Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

13 hours ago, mpatrickriley said:

Any thoughts on this? I know a couple guys have already joked on here about switching to left-handed. That's not something I'm really interested in pursuing. But this bugs me.

Two theories: one mental, the other mechanical. The mental one is that I have built a right-handed swing that won't let me swing without inhibitions. It's built for control (though it's not always even good at that). And so I can't make the adjustment necessary for a loose, fluid swing.

The second is mechanical: I think I have a better natural wrist set left-handed, in part because it just happens.

Anyone else have any guesses? I suppose swing videos might be in order here.

6 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Of course, I'm just guessing, and you should have a pro look at your swing, but since you asked for a guess...

I'm thinking your right handed swing comes down from the top starting with the right arm... casting, losing all of your lag early.  It's a swing that feels powerful to you, but it's not.

As you're already aware, this is going to be entirely guessing for anyone, especially without seeing any videos, but even then. However, if you could do some swing videos it would help with the diagnosis.

I think Kenny has it, though. It's mostly psychological. Being right-handed (I presume) you know what feels powerful but that is not necessarily the same thing as fast, as such you are using your muscles to "hit" the ball rather than to swing quickly through the ball and you do this subconsciously on your right-hand side as that's how you do all of your power moves.
On your left hand side you're far less focused on generating "power" and just focusing on keeping some semblance of shape and speed in your swing, so you'll probably find your wrists and whole body shape work more smoothly and fluidly for generating clubhead speed.

One thing you could try is two exercises, which we'll then combine into part 3
1. Start with a club in your hands and just hinge it left and right with your arms remaining straight down in front of you, trying to bring the club almost vertical to each side with you arms remaining stationary and only your wrists moving. Progress this into gentle backwards and forwards swings starting with a really small swing but feeling like the club moves evenly forwards and back as you trace your arc, we'll let the club get in front of your hands as soon as you're past the centre of the swing for now. Build up to a three quarter swing where the club is going back and your wrists with it, then down and "whipping" through at the bottom in an even arc. Just get the feel of the "whip" in the club as it comes through.
2. Hold the club in front of you horizontally, imagine you've got a golf ball on a tee that brings it up to chest height, start slowly but swing at it like you would a baseball, drawing back and transferring your weight properly, then rotating your body and swinging the club through the imaginary ball to a finish. On a horizontal plane find the motion that allows you to continually accelerate the club well past the point where the ball would be, not stop your acceleration at it.
3. Find a wall and set up with your "front" shoulder pointing towards the wall. You want to stand far enough from the wall that if you "post" onto your front leg and reach with your club towards the wall you have maybe 2" between the club head and the wall. Start making gentle swings but your target is to always finish with your club head that 2" from the wall, feel like your entire aim is to almost be pushing your club as a pointer towards where you would want the ball to have gone. Combine the feeling of the first two drills into making your swing about going "through" the ball not "into" it and fully extending the club to point down your imaginary fairway.

As has been mentioned, it's almost certainly an issue of lag and focusing on hitting the ball not swinging fast. You need to eliminate the concept of hitting a ball from your mind for now and just focus on moving the club quickly through the whole arc of the swing with peak speed coming after what would be the point of contact anyway.
Golf is, in reality, not about hitting the ball, it's about swinging the club and the fact that the ball gets in the way of the arc becomes incidental.

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

Instagram @makingscratch : https://www.instagram.com/makingscratch/

Twitter @makingscratchUK : https://twitter.com/makingscratchuk

WITB:

• Driver : Ping G400 - Tour65 Stiff 44"
  • Fairway : Taylormade Burner 2.0 15deg - Reax-R
  • Hybrid : Taylormade M2 22deg - Flex-R
  • Irons : 4-6 Srixon Z765, 7-PW Srixon Z965 - Nippon Modus 105 S
  • Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15
    • 56deg Vokey SM5 F-Grind - Nippon ProModus 130 TX
    • 60deg Miura K-Grind - TT DG Spinner
  • Putter : Evnroll ER2
  • Ball : Vice Pro Plus

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

15 hours ago, 02uwmadgrad said:

Really hard to say without seeing videos.  It's most likely a swing issue, but it could also have something to do with your homemade sticks.  I've had some swings where the red club gets close to green and blue, but I don't think you should ever have the fastest averages with your heaviest club like your 10/31 results.

I'm definitely open to the possibility that there is something off with the sticks I built; I'm no engineer. That said, the blue and red are within a gram of the posted specs for the SuperSpeed clubs, and the green is lighter by a few grams. If the issue is with the sticks, it would make sense if there was a greater discrepancy between light and heavy, rather than having them clustered.

On the whole, I think the issue is more technique than club build. Two reasons: 1) even taking the average of the five sessions that I've done, the numbers start correlating with the weights, and 2) I have enormous fluctuations in speed between swings, even in the same set. That is certainly going to throw off the averages for any one day.

That said, I do appreciate the suggestion, and I'll keep on eye on any further evidence that something is amiss there.

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Of course, I'm just guessing, and you should have a pro look at your swing, but since you asked for a guess...

I'm thinking your right handed swing comes down from the top starting with the right arm... casting, losing all of your lag early.  It's a swing that feels powerful to you, but it's not.  I know, I had that swing, and I have been working this year to keep the lag, pulling from my left side.  When you make a left handed swing, your left side, being weak, doesn't do that and your strong right side pulls the club, thus maintaining lag longer.  I'm still working on it, but when I swing left handed, I can tell that it's a better swing; just uncoordinated at this point.  My left handed swings are less than my right handed swings, but I have had a couple where they have been equal.

If you make a video of your right handed swing using both arms, compare the amount of lag when the club is parallel to the ground on the downswing to a complete swing made using just your left arm.  You will be amazed.  I can't get there yet, but I'm trying.  If I knew what I know now about my swing, I would have started playing golf left handed 26 years ago, and I think I would be a better player today.

5 hours ago, Jon Brittan said:

As you're already aware, this is going to be entirely guessing for anyone, especially without seeing any videos, but even then. However, if you could do some swing videos it would help with the diagnosis.

I think Kenny has it, though. It's mostly psychological. Being right-handed (I presume) you know what feels powerful but that is not necessarily the same thing as fast, as such you are using your muscles to "hit" the ball rather than to swing quickly through the ball and you do this subconsciously on your right-hand side as that's how you do all of your power moves.

I'm really grateful for the thoughtful and extensive replies here. (This is the world's best golf forum.)

I'll aim to shoot some video the next chance I get. I recently upgraded phones, but unfortunately the new phone's slomo camera is not as good. I'll do my best to get useful footage. For now, here's a swing I posted for the G700 review:

On the whole, I'm inclined to think that the technique suggestions you guys have offered are the right answer. It is why, earlier in this thread, I indicated that (at least for me), the radar is almost a must have for this training. It seems to me that the SuperSpeed training is going to be effective for three reasons:

• Just swinging the clubs on a training schedule is going to have reasonable golf fitness results for a lot of people. There are lots of golfers, for instance, who if they just spent 15 minutes every few days swinging anything would have speed improvements.
  • The overspeed training itself (swinging the light stick) is going to have its effect.
  • Having the immediate feedback of the radar is important for teaching the difference between effort and speed.

My hunch is that, for me, the last of these three is likely to be the most important. I've hit speeds of 120+ with the green stick on multiple swings, and even once with the blue (left-handed, of course 🙂). So I know that I'm physically capable of those speeds. The regular training with overspeed should help. But learning the feel of fast is going to be the key for me, I think.

@Jon Brittan, thanks for the drill suggestions. I'll give those a try. My next SuperSpeed session is tomorrow; I'll hope to get video up sometime in the afternoon.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Oh gosh - please be careful about taking actual swing advice from this group. We used to have an ask the pro section but he left us for his own stuff. So while there are certainly some fine and knowledgable players in our midst take the advice that you receive with a grain of salt.

I agree with the general theory that you are most likely trying to make a Swing right handed while going all out aggressive left. Be aggressive, done worry about your swing, you’re training your brain to feel what it’s like when you swing faster. You will be all over the map SS wise. After a while your brain will sort out what works for increased speed and you will find yourself getting more consistent.

In some ways I think that the guys who aren’t playing have it easier because they don’t have to worry about hitting shots for months.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

12 minutes ago, revkev said:

Oh gosh - please be careful about taking actual swing advice from this group. We used to have an ask the pro section but he left us for his own stuff. So while there are certainly some fine and knowledgable players in our midst take the advice that you receive with a grain of salt.

Ha ha, yes.

As one of those people who is happy to give advice, I agree with this entirely. I'll always try to give suggestions as to things that have worked for me, but.....

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

6 minutes ago, revkev said:

I agree with the general theory that you are most likely trying to make a Swing right handed while going all out aggressive left. Be aggressive, done worry about your swing, you’re training your brain to feel what it’s like when you swing faster. You will be all over the map SS wise. After a while your brain will sort out what works for increased speed and you will find yourself getting more consistent.

In some ways I think that the guys who aren’t playing have it easier because they don’t have to worry about hitting shots for months.

Absolutely. Ultimately, I'd love to have lessons and a coach, but that isn't going to happen right now. I've had a lesson with a local pro, but he's a hour away. I like him a lot, and I'm eventually hoping that he'll be my son's coach. But as for me, I'm probably going to continue to cobble together a game by hunting and gathering 🙂

That said, in addition to the SuperSpeed training and getting back into working out, I'm also working through Adam Young's The Strike Plan this offseason. If all goes well, when the snow melts in six months (we're getting 6–12 inches tomorrow), I should be ready to go 🙂

Full WITB with pictures

Just got back from Florida and got those two rounds in. There were positives and negatives. The courses were definetely tight and relatively short. They weren't ideal for me to bomb driver on every hole---so much damn water. So, naturally, I bombed driver on every hole, lol. 

First round: 15 drives, 7 OB, 5 were gorgeous 300-plus-yard baby cuts. All I wanted was one of these and I hit 4. So forget my 100, forget the 7 that went OB (a few were good but just misaligned), I was happy. I'm 5'11.5 and when someone asks how tall I am I say 5'11---no need to exagerate. I used to say I drive the ball about 280 on average---now I can say, with confidence, that I am a legitimate 300-yard driver. Now... we just need to figure out how to hit it a bit straighter (though 5/15, or 33%, is better than the 25% I was at over the course of the season). 

Round 2: 7 drives, 3 OB, 2 bombs. I was a bit more tactical here, trying to score, where round one was just about wacking it. 

Shot of the long-weekend: 400-yard dog leg right par-4 with water to the right. I aim straight down the fairway, hoping the natural ball flight will cut it right down the dogleg. Unfortunately I started it right---but it didn't have cut on it, it just went straight. It had to carry about 285 to clear the water and another 15 yards to clear the bunker. It carried, got the nice bounce & roll after the bunker and my approach was 40 yards to the green with the pin in front. I was a bit short with my approach, tried to finesse it a bit but got up and down for par. Nothing cooler than hoping you carry the water/bunker and then you see that gorgeous bounce beyond! 

:mizuno-small: ST 180 Driver & 3W

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 4i-GW

:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges

The same putter I used since I was 12 years old

#TrustTheProcess 

Week 6 Official Check in

This is it boys the end of what will be Superspeed Golf’s level one. Our stage one reviews won’t come until the end of Superspeed’s level 2 which is when they say we will have experienced the majority of our SS gain.

This was a very tough work week for me so I had to adjust my schedule from Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday to Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday with a very early Tuesday workout so that I could play golf Tuesday afternoon.

Still the numbers came out okay - especially today when I had 4 swings at 110 righty and my highest ever lefty at 109 on a step through.

IMG_1430.JPG

Here are the top numbers:

Righty - Green 110 Blue 106 Red 101
Lefty - Green 109 Blue 98 Red 93

I did get a driver average on the course of 95 on Tuesday. I’m not calling that one official though. First it was the afternoon of a workout and second my original SS of 91 came on the range, not the course. I want to hit the range Saturday to see if I can get an apples to apples average.

One last thing as we move to the next level. Lots of the SuperSpeed theory comes from baseball. As an old catcher who would occasionally pitch and certainly knows tons about pitching I realized that the step change move is like pitching from the stretch. When I asked Daisy about that she said yes, speed is all about using the ground!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Just finished up the training for week 6 and the first protocol. Looking at the numbers, I noticed that they have been pretty consistent the last couple of weeks. Overall, I did hit a high of 114 and have hit 112 the last two weeks.

I'm hoping to be able to get to the driving range on Saturday to get my stage 1 final swing speed and be able to give some initial thoughts on the program so far.

Here are my final numbers from week 6:
20181108_193155.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

3 hours ago, Calypso55 said:

Heading outside to do my protocols this mornings, and.............

IMG_1429.JPG

There's plenty of ground you're not going to lose your footing on there, I see no problems....

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

OK, gentlemen: I'm open for critique. As mentioned, the slo-mo setting on my current phone is pretty mediocre. But YouTube lets you change the playback speed setting, and at .25 speed, I think it's possible to pick up some differences.

Here's a righthanded swing:

And here's from the left:

Both of these are done without much by way of warm-up; I wouldn't consider either one necessarily a full-out swing. In fact, I'm wearing boots while swinging 🙂

But they're good representations, I think, of what you'd get if you asked me to show you a swing right handed and then left handed.

Thoughts?

Full WITB with pictures

1 hour ago, mpatrickriley said:

Both of these are done without much by way of warm-up; I wouldn't consider either one necessarily a full-out swing. In fact, I'm wearing boots while swinging 🙂

But they're good representations, I think, of what you'd get if you asked me to show you a swing right handed and then left handed.

Thoughts?

Have you always moved your entire head with your backswing like you do in the first video?  The left-handed swing looks a lot more natural and your head is pretty still.  Wish I could give you some grand advice; but I am not a swing doctor, I do not play one on TV, and it's been years since I've stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. 

To relate this back to the SuperSpeed testing program, the team at SS has been great with giving us feedback and advice on achieving our maximum speeds.  They said that anyone that purchases the program through them can get the same level of service.  Guess that's a big plus 1 for buying directly through them.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

43 minutes ago, 02uwmadgrad said:

Have you always moved your entire head with your backswing like you do in the first video?  The left-handed swing looks a lot more natural and your head is pretty still.  Wish I could give you some grand advice; but I am not a swing doctor, I do not play one on TV, and it's been years since I've stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. 

To relate this back to the SuperSpeed testing program, the team at SS has been great with giving us feedback and advice on achieving our maximum speeds.  They said that anyone that purchases the program through them can get the same level of service.  Guess that's a big plus 1 for buying directly through them.

Nope, that's not something I would do if I had to hit a ball. One thing I'm working to ingrain right now, especially with my right-hand swing, is an actual wrist set in the backswing. For me, the feel is something very Furyk-like; on that swing, I'm just watching to see if I'm doing what I want.

Here's a bit of information I just looked up: you can step frame-by-frame through a YouTube video using the comma and period keys! I find this really helpful for something like this.

One thing I noticed comparing the swings side-by-side: at the impact position, my hips and shoulders are considerably more open to the target in my left-hand swing. Lends credence to the idea that because the right is my stronger side, but arms and hands are taking over before the body.

Here's a series of screen captures from the videos:

sequence.jpg

The top frame in both is the last frame before the swing starts down. You can see with my left-hand swing, my lead arm collapses entirely, so that my backswing is way past parallel.

Your comment about getting feedback from the SuperSpeed team is really good; that's a very meaningful tradeoff when going the DIY route. I can definitely see that being worth a premium over the clubs themselves.

Full WITB with pictures

Nope, that's not something I would do if I had to hit a ball. One thing I'm working to ingrain right now, especially with my right-hand swing, is an actual wrist set in the backswing. For me, the feel is something very Furyk-like; on that swing, I'm just watching to see if I'm doing what I want.

Here's a bit of information I just looked up: you can step frame-by-frame through a YouTube video using the comma and period keys! I find this really helpful for something like this.

One thing I noticed comparing the swings side-by-side: at the impact position, my hips and shoulders are considerably more open to the target in my left-hand swing. Lends credence to the idea that because the right is my stronger side, but arms and hands are taking over before the body.

Here's a series of screen captures from the videos:

sequence.thumb.jpg.c088e3d66212844712db396f45354271.jpg

The top frame in both is the last frame before the swing starts down. You can see with my left-hand swing, my lead arm collapses entirely, so that my backswing is way past parallel.

Your comment about getting feedback from the SuperSpeed team is really good; that's a very meaningful tradeoff when going the DIY route. I can definitely see that being worth a premium over the clubs themselves.

I think it’s a riot that you made these in church. I had my driver in chapel today for an illustration - things that grandparents enjoy doing.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I think it’s a riot that you made these in church. I had my driver in chapel today for an illustration - things that grandparents enjoy doing.

One of the perks of a very small church in which I'm the only employee: I have the building pretty much to myself during the week.

Full WITB with pictures

Well, I completed the final session of the SuperSpeed Golf Protocol 1 today.  Lovely day!!  Cloudy and 36º at noon after an overnight low of 26º.   The chart below shows the highest speeds I recorded for each club, both right and left handed, over the 6 weeks of Protocol 1. I didn't gain a lot of speed with each club, and there is not a lot of difference between the different weighted clubs.  Remember, I have the Senior set of SuperSpeed training clubs, which means I have a Yellow club which is lighter than the Green club which is the lightest club in the Men's set.  My heavy club is Blue, which is the middle weight club in the Men's set.  All of these clubs are lighter than my driver.  The Blue club is 27 grams lighter than my driver.

image.png

HOWEVER, at the start of Protocol 1 my driver swing speed was 83 mph measured by the radar unit provided by SuperSpeed Golf.  I measured my driver swing speed in the same manner as I measured the speeds in the above table.  I have not measured my driver swing speed since I started Protocol 1.  After I completed this last session of Protocol 1, I measured my driver swing speed again...  93 mph, a 12% gain.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10 hours ago, mpatrickriley said:

OK, gentlemen: I'm open for critique. As mentioned, the slo-mo setting on my current phone is pretty mediocre. But YouTube lets you change the playback speed setting, and at .25 speed, I think it's possible to pick up some differences.

Here's a righthanded swing:

And here's from the left:

Thoughts?

Both swings are good.  A lot better than mine, so I doubt I should comment.  The original question was why was your left handed swing faster than your right handed swing, since you are right handed.  

One difference I see is that you begin your wrist set earlier right handed than you do left handed.  An early wrist set usually means an early release in the downswing.  It's not much, but the whoosh sounds like it comes a little before the bottom of the arc.  I like the left handed sequence better.  Just my 2 cents

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

50 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Well, I completed the final session of the SuperSpeed Golf Protocol 1 today.  Lovely day!!  Cloudy and 36º at noon after an overnight low of 26º.   The chart below shows the highest speeds I recorded for each club, both right and left handed, over the 6 weeks of Protocol 1. I didn't gain a lot of speed with each club, and there is not a lot of difference between the different weighted clubs.  Remember, I have the Senior set of SuperSpeed training clubs, which means I have a Yellow club which is lighter than the Green club which is the lightest club in the Men's set.  My heavy club is Blue, which is the middle weight club in the Men's set.  All of these clubs are lighter than my driver.  The Blue club is 27 grams lighter than my driver.

image.png

HOWEVER, at the start of Protocol 1 my driver swing speed was 83 mph measured by the radar unit provided by SuperSpeed Golf.  I measured my driver swing speed in the same manner as I measured the speeds in the above table.  I have not measured my driver swing speed since I started Protocol 1.  After I completed this last session of Protocol 1, I measured my driver swing speed again...  93 mph, a 12% gain.  

12% is huge! That is great!

For those of you that do the protocol outside, does the colder weather effect your swing speed at all? Is the dynamic warmup effective enough that the weather isn't a factor?  I am just curious because a very small change in environmental factor could cause a large change in Swing Speed. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

40 minutes ago, GB13 said:

For those of you that do the protocol outside, does the colder weather effect your swing speed at all? Is the dynamic warmup effective enough that the weather isn't a factor?  I am just curious because a very small change in environmental factor could cause a large change in Swing Speed. 

Thanks!  I'm a little surprised, since I haven't been checking my driver speed over the past 6 weeks.  I've been tempted to measure it each week, but I wanted to wait.  Long way to go!!

I have been doing the protocol outside.  Temps have ranged from 65º to 36º today.  I really didn't notice any differences.  Last week we had a bunch of wind 20-30mph with higher gusts.  I have been doing the protocol in my backyard, sheltered from most of the wind by shrubs, but I had a couple of my slower days then.  

I like the dynamic warmup.  It seems to be an effective routine to stretch out from legs to shoulders in a relatively short period of time.  One day I made a few swings prior to the warmup, and the speed was about 10mph less than I achieved after the warmup.  

MPR with the church swings 😂😂 that is too good.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

image.png.094556c676e3e2222a6fa8470ec9cad4.png
Kenny, that is awesome! I was expecting to see good jumps out of our group, but a twelve percent increase, that's incredible.

It's 6 a.m. here and 35 degrees outside and you've got me wanting to go and check mine NOW.

Keep up the good work.

Kenny - that’s an incredible result!!! Way to go.

You also illustrated a great point, namely that course conditions and weather can greatly influence driving distances.

Check the average driving distances on tour. You will find a 30 yard difference between the John Deer and Valspar. There have been years when no one averaged 300 at Valspar and I don’t recall a year where 5 guys in the field did.

So your driver SS could increase over six weeks but conditions may hide that increase. That’s part of why it’s important to have a SS measuring device.

I’m about to do my first protocol of level 2. Should be funny

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

So far the biggest factor I've seen with the cooler weather and swing speed is the amount of clothing I wear and how it affects how I turn. Thursday night I did my training and noticed a drop off in speed due to the fact I was wearing a UA Storm hoodie that's more restrictive than I usually wear. It had been rainy that day and it was my best choice for being outside.

Usually, when I play in colder weather I'll use lighter layers that allow me to move better. I'll find out today as I'm going to the range to measure my SS and the high here is only supposed to hit 45.

First level 2 workout is in the books. This new protocol adds three swings kneeling, dominant and non dominant side with each colored stick in the set.

I will be anxious to hear thoughts and results from our other testers. For me it took a few swings to get into the rhythm so I was actually faster with the blue and red sticks than the green. Also I was much slower on the step changes and my last three swings, the drills performed post kneeling, than I have been.

A pattern has emerged where I am faster in the afternoon than in the morning but the speed reduction post kneeling today was far greater than that.

I had the sessions down to 18 minutes. Today’s took 24. That will get quicker as I become more accustomed to the kneeling swings.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

First great job U2!

Second, did you compare trackman to the radar? I did my initial SS on both Swingcaddy and the radar. The radar is faster but also far less consistent. I have also compared Swingcaddy to trackman and they were within 1 mph of one another always and often identical. Obviously trackman spits way more data.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

First great job U2!

Second, did you compare trackman to the radar? I did my initial SS on both Swingcaddy and the radar. The radar is faster but also far less consistent. I have also compared Swingcaddy to trackman and they were within 1 mph of one another always and often identical. Obviously trackman spits way more data.

I did look at a few shots on both. The Swingspeed radar seemed to be higher than the Trackman on every shot. I made sure it wasn't picking up the ball speed as I placed it a few inches behind the ball and angled back at 45 degrees.

The Swingspeed also missed a few shots that the Trackman picked up perfectly. Definitely a big quality difference between the two (as expected).

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

I'm wondering about a few things so perhaps you tester guys can answer or offer some thoughts. (I haven't read every single post by everyone) It seems that testers after 6 weeks have increased their SS by some amount. One that stands out is 7% increase by O2 above. How long do you guys honestly think you'll keep doing this regime? 72 weeks? 12 weeks? 30 weeks? How long is really necessary to gain maximum benefits? At some point you'll max out. Today I'm guessing 6-12 weeks and then maintenance thereafter. What's your increase after 6 weeks? Are you seeing increased speed transfer to increased distance on the course? Any at all? None? Some?

I'm interested in the Superspeed Golf product and I might purchase one eventually. I think I might also get the Swing Speed Radar with Tempo Timer built-in. To me it seems the two go hand in hand. Speed and Tempo.

Thanks!

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour