Sign in to follow this  
TinkerGolfMan

Nike Golf React Vapor 2

Those look sweet! I’d definitely wear those.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Look pretty good. Not 100% my style but maybe will give them a look in the store.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

How have you guys liked these so far? I had the lunar vapor 2 and thought the fit was a bit off for me. Can anyone compare?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Will wait till they drop to $49

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Not my style, and don't like Nike at all. I'll stick to my super comfortable Eccos. 

Not my style, and don't like Nike at all. I'll stick to my super comfortable Eccos. 

If the swoosh gets any larger it'll take over the shoe. I'll stick with my FJs

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Those are some very comfortable shoes! I just can’t get by the look of them, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'll snag a pair. My feet love the Nike Lunar Command 2s and these feel just as good. Probably won't get crazy with the colorway but these are on my radar. 

Nikes tend to run narrow so if you have a narrow foot, these fit pretty snug. Accurate on sizing. The only shoe from Nike I don't like is when the tongue is one piece with the rest of the shoe (sock fit)...those hurt pretty bad if you have any sort of meat on your bones. 

Tired these on in store. Like the react feeling but the toe box is a little too pointed for my liking. Will be trying to snag the retro 11 lows when they come out in 2 weeks though. 

On 2/1/2019 at 12:03 PM, txgolfjunkie said:

I'll snag a pair. My feet love the Nike Lunar Command 2s and these feel just as good. Probably won't get crazy with the colorway but these are on my radar. 

Nikes tend to run narrow so if you have a narrow foot, these fit pretty snug. Accurate on sizing. The only shoe from Nike I don't like is when the tongue is one piece with the rest of the shoe (sock fit)...those hurt pretty bad if you have any sort of meat on your bones. 

https://www.nike.com/t/react-vapor-2-mens-golf-shoe-cF49qB/BV1135-102

Did you ever give these a try.   I definitely like this color.     I'm looking for a great walking shoe, that offers not only comfort in walking--I have some Puma that do that---but also great stability as I'm going to walking Whistling Straits and there is a lot of up and down little hills there.  Also considering the Adidas 360 XT

https://www.adidas.com/us/tour360-xt-shoes/BB7922.html

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Did you ever give these a try.   I definitely like this color.     I'm looking for a great walking shoe, that offers not only comfort in walking--I have some Puma that do that---but also great stability as I'm going to walking Whistling Straits and there is a lot of up and down little hills there.  Also considering the Adidas 360 XT

I think you just missed a sale on that exact pair a couple weeks ago.

36 minutes ago, bmaru99 said:

I think you just missed a sale on that exact pair a couple weeks ago.

Ah. Thanks.   But I'm not so concerned about that though, as I can get them at WS though our account.  But curious if anyone has picked them up and how they feel as for walking compared to some others.  

I picked up a pair this past weekend and wore them for the first time Monday. I thought they were extremely well fitting and comfortable. Played a course in the foothills here in CO so some elevation changes (didn't walk the course). I prefer them so far over my FootJoy Pro SL and FootJoy Superlites. Feel like I have much better heal support.

22 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So here's my honest review of the React Vapor 2...

If you're walking, go with the adidas. The RV2s are a great water-resistant shoe but the material on the top part of the feet is a little stiff and walking a lot in these shoes can be a bit cumbersome, if that makes sense. They run about a 1/2 size bigger than what I'm used to...the heel is a little loose and I didn't really discover it until I had broken in the shoe. I've got no complaints on traction, water-resistance, or durability. I ride quite a bit here in the Houston area due to the heat/humidity and the shoes are great when riding, but I walked a bunch in Utah last week going up and down hills and noticed they really weren't made for long walks. Maybe they just don't fit my feet as good as other Nike models, but I would honestly go with the Adidas if I had to do it all over again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, txgolfjunkie said:

So here's my honest review of the React Vapor 2...

If you're walking, go with the adidas. The RV2s are a great water-resistant shoe but the material on the top part of the feet is a little stiff and walking a lot in these shoes can be a bit cumbersome, if that makes sense. They run about a 1/2 size bigger than what I'm used to...the heel is a little loose and I didn't really discover it until I had broken in the shoe. I've got no complaints on traction, water-resistance, or durability. I ride quite a bit here in the Houston area due to the heat/humidity and the shoes are great when riding, but I walked a bunch in Utah last week going up and down hills and noticed they really weren't made for long walks. Maybe they just don't fit my feet as good as other Nike models, but I would honestly go with the Adidas if I had to do it all over again. 

Thanks !  That's perfect and great feedback.    Yeah, the terrain at Whistling Straits is definitely hilly and uneven and that's if you keep it in play,  get a little sideways and you'd better be a billy goat....ha

I'll go with the Adidas or stick with my FJ SL's which are pretty comfortable as well, but they are two years old now, maybe time for an upgrade to the new model 🙂

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Mac 59

• By jaymikem
      Since we are now almost a year removed from Nike getting out of the equipment game, I was wondering if anyone has ever come across any photos of the 2017 equipment line that would have been launched.

Based on the chatter last year, the 2017 equipment was already finished and 2018 was in development, but I personally haven't come across any photos of what they left on the table when they decided to close up shop. And in this day and age, there isn't a lot that you can't find on the internet with a quick google search. Was everything completely locked down, destroyed and burned once ping bought some of their parents? We're the innovations so mind blowing that the CIA is covering it up and using the technology in its clandestine assignments across the globe?

I know the majority of the golfing community was not a fan of Nike equipment, but I have gamed their drivers for a while as they just seemed to work for me. Heck I still bag the covert tour 2.0 driver with that bright red paint and huge cavity (which I use as a couch for my golf ball while waiting on the tee box for the rest of my group to tee off. I think that is really what it was built for!) So naturally, as a purchaser of their clubs, I am curious what innovations (or gimmicks, if you prefer to call the, that) the company was attempting to bring to the table.
    • By stickswap_mike
      Hey guys, wanted to take a minute to introduce to y'all - STICKSWAP.

My buddy and I created this golf club marketplace so people like you could easily buy & sell used clubs.  Just like eBay, but just clubs.  Also, we'll be spending money on advertising to make sure your clubs get seen, and ultimately sold. 

Check it out and let me know what you think. - www.stickswap.co

Best, 

Mike
    • By GolfSpy Barbajo
      Team Black:

J_Wurz

Stage 1
      Stage 2

evershady

Stage 1
      Stage 2

Seef824

Stage 1
      Stage 2
      GolfSpy Barbajo - Team Captain

Stage 1
      Stage 2

Visit Nike Golf's website HERE

Visit Nike Golf's Facebook HERE

Visit Nike Golf's Twitter HERE

• By GolfSpy Barbajo
      Gotta throw this out there...

The response to the Nike Vapor Flex 440 driver review opportunity has been pretty astounding -- lots of folks want to give this thing a try. So I gotta ask, what are your thoughts on the Nike brand?  Do you like the equipment? Do you like the looks? Does Tiger hurt or help the brand? Is Rory bulking up too much?  Is Thorbjorn Olsen not the coolest name in golf this side of Bryson DeChambeau?

What are you thoughts on the Nike Golf brand?  How does their equipment stack up to the rest of the "Big 5?" (Cally, TMag, Titleist, PING, Cobra?)
    • By GolfSpy Barbajo
      Testers Wanted!!!
      Nike Vapor Flex 440 Driver

Are you looking for a little more hop in your pop? A little more fly in your sky? A little more ka-boom in your broom?

When it comes to drivers, who isn't?

We know distance is good, and distance in the general direction of the green is even better.  And when it comes to our big artillery, long and findable make for fun golf.

All the better if it's a stick with bitchin' good looks.
      Unique By DNANo matter how you feel about Nike's golf clubs, one thing you can't say is "same thing, only different." The word "unique" definitely applies.

So does "polarizing."

Nike has no problem with “polarizing.” You may love ‘em, you may hate ‘em, but as far as Nike is concerned, at least you're paying attention. Big, bright swooshes, Volt-yellow underbellies and now a Swedish flag color scheme - Nike gives you clubs you can't help but notice.

Color and flash get you looks, but performance gets you gamed. And if you're a better player, Nike thinks its new Vapor Flex 440 driver is long enough, straight enough and unique enough to find a home in your bag.
      Of Flight Pods & RZN...2015's original Vapor Flex driver broke the mold with its extensive use of RZN (roughly 20% of the body was made of Nike's mystery meat) and with its Flight Pod – an AA battery-looking movable weight thingy that lets you swap the CG from low-forward to low-back.

If a little bit of RZN is good, then apparently a truck-load of RZN is better. Nike joins the multi-material parade by making a full 60% of the 2016 Vapor Flex 440 head out of RZN (the rest is titanium). As a result, the new 440CC head is larger, lighter and deeper than its 420CC older brother, with the requisite thinner, hotter face.

And the Flight Pod lets you fine tune for either a mid-or low launch angle, more workability or more forgiveness and either low spin or wicked low spin.

Combine the Flight Pod with Nike's Flex Fit 2.0 adjustability and you have a driver with a Transformer-like 30 unique loft, face angle and flight settings.
      Test & Review? We Want You!Make no mistake, Nike says the Vapor Flex 440 is aimed at better players, combining the right amount of forgiveness with the obligatory beastly distance. As you know, MyGolfSpy never takes anyone's word for anything. #DataCratic is a way of life as well as a hashtag, and we want your help.

Nike Golf is providing us with 4 Vapor Flex 440 drivers, and we need 4 of you to do the heavy lifting and test and review them for us. Does the Flight Pod make a difference? Does this thing deliver length, accuracy, and forgiveness? And is it a piece of heavy artillery worthy of consideration in your bag?
      How To Sign Up:If you'd like to test the Nike Vapor Flex 440 driver for MyGolfSpy, please tell us:

First name, home state/province/country
      Your current driver, current shaft and current flex
      Swing speed and average carry

This is a great opportunity to test out one of the most unique drivers on the market today. We need you to help us determine if “unique” equals “performance.”

We'll be selecting our 4 testers in a week to 10 days, and will announce the testers in our Official Forum thread.

For more information:
      Visit the Nike Golf website
      Like Nike Golf on Facebook
      Follow Nike Golf on Twitter
      Subscribe to Nike Golf on Instagram
  • Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!