TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

Welcome aboard! It's great to hear your story and have you share your experiences with the SuperSpeed program. I'm glad to hear that someone who is further along with the protocols is finding better accuracy. The first time I played after starting the program it was all over the place. The thing I've noticed is better contact off the fairway. I'm not chunking or topping the ball as bad. Keep us informed on how your doing, and thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

@sgold7

It’s fine to have you jump in and comment. Just remember that besides testing Super Speed we are testing a new set of protocols that are a bit different from what’s on the website. So yours won’t exactly correspond to what we are doing.

Glad to see you’re having good results!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Really enjoyed reading about what your experience has been, SGOLD7!   Lots of interesting information there and extremely encouraging to those of us who have been picked to do the reviews.  Thank you!!  Please continue to keep us posted!

I've been a Lutheran pastor for almost 40 years.

15 hours ago, revkev said:

Just remember that besides testing Super Speed we are testing a new set of protocols that are a bit different from what’s on the website.

I was unaware of this. I've also deviated from the advised path as they want you doing the initial protocol for 4 weeks and I moved on after just 2. Trying to figure out what works best for me with the immediate goal of driver accuracy improvement more important than the longer-term goal of increased swing speed. 

Where can I find the distinction between what the website advises compared to what you guys are specifically doing with the new set of protocols?

:mizuno-small: ST 180 Driver & 3W

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 4i-GW

:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges

The same putter I used since I was 12 years old

#TrustTheProcess 

48 minutes ago, sgold7 said:

I was unaware of this. I've also deviated from the advised path as they want you doing the initial protocol for 4 weeks and I moved on after just 2. Trying to figure out what works best for me with the immediate goal of driver accuracy improvement more important than the longer-term goal of increased swing speed. 

Where can I find the distinction between what the website advises compared to what you guys are specifically doing with the new set of protocols?

I would imagine you can't yet. They want these new protocols tested, so the guys doing the test / review will have been briefed on the procedure and left to it.
We won't know what those new protocols are, probably until SuperSpeed decide to release them...
That is my guess though, if someone from the test group could confirm....?

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

Instagram @makingscratch : https://www.instagram.com/makingscratch/

Twitter @makingscratchUK : https://twitter.com/makingscratchuk

WITB:

• Driver : Ping G400 - Tour65 Stiff 44"
  • Fairway : Taylormade Burner 2.0 15deg - Reax-R
  • Hybrid : Taylormade M2 22deg - Flex-R
  • Irons : 4-6 Srixon Z765, 7-PW Srixon Z965 - Nippon Modus 105 S
  • Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15
    • 56deg Vokey SM5 F-Grind - Nippon ProModus 130 TX
    • 60deg Miura K-Grind - TT DG Spinner
  • Putter : Evnroll ER2
  • Ball : Vice Pro Plus

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

As Jon surmised they don't have the new protocols on the website as yet.  From what I can tell though the changes are practical in nature.  For example they've done away with the 4 week introductory protocol and go right into level 1 which lasts 6 weeks - it includes the dynamic warm up, 3 dominant and non-dominant swings with each weighted club, the step through swings three each and then three dominant swings with the lightest club. 

We don't track that initial bump either - no swings with the real driver at the end of a session - we tracked our driver speed as an average of fives shots when we started will again at the end of level 1. 

I was very fast yesterday afternoon - while my top number remained the same with the green sticks I hit my top speed three days rather than once, was 5 MPH faster with the blue than ever before and almost always over 100 with the green dominant side on all swings. 

I'm playing Friday (weather permitting) and again on Sunday so we will see how it goes.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

14 minutes ago, revkev said:

level 1 which lasts 6 weeks - it includes the dynamic warm up, 3 dominant and non-dominant swings with each weighted club, the step through swings three each and then three dominant swings with the lightest club. 

What's described here is the initial protocol---not level 1. I'm under the assumption that the initial protocol is 3 swings with each stick from each side---one regular swing set, one step thru and then the close with 5 green regular swings. Level 1 is FIVE swings from each side with each stick---with the first set being knee swings, the second set being full regular swings, the third set being step thrus and then the close with the 5 aggressive regular swings with the light stick. 

So it sounds like you're describing that they changed the name of the "Initial protocol" to "Level 1" because the routine is the same. 

#TrustTheProcess 

1 hour ago, sgold7 said:

What's described here is the initial protocol---not level 1. I'm under the assumption that the initial protocol is 3 swings with each stick from each side---one regular swing set, one step thru and then the close with 5 green regular swings. Level 1 is FIVE swings from each side with each stick---with the first set being knee swings, the second set being full regular swings, the third set being step thrus and then the close with the 5 aggressive regular swings with the light stick. 

So it sounds like you're describing that they changed the name of the "Initial protocol" to "Level 1" because the routine is the same. 

Yes, there is no longer an initial protocol in what we're testing. The initial protocol is now our Level 1 and lasts for 6 weeks instead of 4 weeks. Our Level 2 should be similar to the current Level 1, but again, I think the length is different. I haven't done much comparison beyond that because it's still so far away, but I think there are some swing exercise changes coming in the later Levels.

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

I had to alter my Protocol schedule last weekend since I was traveling to Spokane.  I usually do the Protocol on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.  However, I performed it on Saturday morning before we left on our trip, then again on Tuesday afternoon when we returned.  I will perform my 3rd one this week on Thursday.  I will continue this schedule this weekend because we are traveling again until Monday afternoon.  

On Saturday it was just after the sun came up and temp was in high 30's .  My results were a little lower than usual.  I will say that if I ever do the Protocol early in the morning again, I will NOT travel 2.5 hours, wait for a 2 hour frost delay, and then play 18 holes on a course that I have only play a few times.  My driver was all over the place, and if I hadn't scrambled pretty well, my score would have been terrible!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Thanks, Rev, for letting me understand what Superspeed Golf is.

I think that in conjunction with a modest physical fitness regimen, it would have helped me a lot.

But I also acknowledge that if I actually did a training regimen as a mature adult, I wouldn't be me.

I'd definitely be some other guy.  Probably somebody who didn't break down before he reached 70.

If I needed golf as much as i enjoyed it, I would have probably acted accordingly.

Instead, I acted like a guy who once, a very long time ago, 

had to train hard not to get his head knocked off,

and then realized that nobody was trying to knock his head off anymore.

It's like feeling privileged.

I did my day 2 protocol today for our third week of SuperSpeed training. Yesterday was washed out for doing it, literally. Right before work let out we had a line of storms hit and I was not able to go out and play in the yard. Today was a different story, as it was sunny and 70.

I saw some really good progress, overall my speeds were consistently higher through all of the protocols with the exception of the last three swings with the lightest club. I did have to take a couple of extra swings, as the wife was videoing me and she had some technical difficulties with the camera.

Daisy wanted a video of our step change in order to help us out with some advice on how to make that particular swing better and work on getting more speed from it.

Their customer service has been great and I'm appreciative of her checking in to help us reach our full potential.

Here's a couple of photos from my log book to show you guys how it's progressing. 20181017_194339.jpeg20181017_194407.jpeg

2 thoughts just to throw out there.

1.  It would be easier if I had 2 swing speed readers in a perfect world.  Because having to stop after swinging the drills on the right side, then have to set up the reader perfectly for the left side swing takes a bit of time & effort & gets me out of whatever rhythm I may have been in.  Is there any downside to doing all the right side swings first and then doing the left's?  Just so I only have to change the reader once.  Just a thought.

2.  If the sticks had "the perfect grip" training grip on them. (see below) My thought behind this is what if someone has a faulty grip that doesn't allow proper rotation in the forearms or wrists?  Wouldn't that compromise the accuracy of the swing speed numbers?  The training grip could accomplish two goals in the process.  Helping you attain the proper "release" and maximize your swing speed at the same time. 

grip.jpg

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

2 hours ago, golfinnut said:

1.  It would be easier if I had 2 swing speed readers in a perfect world.  Because having to stop after swinging the drills on the right side, then have to set up the reader perfectly for the left side swing takes a bit of time & effort & gets me out of whatever rhythm I may have been in.Is there any downside to doing all the right side swings first and then doing the left's?  Just so I only have to change the reader once.  Just a thought.

2.  If the sticks had "the perfect grip" training grip on them. (see below) My thought behind this is what if someone has a faulty grip that doesn't allow proper rotation in the forearms or wrists?  Wouldn't that compromise the accuracy of the swing speed numbers?  The training grip could accomplish two goals in the process.  Helping you attain the proper "release" and maximize your swing speed at the same time. 

Where do you do your SuperSpeed training?

I get why at the range they suggest you turn around between sides so that you're always swinging the weighted end away from anyone who may be walking past, but if that's no issue then I personally do all of mine exactly where I was stood for the other side. Just swing dominant, switch hands and swing non-dominant from the same location.

To directly address the questions (all only in my opinion) though:

1. Based upon purely good training principles, I would do the sides as they are recommended. Light dominant, Light non-dom, Mid dom, Mid non-dom etc. It both allows the muscles on the one side to rest for a few moments between sets and also keeps the workload balanced or once you move on to your non-dominant side you're going to struggle to perform as well because you're further down the exhaustion line than you would be switching up.
If you want to do it "properly", I'd suggest doing it exactly as they recommend. Then again, as has already been pointed out here, part of the "test" is seeing how it works for people in the real world, so if you'd do it differently regardless of what was set out, maybe do that... ?

2. "Release" due to grip wouldn't affect the numbers too heavily in this instance as there is no club head and orientation becomes irrelevant. On that basis it's also maybe best not to have an oriented grip because you're swinging the club hard as it is, so you'll get completely uniform wear. With a circular grip you can adjust your hand position each time so the grip will last longer. I wonder if you might also get used to relying on the moulding to improve your grip and find it harder not to have it in future.
Second, having a moulded grip would make each club orientation specific, so you'd need a right-handed light and a left-handed light... 6 clubs suddenly...!

As an addendum, the aim of the exercise is not to teach things like release or even to have you actually working much on that part of your swing, it's not about a good shape to your swing either, it's purely about training your large muscle groups to move faster and with more freedom than they currently do. The whole point is about using the lighter weight to coach into the heavier weight a muscle-memory that you can move faster than your muscles previously thought when moving weight. That is why it's important to keep the flow correct, left and right and also why grip position is mostly irrelevant. You could use a full baseball grip if you wanted and achieve mostly the same thing as it's the glutes, hips, abdomen etc that are really being "trained".

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

Instagram @makingscratch : https://www.instagram.com/makingscratch/

Twitter @makingscratchUK : https://twitter.com/makingscratchuk

WITB:

• Driver : Ping G400 - Tour65 Stiff 44"
  • Fairway : Taylormade Burner 2.0 15deg - Reax-R
  • Hybrid : Taylormade M2 22deg - Flex-R
  • Irons : 4-6 Srixon Z765, 7-PW Srixon Z965 - Nippon Modus 105 S
  • Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15
    • 56deg Vokey SM5 F-Grind - Nippon ProModus 130 TX
    • 60deg Miura K-Grind - TT DG Spinner
  • Putter : Evnroll ER2
  • Ball : Vice Pro Plus

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

1.  It would be easier if I had 2 swing speed readers in a perfect world.  Because having to stop after swinging the drills on the right side, then have to set up the reader perfectly for the left side swing takes a bit of time & effort & gets me out of whatever rhythm I may have been in.  Is there any downside to doing all the right side swings first and then doing the left's?  Just so I only have to change the reader once.  Just a thought.

grip.jpg.ecaff1c3628ad241e4836d185e52ce32.jpg

I just find a safe place and turn around. My biggest issue is pausing to write because I’m older and forgetful. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Okay this is my official week three check in. Top swing speeds righty were Green 109 (both regular and step), Blue 105, Red 100. Lefty was 97,92,92 respectively. (Wrong lefty numbers originally entered - sorry)

The big news was this though:

IMG_1386.thumb.JPG.3ac1334cb68551390bc946899be911d9.JPG

I gave my wife a day with a house cleaning service for her birthday and she used it today, the first day of a little mini vacation for me. She said, “Go play golf.” Instead I dropped Penny off at school Super Speed sticks in tow, went to the club, had a light breakfast and hit the gym for the warm up, range for the protocol and some drivers to see if I was getting that jump. (I’m playing golf tomorrow and Sunday afternoon anyway)

My initial driver speed average was 91 and I think the fastest in the sequence was 93.

You can see that the jump is real - my average worked out to 95.6 for 5 swings with this whopper in the mix. And the shot was perfect, launched dead straight, 247 carry on my other device (Swing Caddy). I haven’t seen that kind of distance in fifteen years.

I’d be doing the Mambo all over the course if that’s where I was at in three more weeks.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

One of the best parts about this community is learning about products like this one from MGS and SuperSpeed, then seeing all of the positive responses from the community giving me the confidence to go out and buy a great product for myself. With that in mind is the real reason I'm posting the numbers and data from last night's simulator session...

So I go into my simulator for the first time since last Friday. I've since played a round of golf where I drove the ball well and did another two SuperSpeed workouts. My last club head averages were around 118.5 MPH with a few over 120 and one over 121. My longest drive ever on the simulator, to this point, was 315 yards. So after my warm-up I take out the driver and am ready to start waking. I've always gotten readings from the one simulator for consistencies sake---but this time it was occupied so I had to use the other one. Not a huge deal as they are marketed as the same exact thing but I like being consistent. Anyway, here were the results from a 11-swing sample (well, it was 12 swings, one was a miss-hit so I didn't include it in the averages. One mishit to 11 good strikes is massive improvement on it's own):

Average Distance/Average Carry: 307.7 / 297 (August 8th Sample Numbers: 291.8/280)

Average Swing and Ball Speed: 120.38 / 174.5 (8/8 Sample: 116.1 MPH / 167.54)

My longest shot from that 8/8 sample: 303 distance, 291 carry, 116.28 MPH, 168.94 Ball Speed, 3.6* offline (not on the fairway, probably in the treeline).

My best shot (2* of accuracy): 299 distance, 288 carry, 115.04 MPH, 163.21 Ball Speed, .97* offline.

My best shot from last night? 325 distance,  314 carry, 123.89 MPH, 181.61 Ball Speed, 1.58* offline. 4 of the 9 hits that I can see (the first two wouldn't fit on the page I take a pic of) carried 300, with a 299 and a 296 not included. Every ball I hit last night was longer than the original sample average from early August of 291 total distance. The slowest club head speed last night was 117.8, the second slowest was 119.24---and every other one was over 120 MPH. 5 of the 9 were over 121. 

If you recall from the opening, I hit in the "wrong" of the two simulators last night. Because of this I was skeptical of the results---maybe this one is a few MPH off? So I finished my hour long range sesh (another 40-60 swings after the driver), waited for the other guy to leave my 'correct' simulator and then I teed up another 10 or so drivers from there. So I'm expecting the numbers to be a little less because I've now taken a significant amount of swings but I don't feel confident, at this point, that the gains were in fact real. Here are the numbers from my second 10-swing sample (2 mishits in this sample, so it was really 12 swings total):

Average distance/carry: 296 / 287 (still a 5 & 7 yard increase over my baseline numbers from August---and this is now after a significant workout)

Avg club / ball speed: 120.42 / 168.61(My average speed in session 2 last night was still equivalent to my top single swing speed of the original 8/8 baseline)

The longest shot was 303 carry / 313 total; swing speed of 121.58. My slowest club head speed of the second sample last night was 114, which skewed the average down---as my second lowest was 119.5 & every other one was over 120, with 3 swings over 122. 

Conclusion: I knew going in that I had untapped distance in my driver as my 3-wood was going 270 and my driver barely 280---so I was definitely expecting quick, positive results. However, my swing speed has pretty much jumped from 116 to 120 and I've added about 16 yards to my average drive---to say that I was expecting results like this within a 6-week period would be a massive understatement. And as my prior post showed---this isn't 'range hero' type stuff. 6 of my last 7 drives (all the drives I hit over the last two rounds I've played) have found the fairway in a season in which my fairway percentage this year has been about 30% before two weeks ago. I could not be happier with the SuperSpeed system! 

#TrustTheProcess 

I just booked a first class ticket on the hype train after reading through the thread. So far, it sounds like the product is really working. Anyone notice that it messes up their rhythm and timing on actual shots? Or, are you able to completely separate the training from what you have known/learned from a coach about an actual swing?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

13 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Anyone notice that it messes up their rhythm and timing on actual shots?

As someone who started off with rhythm and timing on my irons, but none with my driver---I'd argue the opposite. It's significantly helped. Now if I had good rhythm, timing and accuracy to start---I'd imagine there's a 'take one step back' phase before the 'couple steps forward' though. 

Or, are you able to completely separate the training from what you have known/learned from a coach about an actual swing?

My biggest fault in my swing is my hips come off the line---so when I practice with the SS sticks I have two main thoughts (three if you include--- "Dont let go of the freakin club again"): 

1. Swing really hard

2. Rip my hips to the left to really try and feel that "pulling" motion 

So it's a bit of both---the training is like 85% 'swing really hard' with a little bit of a focus on ripping my hips open and having a good inside-to-outside swing path. When I actually hit balls my focus is just on the back of the ball looking for good contact. 

#TrustTheProcess 

1 hour ago, yungkory said:

I just booked a first class ticket on the hype train after reading through the thread. So far, it sounds like the product is really working. Anyone notice that it messes up their rhythm and timing on actual shots? Or, are you able to completely separate the training from what you have known/learned from a coach about an actual swing?

I would say it hasn't been a problem with irons or hybrids, but it has affected my driver when I play.  For the last several years I have been fairly accurate with my driver, although not long which is why I signed up for this test.  I would typically hit most fairways at my course, missing only by a little if I did.  Since the middle of September I have been tracking stats in The Grint since I will be keeping my handicap there next year.  For the past month I have only been hitting 64% of the fairways, and many of the misses are worse than my past misses.

I'm not complaining; I expected as much. Most misses are to the right, as a righty.  My guess at this point is that ALL of the training clubs are lighter than my driver so when I play, my driver is lagging behind because it's heavier than the training clubs.  It improves as the round goes on, as I settle into my normal rhythm with that club. 

I don't think this would be a problem if you have the Men's Set of training clubs since the heaviest club is heavier than most all drivers.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

At first yes for me. But if you just swing your swing on the course you’re fine or at least I am. The warm up is great - I only need to hit a handful of balls after it and I’m truly good to go. Today on the range I did warm up in the gym, full protocol, 5 wedges, 5 9 irons, and my first driver was drilled straight down the guy. Hit 4 more drivers to find my average SS. Rested a few minutes. Hit 10 more drivers, putted for a bit, hit about 10 half 7 irons fades which is a drill my teacher gave me, 15 normal 7 irons (150 into the breeze all reaching the pin - that’s really good for me) and 10 56’s to an 85 yard pin - so that’s lots of full swings

I don’t feel the least bit sore this evening and my balance on “real” swings is getting very good. Look at some of the men and women tour players using this training. It’s the real deal IMO.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

3 hours ago, sgold7 said:

As someone who started off with rhythm and timing on my irons, but none with my driver---I'd argue the opposite. It's significantly helped. Now if I had good rhythm, timing and accuracy to start---I'd imagine there's a 'take one step back' phase before the 'couple steps forward' though. 

My biggest fault in my swing is my hips come off the line---so when I practice with the SS sticks I have two main thoughts (three if you include--- "Dont let go of the freakin club again"): 

1. Swing really hard

2. Rip my hips to the left to really try and feel that "pulling" motion 

So it's a bit of both---the training is like 85% 'swing really hard' with a little bit of a focus on ripping my hips open and having a good inside-to-outside swing path. When I actually hit balls my focus is just on the back of the ball looking for good contact. 

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I would say it hasn't been a problem with irons or hybrids, but it has affected my driver when I play.  For the last several years I have been fairly accurate with my driver, although not long which is why I signed up for this test.  I would typically hit most fairways at my course, missing only by a little if I did.  Since the middle of September I have been tracking stats in The Grint since I will be keeping my handicap there next year.  For the past month I have only been hitting 64% of the fairways, and many of the misses are worse than my past misses.

I'm not complaining; I expected as much. Most misses are to the right, as a righty.  My guess at this point is that ALL of the training clubs are lighter than my driver so when I play, my driver is lagging behind because it's heavier than the training clubs.  It improves as the round goes on, as I settle into my normal rhythm with that club. 

I don't think this would be a problem if you have the Men's Set of training clubs since the heaviest club is heavier than most all drivers.

7 minutes ago, revkev said:

At first yes for me. But if you just swing your swing on the course you’re fine or at least I am. The warm up is great - I only need to hit a handful of balls after it and I’m truly good to go. Today on the range I did warm up in the gym, full protocol, 5 wedges, 5 9 irons, and my first driver was drilled straight down the guy. Hit 4 more drivers to find my average SS. Rested a few minutes. Hit 10 more drivers, putted for a bit, hit about 10 half 7 irons fades which is a drill my teacher gave me, 15 normal 7 irons (150 into the breeze all reaching the pin - that’s really good for me) and 10 56’s to an 85 yard pin - so that’s lots of full swings

I don’t feel the least bit sore this evening and my balance on “real” swings is getting very good. Look at some of the men and women tour players using this training. It’s the real deal IMO.

Thanks for the feedback! I guess I'll have to wait until the end to really get an answer. I'm weary that yes, I will realize speed when I'm trying to swing out of my shoes, but when I'm trying to make a gameable shot, I'll still be around that 105 mark. I get that the goal of the product is to teach you to swing faster, but I'll wait for the end to see how it translates onto the course for you folks.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I had a problem during the first round I played. If you look at the picture of my Arccos stats, you'll see that my drives were all over the place. I'm not the most accurate driver anyway, but this year has been the best I've had in years. My second round was better, my only regret was I played a course that I'm waiting to be mapped and don't have the data to back it up.

Last weekend I hit three 3 woods solid, was making better contact with my short irons, and had fewer cases of tops and chunks. It didn't help my putter, but that's just golf. I feel more confident standing over the ball than ever before. I think SuperSpeed has helped give me a better foundation for my swing.

I haven't gone to the range and done the training then hit to see if there is a jump, but I'm planning on doing that on Sunday. Hopefully the rain that's supposed to hit on Saturday will get out of here fast. I'll probably play again on Monday as I had to take the day off to get the oil changed in my lease car. I think I might have a little free time after that.

Thanks for the feedback! I guess I'll have to wait until the end to really get an answer. I'm weary that yes, I will realize speed when I'm trying to swing out of my shoes, but when I'm trying to make a gameable shot, I'll still be around that 105 mark. I get that the goal of the product is to teach you to swing faster, but I'll wait for the end to see how it translates onto the course for you folks.

I feel like this is what we all thought going into this, but let's look at it this way: You never swing 100% on the course, as an example, let's say you swing at 90% of your maximum for a gameable shot. At a 100mph max, your gaming swing would come in at 90mph. If we realize any gains to our maximum speed, let's say an increase to 105mph, coming out of your shoes, your gameable swing of 90% is now up to 94.5mph. This is my basic understanding of what the training is trying to accomplish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

Week 3 is finished! With the exception of the mosquitoes, it was a fun week. I hit a few highs on the radar, but I'm still chasing my unicorn....20% above my starting swing speed with the sticks. I am almost there with the step change, but my regular swing is lacking a little more.

I'll post up an official account of my week on Sunday. It's supposed to rain some tomorrow, so I'm waiting until I get to the range. Rev mentioned the speed jump and I want to see if I can mimic his results.

And as our last guy finished up my new week began this morning. My first day weighing under 165 since the 1970’s. That was accidental - 18 holes, the first 9 walking in 100 plus heat index plus a lot of walking last evening at a High School Football game. It will be back between 165 and 166 tomorrow.

At any rate more signs that a higher driver SS is setting in. All swings with the light (green) club were over 100. I surpassed my high with the green and red (that number will wait until Friday’s update).

I’m more than 19 percent above and 12 percent above my initial driver SS with the green and red which should mean that my actual swing speed is higher.

I will hit the range for a bit this afternoon to work on my short irons which were a disaster yesterday. Playing tomorrow after church with my son. It’s a course that I played 3 weeks ago so it will be a nice comparison - the carts have gps that allow you to record driving distance.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

For those of you that are testing or have purchased: How much of the results are related to the practice regiment and how much is actually the 'clubs'

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

For those of you that are testing or have purchased: How much of the results are related to the practice regiment and how much is actually the 'clubs'
Good question Tony, this is something that I've given a bit thought to and here's how I'm feeling after three weeks. The clubs play a huge role in what results I've seen, I'm gonna go 70%. I feel like having the different weights and being able to swing faster with the lighter is training my body and most importantly, my mind, to go faster. My last session I was able to hit 107mph during the step change still which is 20% faster than my initial swing speed of 89. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I can tell you that I've seen steady increases in three swings since day one.

I'm gonna go with the warm up being at 20% of the improvement. I work in automotive assembly doing repetitive work and have been for seven years. I stretch a lot, I have to. Before work, during work, and after work. In the last seven years I've noticed a loss in flexibility in several areas. I feel the warm up is helping to increase my flexibility, especially related to the golf swing.

The last 10% is going to the repetition of swinging the clubs. Wasn't it Hank Haney that did to make 100 swings a day to see an improvement? If my math is right, I'm swinging 59 times a day three days a week. It's not quite the 100 times a day, but it's a lot more than I used to do.

Overall, I feel as if the progressively weighted clubs are the biggest factor in this system. This may change as I go along, as we're only three weeks in.

@Tony - I'm not quite sure what you are asking.  Sirchunksalot took your "practice" regiment remark to mean the dynamic warm up.  I can honestly say that it is a very good warm up but there are others that are equally good so I would say that a good warm up is a part of swinging fast but it doesn't have to be Superspeed's exact one.  Since most of us don't warm up properly (by stretching all the necessary muscles and groups) Superspeed's dynamic warm up is a revelation and seems more important than it is - in short a good, golf specific warm up designed by a professional trainer is necessary to prepare a person to play his or her best golf and then also for the body to recover after the round or practice session.  This warm up fits that bill in all ways. 

If by regiment you mean the entire protocol process, warm up plus swings, then that is huge because it's there that you get your swing speed up.  It's pretty exciting to have started at 91 with the driver, do the dynamic warm up finishing with the 10 righty and 10 lefty swings with the heavy club (generally the fastest I can get them is around 90) and then the first swing out off the bat with the green club is 106.  By the time that I got to the red club, 5 righty and 6 lefty swings later - I was at 103 with that one - 13 mph faster than I was when I was warming up.

My fastest swing this morning was with the green club during the step through drill and it was a tour level SS - it felt fast!  Mid 100's actually feel normal to me now - no effort what so ever. 

I don't know what would happen if you fashioned your own weighted clubs - lots of research has gone into superspeed's equipment.  We have had internal discussion about the weight of these clubs relative to our drivers and about why Superspeed chose the clubs they did for each of us.  It's not my area of expertise so I will refrain from comment there.  I know that for me, with the driver that I use, I've got sticks that pretty much fit the Superspeed protocol.  I do wonder if they custom design them for their tour ambassadors so that the weight is spot on based on the players driver specs.  It will also be interesting to see if those of us who have sticks that more closely fit the advertised profile have greater gains than those who feel they don't.

I would say that this is like asking which is more important, the head or the shaft - its both in about equal proportions IMO.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches