TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

9 hours ago, revkev said:

I’m just faster in the afternoon than the morning. My better scores come in the afternoon. My faster swings come in the afternoon. I’m an afternoon evening golfer.

So @fozcycle and I will be playing with you in the arvo then? 😉

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I received the SuperSpeed Golf Kneeling pad and the Red club today.  Many thanks to Daisy and Kyle!  The pad seems nice and much better than the one I was using; but it doesn't have any assistance to help this 71-year old get off the ground!  😀

OMG!!  The Red club is heavy!  I am really impressed with all of the over 100 mph speeds I've been seeing from you guys with the Red club.  The Blue club has been my heaviest, and tomorrow I will be using the Green, Blue, and Red clubs.  I actually haven't seen much difference between the Yellow and Green clubs, so I don't think I will miss the Yellow club, but just getting the Red club out of the box, I can tell that it will be tough tomorrow. Wish me luck that I don't break something.

@Kenny B The Red club has been a beast.  By the time I've done the exercises with the other two clubs I'm dreading having to swing the red Thor hammer!

Edited by 03trdblack

My bag is a revolving door!

6 hours ago, Reesedw said:

You all are doing great.. Keep it up.. 

@Kenny B I know the weather is about to get worse. Hang in there, I'm rooting for ya.. 

Yes, looking at the long range forecast I am seeing low 20's next week.  I wish I had a place inside, but I don't.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

still following with interest as a few MPH increases can relate to getting to a wedge distance  instead of a 7 iron on approaches and who wouldnt want that....especially as Old Father Time is creeping up on us daily 😉 

I see this as perfect winter work for your swing, and your body mobility, might even ask Santa for a set 😉 

As long as you have a place inside, or warm weather, I think this is a great training program, and over the winter is the perfect time to get started.  

I don't do a lot of exercising, mostly stretching, but the warmup exercises don't take a lot of time and provide a good pre-golf regimen.  Even if I don't see a lot of speed increase over what I have already achieved, the protocol is a workout, and after all, it is a golf swing!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Yes, looking at the long range forecast I am seeing low 20's next week.  I wish I had a place inside, but I don't.  
I'm with you on that, it would be nice to have somewhere indoors to do it. I'm wishing I would have bought a house with a garage. But, I think it gives our readers a good insight on what to expect and see what it's like to do it outside in the cold. It's a really good routine in the fact that the warm-up can be done indoors and the rest of the protocol goes by pretty quick.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

@Kenny B The Red club has been a beast.  By the time I've done the exercises with the other two clubs I'm dreading having to swing the red Thor hammer!

I just finished my 2nd session this week, and first time with the Red club.  I am really pleased with the results.  Apparently, I like heavier clubs, which is why I play better with my driver than others that are lighter.

I'll post this week's results after the 3rd session on Friday, but here are some surprising highlights:

• After the 10 warmup swings with the Red club, I hit 101 mph with the Green club on my first swing.  I've been over 100 with Green before, but not many times.
  • I hit 102 mph with the Blue club on a normal swing; I've only been 100 and over 3 times previously and only on Step Change swings.  102 is a personal best with the Blue club.
  • Kneeling swing speeds were down a little.
  • Red club was 95 mph Normal swing and 99 mph Step Change!!
  • Using the Green club instead of the Yellow club for the final 3 swings produced 106 mph, a personal best with the Green club.

Maybe it was the warmer weather... 47º an sunny headed for a high of 56º

It's time for the good news, bad news report.

Good news: speeds are up—considerably. Here are my average numbers for the standing swings (no steps) for each club for the first four weeks:

image.png.f156aad53e872d7cc0b8d9e080f61d9c.png

And here are the numbers so far through two sessions this week:

image.png.2fc7a24ef980cf16bb90d8e304e40daa.png

I also had a crazy new personal best: a step-swing with the green club for 138mph!

This week, I added the kneeling swings and upped the reps to five for each set.

Now for the bad news: you know that red stick, the one called Thor's hammer earlier in the thread? Did you know that it's a bad thing if that flies out of your hand when you're swinging? Especially if [cough, cough] you're swinging in a church building?

Ugh.

That said, it could have been way worse. But I've applied a bit of wood putty to a part of the trim on a doorway. A little touch-up paint this afternoon and we'll be golden.

Here's the other "good" news to come out of the bad news: the impact did jar the end washer loose from my DIY club. But because I epoxied all the washers on, everything else stayed attached. So I'll be able to repair the club easily.

Two improvements to make to keep problems from happening going forward. First, I'm going to wear gloves on both hands. The release of the club happened on a left-hand step swing, and I didn't have a glove on my right hand. Definitely not doing that again.

Second, I'm going to refortify my pool noodle covers of the washers. The hole in the bottom of the noodle needs to be filled, to keep the weight from sliding down at impact.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

It's time for the good news, bad news report.
Good news: speeds are up—considerably. Here are my average numbers for the standing swings (no steps) for each club for the first four weeks:
image.png.f156aad53e872d7cc0b8d9e080f61d9c.png
And here are the numbers so far through two sessions this week:
image.png.2fc7a24ef980cf16bb90d8e304e40daa.png
I also had a crazy new personal best: a step-swing with the green club for 138mph!
This week, I added the kneeling swings and upped the reps to five for each set.
Now for the bad news: you know that red stick, the one called Thor's hammer earlier in the thread? Did you know that it's a bad thing if that flies out of your hand when you're swinging? Especially if [cough, cough] you're swinging in a church building?
Ugh.
That said, it could have been way worse. But I've applied a bit of wood putty to a part of the trim on a doorway. A little touch-up paint this afternoon and we'll be golden.
Here's the other "good" news to come out of the bad news: the impact did jar the end washer loose from my DIY club. But because I epoxied all the washers on, everything else stayed attached. So I'll be able to repair the club easily.
Two improvements to make to keep problems from happening going forward. First, I'm going to wear gloves on both hands. The release of the club happened on a left-hand step swing, and I didn't have a glove on my right hand. Definitely not doing that again.
Second, I'm going to refortify my pool noodle covers of the washers. The hole in the bottom of the noodle needs to be filled, to keep the weight from sliding down at impact.

138, that's an awesome number! You must've tapped into the speed force for that one. Keep up the good work, it's going to be interesting to see how your numbers look after the first six weeks.

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

138, that's an awesome number! You must've tapped into the speed force for that one. Keep up the good work, it's going to be interesting to see how your numbers look after the first six weeks.

Certainly willing to concede the possibility that it was a radar misread, but my sequence for the green step swings was 126, 133, 120, 138, 126, so even if the 138 was generous, I still had some good speed going there.

For my own part, I have to return to the discussion of the need for the radar: there is virtually no chance at all that I would be making this progress without the immediate feedback of the radar. I've gotten much better at taking a swing and knowing (even without looking) whether a given swing was fast or not, whereas when I first got the radar, there were lots of times when the reading was quite opposite of my expectations.

Full WITB with pictures

Certainly willing to concede the possibility that it was a radar misread, but my sequence for the green step swings was 126, 133, 120, 138, 126, so even if the 138 was generous, I still had some good speed going there.
For my own part, I have to return to the discussion of the need for the radar: there is virtually no chance at all that I would be making this progress without the immediate feedback of the radar. I've gotten much better at taking a swing and knowing (even without looking) whether a given swing was fast or not, whereas when I first got the radar, there were lots of times when the reading was quite opposite of my expectations.
I couldn't agree more with you about the radar. I think it's a valuable resource while using the SuperSpeed system. Anyone looking to purchase this system would be doing themselves a favor buying this along with the sticks. Like you, I've had some swings that surprised me, mostly in a good way. I have had some hiccups with it, swing fast and see something like 72. That's more of the exception than the norm. Plus, with the radar you get a feeling of encouragement when you see high numbers.

Level 2 - weekly update - week 3 of 8

The good news, a bit more speed is back.  The bad news, not as much as my peek weeks, the last week of level one and the first week of level 2.  I don't exactly know how this will translate to the course BTW as its looking as if the only on course round that I will be playing prior to Dec. 27th will be with Barbajo and Foz in a couple of weeks.  This will be the least amount of golf that I will have played since moving to Florida including a month where I had pneumonia and another where I had heart surgery.

First some numbers and then a couple of observations:

Green RH 110  LH 104  Blue  RH 103  LH 100  Red  RH 100 LH 95

I've clearly established that I train faster in the afternoon - particularly late afternoon around 4 than I do in the morning regardless of the time of the morning.  Most weeks I have two afternoon training sessions and one morning session but this week had two mornings and an afternoon.  Even though the afternoon was after having hit balls in the morning (I know we're not supposed to do that but I would not have gotten three sessions in or hit a live golf ball all week had I not done that) I was significantly faster at 4:30 than at 10 AM when I was on the range or my other two workout session.  I may try the range later this afternoon just to see if that pattern hold.  Here's an example of the differences in top speed -

Afternoon Green 110  Blue 103 Red 100

Morning    Green 107  Blue 102 Red 99

The top end speeds don't tell the entire story either - I have much more energy in the late afternoon and so the swings are far more consistent at that time.  Also the combination of the Superspeed mat, eating some protein pre routine and plain Greek Yogurt post has done the trick.  My soreness level after workouts is what I would consider normal for someone working to get faster or stronger.

Finally this is a very long thread for two reasons:   First, it is the longest product review on record - 14 weeks with a stage one and weekly updates.  Second, there are eight testers.  Additionally we have three very interested non-testers who have either used Superspeed or are attempting their own home made version in order to save money (I appreciate that - I'm a pastor - we aren't in that line of work for the money - I earn a better income than most because I'm at a large church with a school but 60 percent of my pay comes because I manage the business end of things - for which I am decidedly under compensated).  My point in mentioning that group is that while they add color and further outside substantiation to the actual test the protocols that they are using are in the process of being modified by Superspeed Golf.  So do take note that if you decide to buy in to Superspeed as an under the tree gift you will probably be working under the new system (the one that we are following.)  In retrospect I wish we could have split the group or recruited another group of testers to test old v. new.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Week 3 of the Level 2 protocol is complete.  Not too much to report this week since my speeds are holding steady.  There's also snow on the ground in Wisconsin so I can't speak of any on-course changes.

I'm still enjoying the training and have yet to run into a repetitive lull.  Part of that probably has to do with being involved in this test and knowing there are others going through the same plateau phase.  I could see how someone doing this on their own could get frustrated/bored if they were stuck training in their basement like I am (thankfully we have 9' ceilings).

image.png.9801a11f9f85ee5f8c82ddb062ac4ebc.png

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

I haven't been stuck inside... yet, but it's coming.  I'm thinking about moving into the garage after my wife leaves for work.  I could move to the covered patio, but it's colder and I would have to move furniture. Really cold weather coming next week!!

I have completed Week 9 of the SuperSpeed Golf program and the 3rd week of the Level 2 protocol.  As I stated early in the week, because my speeds have increased, SuperSpeed Golf sent me the heaviest Red club, and I stopped using the lightest Yellow club.  I started using the Red club for my 2nd session this week.  On Wednesday I had personal bests of 106 with the Green club and 102 with the Blue club. The Red club came in at 99 this week.

If you don't already know, the Senior set is Yellow, Green, Blue clubs, and the Men's set is Green, Blue, Red clubs.  I thought that since I have changed to the Men's set of SuperSpeed Golf clubs, now would be a good time to give you a comparison of where I am now with where I came from... speed-wise.  Here are my speeds after Week 1 and Week 9.

image.png.1409e06889f38084db9e6b786b751d44.png

Notice that my speed with the heaviest Red club is identical to my speed after Week 1 with the lightest Yellow club. Now that's real progress!  

I can't say that this speed training has translated into more distance on the course because conditions have changed dramatically since I started this training.  However, I am getting more exercise than I otherwise would have, so I count that as a positive.

@revkev watch out!!  My speeds are catching up with yours, and I've got 10 years on you!!

(thankfully we have 9' ceilings).

This is what worries me the most and why I’ve held off purchasing it (really bummed too because I liked the Turkey Day offer). Also stuck inside in Chicago and worried about swinging them indoors.

At 5’10” and a slightly over-the-top swing, is 9’ close enough? Wife would kill me if I put a divot in the ceiling

I finished my third workout of the week, and my numbers were pretty much where the were the first two workouts. That isn't a disappointment: this week saw a huge jump in performance for me.

Having the three sticks absolutely creates an interesting psychological situation. It isn't merely the whole "My brain now thinks it's OK for me to swing this fast." There's that, but there's also just the innate competitiveness that it brings out, that self-motivation. When I hit a certain level with the green stick, for instance, I get somewhat disgruntled when I see a lower number with the blue or the red. My expectations for those swings change.

This isn't a trivial thing. I'm not a "power of positive thinking mystic," but we know that (for instance), if you're working out, and you aim to do 10 reps, 9 and 10 seem hard. But somehow, if you aim to do fifteen, the fatigue doesn't kick in until 13.

Brains are weird.

So at least for me, having the three sticks, and starting light and going to the heavy, is a great way of tricking my brain's expectations.

Full WITB with pictures

50 minutes ago, KJG67 said:

This is what worries me the most and why I’ve held off purchasing it (really bummed too because I liked the Turkey Day offer). Also stuck inside in Chicago and worried about swinging them indoors.

At 5’10” and a slightly over-the-top swing, is 9’ close enough? Wife would kill me if I put a divot in the ceiling emoji16.png

I'm 6' (maybe 6'1" in shoes) and have yet to hit the ceiling.  I don't feel comfortable swinging a driver in my basement when I'm trying to hit a ball, but with the SuperSpeed sticks you have a much flatter swing as the clubs are meant to be swung 6"-8" off the ground.

Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200

I'm 6' (maybe 6'1" in shoes) and have yet to hit the ceiling.  I don't feel comfortable swinging a driver in my basement when I'm trying to hit a ball, but with the SuperSpeed sticks you have a much flatter swing as the clubs are meant to be swung 6"-8" off the ground.

Thanks! That’s very helpful. Will have to add this to the Christmas wish list now!

20181201_115543.jpg.c41417afcb11bae76fdc7564b00b058e.jpgWeek nine is is the books. This has been a crazy week for me with the weather and work. Normally I like to do my protocols on Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday, but that just wasn't in the cards for this week. My Friday workout had to be moved to this morning due to rain and being stuck in traffic.

My numbers were staying consistent with just a little drop off. I did hit a personal best of 107 left handed this morning with the lightest club. Also, I did my kneeling swings standing with my feet together today, due to the fact that it was still very wet outside.

One of the things I wanted to gauge with this training was how well it works with a busy schedule. I've gotta say, it's been phenomenal.

I did have a slight casualty this morning, my heaviest club (blue) came in contact with my driveway. I was scared to look at the damage, but it held up wonderfully. Little bit of a scuff on the weight, and no structural damage. rps20181201_115137.jpg.223f78f69c74d0528662318611ea22f7.jpg

@sirchunksalot - I have a funny casualty story for you.

I played the Friday after Thanksgiving. It was slow and we had to wait on the tee often. Soo told the guys that I was playing with about SuperSpeed and specifically about how difficult the kneeling swings were. So my wiseguy friend decided to try a few. Hybrid in hand his first swing was horribly awkward and his second hit the turf. After telling him he wasn’t supposed to do that he took a mighty swing trying not to.

He just picked up his reshafted hybrid this morning. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

25 minutes ago, revkev said:

I played the Friday after Thanksgiving. It was slow and we had to wait on the tee often. Soo told the guys that I was playing with about SuperSpeed and specifically about how difficult the kneeling swings were. So my wiseguy friend decided to try a few. Hybrid in hand his first swing was horribly awkward and his second hit the turf. After telling him he wasn’t supposed to do that he took a mighty swing trying not to.

He just picked up his reshafted hybrid this morning. 🙂

I haven't had any trouble with hitting the ground with the SuperSpeed clubs, kneeling or otherwise.  However, when I play after the protocol session, I have to really focus on iron shots.  I have a tendency to not stay down through the shot and hit worm burners.  It only happens if I don't get a few warmup shots in before teeing off, which happens if I'm running late.

He just picked up his reshafted hybrid this morning. :)

That's hilarious! I hate that for your friend, but you gotta be aware of the ground.

@Kenny I’ve had little trouble hitting the ground in the protocol either. This was a guy who hasn’t been doing any of the training using a regular club in the middle of a round after a few beers. You get the picture.

My swing issue early in the first protocol was thin hits or some tops, now it’s chunking the ball - I think that I have it worked out though and if not I have a lesson scheduled for the week after Christmas. Just no time right now. :(

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

31 minutes ago, revkev said:

@Kenny I’ve had little trouble hitting the ground in the protocol either. This was a guy who hasn’t been doing any of the training using a regular club in the middle of a round after a few beers. You get the picture.

My swing issue early in the first protocol was thin hits or done tops, now it’s chunking the ball - I think that I have it worked out though and if not I have a lesson scheduled for the week after Christmas. Just no time right now. 😞

Y'know, it's interesting to hear about the swing issues during the program, as your body is adapting to swinging in a slightly different way without the ball/turf being in the way of your swing. I had that same issue one year when I did a lot of swinging inside during the winter, where I intentionally wasn't hitting the floor since it was just swing practice. It took me a good 3-4 range sessions in the spring to finally get things back to "normal". 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Y'know, it's interesting to hear about the swing issues during the program, as your body is adapting to swinging in a slightly different way without the ball/turf being in the way of your swing. I had that same issue one year when I did a lot of swinging inside during the winter, where I intentionally wasn't hitting the floor since it was just swing practice. It took me a good 3-4 range sessions in the spring to finally get things back to "normal". 
It has been a challenge to maintain good contact, especially with the irons. I try to get one range session in a week with a heavy focus on making contact with the ground in front of the ball.

I'll start at the range working on short chips: weight forward, hands in front of the ball, and crisp contact. I have had a problem with the first couple of full wedges where I'm visited by the spirit of El Hosel and the shot goes way right.

I've always had a problem taking a divot in front of the ball, hence my name. I've been really trying to work on that throughout the time I've been doing this test since I'm spending a lot more time at the range than I ever have.

20181201_115543.jpg.c41417afcb11bae76fdc7564b00b058e.jpgWeek nine is is the books. This has been a crazy week for me with the weather and work. Normally I like to do my protocols on Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday, but that just wasn't in the cards for this week. My Friday workout had to be moved to this morning due to rain and being stuck in traffic.

My numbers were staying consistent with just a little drop off. I did hit a personal best of 107 left handed this morning with the lightest club. Also, I did my kneeling swings standing with my feet together today, due to the fact that it was still very wet outside.

One of the things I wanted to gauge with this training was how well it works with a busy schedule. I've gotta say, it's been phenomenal.

I did have a slight casualty this morning, my heaviest club (blue) came in contact with my driveway. I was scared to look at the damage, but it held up wonderfully. Little bit of a scuff on the weight, and no structural damage. rps20181201_115137.jpg.223f78f69c74d0528662318611ea22f7.jpg
I read this just the other day and told myself no way it would happen to me..well today boom about a foot behind the spot I was aiming for sparks and pieces of cement floor flying luckily no damage to the swing weight or myself

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

@tchat07 - it’s way more difficult and tiring than it looks.

Very disappointing workout today but I led two church services, preached and distributed communion at both, taught a Bible Study and presided over a Congregational Meeting so I’m not going to let it bother me. I’m glad I’m upright after that.

I have a dilemma in that my only day to play is Tuesday and I have to play at 1145. I may have to carve out half an hour for a Weds workout, go Weds, Friday next week and then try to horse one next Sunday (very tough because we have a service at 3 that afternoon besides the Sunday ones.)

Half an hour three days a week sounds like nothing but if you work a lot of hours or have things to do post workout you need to allot time to shower after the workout.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

On 11/26/2018 at 5:28 PM, Jon Brittan said:

Hmm, this whole thread has given me an idea...

To everyone participating in this thread, if you would be able to spare 10-15 minutes at any time at all and would like to help me conduct an experiment, could you please send me a private message. I'll let each of you individually know what I'd need from you (really simple and totally cost free, before anyone thinks I'm up to something 😉), but I'd like to keep it "under my hat" so to speak until I can give you some results...

You'll simply need somewhere you can hit a ball or two

So, @sirchunksalot has obliged me on this already. Can I persuade anyone else to join in?
Just want to test a small theory I have currently, that might play into this quite nicely...

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

Instagram @makingscratch : https://www.instagram.com/makingscratch/

Twitter @makingscratchUK : https://twitter.com/makingscratchuk

WITB:

• Driver : Ping G400 - Tour65 Stiff 44"
  • Fairway : Taylormade Burner 2.0 15deg - Reax-R
  • Hybrid : Taylormade M2 22deg - Flex-R
  • Irons : 4-6 Srixon Z765, 7-PW Srixon Z965 - Nippon Modus 105 S
  • Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15
    • 56deg Vokey SM5 F-Grind - Nippon ProModus 130 TX
    • 60deg Miura K-Grind - TT DG Spinner
  • Putter : Evnroll ER2
  • Ball : Vice Pro Plus

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

1 hour ago, Jon Brittan said:

So, @sirchunksalot has obliged me on this already. Can I persuade anyone else to join in?
Just want to test a small theory I have currently, that might play into this quite nicely...

Don't be so secretive! You certainly a great Secret(ive) Agent.😉

Edited by GB13

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

2 hours ago, Jon Brittan said:

If you have a specific question or theory for us please let us know in this forum.  That way you get the whole team of testers looking at it (and possibly the SuperSpeed team as well) rather than one or two of us.  Let's be more open and honest and less cloak and dagger.

41 minutes ago, 02uwmadgrad said:

If you have a specific question or theory for us please let us know in this forum.  That way you get the whole team of testers looking at it (and possibly the SuperSpeed team as well) rather than one or two of us.  Let's be more open and honest and less cloak and dagger.

Ah, but there is a point to not being open about what I need.
If you know what is being asked of individuals and people start to discuss it, then you can bias the outcome by guessing what it is supposed to show...

Blind testing is hugely important in showing accurate behaviours rather than a bunch of testers trying to replicate the outcomes they think they're expected to produce.

Obviously people can still guess at what is intended individually, but it leads to less clustered attempts to essentially break the data.

If you ever participate in any trials or studies at all you'll often find that instructions are either given at the very last minute or individually.

This is also not Superspeed specific, it's just that the tone of this thread is leading me down one train of thought.

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

Instagram @makingscratch : https://www.instagram.com/makingscratch/

Twitter @makingscratchUK : https://twitter.com/makingscratchuk

WITB:

• Driver : Ping G400 - Tour65 Stiff 44"
  • Fairway : Taylormade Burner 2.0 15deg - Reax-R
  • Hybrid : Taylormade M2 22deg - Flex-R
  • Irons : 4-6 Srixon Z765, 7-PW Srixon Z965 - Nippon Modus 105 S
  • Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15
    • 56deg Vokey SM5 F-Grind - Nippon ProModus 130 TX
    • 60deg Miura K-Grind - TT DG Spinner
  • Putter : Evnroll ER2
  • Ball : Vice Pro Plus

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...