV 65 Stiff was too whippy for my tempo so I struggled finding the right speed and tempo best for the shaft as opposed to the best shaft for my swing. This shaft is now very stiff throughout and I have much better control of the club face. Free demo/mini shaft fit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:taylormade-small: M1 2017 10.5° (dialed to 9.5°) (X 75g Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5, Golf Pride CP2, 44.75")
:taylormade-small: M2 2017 3W 15° (X 75g Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5, Golf Pride CP2) | M1 2017 5W 19° (S 70g Kuro Kage Silver TiNi)
:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC FliHi 4, SC 5-7, MB 8-PW (S 110g KBS Tour C-Taper Lite, Lamkin UTX Wrap Blue, 1° flat, -1/4")
:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 52° F-grind,  56° M-grind, 60° L-Grind
:taylormade-small: TP Black Copper Juno