TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

Ok guys, week one session two is in the books. With the exception of the first three swings with the lightest club, I saw a slight improvement on how fast I was swinging. I think the whole I just got home from work thing slowed me down.

It was just slightly less awkward swinging on my non dominant side, I just really don't want to see video of it.

I'll be doing my next set Friday after work. I was hoping we wouldn't have to work, as I work four days at ten hours. Yay! Overtime. I really wish there was a sarcasm font. Then I'll get some range time on Saturday and hopefully play Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I was a little late to the start party due to being out of town and playing in a golf tourney yesterday. Got my first session in tonight and it went pretty well. Although I realized halfway through the warmup that I should have made a list of all the stretches.. I feel like I missed one..

Due to my schedule, I did my session in the evening, but I don't feel like it slowed me down. I should be able to get a morning session in once per week, so I will keep note if the time of day makes a big difference for me. My non-dominant swing speed is fairly decent as well, I guess all those days messing around left handed have helped! I was as close as a 1 mph difference in a couple of the sets (although my max for each side put my dominant swing ahead by 4 mph). My golf friends have sometimes joked that I should switch to playing left handed because of my horrible over-the-top move I have on my dominant side (which doesn't show up when I swing the wrong way). Maybe I'll have to revisit that depending on how comfortable I get swinging on the left!

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

37 minutes ago, Kegger said:

I was a little late to the start party due to being out of town and playing in a golf tourney yesterday. Got my first session in tonight and it went pretty well. Although I realized halfway through the warmup that I should have made a list of all the stretches.. I feel like I missed one..

Due to my schedule, I did my session in the evening, but I don't feel like it slowed me down. I should be able to get a morning session in once per week, so I will keep note if the time of day makes a big difference for me. My non-dominant swing speed is fairly decent as well, I guess all those days messing around left handed have helped! I was as close as a 1 mph difference in a couple of the sets (although my max for each side put my dominant swing ahead by 4 mph). My golf friends have sometimes joked that I should switch to playing left handed because of my horrible over-the-top move I have on my dominant side (which doesn't show up when I swing the wrong way). Maybe I'll have to revisit that depending on how comfortable I get swinging on the left!

When I swing the Skilz left handed, I can feel my right side pulling the club through, and it feels good.  It doesn't feel that way when I swing right handed, dominant side.  I've been working on it, but my left arm doesn't pull like my right arm does.  I feel that if I spent several months without playing golf, I could switch to left handed swing.  Why would I want to do that??  Every LH player here on the forum complains about OEMs not having left handed clubs!!

My second session this week was a repeat of the first session; about the same speeds both left and right.  Dominant side is slightly faster.  I did hit the grass once with the lightest club.  I don't seem to have much control with it, but it is the fastest club although not by much.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Great stage ones guys 😁, I know some of you have been experiencing some DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) but are you hurting in unexpected places? 🤔😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Great stage ones guys , I know some of you have been experiencing some DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) but are you hurting in unexpected places?
Thank you! The most unexpected soreness I have is in my lats and it's not so much from the swing, but from the warm-up. I think I got a little overzealous with the shoulder rolls. I'm also feeling a little soreness in my lower right back from not being used to shifting my weight and turning to that side.

So far no real soreness. I think it helped starting the program after playing 25 rounds this summer (which is a lot for me in Wisconsin). If I had started this in January I guarantee I would feel it more.

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Great stage ones guys , I know some of you have been experiencing some DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) but are you hurting in unexpected places?

My soreness is exactly where I would expect it all on my left side. I will say that it’s hard to tell if it’s not as much from playing in super thick rough on Sunday - I had one shot out of that rough which really hurt.

Interesting to hear that some of us are close dominant to non-dominant sides - I’m 10 to 12 mph different.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

My soreness is exactly where I would expect it all on my left side. I will say that it’s hard to tell if it’s not as much from playing in super thick rough on Sunday - I had one shot out of that rough which really hurt.

Interesting to hear that some of us are close dominant to non-dominant sides - I’m 10 to 12 mph different.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
Your non-dominant will speed up! It's been a while, but I have practiced left handed in the past. I used to help out at a community college golf class and I would work with the leftys! Got fairly decent at striking the ball left-handed, just never had the same control that I do on my right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

5 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Great stage ones guys 😁, I know some of you have been experiencing some DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) but are you hurting in unexpected places? 🤔😎

Well, being the oldest tester of the group, I always have pains.  I had been doing some of the exercises prior to playing for quite awhile (touching toes, arm circles), but not a set of exercises that targets many parts of the body one after the other.  However, I have a new pain that showed up after the first session in both hips.  I've never had an issues with my hips.  It didn't get any worse after the second session.  I'm liking the exercise routine; just need to get better with my balance.  I don't want to be a statistic... "Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!"

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Well, being the oldest tester of the group, I always have pains.  I had been doing some of the exercises prior to playing for quite awhile (touching toes, arm circles), but not a set of exercises that targets many parts of the body one after the other.  However, I have a new pain that showed up after the first session in both hips.  I've never had an issues with my hips.  It didn't get any worse after the second session.  I'm liking the exercise routine; just need to get better with my balance.  I don't want to be a statistic... "Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!"

I may not be as old as you but I'm sure my body feels like it's 85.  Having a bad back & bad hip (trying to get the hip replaced this winter), really takes its toll on my workout routines.  But ....  that's what drugs are for afterwards.  So my pains are in the same spots they always are, nothing new there.  

The back-ass-wards swinging on the wrong side of the ball ... YIKES!  That is a sight that no one should see.  Mrs Nut watched me & said "you're going to break something swinging that way, WTH are you doing?"  I did see my swing speed jump to 103 mph though.  I was pleasantly surprised by that.  

Looking to do another session this evening when I get home from work, right before the hockey game!  

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

58 minutes ago, golfinnut said:

I may not be as old as you but I'm sure my body feels like it's 85.  Having a bad back & bad hip (trying to get the hip replaced this winter), really takes its toll on my workout routines.  But ....  that's what drugs are for afterwards.  So my pains are in the same spots they always are, nothing new there.  

The back-ass-wards swinging on the wrong side of the ball ... YIKES!  That is a sight that no one should see.  Mrs Nut watched me & said "you're going to break something swinging that way, WTH are you doing?"  I did see my swing speed jump to 103 mph though.  I was pleasantly surprised by that.  

Looking to do another session this evening when I get home from work, right before the hockey game!  

I would love to have a 103 mph swing speed!!  Actually, my speed with all of the training clubs is not that much different.  Of course the lightest one is a little faster, but not by much.  I have a hard time controlling the lightest club.  Yes, I could break something, and it would be the radar unit!  I did have my wrong side of the ball swing speed equal my normal side of the ball swing speed once, I think with the middle club.  

I did want to let everyone know that yesterday's soreness is gone. 

I'm still intrigued by the differences that we are experiencing in regards to initial results.  I'm sure a lot of that has to do with our swing types.  While I'm not at 20 percent faster with the lightest, green club, I'm significantly faster with it and there is a nice progression down until the Red, heavy, club is a couple of miles per hour faster than my driver SS.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I was just going to say that I will be anxious to see when this translates over into increased yardage on the course.
Nicely done! Intriguing indeed

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

I am definitely hoping for increased distance on the course! I found my first training session very encouraging. I was able to get the heavy red club (which is 9% heavier than my driver) up to 102 mph. This is compared to my baseline driver SS average of 90.5 mph.. Sure, I won't be swinging my driver like the training club on the course, but I didn't think I had that type of speed in me! 

I did want to let everyone know that yesterday's soreness is gone. 

I'm still intrigued by the differences that we are experiencing in regards to initial results.  I'm sure a lot of that has to do with our swing types.  While I'm not at 20 percent faster with the lightest, green club, I'm significantly faster with it and there is a nice progression down until the Red, heavy, club is a couple of miles per hour faster than my driver SS.
It's really interesting, like you, my swing speed with the heaviest club was about 4 mph faster than my normal swing speed. I also saw some crazy differences in my non-dominant side from swing to swing. During the step change it would be like 76, 75, 85. I can't wait to see if anything changes with my driver, even if it's just 1-2 mph.

11 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

It's really interesting, like you, my swing speed with the heaviest club was about 4 mph faster than my normal swing speed. I also saw some crazy differences in my non-dominant side from swing to swing. During the step change it would be like 76, 75, 85. I can't wait to see if anything changes with my driver, even if it's just 1-2 mph.

Your swing speed with the heaviest club will likely always be faster for a number of reasons. It may be heavier than your actual driver, but there are aerodynamics in play there, there's no club-head to push through the air. You'll also be less focused on pure path and with no ball in the way you focus on speed alone, not impact.

The non-dominant side should start to equalize, at the moment if you're not used to that your body is having to learn the basics of the motion entirely.

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

Instagram @makingscratch : https://www.instagram.com/makingscratch/

Twitter @makingscratchUK : https://twitter.com/makingscratchuk

WITB:

• Driver : Ping G400 - Tour65 Stiff 44"
  • Fairway : Taylormade Burner 2.0 15deg - Reax-R
  • Hybrid : Taylormade M2 22deg - Flex-R
  • Irons : 4-6 Srixon Z765, 7-PW Srixon Z965 - Nippon Modus 105 S
  • Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15
    • 56deg Vokey SM5 F-Grind - Nippon ProModus 130 TX
    • 60deg Miura K-Grind - TT DG Spinner
  • Putter : Evnroll ER2
  • Ball : Vice Pro Plus

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

Work shut down production today because of supplier issues, so I took a trip to Kennesaw, GA to the PGA Superstore. I came home with a new set of irons. Bought a set of Cobra F8's thanks to all of the reviews during the Cobra Connect challenge. I'll have to get a few rounds in and modify what clubs I use for certain distances. I'm sure it'll change anyway due to the SuperSpeed training.
My golf partner will be receiving my old set of LCG's seeing as he likes them. rps20181004_144334.jpegrps20181004_144243.jpeg

New irons look great. I'm also in the market for a new set but am waiting to see if our SuperSpeed training has a big effect on my swing speed first. I'll probably get fit in December or January if Club Champion has their usual half off fitting sale.

Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200

New irons look great. I'm also in the market for a new set but am waiting to see if our SuperSpeed training has a big effect on my swing speed first. I'll probably get fit in December or January if Club Champion has their usual half off fitting sale.

Thank you!

I finished Week 1 Session 3 today.  I start Week 2 Session 1 on Sunday, so I have a couple days off.

I'm stoked about the change since last Sunday.  Speed is up for the light and middle club both right and left handed from 4-12 mph.  The heavy club speed hasn't changed much.   I am about 5 mph slower with my non-dominant hand.

Week 1 is in the books!  As a reminder the lightest club (Green for me) is about 20% lighter than my driver, Blue = 10% lighter, and Red = 5% heavier.  I'm not going to measure my driver swing speed every week, but at the start it maxed out at 104.

Week 1 speeds.png

It's definitely taking me some time to get used to swinging left handed.  I've messed around with a friend's left handed clubs before, but never tried to swing them for speed.

I also wore my heart rate chest strap monitor to see what type of fitness benefits this may bring.  The warmup took 7 minutes and burned approximately 50 calories.  The actual swing protocol took an additional 8 minutes and burned about 100 calories.  15 minutes of work to burn 150 calories isn't going to make anyone lose a massive amount of weight, but it's definitely more healthy than sitting in the bar doing 12 ounce curls.

My first week is finished! It has been enjoyable to do the sessions. Gotta say something about the dynamic warm-up, it's awesome! I came home from work today feeling like swinging a club would be miserable. Ever have one of those days where you were so sore it felt like even your hair was hurting? Yeah...that's kind of how I felt. Going to buy new clubs yesterday took a lot of swinging and I was feeling it today.

I'm hitting the course tomorrow and then I'll crunch some numbers to give to y'all. I plan on taking the radar to get some on course numbers, along with some Arccos stats. Can't wait to put the new Cobras in play.

I agree.  I'm liking the Dynamic Warmup.  It really doesn't take very long, and I'm going to start using it before playing.  I have been doing a variation of some of them anyway, but now it's becoming a routine.  Playing tomorrow at 10am; might be raining.

9 hours ago, 02uwmadgrad said:

Week 1 is in the books!  As a reminder the lightest club (Green for me) is about 20% lighter than my driver, Blue = 10% lighter, and Red = 5% heavier.  I'm not going to measure my driver swing speed every week, but at the start it maxed out at 104.

Week 1 speeds.png

It's definitely taking me some time to get used to swinging left handed.  I've messed around with a friend's left handed clubs before, but never tried to swing them for speed.

I also wore my heart rate chest strap monitor to see what type of fitness benefits this may bring.  The warmup took 7 minutes and burned approximately 50 calories.  The actual swing protocol took an additional 8 minutes and burned about 100 calories.  15 minutes of work to burn 150 calories isn't going to make anyone lose a massive amount of weight, but it's definitely more healthy than sitting in the bar doing 12 ounce curls.

I was so happy when I hit 111 in my session today (highest I've seen yet), and here you are with 138!!

SuperSpeed said the heavy club should be about 12% faster than our normal driver, so the 119 number would put me right in line with my actual max of 104 (119 * .88 = 104.72).

Not sure where the 138 came from.  Must have been that bowl of Frosted Flakes I stole from my son this morning.  💪

I'm not seeing numbers that come close to approaching what our other testers have. after my first workout of my second week -  :(

I did see a significant increase in my left hand SS's.  In fact I was 98, 92, 88 left handed - the 92 with the blue was actually faster than my right handed swing with that club although I was also faster with the red club right handed than the blue club today - boo blue!

I've also yet to approach the Superspeed projected numbers above my normal.  I suspect there are two reasons for this.  I had been doing golf specific workouts for about three months prior to starting this protocol and had picked up 4 mph of SS during that time (there may be less out there for me to gain than for other people.)  Everyone's swing and body is different so that we all will react differently to this training.  It will be a marathon and one week does not win the race so to speak.

I can't believe a 30 percent increase in SS with the green club - that's nuts U2UW - BTW were you in Madison with one of my former church members?  You may have heard of him, Sammy Dekker?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I'm not seeing numbers that come close to approaching what our other testers have. after my first workout of my second week - 

I did see a significant increase in my left hand SS's.  In fact I was 98, 92, 88 left handed - the 92 with the blue was actually faster than my right handed swing with that club although I was also faster with the red club right handed than the blue club today - boo blue!

I've also yet to approach the Superspeed projected numbers above my normal.  I suspect there are two reasons for this.  I had been doing golf specific workouts for about three months prior to starting this protocol and had picked up 4 mph of SS during that time (there may be less out there for me to gain than for other people.)  Everyone's swing and body is different so that we all will react differently to this training.  It will be a marathon and one week does not win the race so to speak.
I can't believe a 30 percent increase in SS with the green club - that's nuts U2UW - BTW were you in Madison with one of my former church members?  You may have heard of him, Sammy Dekker?
Dekker and Kaminsky (Frank the Tank!) were at UW about 10 years after I graduated. I was there during the Ron Dayne football days.

SuperSpeed week one is in the books and week two has started. Now for some numbers from week one:

Top Swing Speed for Each Club yellow, green, blue

RH regular 101, 99, 94
LH regular 77, 85, 78
RH step change 99, 99, 93
LH step change 86, 86, 86

All of these swings RH are faster than my initial SS of 89. I'm in the group that hasn't seen massive jumps in the training clubs compared to my driver, but it's just the first week and I wasn't expecting to see them. I am seeing my last three swings average 100 mph to end the protocols.

I've swung a lot of clubs this week, so it also could be that my body isn't used to the strain I've put on it. I spent an hour and a half on Thursday swinging clubs at the PGA Superstore trying to find the best fit. Between that, the range, and I played yesterday, that's a lot for this fella.

My driver swing speed has increased, I took the radar with me to the course and averaged 90 mph off the tee. The Arccos numbers were horrendous, as my driver couldn't hit water if it fell out of a boat. I was all over the place. Screenshot_20181007-100319_Firefox.jpeg
Screenshot_20181007-100309_Firefox.jpeg

My longest drive was 217, but when you hit them 40 yards right, it hurts the distance. It was the worst day driving I've had in a while.

After week one, I'm perfectly happy with the progress I've made with SuperSpeed. If I can pick up a mile per hour a week for six weeks, I'll take it with a smile on my face.