TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

4 hours ago, Jon Brittan said:

The forums have changed, you're probably now in the "wrong" one...
They've separated official and unofficial product reviews and it seems that was done by creating a new "official" reviews sub-forum while the old one was renamed to the unofficial listings. Anyone with a web browser open saw only the unofficial threads. I had the same thing this morning, briefly, on my laptop wondering where all the official threads had gone (while being delighted they had "unpinned" them so we could see some of the other topics too 🙂

Yep - you are spot on with this -

Just call me Mister Tech Savy!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Except in the morning - I’m not killing anything in the morning. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
I agree Rev, I did my first session of the week yesterday morning in order to beat the rain and it was dreadful. It's crazy how my sessions are better after working a full day. It's either that or the knowledge that every car driving by my house is laughing at me. I just don't know.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I'd be curious if there is a correspondence to when we play and when we are better with SuperSpeed.  I'm a late afternoon league, sneak out for 9 after work or evening range session sort of guy.  While I've had some low rounds in the morning most of my best rounds have come in the afternoon and the afternoon round of a two round tournament is almost always my better one.  It's not surprise to me that I'm better in the morning.

Is that true for the rest of the guys - those who play in the morning are faster than in the afternoon and vis a versa?  Just curious.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'd be curious if there is a correspondence to when we play and when we are better with SuperSpeed.  I'm a late afternoon league, sneak out for 9 after work or evening range session sort of guy.  While I've had some low rounds in the morning most of my best rounds have come in the afternoon and the afternoon round of a two round tournament is almost always my better one.  It's not surprise to me that I'm better in the morning.

Is that true for the rest of the guys - those who play in the morning are faster than in the afternoon and vis a versa?  Just curious.

I’ve had my best training sessions in the late morning or early afternoon.

On the course it’s probably the same. I don’t necessarily score the best at a certain time, but I feel most relaxed and enjoy rounds more if they start somewhere in the 10am-2pm range.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Speeds were steady or down across the board today. On the theme of morning vs. afternoon sessions, I'm going to blame my mediocre speeds today on the portion size for the fajita plate at the Mexican place where I ate lunch 🙂

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

I have conducted all of my sessions in the morning from 8am until noon, mostly because SuperSpeed Golf said so.  When we started, the weather was warm so 8-10am was perfect.  Now it's below freezing, but it's only maybe 33º in the afternoon, so not much difference.

Last night we had some freezing rain followed by 0.5 inches of snow and I didn't want to do the protocol in my yard like usual, so today I set up on my patio.  It's a little different swinging on concrete vs. grass.  Speed was down a couple of mph across the board, except I did hit 100mph for the first time with a left-handed swing and the Green club.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I have conducted all of my sessions in the morning from 8am until noon, mostly because SuperSpeed Golf said so.  When we started, the weather was warm so 8-10am was perfect.  Now it's below freezing, but it's only maybe 33º in the afternoon, so not much difference.
Last night we had some freezing rain followed by 0.5 inches of snow and I didn't want to do the protocol in my yard like usual, so today I set up on my patio.  It's a little different swinging on concrete vs. grass.  Speed was down a couple of mph across the board, except I did hit 100mph for the first time with a left-handed swing and the Green club.  

When do you typically play?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

4 hours ago, revkev said:

When do you typically play?

We always play around 10-11am; never in the afternoon unless there is a reason not to play in the morning.  Generally, the afternoons are busy with beginners getting the twilight rate.  In the summer we try to get out ahead of the Men's Club, so around 7:30am.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

We always play around 10-11am; never in the afternoon unless there is a reason not to play in the morning.  Generally, the afternoons are busy with beginners getting the twilight rate.  In the summer we try to get out ahead of the Men's Club, so around 7:30am.

It would be interesting to see how you do with an afternoon SUperSpeed Session - I’m guessing not as well as the morning.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

10 minutes ago, revkev said:

It would be interesting to see how you do with an afternoon SUperSpeed Session - I’m guessing not as well as the morning.

I may give it a try one of these days.

I am thinking about how I am going to complete my sessions over Christmas.  We will be traveling for 4 days; no place to do it indoors; and likely rain every day.  

So...Had disaster strike tonight. I was out doing my drills and hit my radar. I've had issues with it not recording my speed and staying on one speed. If this happens, I'll usually swing one handed in front of the radar to reset it to something like 48 mph then continue. I don't think I was far enough back and the radar went flying, into the side of my car. No damage to the car, but the radar is done. I feel like such an idiot. Looks like I'll be buying a new one. rps20181211_190556.jpeg
rps20181211_190537.jpeg

Ouch that sucks man!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I may give it a try one of these days.
I am thinking about how I am going to complete my sessions over Christmas.  We will be traveling for 4 days; no place to do it indoors; and likely rain every day.  

If you’re at a hotel their work out room works - I did that early on over in Port St Lucie - it was actually nice

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

@sirchunksalot hey Jason, just sent you an email as well but figured I would post for the others to see as well. The owner of the radar company has been great at fixing any damaged radars, even those that looked like they had no chance at fixing. Anyone who has an issue send an email to adilz@cinci.rr.com and he will often fix it for no charge or a minimal fee. 

3 hours ago, revkev said:

If you’re at a hotel their work out room works - I did that early on over in Port St Lucie - it was actually nice

I wonder what kind of damage I can do inside??

Yeah, I would but the hotel we stay at doesn't have a workout room.  We're cheap.  I make a trip to see dad about every 4-6 weeks and can't afford the nicer hotels.  I will take the sticks and hopefully the weather will cooperate.  

Been kicking myself all night about it. I'm going to chalk this up to lesson learned and make sure I don't come that close to the next one.

Don’t sweat it - any one of us could have done this. I’ve come close for sure. It was bound to happen.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

21 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Been kicking myself all night about it. I'm going to chalk this up to lesson learned and make sure I don't come that close to the next one.

5 hours ago, revkev said:

Don’t sweat it - any one of us could have done this. I’ve come close for sure. It was bound to happen.

Yes, it was bound to happen... I always thought it would be me.  

On 12/12/2018 at 12:11 AM, sirchunksalot said:

rps20181211_190537.jpeg

Either it's broken, or it was upside down when it hit the side of your car at 36 mph 😉

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

Instagram @makingscratch : https://www.instagram.com/makingscratch/

Twitter @makingscratchUK : https://twitter.com/makingscratchuk

WITB:

• Driver : Ping G400 - Tour65 Stiff 44"
  • Fairway : Taylormade Burner 2.0 15deg - Reax-R
  • Hybrid : Taylormade M2 22deg - Flex-R
  • Irons : 4-6 Srixon Z765, 7-PW Srixon Z965 - Nippon Modus 105 S
  • Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15
    • 56deg Vokey SM5 F-Grind - Nippon ProModus 130 TX
    • 60deg Miura K-Grind - TT DG Spinner
  • Putter : Evnroll ER2
  • Ball : Vice Pro Plus

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

Level 2 week 4 is in the books. Here are the numbers:

Dominant, non-Dominant
Green 109,104
Blue 104, 100
Red 103, 92

Nothing really remarkable to report. I’m crazy busy with work so it’s hard to fit workouts in. Next week will be worse and then it settles down again.

I had two bad weather workouts, one in the cold (Florida cold - around 50) and the other in the rain:

IMG_1476.JPG

The baggie over the radar worked fine but I did chew up the back yard a bit.

I know we are not supposed to but I’m curious as to whether or not anyone else has tried workouts on back to back days. Maybe someone from the SuperSpeed team will weigh in as to whether that’s preferable or having a two workout week. I’m trying to map next week out. I think that I can do a go through the motions workout between church Sunday and the 4 PM Christmas Service that I’m doing at a local nursing home - I think.

Three more sermons left to write plus two other opportunities where I will ad lib and I’m done - 10 days to go.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

7 minutes ago, revkev said:

I know we are not supposed to but I’m curious as to whether or not anyone else has tried workouts on back to back days. Maybe someone from the SuperSpeed team will weigh in as to whether that’s preferable or having a two workout week. I’m trying to map next week out. I think that I can do a go through the motions workout between church Sunday and the 4 PM Christmas Service that I’m doing at a local nursing home - I think.

Rev, I saw the picture first without the description, and my first thought was, "Oh no, another radar bit the dust!" 🙂

I've done back-to-back workouts before, when scheduling demanded it. Typically, I've ended up going early the first day, then afternoon the second day, just to space them out a bit. Can't say that I saw any ill effects.

Full WITB with pictures

I've also done back to back workouts.  I think it was a bigger deal when we first started and weren't used to the training yet.  At this point I think doing two straight days would be better overall than completely skipping a workout.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

59 minutes ago, revkev said:

49 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I've done back-to-back workouts before, when scheduling demanded it. Typically, I've ended up going early the first day, then afternoon the second day, just to space them out a bit. Can't say that I saw any ill effects.

20 minutes ago, 02uwmadgrad said:

I've also done back to back workouts.  I think it was a bigger deal when we first started and weren't used to the training yet.  At this point I think doing two straight days would be better overall than completely skipping a workout.

This is simply a training issue and it's something sports people and athletes have to deal with.
As @02uwmadgrad has said, this would have been more detrimental early in your training.
Superspeed golf state that the main aim of this training is to build not only the muscle based practice, but the psychology of swinging fast.

Personally, I would say you're better off doing back-to-back than missing a session out of the week, but what you may want to do if you need to is to simply do fewer reps in the second workout if that helps you to swing faster. If you ache at all then focus on fewer swings that are at your peak speed rather than "go[ing] through the motions" as you put it. I would suggest that a casual, slow set purely for the purposes of volume would be detrimental really, where 2-3 reps at full speed would be better than nothing.

The core is always to think about what you are trying to train (mind as much as muscles) and what your aim is (speed) and focus on that, 2 full-speed reps is better than no exercise, which is also better than "exercise" which tells your body it's okay to swing slow if that's what you need to do today.
So to clarify, my suggestion would be to do back-to-back if you can, but only if you can hit full speed and if necessary reduce the reps you do to do so. If you don't feel you can swing fast at all on the second day, it's better to skip than to swing slow.

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

Instagram @makingscratch : https://www.instagram.com/makingscratch/

Twitter @makingscratchUK : https://twitter.com/makingscratchuk

WITB:

• Driver : Ping G400 - Tour65 Stiff 44"
  • Fairway : Taylormade Burner 2.0 15deg - Reax-R
  • Hybrid : Taylormade M2 22deg - Flex-R
  • Irons : 4-6 Srixon Z765, 7-PW Srixon Z965 - Nippon Modus 105 S
  • Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15
    • 56deg Vokey SM5 F-Grind - Nippon ProModus 130 TX
    • 60deg Miura K-Grind - TT DG Spinner
  • Putter : Evnroll ER2
  • Ball : Vice Pro Plus

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

Thanks guys what you’re writing makes sense.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

That's really good to know about the plastic over the radar. I would have never imagined that it would work. It's been pretty rainy here in Tennessee and I have had days that I've not done the session due to drizzle. Awesome idea Rev!

Another week in the books here. I'd characterize as a week of consolidating gains:

image.png

That said, I had a highlight worth mentioning. I love those last three swings, where you challenge yourself to go all out and see what you can hit. I'd been swinging really well today, and so I got to the last three and really wanted to grab a 130 average for the first time.

First swing: 133. Awesome.

Second swing: 127. OK, now I've got some work.

Third swing: 134! Yes! That's a really good feeling to have a target and hit it like that.

At the risk of sounding like the jerk who asks whether you inhale or exhale at impact (truly not my intention here): do you do your protocols with or without imagining a ball in front of you?

Full WITB with pictures

Hey All -

This is my first post on MyGolfSpy, just wanted to say I'm jumping on board the SuperSpeed train thanks to what you guys are doing.

I'm 56, just start playing golf spring of 2016, so as you can imagine, pretty rough around the edges. Get out generally every Saturday from mid April to late October (live in Mass, so kinda cold the rest of the year) with a regular foursome.

Got an email early last week from Practical Golf, they are offering a discount on the SuperSpeed equipment, and someone has posted a link to this forum thread, which I read through last week and have been following ever since.  I actually bought the system late last spring (based on a Practical Golf recommendation and a couple of Amazon gift cards I had lying around), but didn't get very far due to a combination of elbow tendinitis and laziness.  After seeing all the progress here, I just finished week one and am excited to continue through the winter.  I actually started a weigh training program mid October, partly to help improve my golf swing speed, but also general strength - I'm not a big guy, about 5' 8" 165 lbs, and sometimes it felt like I was swinging through molasses the last few rounds this fall.  Doing all barbell exercises for now, progressively adding weight, and it's definitely helped with getting start on the SS protocol, I haven't felt any soreness at all.

My initial driver speed was 84 mph, if I'm swinging 90 or better when I play my first round in April, I'll be really happy...90 mph - 92 mph seems like a reasonable expectation based on what I've read here and on the SS website.  Managed a 104 and 107 on the last two normal swings at the end of the protocol this morning, so heading in the right direction.

Looking forward to continuing to follow everyone's progress, and I'll let you know how I'm doing at the end of level 1.  Just ordered the pad so I'll be ready to go with the kneeling swings when I get there.

- Mike

Another week in the books here. I'd characterize as a week of consolidating gains:
image.png.1a9be78c4996e2cfea04b00c4d282277.png
That said, I had a highlight worth mentioning. I love those last three swings, where you challenge yourself to go all out and see what you can hit. I'd been swinging really well today, and so I got to the last three and really wanted to grab a 130 average for the first time.
First swing: 133. Awesome.
Second swing: 127. OK, now I've got some work.
Third swing: 134! Yes! That's a really good feeling to have a target and hit it like that.
At the risk of sounding like the jerk who asks whether you inhale or exhale at impact (truly not my intention here): do you do your protocols with or without imagining a ball in front of you?
Personally, I don't imagine a ball in front of me. I will try to pick a spot and swing over it, though. As for your last three swings, that's awesome!