TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

1 hour ago, PlaidJacket said:

I'm wondering about a few things so perhaps you tester guys can answer or offer some thoughts. (I haven't read every single post by everyone) It seems that testers after 6 weeks have increased their SS by some amount. One that stands out is 7% increase by O2 above. How long do you guys honestly think you'll keep doing this regime? 72 weeks? 12 weeks? 30 weeks? How long is really necessary to gain maximum benefits? At some point you'll max out. Today I'm guessing 6-12 weeks and then maintenance thereafter. What's your increase after 6 weeks? Are you seeing increased speed transfer to increased distance on the course? Any at all? None? Some?

I'm interested in the Superspeed Golf product and I might purchase one eventually. I think I might also get the Swing Speed Radar with Tempo Timer built-in. To me it seems the two go hand in hand. Speed and Tempo.

Thanks!

Great questions.  We're all committed for at least the first 14 weeks of the program to complete our stage 2 reviews.  Right now I plan on going the full 72 weeks assuming no big life changes happen along the way.

From what we've been told the biggest gains come in the first 6 weeks, though we should see improvement into the 3rd level of the program (26 weeks).  After that I believe it's more of a maintenance aspect.

Unfortunately the weather turned cold here right as my swing speed started to jump.  I played in a scramble last weekend when the high temp was 45 degrees, and I was hitting to about the same spots as my rounds in 75+ degree weather before the program.  I was pretty happy with that considering cold weather limits ball flight and I was wearing 3+ layers of clothing.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

End of Protocol #1 today.  Snow on the ground here, so I had to travel up to Green Bay to find an area to measure my driver speed.  Although the field at Lambeau was all cleared off, they wouldn't let me in there, but I was able to find an indoor facility not far from there.  Here's how my stats ended up:

Had kind of a 'glitchy' week in week #4, otherwise there seemed to be a steady increase.

Today, my drives were between 96-99, with a high speed of 102 on one of the swings.  So, compared to my beginning speed, that's an increase of a little more than 10%.  According to their own simulator, the longest drive was 247, most of them between 230-240.  Obviously, hard to compare that to an actual on-course measurement.  But, increased swing speed was encouraging, nonetheless. 

image.png

I've been a Lutheran pastor for almost 40 years.

MGS community, our first protocol is over and I thought I would share my thoughts and some data with you all.

I would like to start out by saying that I'm really enjoying the program and have gotten to the point that I look forward to doing the routine every time. It's been challenging trying to fit them in to my work schedule, but I've been able to get them all in without a hitch.

We've almost reached the halfway point before writing up our Stage 2's after week 14. So how's it going, you ask? I've seen some significant jumps in speed doing the training protocol. I hit a high of 114 during week 4 and had a couple of times after that I've hit 112. I can't complain.

20181108_193155.jpg.e40812d8856d8232f7341b41ea61dce6.jpgNow it's time to get down to the actual gains I've seen with my driver. I went to the driving range today, hit 16 shots, and got the total. My average swing speed after six weeks is 90.4 up from 89. That's only a 1.6 percent increase after the first protocol, or 32 percent of the total gains touted by SuperSpeed.

rps20181110_163031.thumb.jpg.d682f9371fc1517968e48ea9fab232b9.jpg

I have seen some increase, but not what I expected. I was hoping for an average of 92 - 93 mph, but I'm not quite there yet. I'm going to give it two more weeks and see where I'm at so I can properly give it an assessment in my stage 2.

I've been seeing that SuperSpeed works looking at my fellow testers with gains between 6 and 10 percent. I don't know where I'm going wrong or why I've seen only a small increase, but I'll keep on keeping on and see where it takes me. This is a long program and I'm excited to see where it will go from here.

@sitchunksalot - everyone is different so your results will differ from mine and so on and so forth. Our manual tours an average of 5 percent in the first six weeks and I’m going to guess that’s right where we will be as a group once all the results are in. The biggest gain is supposed to be at the 14 week mark with the promise of a bit more after that.

@Plaid - I played Tuesday and measured a large number of drives on Swingcaddy.

Before level one my avg speed on that device was 88 (measured on the range) my ball speed had never gotten over 130. On Tuesday my avg. was over 91 and all measured drives had a ball speed of over 130 with a few approaching 140. Drives were between 225 and 235 (it’s still very wet here). I’m nearly a full club longer with my irons and could reach every hole in regulation from the straight white tees (5 par 4’s over 400 going in differing directions).

Florida is not Texas - we get very little run out here until January or February.

I’m certainly seeing more distance. I’m hoping to get my official driver SS radar number tomorrow. Work has been crazy and I have a huge day - 7 AM to 6 PM but should have a break between church and a teleconference at 230.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Being a slightly chubby guy with no flexibility, the kneeling drill is a beast. Just saying.

Week seven begins the second stage of SuperSpeed training and I had a good time getting outside on this beautiful autumn day and doing it. Hit highs of 108, 106, and 98 on my dominant side. I got pretty winded today and my last three swings did not reach the pinnacles of speed that is usual.

I'm planning on playing nine later to see if the results line up with yesterday. I know, without a doubt, that I can swing faster. My body is willing, but the mind is stubborn. My last speeds during the ten swing warm-up were 93 and 96 with the heaviest club.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I was able to hit the course today and play nine. It was a very nice day on a wet course, at least some spots were not too swampy.

I played pretty good, still not seeing ill effects from the training as far as course management and accuracy. My ball striking has improved greatly, I'm going to credit that to SuperSpeed and my Cobra irons (they're awesome). Although, I've also been killing my three wood off the deck.

rps20181111_161954.jpgrps20181111_162019.jpg

I'm still not seeing any speed gains off the tee, I hit a few extra drives because I pretty much had the course to myself. My average over 11 shots was 89 mph, mix that in with the range numbers yesterday and it gives me an average of 89.9 mph. That's a one percent increase from my starting speed.

I agree with Rev, I think as a group we will probably average the five percent increase overall. My fellow testers are just killing it when it comes to gains. I'm feeling like I'm the outlier in the group when it comes to gaining the least. I'm discouraged, but fascinated by the results. I really don't understand why, I can see gains with the sticks but when there's a ball in front of me it all goes downhill. The limiter on my brain just hasn't been overcome, yet. I have faith that it will.

All I can say is that it's easier to see a larger % gain in speed when you have a lower starting speed.  😳

I will be beginning Protocol 2 tomorrow.  I thought about doing it today.  My course was closed because it was 24º last night and foggy this morning.  The course didn't open.  Supposed to be warmer tomorrow.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Wanted to thank all the testers for the information they are providing.  This is a great read for  a product that could benefit everyone.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 11/10/2018 at 2:44 PM, PlaidJacket said:

How long do you guys honestly think you'll keep doing this regime? 72 weeks? 12 weeks? 30 weeks? How long is really necessary to gain maximum benefits? At some point you'll max out.

I plan on doing the full 72 weeks and beyond for a few reasons. First and foremost, the results. My swing speed went from 114.5 to 122-124ish in roughly 6 weeks (Today I did the protocol, then lifted weights and then hit balls 2 hours later---which I've never done. I recorded a personal record single speed of 126+ ) so my results are consistent with others that have seen at least a 5% jump. Secondly, from an workout standpoint this is a full body, symmetrical workout. Granted, it's not going to help your cardio or your overall physique----but as far as functional golf strength goes... how's it possible to do any better than the SS Sticks?! Thirdly, as I'll touch on down below---I feel as if doing the workouts on days that I do not swing is a 'kinda/sorta' decent replacement for hitting actual balls. I feel like I am becoming a better, stronger, faster and *more accurate* golfer every time I use them---especially when the comparison is simply not working out at all (hitting balls, lifting, running, etc.). 

Even after the protocol ends, I will continue to use them---while I might max out as far as not being able to see tangible results over a short-to-intermediate standpoint... If I have the sticks and they've helped me increase my speeds then why not continue using them for maintaining the speed gains I've built (and, as I alluded to in the above paragraph, it's a quality workout and helps my swing!)? When you say 'max out' I think "peak"---which is true to an extent. But you are either moving forward or moving backwards. When I "peak" I tend to "move backwards" slower---thanks to the SS Sticks. 

Now onto a few other things I've noticed over the past few weeks, one tidbit on the accuracy gains I keep talking about and another note on how this translates to other clubs that aren't your driver:

* I track my stats: driving distance, accuracy, approaching (broken down by distance and whether I'm hitting off the fairway, rough, tee box), and putting (putt % from every distance, ditto 3-putt %). Because of this I have a really good baseline for my driving accuracy before and after I started the protocol. I also didn't play my driver in rounds until roughly a month after I started to give me a clean before and after. On a decent 62-swing sample ending in August my results were the following before the protocol: 22% Fairways and 33% Shanks (hooks, slices and tops). Since 9/15 I've had 7 rounds and sent the driver 67 times: 37% Fairway and 40% shank. Sure, I'd love the shank numbers to go down but it is logical that with another 8 MPH of swing speed it would be tougher to control--- but a 77% increase in fairway % is more than enough for me to call the slight increase in horrible shots a pretty big win. 1-in-5 to 1-in-3. Pretty cool. My 3-wood since August is at 34% fairways with 25% shanks (this is what I was primarily hitting off the tee in the month that I bagged the driver)!

* I mentioned the 3-wood above and need to elaborate. Throughout the spring and early hit the driver sporadically (mostly in scrambles when my misses didn't hurt the squad) but really played the 3-wood up until a few weeks ago. Since the protocol, I've flipped those two--- I hit driver pretty much every time even when I shouldn't just because I'm prioritizing working on the driver over scoring for now. I did not have a baseline set of data for the 3-wood like I did for my driver in August so I can't make an apples-to-apples comparison for the speed and distance improvement there but from memory, 105 MPH swing speed and a 260-270 yard shot with the three wood sounds about right from 2ish months ago. I don't recall ever hitting a 3-wood on the simulator beyond 280ish, 285 definitely. Today on the simulator I decided to do a 10-swing sample with the 3-wood just to see where that is at---how much distance did I gain there and do I feel more accurate? 

Original Driver Sample Data (8/8---with additional info not  in my other tables):

Distance Carry Speed Degree Offline
295 282.5 116.5 -0.27
268 237 116.8 4.2
303 291 116.3 -3.2
294 287 115.4 0.2
289 282 116.4 -5.5
298 291 117.1 -3
293 285 114.2 3.2
284 273 115 0.97
299 288 116.4 -1.49

291.4 279.6 116.0 0.44

(3* offline either left or right is a bad shot, I use that as the accuracy guage. the .4444 at the bottom is 4/9 were on target, that's all.)

Distance Carry Speed Degree Offline
268 263 116 1.7
281 267 114.8 -3.7
289 276 112.9 1
245 240 113.1 2.1
261 254 118.3 -7
291 281 114.06 0
273 265 115.4 -3.3
294 288 116.4 3.3
294 283 114.7 2

277.3 268.5 115.1 0.556

3 of my 3-woods, hit today after a full protocol workout and a weight lifting session, went further than my AVERAGE DRIVE of just two months ago. My highest single swing of the either sample was from today's with the 3-wood (118 MPH)! The reason I took the 10-swing sample with the three wood today is because I hit a bunch last night for the first time in a while---and a few went over 300 yards. In two months I've gone from hitting 280 yard drives and 265 yard 3-woods to 310 yard drives and 280 yard 3-woods. 

:mizuno-small: ST 180 Driver & 3W

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 4i-GW

:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges

The same putter I used since I was 12 years old

#TrustTheProcess 

Okay I got to the range in between church on my conference. I was unsure of what to expect as two services and a Bible Study are demanding but my all out swing at the end of the dynamic warm up produced this with the red club produced this so I was ready.

IMG_1433.JPG

Hit some nine irons and drivers, got the right position with the radar and was ready, 94, 95, 96, 98, 97.

IMG_1434.JPG

That’s 96 in my book which is 5 mph over where I started for a solid 5 percent game. All shots produced ball speeds in the high 130’s on SwingCaddy with nice smash factors for an average of 93.4 and 1.47 smash on that device.

That’s the way I used to do it. I’m pretty pumped.

On to the next protocol. First one is in the books for that one, too. While we aren’t doing our Stage 2 review until the New Year I will say these results are impressive. Someone else noted it and I will reiterate that Daisy emphasized that the level of service we are receiving comes with purchasing the sticks. It’s a remarkable value when you think about it.

Like anything worthwhile this is some work. You have to have the discipline to set aside the time to do it three days a week. For those who live in cold climates you need the space and I would say the radar to push yourself.

As a negative example we have a pro on staff who is a mini tour player. He was on the range with me when I first started out seven weeks ago and was getting my first measurements. He heard Swingcaddy shouting out 208, 211, 210 that day.

He had the SuperSpeed sticks and had given up on them. I showed him the 231 on Tuesday - he made me go to the range to prove it was me. I ripped one off, 94 mph SS, 138 ball speed, 218 carry, 239 total (probably more like 245 down wind).

He then asked if I had followed their protocols. I said religiously other than I can’t always do mornings like SuperSpeed suggests.

He said, “I’m going to do it. If I can find 20 yards it’s the Hooters Tour for me.”

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Okay I got to the range in between church on my conference. I was unsure of what to expect as two services and a Bible Study are demanding but my all out swing at the end of the dynamic warm up produced this with the red club produced this so I was ready.

IMG_1433.thumb.JPG.9796b5398e655cba9184269790f7722d.JPG

Hit some nine irons and drivers, got the right position with the radar and was ready, 94, 95, 96, 98, 97.

IMG_1434.thumb.JPG.3ee4027d0a45fa622fab945c17734c8a.JPG

That’s 96 in my book which is 5 mph over where I started for a solid 5 percent game. All shots produced ball speeds in the high 130’s on SwingCaddy with nice smash factors for an average of 93.4 and 1.47 smash on that device.

That’s the way I used to do it. I’m pretty pumped.

On to the next protocol. First one is in the books for that one, too. While we aren’t doing our Stage 2 review until the New Year I will say these results are impressive. Someone else noted it and I will reiterate that Daisy emphasized that the level of service we are receiving comes with purchasing the sticks. It’s a remarkable value when you think about it.

Like anything worthwhile this is some work. You have to have the discipline to set aside the time to do it three days a week. For those who live in cold climates you need the space and I would say the radar to push yourself.

As a negative example we have a pro on staff who is a mini tour player. He was on the range with me when I first started out seven weeks ago and was getting my first measurements. He heard Swingcaddy shouting out 208, 211, 210 that day.

He had the SuperSpeed sticks and had given up on them. I showed him the 231 on Tuesday - he made me go to the range to prove it was me. I ripped one off, 94 mph SS, 138 ball speed, 218 carry, 239 total (probably more like 245 down wind).

He then asked if I had followed their protocols. I said religiously other than I can’t always do mornings like SuperSpeed suggests.

He said, “I’m going to do it. If I can find 20 yards it’s the Hooters Tour for me.”

Great job Rev! You ain't kidding about the level of service that comes standard with these sticks. Daisy, Kyle, and the SuperSpeed staff have been nothing short of excellent. I'm sad that I missed the conference call and am hoping to be able to make the next one.

I'm also glad that you convinced your pro to give these another shot. I believe he could really benefit from them.

Congrats on the impressive numbers!

On 11/10/2018 at 1:44 PM, PlaidJacket said:

I'm interested in the Superspeed Golf product and I might purchase one eventually. I think I might also get the Swing Speed Radar with Tempo Timer built-in. To me it seems the two go hand in hand. Speed and Tempo

So far I'm enjoying reading about everyone's results. It's working it seems. Keep it up!

I quote myself because so far nobody has addressed Tempo. Obviously it's kind of difficult to comment on Tempo since no one has a Speed Radar w/Tempo Timer built-in. I do think Tempo is important in our game and something we all should work on.... more. There are many Tempo training devices and methods out there and I used to use... Tour Tempo. (probably should use it again/more) These Tempo training methods alone all promise increased distance and better ball striking. I wonder what we'd be seeing if all of the testers were also working on - measuring Tempo? My guess is that in addition to gaining distance we'd be hearing about improved - more solid ball striking, better ball flight, and tightened disbursements. How many times have we all played and played well on a given day and said our Tempo was great. I've never heard anyone say I played great today because I swung the club faster.

Perhaps if the folks at SuperSpeed Golf are reading/watching this they will chime in and provide their thoughts and or data when people combine or use the Speed Sticks - Swing Speed radar - and Tempo timing.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

9 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

So far I'm enjoying reading about everyone's results. It's working it seems. Keep it up!

I quote myself because so far nobody has addressed Tempo. Obviously it's kind of difficult to comment on Tempo since no one has a Speed Radar w/Tempo Timer built-in. I do think Tempo is important in our game and something we all should work on.... more. There are many Tempo training devices and methods out there and I used to use... Tour Tempo. (probably should use it again/more) These Tempo training methods alone all promise increased distance and better ball striking. I wonder what we'd be seeing if all of the testers were also working on - measuring Tempo? My guess is that in addition to gaining distance we'd be hearing about improved - more solid ball striking, better ball flight, and tightened disbursements. How many times have we all played and played well on a given day and said our Tempo was great. I've never heard anyone say I played great today because I swung the club faster.

Perhaps if the folks at SuperSpeed Golf are reading/watching this they will chime in and provide their thoughts and or data when people combine or use the Speed Sticks - Swing Speed radar - and Tempo timing.

My thoughts on a free Tempo tool 😄

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

Instagram @makingscratch : https://www.instagram.com/makingscratch/

Twitter @makingscratchUK : https://twitter.com/makingscratchuk

WITB:

• Driver : Ping G400 - Tour65 Stiff 44"
  • Fairway : Taylormade Burner 2.0 15deg - Reax-R
  • Hybrid : Taylormade M2 22deg - Flex-R
  • Irons : 4-6 Srixon Z765, 7-PW Srixon Z965 - Nippon Modus 105 S
  • Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15
    • 56deg Vokey SM5 F-Grind - Nippon ProModus 130 TX
    • 60deg Miura K-Grind - TT DG Spinner
  • Putter : Evnroll ER2
  • Ball : Vice Pro Plus

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

11 minutes ago, Jon Brittan said:

I'm surprised you laugh at Tempo training or timing. Free or not. Can you explain? I think both tempo and the speed training are good and IMO would seem to work together well.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

7 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

I'm surprised you laugh at Tempo training or timing. Free or not. Can you explain? I think both tempo and the speed training are good and IMO would seem to work together well.

That was a link to my actual thoughts on tempo timing... I agree with you entirely, click the link

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

5 minutes ago, Jon Brittan said:

That was a link to my actual thoughts on tempo timing... I agree with you entirely, click the link

Oh sorry. I didn't realize the link. Carry on. 

40 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

I've done some of this. I own the Tour Tempo book, the one that came with the CD with the Tour Tempo beats. I've converted those to mp3 and have them on my phone. For the standard SuperSpeed swings, I regularly have them playing. I'm not nearly coordinated enough to time the step swings to the tones, however 🙂

I've also occasionally strapped my Zepp sensor to my glove while doing my SuperSpeed swings. It does several things for me: 1) gives a second opinion on the swing speed, 2) monitors my tempo (I'm much closer to 4:1, unfortunately), and 3) keeps on eye on swing plane, so that I'm not grooving a big over the top move when doing the training.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

I have to say you are all changing my mind about these stix. I really thought it was just another gimmick golf aid. I now see the error of my ways, and have added this to my list of things needed.
Great job everyone.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

2 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

PJ, while I have seen an increase in swing speed, I haven't seen a corresponding change on the course, except that I have more missed fairways.  I think you are correct, in that it might be a tempo issue for me.  I have been focusing on pure swing speed.  Like SuperSpeed Golf says, we are training out brains to get used to a faster swing.  

I am not all that upset about the driving inconsistency at this point.  The weather here has turned cold and there is only a couple of days left to post scores.  I haven't had very good scores recently, and I won't be posting any before GHIN closes on Nov 14.  I am hoping that once I reach a consistent swing speed peak over the winter, my swing tempo will return to be my new normal.  

I have committed to follow the SuperSpeed Golf program, because I see no reason not to.  Just the warmup exercises themselves will help everyone, IMO.  If my swing speed increase can become permanent, it can be nothing but beneficial to my game once I learn to control it.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

25 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

PJ, while I have seen an increase in swing speed, I haven't seen a corresponding change on the course, except that I have more missed fairways.  I think you are correct, in that it might be a tempo issue for me.  I have been focusing on pure swing speed.  Like SuperSpeed Golf says, we are training out brains to get used to a faster swing.

Kenny, I'd imagine if I were doing the training I'd probably see regression in my shots out on the course. ie... more errant shots. I think for most people that would be the case generally speaking. I'm very intrigued with the training y'all are doing and think it will definitely help most people. I mean... who doesn't need to add a few yards? Which makes me wonder. Why can't someone come up with a 10 more yards pill? I'd gobble them up. LOL

23 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I am not all that upset about the driving inconsistency at this point.  The weather here has turned cold and there is only a couple of days left to post scores.  I haven't had very good scores recently, and I won't be posting any before GHIN closes on Nov 14.  I am hoping that once I reach a consistent swing speed peak over the winter, my swing tempo will return to be my new normal.  

I have committed to follow the SuperSpeed Golf program, because I see no reason not to.  Just the warmup exercises themselves will help everyone, IMO.  If my swing speed increase can become permanent, it can be nothing but beneficial to my game once I learn to control it.

Follow the link in my post further up if you'd like, it's for a free tempo timing tool, use that in combination with your speed training to maintain a 3:1 ratio while trying to build speed and it may help.

I'm the opposite of some people where I need it to slow down my backswing, but it definitely helps

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

2 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

Kenny, I'd imagine if I were doing the training I'd probably see regression in my shots out on the course. ie... more errant shots. I think for most people that would be the case generally speaking. I'm very intrigued with the training y'all are doing and think it will definitely help most people. I mean... who doesn't need to add a few yards? Which makes me wonder. What can't someone come up with a 10 more yards pill? I'd gobble them up. LOL

That depends on your approach.

What you should be doing with training like this is swinging faster in your training and then feel like you're swinging within yourself on course, not feel like you're really pushing the speed on course. By maximising your peak swing-speed you will be raising your base swing speed.
What you're aiming for isn't to be faster because you're really swinging right on the edge, it's to make what is a controlled and comfortable swing faster because you've pushed the boundaries up.

It's the same as training in running. If you want to be able to run at 8 mph constantly you're better off doing intervals of 10 mph, then 6 mph to catch your breath, then 10, then 6 etc than just trying to solidly run at 8 mph. When you then come to a solid distance run you'll find 8 mph so much easier than the 10 you were running bursts of it'll be easy.

Basically, if your current driver swing speed is 100 mph you want to get your Superspeed Red speed up to 110 mph then try to swing on the course at 105 mph, if you get what I mean. You've gained speed, but in comparison to the 110 mph you were doing with an even heavier weight it feels easy and controllable.

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

Week 6:
My 6th week, and final week of the first protocol, is in the books! Looking back at the numbers is interesting. Week over week, I remained fairly consistent in my increases with the SuperSpeed training clubs, but you will notice that my driver speed peaked back at week 3, and was actually lower for my week 6 update. Granted, the training club speeds are my maximum speeds, whereas my driver speeds are an average. 

When I was on the range this past weekend, I saw a maximum speed of 99 mph with my driver, but I am finding it harder and harder to control. I can’t say that the SuperSpeed program is fully to blame for this though, because I was having driving troubles before I started (which is one of the reasons I was so interested in the SuperSpeed review). I do know, from watching the videos sent to SuperSpeed, that the speed training is allowing me to come from the inside more and create more lag when compared to my actual driver swing. The problem is, when I am swinging with a ball, I feel like I’m swing AT the ball rather than THROUGH the ball. This is leading to me having 2 different swings, one for my training/practice swings and one for hitting a ball, which I think is the primary reason for my inconsistencies right now. I think I just need to spend more time on the range without the radar and take some time to get my driver swing to more closely match my training swing.

And to wrap it up, here are the final numbers for the first protocol. During the first 6 weeks of training, I have seen an average driver speed increase of 4.5 mph which translates to about a 5% increase.
SSG - Week 6.JPG

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

Just wanted to chime in on something Rev stated earlier. He mentioned that as a group we probably would see an increase that was in line with what SuperSpeed advertises.

Combined this group started out with a total SS of 549.5 and after six weeks that number went up to a total of 587.4, an increase of 37.9 mph.

That's right at a 7 percent increase across the group.

That's pretty impressive.

13 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I am quoting myself here.  Last Saturday was one of the worst driving days I have experienced this year, but it was also cold and I was wearing more clothes than I have since last winter.  We had a two hour frost delay.  I couldn't hit a fairway.

I wanted to play on Sunday, but the course didn't open until afternoon, and by then I was sitting by the fire not wanting to get up.  Today was my normal Monday walking round with the guys at the club.  It was a little warmer, but none of them showed up so I went out walking by myself for nine holes.  I hit EVERY fairway, and shot a -1 round of 36.  I did this AFTER my first session of Protocol 2.

Protocol 2 BTW was interesting with the kneeling swing.  I got down on my knees, but the SuperSpeed instructions don't tell you how the get back up!! Important for old people with a fake knee!  😬

Kenny,
How are you feeling about the senior set now? I know that the set you got doesn't have a stick that weighs more than your driver. Do you think you would have seen similar results with the men's set, or do you feel you benefited more from the set you got?

19 hours ago, Kegger said:

The problem is, when I am swinging with a ball, I feel like I’m swing AT the ball rather than THROUGH the ball. This is leading to me having 2 different swings, one for my training/practice swings and one for hitting a ball, which I think is the primary reason for my inconsistencies right now. I think I just need to spend more time on the range without the radar and take some time to get my driver swing to more closely match my training swing

Have you considered doing a "step-change" swing with your driver on the tee box immediately before addressing the ball to get that feeling of swinging through clean in the mind? 

I do that occasionally when I feel I'm focusing on the ball too much. 

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

7 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Today was my normal Monday walking round with the guys at the club.  It was a little warmer, but none of them showed up so I went out walking by myself for nine holes.  I hit EVERY fairway, and shot a -1 round of 36.  I did this AFTER my first session of Protocol 2.

I too always shoot under par when I'm playing alone. LOL Just messing with ya Kenny. 😉

One little correction to an earlier comment I made. Where I said I thought I'd see regression with my shots; I only meant that as temporary.

1 minute ago, PlaidJacket said:

I too always shoot under par when I'm playing alone. LOL Just messing with ya Kenny. 😉

One little correction to an earlier comment I made. Where I said I thought I'd see regression with my shots; I only meant that as temporary.

I understand completely!!

Actually, I wasn't alone.  I started alone, but a single in a cart joined me on the #2 tee box.  Young guy that had the holiday day off.  Decent player but couldn't hit the ball very straight.  He was very impressed on #3, our #1 hcp hole, when I hit my second to 6 inches from the flag.  Then on the par 3 #4 with the pin just over a bunker at 142y, my 9i landed in the rough between the bunker and the green... chipped in for another birdie.  All pars until a bad second on #9 cost me a bogey.

I may have missed it, but do we have final Level 1 numbers from 03trdblack or golfinnut?  Did we lose them along the way already?  This is what I was able to find for the official testing group after 6 weeks:

Golfer Start Finish Increase
sirchunksalot 89 90.4 1.6%
Kegger 90.5 95 5.0%
revkev 91 96 5.5%
02uwmadgrad 104 111 6.7%
Calypso55 92 102 10.9%
Kenny B 83 93 12.0%
Totals 549.5 587.4 6.9%

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter