Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

Because you asked, here's a video of my left handed swing. I'll apologize for the fact that the camerawork isn't that great since I was doing it on a tripod. I'm using the green stick, it's the light one but my medium weight, I have the senior set.

View at your own risk.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Nice one sirchunks!

So I played today at SPCC. It was crowded enough that I could only measure SS on a couple of drives but they were keepers - 94, 91 with both ball speeds over 130. Those were not necessarily my best hit or longest drives of the round either. My measuring device was SwingCaddy which records about 3 mph less than the radar devices we received from SuoerSpeed.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Nice one sirchunks!

So I played today at SPCC. It was crowded enough that I could only measure SS on a couple of drives but they were keepers - 94, 91 with both ball speeds over 130. Those were not necessarily my best hit or longest drives of the round either. My measuring device was SwingCaddy which records about 3 mph less than the radar devices we received from SuoerSpeed.

Sounds like some pretty good drives Rev. It's a shame you couldn't measure some of the longer ones, but it sounds like you were killing them.

record breaker.jpg

For those of you who are following along on this thread you may have noticed I was a little bummed with my week 4 results after posting lackluster speeds.  I'm not sure exactly what changed today, but I set three personal records during my first session of Week 5.

The biggest one was a right-handed step-change swing with my green/lightest club.  My previous best (which I thought was a fluke) was 138.  Today I hit 140mph on the radar!  You may say a 2mph gain isn't that big of a deal, but seeing the 130's barrier broken and reaching 140mph has me pretty pumped.  It's been my 4 minute mile ever since I first hit 138 a few weeks ago.  Hopefully it opens the flood gates for additional records.

I'm still holding off on officially testing my driver swing speed until after we're done with the first 6 weeks.  At this point I'm very optimistic about the results.  Can my 104mph previous max increase up to 110?  Time will tell...

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Do you feel like the radar is mandatory to quantify the results? It might be too early to ask this question, but does anyone feel or see a difference on course after these last few weeks of training? I was close to ordering after catching up with the thread, then I realized they hooked you up with the radar for free, and I have no way to see the results without another $100+ hit to my wallet.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

7 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Do you feel like the radar is mandatory to quantify the results? It might be too early to ask this question, but does anyone feel or see a difference on course after these last few weeks of training? I was close to ordering after catching up with the thread, then I realized they hooked you up with the radar for free, and I have no way to see the results without another $100+ hit to my wallet.

I'm not part of the official review, but I'm one of the cheapskates doing the DIY version. This past weekend, I bit the bullet and ordered a used swing radar on eBay (about $85). For my part, I would say there's an immediate difference between actually swinging fast and feeling like I'm swinging fast. I have literally just begun my training, so take what I'm saying with a block of salt. But I suspect that, unless you already have a very well-calibrated feeling of the difference between a well-sequenced swing that gets the speed in the right place (on the one hand) and just a high-effort swing (on the other), the radar is almost essential.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

1 minute ago, mpatrickriley said:

I'm not part of the official review, but I'm one of the cheapskates doing the DIY version. This past weekend, I bit the bullet and ordered a used swing radar on eBay (about $85). For my part, I would say there's an immediate difference between actually swinging fast and feeling like I'm swinging fast. I have literally just begun my training, so take what I'm saying with a block of salt. But I suspect that, unless you already have a very well-calibrated feeling of the difference between a well-sequenced swing that gets the speed in the right place (on the one hand) and just a high-effort swing (on the other), the radar is almost essential.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards it being mandatory. It's hard for me to find used bargains because shipping to the rock is always expensive. Thanks for the insight though

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Yeah, I'm leaning towards it being mandatory. It's hard for me to find used bargains because shipping to the rock is always expensive. Thanks for the insight though

The radar is helpful, but far from mandatory. It was mainly provided to give us data to post in this thread each week. This would have been an extremely boring review if we just gave everyone our starting numbers and then had to wait 6 weeks for the first protocol to end before posting again.

The biggest benefit I've seen is that it challenges me to swing harder each time to set new records. That being said, I think my results would be similar without it as well.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

I'm a believer that the radar is extremely helpful, but not mandatory. I think that it's a great way to see your progress and to motivate you to try harder. Honestly, I love it. I think that without it you could see results on the course and at the range, but I don't think they would be as clear cut.

I apologize as I only answered the radar part. I had seen some sporadic spikes on the range but not on the course until this past Sunday. I was able to measure 2 drives for SS and ball speed. 94,91, 133,130. Average swing speed and ball speed on that device pre SuperSpeed was 88,126. The first measured ball speed over 130 was a week ago Sunday. Overall I seem to be on pace for a 4-5 mph bump in swing speed. My initial goal for level 1 was 5 mph or 93 on my Swingcaddy. That would be around 96 on the radar that we got from SuperSpeed Golf.

The guys that I was playing with noticed how much farther I was hitting the ball. I’m generally longer than one and shorter than the other. I was way longer than the one and much closer to the other - probably averaged longer than him but that’s because he misshits a lot of shots. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

51 minutes ago, revkev said:

I apologize as I only answered the radar part. I had seen some sporadic spikes on the range but not on the course until this past Sunday. I was able to measure 2 drives for SS and ball speed. 94,91, 133,130. Average swing speed and ball speed on that device pre SuperSpeed was 88,126. The first measured ball speed over 130 was a week ago Sunday. Overall I seem to be on pace for a 4-5 mph bump in swing speed. My initial goal for level 1 was 5 mph or 93 on my Swingcaddy. That would be around 96 on the radar that we got from SuperSpeed Golf.

The guys that I was playing with noticed how much farther I was hitting the ball. I’m generally longer than one and shorter than the other. I was way longer than the one and much closer to the other - probably averaged longer than him but that’s because he misshits a lot of shots. :)

This one statement makes me want them even more

Week 4:
I’m a little late on my Week 4 update. Last week was a very long week and my training numbers showed this. For most of my sessions, my speed was nearer my initial week 1 numbers than those of last week and my highest numbers came from the 1st session of the week. I relate this more to my low energy levels during the week than hitting any type of plateau in my speed training. I’m hoping that I can kick it back into gear now that we are getting closer and closer to our first 6 week goal.

SSG - Week4.JPG

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

22 hours ago, yungkory said:

Do you feel like the radar is mandatory to quantify the results? It might be too early to ask this question, but does anyone feel or see a difference on course after these last few weeks of training? I was close to ordering after catching up with

No, the radar is not mandatory, but you need to have some sort of system for tracking. I use the simulator, which is great for my practice, but also keep detailed stats of my rounds. For example, before I had my break thru on the course, my last round I was like 0/8 in hitting fairways with an average distance of around 250. I'm now 6 of my last 7 fairways in my last two rounds with 3 balls over 300 yards. I didn't have one of those all summer. The trick to improvement is tracking---how you track is up to you. 

:mizuno-small: ST 180 Driver & 3W

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 4i-GW

:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges

The same putter I used since I was 12 years old

#TrustTheProcess 

Second session of week 5 in the books and noticeable changes not with my top numbers (I think the 114 was an anomaly - a perfectly timed step change) but with my consistency in being at my top range.

Examples -

1. The dynamic warm up ends with 10 right handed and 10 left handed swings with the red club which is heavier than my driver. On the 10th right handed swing I’m normally in the high 80’s - the club is heavier than my driver and I haven’t started the protocol so a bit slower than driver is about right. Today I was at 98.

2. My first and last swing with the green club were each 109 despite 19 aggressive right handed and 18 left handed in between.

3. All but one of my normal right handed swings were above 100 including my top end normal swing speed with each club.

I may delay my next session to Friday - I can’t do Saturday this week because I’m speaking at a church conference and will be tied up all day. But then again I may do Thursday afternoon and Sunday afternoon to start my new week off.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

19 hours ago, revkev said:

I want to open this by stating clearly that none of what I am about to say is criticism, it's just that this post highlights an interesting part of golf training.

I'm a strong believer in the concept of over-speed training of the form Superspeed uses and I think it's a really good way to build performance, so I really hope these results stick for you guys and you get the gains you both want and we should all expect.

One thing I wanted to pick out from this post, though, is that while I do believe Superspeed is a good idea and would probably work for most people, it's clearly not the only way to gain a performance advantage.

Just looking at the numbers posted there, as the swing gets faster the smash factor is going down. The 88 swing speed, 126 ball speed swing would equate to a smash factor of 1.4318 (extended decimals to make the point rounding wouldn't), the 91/130 would be 1.4286 and the 94/133 would be 1.4149. So, as the swing speed increases, the ball speed does also, but by a decreasing amount.
An "ideal" smash factor for driver is considered to be 1.5, interestingly if we apply that smash factor to the original, slowest swing, we get a ball speed of 132 mph, so an increase of 6 mph clubhead speed has only produced the same result as a perfectly centered strike with the original swing.

Now, if we tied the two together, however, a 1.5 smash factor applied to the "new" swing speed you could see a ball speed of 141 mph, which becomes a huge gain.

Again, apologies to Revkev here, there is no intention of criticism here, I just thought that his post with some numbers attached does a really good job of highlighting the correlation between looking for improvements in swing speed, but also bearing in mind the importance of strong contact.

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

Instagram @makingscratch : https://www.instagram.com/makingscratch/

Twitter @makingscratchUK : https://twitter.com/makingscratchuk

WITB:

• Driver : Ping G400 - Tour65 Stiff 44"
  • Fairway : Taylormade Burner 2.0 15deg - Reax-R
  • Hybrid : Taylormade M2 22deg - Flex-R
  • Irons : 4-6 Srixon Z765, 7-PW Srixon Z965 - Nippon Modus 105 S
  • Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15
    • 56deg Vokey SM5 F-Grind - Nippon ProModus 130 TX
    • 60deg Miura K-Grind - TT DG Spinner
  • Putter : Evnroll ER2
  • Ball : Vice Pro Plus

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

4 hours ago, Jon Brittan said:

Just looking at the numbers posted there, as the swing gets faster the smash factor is going down. The 88 swing speed, 126 ball speed swing would equate to a smash factor of 1.4318 (extended decimals to make the point rounding wouldn't), the 91/130 would be 1.4286 and the 94/133 would be 1.4149. So, as the swing speed increases, the ball speed does also, but by a decreasing amount.
An "ideal" smash factor for driver is considered to be 1.5, interestingly if we apply that smash factor to the original, slowest swing, we get a ball speed of 132 mph, so an increase of 6 mph clubhead speed has only produced the same result as a perfectly centered strike with the original swing.

Now, if we tied the two together, however, a 1.5 smash factor applied to the "new" swing speed you could see a ball speed of 141 mph, which becomes a huge gain.

Jon, I think this is a really helpful post. As one who 1) struggles mightily to find the center of the face with a driver and also 2) is doing a version of the SuperSpeed training, I definitely agree that pursuing distance gains through better strike (not just speed) is really important.

My question (and it would be great to have an answer from SuperSpeed here) is whether there is a typical pattern here. My hunch is that while doing the SuperSpeed program, golfers tend to follow the progression you've noted here: increase in swing speed with a decrease in smash factor. The question is whether, after a period of time adjusting to the new speed, the golfers tend to re-locate the center of the swing and end up pairing the new speed with the more consistent strike.

Is there anyone who's been doing the program for a while who can comment on this? Or could someone from MGS reach out to SuperSpeed for their studies on this?

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

On 10/29/2018 at 12:21 PM, yungkory said:

Sorry for being late to this discussion.  My view is a little different than the others.  I do feel that a radar is mandatory.  While I think that people would see a benefit with just the SuperSpeed clubs following the Protocol, the radar gives you immediate information about your swing performance.  I agree with @revkev that you get a feeling for the speed when doing the 10 swings with the heavy club at the end of the warmup.  I try to make my first swing at 50% of my max with that club, and then make each swing just a little faster, with the last swing as fast as I can.  I don't think that's possible without the radar.

I have also seen a lot of variation in swing speed with all training clubs when I make my 3 swings both right and left-handed.  What's interesting is that I will make a swing and think "that felt good" and then look at the radar and it was slower than the last swing!  WTH!  Another swing feels like less effort, but it was the fastest one yet!!  I believe that I will tend to feel what creates the fastest swings only with the radar.  

This test of the SuperSpeed Golf clubs is not a test of the radar unit that SuperSpeed sent us.  They do not make it; just resell it.  Any radar unit should work, but without one I think it's impossible to track progress with each training club, except by measuring the cumulative effects with your driver.  I have not measured my driver speed since I started the Protocol.  I hope I'm pleasantly surprised in two weeks!!

As for on course performance...  I have not seen the gains that others have seen.  Mostly, I think, because I have become extremely wild off the tee.  I was generally a straight hitter; not missing many fairways.  Now, I am not hitting fairways with most misses to the right; pushes, not slices.  I can't seem to sequence correctly to get the club face square at impact.  If I focus on squaring the club, I get a duck hook.  My scores have gone up 4-6 shots per round.  I had a reasonable round of 79 on Monday where I missed only 3 fairways, but I purposely slowed my swing and the distances were about normal for me before I started the Protocol.  I would like to think that as I get used to the faster swing speed, my sequencing will get better and I will see a more controlled swing with longer drives, but it's not there now.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I want to open this by stating clearly that none of what I am about to say is criticism, it's just that this post highlights an interesting part of golf training.
I'm a strong believer in the concept of over-speed training of the form Superspeed uses and I think it's a really good way to build performance, so I really hope these results stick for you guys and you get the gains you both want and we should all expect.
One thing I wanted to pick out from this post, though, is that while I do believe Superspeed is a good idea and would probably work for most people, it's clearly not the only way to gain a performance advantage.

Again, apologies to Revkev here, there is no intention of criticism here, I just thought that his post with some numbers attached does a really good job of highlighting the correlation between looking for improvements in swing speed, but also bearing in mind the importance of strong contact.

No offense taken and a very good point. I’ve always planned on taking a lesson some time after the initial 6 weeks. My first couple of weeks I was all over the place with my ball striking. It’s improved significantly the past two weeks - also keep in mind that the sample size for the 88 mph as was much great (10 shots) than the 91 or 94 - 1 shot. Whose to say I didn’t get the worst shot of the day in both of those cases.

I did shoot 72,76 in those rounds and have little doubt that the increased distance which led to short shots into the green was the primary contributing factor to those scores. Interestingly I hit 10 greens both rounds. I had three wild drives that caused missed greens in spots that made up bad down impossible in the 76 and I made a long putt in the 72.

That was the difference

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

1 hour ago, revkev said:

My first couple of weeks I was all over the place with my ball striking. It’s improved significantly the past two weeks - 

I was a little slower than the rest of you to pick up speed with the SuperSpeed clubs.  Maybe it will also take longer for me to improve ball striking.  After all, I am 10 years older than you!!  Older brains take longer to send signals to muscles, and older muscles take longer to wake up!!

Wait!!  Maybe I have this brain...

AB Normal.jpg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

11 hours ago, Jon Brittan said:

Just looking at the numbers posted there, as the swing gets faster the smash factor is going down.

This is intuitive, in my opinion. I don't think SS is advertising an immediate increase in how fast you swing the club and how precise you make contact. It's about learning to swing harder and then learning to control it. 

I don't put smash factor into my posts but the data is there. 

8/8 Sample Test: 116.1 MPH, 167.54 ball speed = 1.443 Smash Factor

From my 10/18 post: 120.38 MPH, 174.5 ball speed = 1.449 Smash

#TrustTheProcess 

6 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I have also seen a lot of variation in swing speed with all training clubs when I make my 3 swings both right and left-handed.  What's interesting is that I will make a swing and think "that felt good" and then look at the radar and it was slower than the last swing!  WTH!  Another swing feels like less effort, but it was the fastest one yet!!  I believe that I will tend to feel what creates the fastest swings only with the radar.  

This test of the SuperSpeed Golf clubs is not a test of the radar unit that SuperSpeed sent us.  They do not make it; just resell it.  Any radar unit should work, but without one I think it's impossible to track progress with each training club, except by measuring the cumulative effects with your driver.  I have not measured my driver speed since I started the Protocol.  I hope I'm pleasantly surprised in two weeks!!

As for on course performance...  I have not seen the gains that others have seen.  Mostly, I think, because I have become extremely wild off the tee.  I was generally a straight hitter; not missing many fairways.  Now, I am not hitting fairways with most misses to the right; pushes, not slices.  I can't seem to sequence correctly to get the club face square at impact.  If I focus on squaring the club, I get a duck hook.  My scores have gone up 4-6 shots per round.  I had a reasonable round of 79 on Monday where I missed only 3 fairways, but I purposely slowed my swing and the distances were about normal for me before I started the Protocol.  I would like to think that as I get used to the faster swing speed, my sequencing will get better and I will see a more controlled swing with longer drives, but it's not there now.  

I'm going to echo what Kenny said about seeing a lot of variation in speed with my swings.  There's not, what I would call, a steady progression.  Mostly, I've been trying to gauge results based upon my final set of normal swings with the lightest club.

However.... I'm beginning to develop a hypothesis about the benefit of the program.   Four weeks in, I'm thinking that those who will see improvements in their actual game, will be those of a lower handicap who are accustomed to hitting the ball squarely and consistently.  For higher handicappers, such as myself, it's not so much speed that is going to help me as it will be hitting the ball flush.  And, like Kenny said, for me that means a more controlled, tempoed swing.

Right now, I feel like I'm just flailing away with the SuperSpeed clubs with only 'speed' in mind.  I have no idea if my swing resembles anything close to playable swing.  And, in all likelihood, I've already played my final round of the season here in the upper Midwest.  I'll have to wait until Spring before I can see if it's increased my length off the tee.

I've been a Lutheran pastor for almost 40 years.

4 hours ago, Calypso55 said:

I'm going to echo what Kenny said about seeing a lot of variation in speed with my swings.  There's not, what I would call, a steady progression.  Mostly, I've been trying to gauge results based upon my final set of normal swings with the lightest club.

However.... I'm beginning to develop a hypothesis about the benefit of the program.   Four weeks in, I'm thinking that those who will see improvements in their actual game, will be those of a lower handicap who are accustomed to hitting the ball squarely and consistently.  For higher handicappers, such as myself, it's not so much speed that is going to help me as it will be hitting the ball flush.  And, like Kenny said, for me that means a more controlled, tempoed swing.

Right now, I feel like I'm just flailing away with the SuperSpeed clubs with only 'speed' in mind.  I have no idea if my swing resembles anything close to playable swing.  And, in all likelihood, I've already played my final round of the season here in the upper Midwest.  I'll have to wait until Spring before I can see if it's increased my length off the tee.

Actually, I think this is a great time to be doing the SuperSpeed training.  If you dedicate the next several months to training without playing golf, I think you will be better off than if you trained and played golf on your off days like I am.  

I know my swing speed has increased; there is a definite trend in the data I record.  I haven't seen a driver distance correlation on the course because of my inconsistency.  However, I do feel like I am swinging the SuperSpeed clubs with more control than when I started.  Remember this is Protocol 1 and there are 67 more weeks to complete the 5 Protocols, if we last that long!!  I think the longer we do this, the more the faster swings will feel natural and control will come.  At least that's what I'm counting on.  

On 10/28/2018 at 3:59 PM, sirchunksalot said:

Because you asked, here's a video of my left handed swing. I'll apologize for the fact that the camerawork isn't that great since I was doing it on a tripod. I'm using the green stick, it's the light one but my medium weight, I have the senior set.

View at your own risk.

sir chunkalot  

interesting accent. what state are you from?

Also. if that is your left handed swing, then WTF are you doing playing right handed?

😋

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

On 10/29/2018 at 1:31 PM, mpatrickriley said:

about the radar being mandi tory, it would seem that one would need it to  quantify the results.  

sorry for the slow responses guys.

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

sir chunkalot  
interesting accent. what state are you from?
Also. if that is your left handed swing, then WTF are you doing playing right handed?

I've been toying with the notion of buying a cheap left handed driver just to see how I would hit it, I think it might be interesting....or dangerous. I would definitely make sure no ones around at the range because I wouldn't want to hit them.

Tennessee.

10 hours ago, Har in the Hat said:

sir chunkalot  

😋

I have wondered why I don't change to left-handed myself, but then I read the posts in the Lefty thread.  Not much club selection.

This year I have been re-working my swing (long story, maybe I'll write about it someday).  I've been focusing on my left side pulling from the top of my backswing because until this year, my left side has been totally worthless.  It's helped.

I started using the Skilz Gold Flex, swinging both left and right handed several months ago.  I asked Daisy at SuperSpeed Golf if I should continue to use it along with their training clubs and she said sure.  When I swing it left handed, my swing is a little more uncoordinated but it's getting better, and I feel a more powerful downswing than when I swing with my dominant right side.  It's just a little slower.

When I started the SuperSpeed training, the speed swinging left handed was of course slower than right handed... but not by a lot.  As my speed increased, it did so both right and left handed.  I am starting to feel more comfortable swinging the training clubs left handed.  

Yesterday was my second session for this 5th week of training, and the Green club (my middle weight club) maximum swing speed was 98 mph both right and left handed using the Normal swing (not Step Change).  Maybe it was a fluke.  For the other clubs I still have a 7-10 mph difference between right and left.

I have wondered why I don't change to left-handed myself, but then I read the posts in the Lefty thread.  Not much club selection.
This year I have been re-working my swing (long story, maybe I'll write about it someday).  I've been focusing on my left side pulling from the top of my backswing because until this year, my left side has been totally worthless.  It's helped.
I started using the Skilz Gold Flex, swinging both left and right handed several months ago.  I asked Daisy at SuperSpeed Golf if I should continue to use it along with their training clubs and she said sure.  When I swing it left handed, my swing is a little more uncoordinated but it's getting better, and I feel a more powerful downswing than when I swing with my dominant right side.  It's just a little slower.
When I started the SuperSpeed training, the speed swinging left handed was of course slower than right handed... but not by a lot.  As my speed increased, it did so both right and left handed.  I am starting to feel more comfortable swinging the training clubs left handed.  
Yesterday was my second session for this 5th week of training, and the Green club (my middle weight club) maximum swing speed was 98 mph both right and left handed using the Normal swing (not Step Change).  Maybe it was a fluke.  For the other clubs I still have a 7-10 mph difference between right and left.
I had a similar experience Tuesday while doing the regular swing with my heaviest club (blue). I was actually faster left handed by an average of over 2 mph.

Halloween Update (Swing speed MPH; all speeds taken from the same exact simulator)

8-Aug 17-Oct 31-Oct
Average 115.9 120.2 121.9
Median 116.2 121.5 123.0

Some more detail: 

8-Aug 17-Oct 31-Oct
118.45 123.89 125.09
117.07 122.39 124.76
116.8 122.22 124.68
116.7 122.21 124.58
116.55 121.69 124.53
116.51 121.63 124.33
116.38 121.58 123.16
116.37 121.54 123.03
116.28 121.53 122.92
116.05 121.49 122
115.96 120.41 121.35
115.58 120.39 121.13
115.37 119.47 120.47
115.04 119.42 120.1
114.82 119.24 117.13
114.44 117.8 111.6
114.21 114.2  
114.15 112.39  

Takeaways: Over the six week period from 8/8 to 10/17 I increased both my average and median swing speed by roughly 5 MPH. My slowest non-mishits of the 10/17 sample went further than my hardest hits of the original sample. I was thrilled with those results but was expecting to hit the plateau with most of my shots coming off around 122 MPH. Unexpectedly, and fortunately, the plateau is yet to hit. Last night my first swing was a career long 329 yard bomb that carried 324.6 yards, coming off the club head at 185 MPH with a club speed of 124.53. Woah. Was that an outlier? Nope. I only crossed 122.5 one time in the prior two sample sets. Last night over half of my swings were over 122.5, the median was 123 and if you call the 111.6 MPH a miss-hit and eliminate it from the data it would bump the average to 122.6. Before last night, I never hit the 124 mark... I crossed that barrier 6 of my 16 swings. 

I'll be down in Florida this weekend and have three rounds lined up. Really interested to see what the accuracy is looking like out on the course. I was about 30% fairway percentage throughout the summer and am coming off 6/7 fairways in my last round (25% of my drives this summer were OB). I think a reasonable goal for myself is 42% of fairways (would be 6 of 14) with a max of one penalty per round. If I'm keeping the ball in bounds and making good contact I should have a ton of wedges into the greens. Cant wait!!! Looking forward to giving y'all the update by next weekend! 

#TrustTheProcess 

@SGold7 where in Florida?  Are you here often? 

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to put week 5 in the books this afternoon so that I can hit balls tomorrow - I only have free time in the morning - its the old 7 day work week for me - in fact my next day off will be the 6th.  I should also be off on the 9th so I will play then.  I hate having to go nearly two weeks without playing but it gets very busy for me at this time of the year work wise.  And now it's tough to play after church on Sunday because of the time change. :(

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches