Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

Week 7 has not gone as planned. The California wildfires have made the air borderline un-breathable. The air quality index this week reached "hazardous" levels in my area. Due to this, and also being plagued with Asthma, I was only able to complete one SuperSpeed training session. I reached out to SuperSpeed and asked how they wanted me to proceed. I wanted to know if I should use my 1 session as my entire Week 7, or put my training on hold until the air quality improved. Their advice was to hold off on the training and continue when I'm able. With this being said, I will not have an update for this week, and moving forward with the testing, I will be at least 1 week behind the rest of the group.

There is rain in the weather forecast this coming week, so I am hoping air quality will improve and I will be able to get back to training.

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

Ok guys, went to the driving range today to see if I could see an improvement over my week six results. After the first protocol I saw an increase of 1.6 percent in my initial swing speed, which was lower than my fellow testers.

Today I took 17 shots with my driver, recording each good one. I say that because I had a couple of outliers where I hit the ground before the ball, so I made sure not to include them in my statistics. I did have one of these hit 109 mph, but most of them were in the 84-86 range.

My final statistics were an average of 92 mph, with a high of 110 (good, solid contact) and a low of 84. Most of my drives were in the 91-92 mph range.

Now I'm sitting at an increase of 3.37 percent in overall swing speed. I'm still looking for the magical five percent increase, but at least I'm going in the right direction. Now if I could just remember how I hit that one....

It's back to the driving range next weekend to get more numbers. Maybe week eight will be the lucky number.

rps20181118_150919.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

7 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Ok guys, went to the driving range today to see if I could see an improvement over my week six results. After the first protocol I saw an increase of 1.6 percent in my initial swing speed, which was lower than my fellow testers.

Today I took 17 shots with my driver, recording each good one. I say that because I had a couple of outliers where I hit the ground before the ball, so I made sure not to include them in my statistics. I did have one of these hit 109 mph, but most of them were in the 84-86 range.

My final statistics were an average of 92 mph, with a high of 110 (good, solid contact) and a low of 84. Most of my drives were in the 91-92 mph range.

Now I'm sitting at an increase of 3.37 percent in overall swing speed. I'm still looking for the magical five percent increase, but at least I'm going in the right direction. Now if I could just remember how I hit that one....

It's back to the driving range next weekend to get more numbers. Maybe week eight will be the lucky number.

rps20181118_150919.jpeg

Wow!  85-110mph seems like a lot of variation!!  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Wow!  85-110mph seems like a lot of variation!!  
I thought so, too. I can see the lower speed being feasible, as most of my speeds were just above it. It could be falling into old swing habits or just being tired. I do all my driver swings toward the end of my range sessions.

The 110 really seems like an anomaly, it's a speed that's usually reserved for my lightest speed stick. It may be a hiccup by the radar, as I've seen those during training. Sometimes it won't pick up a swing and it also shows a very slow speed. I've had to take a few extra swings during the training.

I put them in because they felt like they were hit solid. I did have one that registered 109, but I had hit the ground behind the ball and I felt it didn't need to be in the averages.

My Arccos handicap is now sitting at 27, so I'm not the most consistent golfer out there. I'm convinced that this test has helped in this regard, as I've been playing and practicing a lot more than ever. My wife's convinced that it's very important to the MGS community that I play a lot for the integrity of the test.

Here are the notes from the range session:
rps20181119_043748.jpeg

The radar may have tracked your ball instead of the club on the 110 outlier. Did it get turned a little forward instead of angled back for that one shot?

In any case you may as well tell everyone you hulked up for one shot and smashed it!

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

The radar may have tracked your ball instead of the club on the 110 outlier. Did it get turned a little forward instead of angled back for that one shot?

In any case you may as well tell everyone you hulked up for one shot and smashed it!

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I pretty much tried to keep it consistent putting the tee in about the same spot and not moving the radar. I'm going to go with me channeling my inner Hulk. .

I pretty much tried to keep it consistent putting the tee in about the same spot and not moving the radar. I'm going to go with me channeling my inner Hulk. .

Nah, you were channeling your inner Flash. At least for me, when I channel my inner Hulk, my speed deceases :-)

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

I talked a lot in prior posts about accuracy, if you've read them you know I hit it far before the SS sticks---but now am hitting it even further with increased accuracy. 

I was able to join a new course and get round one in yesterday. It's a tight course that only has 2 holes I could realistically play my driver. 

My 3-wood was 4/7 fairway with the 3 misses ALL being within 10 feet of the fairway and having good looks at the green. My two other shots were 'misses' that I didn't count for my tracking purposes--- the shot was gorgeous I just mis-read the alignment. 

I hit 3 drivers. Two as "second shots" after my 3-wood, both were long and straight. The one I did hit for real was a gorgeous, drawing, accurate bomb. Add up all of my woods and drivers and you  get 12 shots: 9 of them were either in the fairway or would have been in the fairway had the fairway been longer. 3 of them were barely in the rough. None went OB. None even went into the trees. Easily the best tee-day of my life, not even close. 

:mizuno-small: ST 180 Driver & 3W

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 4i-GW

:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges

The same putter I used since I was 12 years old

#TrustTheProcess 

I was really dreading the Protocol today.  My back is sore; it's 31º and foggy outside, but today is my scheduled day to start week 2 of Protocol Level 2.

Sure enough! Speeds were down a little; about 2-3 mph across all clubs, including kneeling.  My left handed swing was down more than right handed swings.  Maybe because my back hurts on my left side.

Well, I got it done!  Tee time is in 45 minutes.  Better head to the course since I am all warm up now.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Tempo is certainly important for each individual player. However, each player does need to find the best tempo that will work for them to produce consistent results. We have found that by increasing the overall athleticism and efficiency of the golf swing, a player will fall into a much more consistent and repeatable tempo. This happens as a result of proper sequencing in the golf swing.

1 hour ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

Tempo is certainly important for each individual player. However, each player does need to find the best tempo that will work for them to produce consistent results. We have found that by increasing the overall athleticism and efficiency of the golf swing, a player will fall into a much more consistent and repeatable tempo. This happens as a result of proper sequencing in the golf swing.

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure having the company around will help answer some questions that pop up.

4 hours ago, SuperSpeed Golf said:

Welcome to the forum!  

Yes, I began a swing change in April to do just that.  I had been using a single plane swing for the past 10 years.  I had great accuracy, but lacked speed.  I changed to a 2-plane swing, narrowed my stance and I am working on increasing lag.  I have a feeling that the SuperSpeed Golf training "woke up" my brain which is why I saw a good gain after Level 1.  Thanks!!

Welcome to the forum! It's nice to see y'all here.

Received my kneeling pad yesterday.  Thank you SuperSpeed!!!

But, like RevKev said, my swing speeds have been down, all across the board.  Must be old man winter creeping up on these old bones.

One things I'll say... it's a workout.  Really gets the heart rate up.

I've been a Lutheran pastor for almost 40 years.

A big golfing amen to this post. I know that when I go for lessons and watch the video the parts are all there. The question always comes down to if they are happening in the proper sequence.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

It will be great to compare kneeling pad swings to non-kneeling bad.

I do feel sore today for sure - not injured, just sore. I may skip my workout this afternoon sore (non-SuperSpeed workout).

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

12 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Just gonna leave this here.  You guys are famous!

Saw that last night. That’s pretty cool to be social media famous. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

For the testers gear improvements. I’m just starting to go thru the feedback. I bought this late in the summer and slacked on using it. I’m going to be using mine over the winter.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

I've always wanted to be "Subject 3"! Better get the pen out to start signing autographs! 😜

Finished my first training session with the new Stability Pro mat that the fine folks at SuperSpeed were so gracious to provide to us.  Previously I had used a folded up towel for one kneeling swing session, and then bought a 18" x 11" x 1.5" garden mat to use for a few more.  For comparison the Stability Pro measures approximately 20" x 16" x 2.5".  Here's a pic of the new Stability Pro mat versus my $12 garden mat.

Mat comparison.jpg

Was the Stability Pro better for my kneeling swings?  Definitely.  Is it worth $50 versus a $10-$15 mat you can find online?  Probably not.  The bigger mat definitely made me feel more stable and didn't move around as much during my kneeling swings, but it didn't seem $40 better if that makes any sense.  Maybe that will change if I find more uses for the Stability Pro other than the 18 kneeling swings we take per training session.

Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200

Just got home to find my brand new stability mat waiting for me. Unfortunately, I did my session last night and will have to wait another day before trying it out.
I did take it out of the box and try it out on my living room floor, I really like the way it feels. It's thicker than the AWP mat i bought at Lowes and my first impression is that it feels better.

rps20181120_190803.jpgrps20181120_190825.jpg

The old kneeling pad I will give to my wife for gardening, I've never understood how she can go without one.

Thank you to SuperSpeed Golf for surprising us with this.

[/url]  

That’s pretty neat -

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Among the many Black Friday deals that I've been notified about through email, I got one this morning from LPGA teacher, Erika Larkin.  I purchased her book this past summer and subscribed to her updates.   Today's email not only has reduced prices for golf instruction but also includes the option of adding the SuperSpeed kits to your order.  Interesting!!   

I've been a Lutheran pastor for almost 40 years.

I am holding off an extra day to do my third workout this week - one of Superspeed's suggestions if we are experiencing soreness during the beginnings of level two.  I'm hopeful that my pad will arrive today.  If it doesn't I will take the modified option of tomorrow's workout rather than swinging from my knees again with the doubled up towel down.  It's not enough support for my knees - I was a catcher all the way through college - just when I forget that tidbit my knees love to act up. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

With the Thanksgiving holiday I will be changing my schedule.  It has been M-W-F since starting Level 2.  I will be spending the holiday with my dad; just turned 88 last month, so my 3rd session will be on Saturday afternoon after driving 300 miles.

I just finished my 2nd session of Week 2.  I haven't had any problems with the kneeling swing, in fact speed is up from last week with all clubs.  The first session last week my kneeling swing speeds were low-80's; by the 3rd session last week speeds were in mid-80's; today the speeds were mid- to high 80's.  All clubs are about the same, and right and left handed speeds are the same.

I reached a new milestone with the lightest club...  110 mph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_0978.jpg.78fd6ff007bb5d858cdf706586429547.jpg

That was on my second Step Change swing with the Yellow club. 

The speed increase could be due to a change I made in my warmup.  Today at 11am it was 30º with fog and a light mist falling.  I have been doing the warmup outside, even with temps in the low 30's.  Today I said NO!!  I set up everything outside, then went inside to do the warmup.  Came back outside to complete the warmup with the 10 swings with the Blue club, then immediately into the protocol.  I felt better being nice and warm.

I saw that SuperSpeed has an offer up for Black Friday for any of you who are interested: "Use code "STABILITY" and get a free Stability Pro with any set purchase from BLACK FRIDAY through CYBER MONDAY"

I am still waiting on my Stability Pro pad, so I can't comment on how it is, but my fellow testers appear to be enjoying it!

First off, congratulations Kenny for hitting a milestone. That's awesome! That's one of the beautiful things about SuperSpeed, seeing speed increases and knowing the work is paying off.

I did my second session today. The highlights: 110, 105, and 102 from lightest to heaviest. It's the first time I hit over 100 with the heaviest (blue for me) club.

The lowlight: I nearly fell off the stability pad. Just a friendly warning, when using the Stability Pro mat use caution and pay attention to where your knees wander off to. If you happen to notice they are getting near the edge of the mat, please reposition them closer to the center. At least it's a short drop from knee height.

I'm loving the mat, it's a lot more comfortable than the one I bought from Lowes. I feel it's kinder and gentler to the knees.

To all you out there, wherever you are, I hope each of you have a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

Squeezed in my last session of Week 8 before I stuff my face with a Thanksgiving feast this afternoon.  I'm definitely in the plateau phase and not seeing much improvement in my speeds with the training sticks.  I did have my first casualty though:

20181122_094406.jpg.0250f4a4d61d5a9ce7e1c2b5b46cdf3e.jpg

Guess I can't complain about a hole in my glove after 8 weeks of training and approximately 400 max speed swings.  Goodbye golf glove, you will be missed!

1074610581_week8results.JPG.37cc78bffd8de22a03dab831c76832a9.JPG

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 🦃