Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Kenny,
How are you feeling about the senior set now? I know that the set you got doesn't have a stick that weighs more than your driver. Do you think you would have seen similar results with the men's set, or do you feel you benefited more from the set you got?

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I suppose that given the swing speed I had when we began, the Senior Set was probably appropriate.  I was concerned about not having a heavier club than my driver.  After Protocol 1, I think it might have helped get my swing speed up initially.

However, I really don't see much difference between the Yellow club and the Green club anymore, and the Blue club is also becoming closer in swing speed to the Yellow and Green.  We have just started Protocol 2, and I am wondering if I will not see any more increases if all clubs are giving me about the same speeds.  What's the point of swinging 3 clubs that all feel the same?  Yesterday was my first session  with Protocol 2; take a look at the numbers.

image.png

All of the numbers are down a little bit, but it was cold yesterday; a little above freezing.  The left handed swings were down the most.  But, compare the numbers between clubs.  I say they are virtually the same.  I really can't tell any difference in feel between the Yellow and Green clubs.  Not having a SuperSpeed club that is heavier than my driver may be a reason why I have struggled the past few weeks with controlling my driver swing.  I just don't know.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Reflecting back on something that Jon Britton wrote it does make sense in theory. But what a feel right now is that I can swing as hard as I want with driver and be in control - once I find the slot - I need to warm up to find it though.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Reflecting back on something that Jon Britton wrote it does make sense in theory. But what a feel right now is that I can swing as hard as I want with driver and be in control - once I find the slot - I need to warm up to find it though.

I bet that is a good feeling

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Have you considered doing a "step-change" swing with your driver on the tee box immediately before addressing the ball to get that feeling of swinging through clean in the mind? 
I do that occasionally when I feel I'm focusing on the ball too much. 
I tried a step-change drive out of frustration! Worst slice of the range session! Haha! I will have to try doing some step change practice swings next time I'm on the range and see if it helps any... I'll get it figured out one of these days... I hope!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

Here's Kirke (age 5) taking a cut on the radar. I'm planning to build him his own set of SuperSpeed sticks for Christmas (don't tell him) based on his driver specs.

This swing is with his hybrid, and he clocked in at 44mph. He touched 48 with his driver.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Here's Kirke (age 5) taking a cut on the radar. I'm planning to build him his own set of SuperSpeed sticks for Christmas (don't tell him) based on his driver specs.

This swing is with his hybrid, and he clocked in at 44mph. He touched 48 with his driver.

[/url]
Kirke has a great start to a wonderful swing. He'll love the speed sticks.

[/url]

Young potential PGA champion in training??

BTW is he hitting off of your new putting green?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Young potential PGA champion in training??

BTW is he hitting off of your new putting green?

That's why the little chipping mat is laying on top of the green: so that errant swings won't leave scars in my green :-)

Full WITB with pictures

That's why the little chipping mat is laying on top of the green: so that errant swings won't leave scars in my green :-)

Figured as much - especially with the launch monitor tucked away in one of the holes.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

3 hours ago, mpatrickriley said:

Nice swing Kirke!

SuperSpeed Golf tells us when using the training clubs to position the radar directly in front and facing us.  Not sure it would make any difference with training clubs, as long as positioning was consistent.

If we are hitting balls, the radar should be a foot further away from us than the ball, two inches to the right (away from the target), and angled slightly to the right so you catch the driver speed before ball impact.  Maybe it's the angle of the camera, but it looks like the radar is forward of where a ball would be.  If you hit a ball, the radar would pick up ball speed.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

mpatrickriley- Kirke has a better swing than me.. I have also got 20 years of bad habits.. LOL.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Nice swing Kirke!

SuperSpeed Golf tells us when using the training clubs to position the radar directly in front and facing us.  Not sure it would make any difference with training clubs, as long as positioning was consistent.

If we are hitting balls, the radar should be a foot further away from us than the ball, two inches to the right (away from the target), and angled slightly to the right so you catch the driver speed before ball impact.  Maybe it's the angle of the camera, but it looks like the radar is forward of where a ball would be.  If you hit a ball, the radar would pick up ball speed.

Thanks for the info! For my own training, I had been "in front of me, angled back" position. I haven't used the swing speed radar while hitting balls at all yet (and Kirke wasn't hitting anything either).

Has anyone compared readings between different radar positions?

Full WITB with pictures

2 hours ago, mpatrickriley said:

Thanks for the info! For my own training, I had been "in front of me, angled back" position. I haven't used the swing speed radar while hitting balls at all yet (and Kirke wasn't hitting anything either).

Has anyone compared readings between different radar positions?

I am always worrying about hitting the radar unit. If the radar was forward of the ball, I know I could shank or toe a ball into it.  For the training clubs the radar is always facing directly at me for consistency.  There may be a slight difference between facing forward and angled back that may be due to having an early or late release, but I haven't tested it.  I haven't tried any other position except when hitting balls with the driver when the unit is angled back..  

I remember that @revkev measured a few mph faster with the radar than his SC200.  I was just the opposite.

@mpatrickriley and Kenny - it's odd that Kenny would be faster on SC than the radar as Superspeed has said that you should expect you will be a bit quicker on radar than other tracking devices.  However we are each different beyond a doubt.

I've found that positioning matters in regards to swing speed so I try to be as consistent as possible with the radar in the middle facing me when using the sticks and 6 inches to a foot outside the tee but angled back when hitting drives.  At first I was afraid of hitting the radar but I'm not anymore (which probably means I'm in the danger zone there.)  I'm very afraid of hitting it while doing the kneeling swings because my swing is flatter there.  I've had to move farther away from the ball for those.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Okay week one of Superspeed’s new level 2 is in the books for me.

This level adds 3 kneeling swings dominant and non-dominant with all three sticks into the mix.

First the results:

RH Green 111 Blue 106 Red 103
LH Green 105 Blue 100 Red 92

Some commentary: I really slowed down the first day after the kneeling swings. Daisy from Superspeed told me that was normal and suggested resting a bit (a minute or so) between kneeling swings and step changes. It helped some but my steps were down all week never the less. Overall though my top speeds for the week were good and my fastest swing today was my second to last one.

One last observation. It’s our first cool day of the fall - 64 right now. This is the first time that I’ve done a workout when it hasn’t been in the 80’s or higher. My SS was off today until the end when my last 3 were 110, 111, 109.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Week 7 has been completed for me as well.  The kneeling swings were a little awkward but started to feel more natural as the week progressed.  I've messed around doing a kneeling swing in the past (thanks YouTube trick shot videos), but never going for max mph.

I started off the week trying to fold up a towel to put beneath my knees for the kneeling swings, but that didn't feel great on my concrete basement floor.  $10 later I had a nice 1.5" thick garden kneeling pad that worked out much better.

Overall my training club numbers have been pretty much the same for the last 3 weeks.

week 7 results.JPG

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

I had a conversation with Daisy at SuperSpeed Golf this week.  At the end of Protocol Level 1 my driver swing speed was up 93 mph.  Apparently, the overspeed training with the light clubs has worked to get my speed up.  However, the speeds for the Yellow light club and Green middle club have been nearly identical for the past several weeks.  

Daisy said that since my driver speed is 93 mph, I should be in the Men's set, so they are sending me a Red club.  That club will be the first club that is heavier than my driver.  So, maybe next week I will be swinging Green, Blue and Red clubs.  Guess I will have to "Man-Up" now!!

Just bought a set of these for my dad for the holidays. 

These SS Sticks increase your swing speed---pretty non debatable. 

They are a great workout, regardless of golf. 

And they are great for your golf swing. 

So thrilled I bought these for myself, cant wait to give them to pops. 

:mizuno-small: ST 180 Driver & 3W

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 4i-GW

:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges

The same putter I used since I was 12 years old

#TrustTheProcess 

I just finished my first week of the Level 2 Protocol.  50º and sunny today.

Highlights:

1. Hit 101 mph for first time over 100 mph with my heaviest Blue club!!
  2. The middle Green club was 105 mph;  2 mph faster than my lightest Yellow club.
  3. I'm between 81-86 mph with all clubs swinging from my knees with the fastest swing recorded with the middle Green club... left-handed!!  Go figure.

On to week 2... might be interesting with the Thanksgiving travel days coming up.

Guys, I hope you don't mind too much my crashing your thread. I think it makes for an interesting comparison, putting the real program against the homebrew version. Already, we've noted one of the bigger liabilities of the DIY approach: a lack of product support. I also think it will be useful to contrast the new protocol against that which is publicly available.

I'm still a few weeks behind you guys; I'm planning to do one more week of the "introductory" protocol, and then I'll move to Level One, the one that also incorporates the kneeling swings.

Here are my summarized numbers through Week 3:

image.png

I have gotten the impression at times that on the official protocol, you're mostly tracking your highest speed. My chart is the averages of just my right-handed, normal (no step-through) swings.

So far, I'm really pleased. Each week, my speeds have increased. As someone noted earlier in this thread, I have a bit of bunching at times between the sticks at different weights. For instance, this week my green and blue were the same. I think, in this case, it has to do with the fact that my first swings in a session aren't my best. By the time I get to the second set, I'm a little looser, and I'm also feeling a better sequence.

Anyway, I'm seeing steady progress so far in every category in every week. I anticipate that's it'll level off, and then I have to grit my teeth and push through more.

Full WITB with pictures

I would like to send out a quick thank you to SuperSpeed Golf for sending us an email saying that they are sending us a kneeling pad to use as part of the test. Their customer service is out of this world.

That's great progress so far mpatrickriley, I'm glad to see you're off to a good start. I think it's going to be an interesting read to see how you come along.

As far as the speeds we record goes, we are only showing in our weekly updates the fastest swings with each club for the week. I'm keeping track of every swing I take, as I'm sure everyone else is doing in this program. I think it's a great motivational tool that we can use to try to beat the previous week.

I have noticed that my speeds have dropped slightly this week, so far. I think it might have to do with the combination of the new drill and the cooler temperatures that have moved in. Bundling up is killing my already lackluster flexibility.

I've still got one more session to go to have my weekly numbers finalized. Between work, weather, and a sick wife this week has been rough on my training schedule. At least it's going to be sunny and 60 tomorrow.

Keep us posted on how you're doing, it's always great to have another voice to share their experiences.

7 hours ago, mpatrickriley said:

Guys, I hope you don't mind too much my crashing your thread. I think it makes for an interesting comparison, putting the real program against the homebrew version. Already, we've noted one of the bigger liabilities of the DIY approach: a lack of product support. I also think it will be useful to contrast the new protocol against that which is publicly available.

I'm still a few weeks behind you guys; I'm planning to do one more week of the "introductory" protocol, and then I'll move to Level One, the one that also incorporates the kneeling swings.

Here are my summarized numbers through Week 3:

image.png

I have gotten the impression at times that on the official protocol, you're mostly tracking your highest speed. My chart is the averages of just my right-handed, normal (no step-through) swings.

So far, I'm really pleased. Each week, my speeds have increased. As someone noted earlier in this thread, I have a bit of bunching at times between the sticks at different weights. For instance, this week my green and blue were the same. I think, in this case, it has to do with the fact that my first swings in a session aren't my best. By the time I get to the second set, I'm a little looser, and I'm also feeling a better sequence.

Anyway, I'm seeing steady progress so far in every category in every week. I anticipate that's it'll level off, and then I have to grit my teeth and push through more.

Yes, we are only tracking highest speed with each club.  There is no way I could record all my swings; too much time would be needed between swings.  I'm glad we only have 3 swings with each club; I can remember the highest speed for both right and left handed swings before I have to write them down.  

If your numbers are averages, then you are doing great!  If I had to record averages, my numbers would be way down.  I tend to have a couple of good speeds, but one swing will be way down and maybe I only get one good swing speed out of a set.  One day, all of the numbers for one club were lower than I would expect, but other clubs were normal.  Just shows my inconsistent swing.

Gonna have to add this to the Christmas list too!

You guys are knocking this out of the park!

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Yes, we are only tracking highest speed with each club.  There is no way I could record all my swings; too much time would be needed between swings.  I'm glad we only have 3 swings with each club; I can remember the highest speed for both right and left handed swings before I have to write them down.  
If your numbers are averages, then you are doing great!  If I had to record averages, my numbers would be way down.  I tend to have a couple of good speeds, but one swing will be way down and maybe I only get one good swing speed out of a set.  One day, all of the numbers for one club were lower than I would expect, but other clubs were normal.  Just shows my inconsistent swing.
My procedure is to take three swings, saying each speed out loud (to help me remember them), and then tap them into my spreadsheet on my tablet after each set. I suspect it'll be a little more challenging to remember once I switch to doing five swings in a set.

The spreadsheet is still a work in progress (I'll need to add room for the kneeling swings, and I should make it track my max speed as well). But it's working for me so far: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Jj8xqtRl5EkctUEFx3fRjQynHWlotG5X1_EM6l0MphE/edit?usp=drivesdk

Full WITB with pictures

I"m hoping the "High Priority" designation on the Amazon wishlist will get a set of these in the Christmas stocking as well.

Great job so far guys. Keeping an eye on the progress.

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

Since I’m so much younger than Kenny I can remember my fastest speed for two sets right and left. :)

My results in each series are pretty similar to Kenny’s. They tend to be inconsistent and there are a lot of misses by the radar. If I haven’t had a good reading and I know the miss was a good swing I will take a 4th swing with the dominant side swings - LH is whatever for me - just don’t hurt myself but stay aggressive kind of stuff.

I can’t wait to see the difference between the towels on the ground and the kneeling pad. Thanks for the Hanukkah gift Superspeed golf! It is greatly appreciated.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Week seven has been a crazy one for me. It's been unseasonably cold and wet here in southeast Tennessee, I've been working lots of overtime, and my wife has been sick. My schedule for training has been altered because I've had to make runs into town on my way home to get food, so my training was on Sunday, Tuesday, and Saturday. I'll be doing Monday, Wednesday, and Friday next week.

It was a good week, I've noticed that my speeds were a little slower earlier in the week due to having to bundle up, and guys, I'm not very flexible to begin with. My kneeling swings are basically feeling like I'm just flailing water in order to stay afloat. My speeds were faster today as it was sixty degrees outside and that's perfect weather for a tee shirt and freedom.

I got an all time high with my lightest (yellow) club of 114 mph with the step change drill and tied a high of 108 with my medium (green).

I'm planning on hitting the range again to see if I can reach the five percent gain that eluded me after the initial six week period. I ended up buying a pass to the driving range for forty dollars and I'll get fifteen buckets at that price. That's a steal of a deal and I knew that with this test and still adjusting to my new irons, I couldn't pass it up.

20181117_135430.jpegrps20181117_135514.jpeg

I have this on my Christmas list. Wonder if my wife will get it for me

Same! Well, not your wife, but mine.

I'm wondering if they're gonna have any MGS promo or black Friday deal. I'd love to get up to or around 110.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond